Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 404840 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #1740 on: March 14, 2019, 04:35:29 pm »

"I'll get it, don't worry!
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all."

Grab Ashul's stuff for safekeeping. Then observe Auft's flirtations with the Guardian

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: CAWtastrophe
« Reply #1741 on: March 14, 2019, 04:51:41 pm »

If someone goes to open the boxes, go with them just in case there's dangerous stuff inside and they need protection.

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: March 14, 2019, 07:37:18 pm »

"Thank you, noble Schluck!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1743 on: March 17, 2019, 01:54:40 pm »

If hiding it won't work, then perhaps disguising it would.

Try to find a box, bag or other thing that can be used as a receptacle where he will put the fathoms. Use a piece of cloth or similar to create a false bottom (use shirt if nothing else is found) and place the TNT there. Then place the box near the edge of the freight elevator farthest from the mechanism operating it.

Consider if the damage it will cause would still allow the freight elevator to retract and how easy it would be to repair the hole with some scrap, even if we have to weld it on.

EDIT: Also consider if Adam's "tiny eater of all" could be shot out of a gun or if Wiellste could craft a launcher out of some scrap.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
[5]
You find a box that perfectly fits the explosives with room to spare for the false bottom. Unfortunately the box has a giant stamp of "DANGER EXPLOSIVES" on it because its the box that the TNT came in. You groan and grumble but quickly rig the box up and place it on the edge of the freight elevator.

You put in a reasonable amount of TNT. Enough to very much inconvenience anything holding the box but hopefully not enough to blow a chunk out of the bore. Though the elevator will probably be a write off either way.

Edit: You have no idea how that thing works or what it really is. But you think that if it survives the firing from a gun its probably though enough not to shatter against whatever it hits, thus rendering it useless as anything more than a blunt instrument.

Based on what I saw, is this guy a bad dude? Also, just how powerful does he seem? In any case, tell my teammates what I saw in the vision.
“This guy is really old and really powerful. I’m not sure I like our chances against the corpses on their own, but I especially don’t like our chances against him. And if we don’t manage to kill him but still survive, he’s got a lot more power to draw from.”
Bad is a subjective term, just like evil, but you would go so far as to say he's dangerous. Definitely dangerous to those he is pitted against. You're not sure of his power but considering the age he seems to be and the number of conflicts he's survived, he is either very powerful, very skilled, very lucky, or all three. You advise those around you -quietly- of what you saw and that you think fighting this guy is probably a bad idea.

Can boneboy currently see the boxes? And is the one box with gold in it buried under the others or could we easily remove it without arousing much suspicion? (Assuming he can't just straight up see through solid materials of course).

If it seems very likely we could just remove the box with gold surreptitiously, do so.

If not, then ask the necromancer the following instead:

"Thank you for your generous offer, lord Izbin-ikaer. If I may, there is one more possible point of contention however: when we were loading the boxes we noticed that one of them was rather heavier than the others. We didn't think much of it at the time, but now it seems possible to me that this box, unlike the others, is not filled with your brazenly stolen servants. Would you mind if we inspected this box while we deliver the others into your care?"

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
If someone goes to open the boxes, go with them just in case there's dangerous stuff inside and they need protection.

The boxes are all down in the hold right now, and he's up here on the cockpit window so...assuming he doesn't have x-ray vision he can't see them. He might be able to "Feel" where they are because of the necromancy or something but he can't see them.  So you head down, find the box with the gold (which you marked before hand, just in case) and open it. This box is the only one with a normal, non-sealed lid, though it has a false bottom which IS sealed over more bodies. You get all the gold out of the box, re-close it, and carefully stash the gold in another room.

Even with Kalagony's help it is hard work and takes a few minutes at least. Should probably start getting these boxes out before Mr.bones up there starts getting impatient. Or murderous.

No book will be left behind.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
About 40% done.

"Is it playing with dolls?" Auft wonders aloud. "Perhaps we're each supposed to be sorted... or maybe it just liked the dead one. Hrm."

Stand in front of the doorway waiting for the lizard. Flirt with it for science. Tell my thug to help out if this goes poorly, and let it play dolls with him too if it goes well.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Ah. I think I see whats going on!" Auft says, moving to the edge of the room.  The lizard returns, reaches in, plucks up Auft and examines her. It then promptly drops Auft into the pit.

"SOMEBODY PLEASE GRAB MY STUFF!" AsHul shouts across the void.

Is this a lived in or facade room? Before it migrates away, look into the void that the lizard is in for signs of the Vision Core. Are the Moons still up above or is this a different hole?

Lived in  by the look of it.  You look outside and this is indeed the same hole as before.

"I'll get it, don't worry!
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all."

Grab Ashul's stuff for safekeeping. Then observe Auft's flirtations with the Guardian

You grab all of Auft's stuff and carry it, and yourself, away from the opening, hunkering down behind a couch a few rooms back.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: March 17, 2019, 02:00:48 pm »

"Thank you for your generous offer, lord Izbin-ikaer. We shall deliver your servants back into your care now. Please deposit the coinage into the box provided, if you will."

Trade-a-doodle-do.

Should things go smoothly and the lift comes back up without hassle, check how much money we got exactly and put it with the remainder of the pilgrim mission money.

Also, how much gold did we just save, and how much fathoms would it be worth? Is it marked in some form or another? And where could one easily sell it without raising much suspicion or questions?

Should things NOT go smoothly, aka hostilities break out, then pew pew ethral beams.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 04:47:46 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1745 on: March 17, 2019, 02:07:35 pm »

Better to have some defenses than nothing at all.

Set up my rifle's bipod at a defensive position and aim its scope at the TNT box. Keep an eye out for anything suspicious.

Anything bad happens, then start shooting and use the radio to yell at Vikkan to run and/or stomp that bastard with the bore's leg (provide directions if necessary), whatever seems more appropriate.

Do not shoot the box if that would not offer anything. Instead shoot at the bastard and his corpsemates to redeaden them.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 07:11:26 pm by Parisbre56 »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: March 17, 2019, 02:13:20 pm »

(Assumng the rest of the team decides to comply with the necromancer) Help move boxes, but keep my weapons handy just in case
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: March 17, 2019, 05:54:25 pm »

"Hmm.  I see no use in dealing with this creature further.  Simply destroying it could reveal the path forward, but it seems relatively safe at the moment; no need to rush into danger, in my opinion.

Start helping Alex move books.  Nyw should be able to lift a lot more than him, so I figure they'll be able to finish within one turn.

Hotfire90

« Reply #1748 on: March 17, 2019, 06:04:19 pm »

40% is good, 100% is better.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: March 18, 2019, 06:59:18 am »

Meditate on the nature of the challenge of the final guardian. Are we going to have to kill this thing to complete the Vision, or is there another way to overcome this obstacle?
Meanwhile, also look for exits from this room and note carefully the destinations those exits lead to. Finally, if I see any of hte littel lizards, try to chat with one. If i don't see any little lizards, try to chat with the big one.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: March 18, 2019, 04:31:55 pm »

Auft makes a lot of angry yet adorable noises about "shit taste" and "your waifu's a whore" at being casually discarded.

Well, what's down here at the bottom of the pit? Does the weird optical illusion work the other way round?

I'm assuming I glided down without incident.

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: March 19, 2019, 12:52:27 pm »

Observe the guardian as it does it's thing with either Ashul or Auft. See if I can notice anything particular about it, like a weakness or power source or what have you. Do this from stealth though, I'm perfectly fine with it not acknowledging my presence.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: March 20, 2019, 10:24:30 am »

"Huh. There goes Auft. I wonder if we will have someone die by means not directly related to diving soon."

Does the guardian seem hostile? Or is he just sorting the rooms?

Drett.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: March 20, 2019, 10:55:27 am »

(Assumng the rest of the team decides to comply with the necromancer) Help move boxes, but keep my weapons handy just in case

Help Harm move the boxes. Be careful to not drop or open any of them by accident.

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1754 on: March 21, 2019, 05:16:42 pm »

"Thank you for your generous offer, lord Izbin-ikaer. We shall deliver your servants back into your care now. Please deposit the coinage into the box provided, if you will."

Trade-a-doodle-do.

Should things go smoothly and the lift comes back up without hassle, check how much money we got exactly and put it with the remainder of the pilgrim mission money.

Also, how much gold did we just save, and how much fathoms would it be worth? Is it marked in some form or another? And where could one easily sell it without raising much suspicion or questions?

Should things NOT go smoothly, aka hostilities break out, then pew pew ethral beams.

Better to have some defenses than nothing at all.

Set up my rifle's bipod at a defensive position and aim its scope at the TNT box. Keep an eye out for anything suspicious.

Anything bad happens, then start shooting and use the radio to yell at Vikkan to run and/or stomp that bastard with the bore's leg (provide directions if necessary), whatever seems more appropriate.

Do not shoot the box if that would not offer anything. Instead shoot at the bastard and his corpsemates to redeaden them.

Help Harm move the boxes. Be careful to not drop or open any of them by accident.

The trade off of the boxes is rather terrifying. The walls of the tunnel are completely coated in undead who cling to the stone like geckos or locust, all staring silently and motionlessly as the boxes are unloaded. They swarm over the boxes as they are brought out, working as a single mass of unlife to carry the cargo away. However, things go smoothly and once the last box is unloaded and carried away, the necromancer nods.

"Ah, it is edifying to see proper etiquette in the lower beings. Rejoice, transient beings, your obedience has won you wealth and survival."

With that he leaps up and into the swarm, vanishing from view. The swarm of corpses flows back down, away from the bore, and as they depart a sack is thrown onto the freight elevator.  Adam waits for all the zombies to leave before he grabs the sack and makes sure everything is sealed up tight before counting. In the bag is a bunch of fathoms of different sizes, some still spattered with blood. He counts through them and ends up with 438 total.  [18] He attempts to make an estimation of the value of the gold...but comes to the conclusion that its actually probably just gold plated or even completely fake. Makes sense, the goal was the corpses after all.

"Hmm.  I see no use in dealing with this creature further.  Simply destroying it could reveal the path forward, but it seems relatively safe at the moment; no need to rush into danger, in my opinion.

Start helping Alex move books.  Nyw should be able to lift a lot more than him, so I figure they'll be able to finish within one turn.

40% is good, 100% is better.
Together you both manage to get all the books out to the exit.

"Huh. There goes Auft. I wonder if we will have someone die by means not directly related to diving soon."

Does the guardian seem hostile? Or is he just sorting the rooms?

Drett.
[15]
Hard to say. It did just dump Auft, which would be fatal for anything that doesn't have wings.  You get the feeling that Ashul's interpretation of the situation is wrong though, and that his current roboty form is somehow related to it.

Observe the guardian as it does it's thing with either Ashul or Auft. See if I can notice anything particular about it, like a weakness or power source or what have you. Do this from stealth though, I'm perfectly fine with it not acknowledging my presence.

[7]
well, its a big lizard so....maybe you should try to get the big bird in here!

Auft makes a lot of angry yet adorable noises about "shit taste" and "your waifu's a whore" at being casually discarded.

Well, what's down here at the bottom of the pit? Does the weird optical illusion work the other way round?

I'm assuming I glided down without incident.

You're still gliding down in fact. You're very high up still. It will take a while to reach the bottom.

Meditate on the nature of the challenge of the final guardian. Are we going to have to kill this thing to complete the Vision, or is there another way to overcome this obstacle?
Meanwhile, also look for exits from this room and note carefully the destinations those exits lead to. Finally, if I see any of hte littel lizards, try to chat with one. If i don't see any little lizards, try to chat with the big one.

[4]
You close your eyes and think about the best way to beat this guardian.  A little voice in your head says

"You already had it beaten you dingus, you went back and started a fight. You're just lucky the lizard confused you for an object and not an invader."

There's only one exit, to a lived in kitchen. And no little lizards. You shout up at the lizard but it seems more interested in searching for where the little whatever that ones ran off  to.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 231