Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 404858 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: CAWtastrophe
« Reply #1725 on: March 06, 2019, 08:59:36 pm »

"Good Doctor, would you be so kind as to hold onto the team fund and remain at as much of a distance as possible?"

Pass the 168 fathoms of the team fund to Drett and nudge him toward the back of the migrating room.
Then, sit at the front of the room and lay out all the rest of my inventory in front of me, between myself and the oncoming guardian.

"The little lizard seemed interested in books, and less interested in wealth. I hope to be interesting to this fellow as well. Let us hope that we are interesting as something other than a light meal.

Hmm. a pity I did not bring my guitar. had it survived the previous conflicts, a song might have been quite fitting at this point."

AsHul pauses a moment, hands resting on his Black Book.

"In Darkness and in Light, may God guide us ever deeper."

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #1726 on: March 07, 2019, 12:53:12 am »

”I say we let him have the body-boxes, and deliver the box of gold like we promised. If our employer asks, we either tell the truth or play dumb. In any case, I’d rather be on some gangsters bad side than piss off some necromancer king.
Try to use Voice in the Eyes on the necromancer king, unless I can’t for some reason.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: March 07, 2019, 06:43:18 am »

Stand with Ashul, ready to defend him if necessary.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: March 07, 2019, 04:50:30 pm »

Stand behhind Nyw. Lower my weapon and look nonthreatening while observing how Ashul's plan goes.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: March 07, 2019, 08:43:50 pm »

"Good luck!" Auft chirps happily at AsHul.

Hide nearby but out of the way of... whatever is about to go down here.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #1730 on: March 10, 2019, 07:02:58 pm »

"Well, it does look like he could attack us right now anyway if we refuse. I'm not sure a non-military bore is supposed to withstand concerted assault by unusual powers." Vikkan dejectedly pointed out.

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1731 on: March 12, 2019, 11:45:57 am »

Kara opened the intercom system's external speakers to address the necromancer outside.
: Well then. We should prepare the boxes then. I'll let my friends here to handle the details of this negotiation. :
She closed the intercom and made a motion to move away but reconsidered.
: But be warned necromancer that this bore is ours. If any of your 'citizens' try to get in my bore, they'll be subject to my law. And I can't guarantee their safe return if they do. :

Warn necromancer to play nice.

Try to find a place where we could hide our sticks of Dynamite either on the boxes, in whatever we use to move them or the freight elevator. Also find a vantage point from which I could shoot them and cause them to explode. Preferably one that also lets me defend the bore. Set up my ethral rifle and bipod there.

Just because he says he's gonna let us go doesn't mean we should trust him.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

"Of course, of course." The necromancer says with a grin of yellowed teeth in black gums, "I'd never dream of trespassing upon your little sovereign tin can."

[9] Hiding the dynamite on the boxes is basically impossible without it being pretty damn obvious and sticking it to the freight elevator seems a bit self destructive. You consider it for a long moment and think that the only real way to handle this secretly and in a way that will do more harm to them than yourself is to put it IN the boxes. But that would require opening them. Which is completely possible, opening them and resealing them quickly but...well if those corpses aren't as sleepy as they seem....

"Why of course not, honorable ancestor, we wouldn't dream of taking what does not belong to us."

Zoom in with wizard eyes to try and determine what kind of money the bonelord is offering us. Maybe also scan him while I'm at it.

"You know guys, there is also still that box full of actual gold we could get out of this, if all he wants is his subjects back. I'd say we give him what is his and avoid dying for the sake of some gangster's smuggling operation." Adam whispered as subtly as he could manage while upholding his friendly demeanor to the necromancer.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
[19]
You let your eyes focus on the corpse but almost instantly the pain in your head is back and you stagger. You didn't get much of a look but you think he's holding a 250 or maybe a 500 fathom coin.

"Why of course not, honorable ancestor, we wouldn't dream of taking what does not belong to us."

Zoom in with wizard eyes to try and determine what kind of money the bonelord is offering us. Maybe also scan him while I'm at it.

"You know guys, there is also still that box full of actual gold we could get out of this, if all he wants is his subjects back. I'd say we give him what is his and avoid dying for the sake of some gangster's smuggling operation." Adam whispered as subtly as he could manage while upholding his friendly demeanor to the necromancer.

Kalagony tries to whisper back.

"Maybe... But wouldn't that turn those gangsters against us? And they have no reason to let us go once we return the boxes. The undead might take the boxes and attack us once they are under their control..."

Continue alert and ready to fight.

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
"Come on, make a move you boney Tony. I'll snap you like a twig. I'll give you ballistic osteoporosis. I'll give you a noogie so hard that it will really sting."

You think these things to yourself, remaining outwardly silent.

”I say we let him have the body-boxes, and deliver the box of gold like we promised. If our employer asks, we either tell the truth or play dumb. In any case, I’d rather be on some gangsters bad side than piss off some necromancer king.
Try to use Voice in the Eyes on the necromancer king, unless I can’t for some reason.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
[7]
The response is fast, far faster than before, almost a blur of sound. You catch bits and pieces about his birth in Empyrean, work with the church, explorations into the depths, discovery of necromancy, ascendancy to undeath, then long stretches of rule, raising of corpses, building of armies, warring among the other necromancers for territory and bodies, hundreds of years worth of time.

Keep ferrying the books to the exit. Try to guesstimate how many books there are in the library.
You can carry about 10 per trip and you think there are about 150 or so in the library.  Its gonna take a few trips. Also these rooms keep moving so its kind of annoying to figure out the way back each time.

"Good Doctor, would you be so kind as to hold onto the team fund and remain at as much of a distance as possible?"

Pass the 168 fathoms of the team fund to Drett and nudge him toward the back of the migrating room.
Then, sit at the front of the room and lay out all the rest of my inventory in front of me, between myself and the oncoming guardian.

"The little lizard seemed interested in books, and less interested in wealth. I hope to be interesting to this fellow as well. Let us hope that we are interesting as something other than a light meal.

Hmm. a pity I did not bring my guitar. had it survived the previous conflicts, a song might have been quite fitting at this point."

AsHul pauses a moment, hands resting on his Black Book.

"In Darkness and in Light, may God guide us ever deeper."

Stand with Ashul, ready to defend him if necessary.

Stand behhind Nyw. Lower my weapon and look nonthreatening while observing how Ashul's plan goes.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
"Good luck!" Auft chirps happily at AsHul.

Hide nearby but out of the way of... whatever is about to go down here.

You walk to the edge and lay out your entire inventory in front of the opening that should face the shaft once the room reaches it and then sit down. You wait quietly until the room reaches its destination. The lizard creature's face slides into view, a giant slit pupil eye looking into the room before  the body undulates back away from the room and a giant three fingered gecko like hand reaches in. It grabs Ashul and pulls him out of the room, dragging him across empty space and up towards its own face. A forked tongue lashes across him for a moment and then the hand brings him up to level with the eye once more.  And the creature stares. It stares intently at Ashul for a long moment  and then, with amazing dexterity for something so big, carefully places Ashul in a different room. A mechanics garage by the look of it. The creature actually places him on a tool bench.

Then the guardian moves back towards the room with everyone else in it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1732 on: March 12, 2019, 11:59:51 am »

If hiding it won't work, then perhaps disguising it would.

Try to find a box, bag or other thing that can be used as a receptacle where he will put the fathoms. Use a piece of cloth or similar to create a false bottom (use shirt if nothing else is found) and place the TNT there. Then place the box near the edge of the freight elevator farthest from the mechanism operating it.

Consider if the damage it will cause would still allow the freight elevator to retract and how easy it would be to repair the hole with some scrap, even if we have to weld it on.

EDIT: Also consider if Adam's "tiny eater of all" could be shot out of a gun or if Wiellste could craft a launcher out of some scrap.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 11:00:59 am by Parisbre56 »

Hotfire90

« Reply #1733 on: March 12, 2019, 05:48:04 pm »

No book will be left behind.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: DIG...
« Reply #1734 on: March 12, 2019, 06:05:47 pm »

"I'm not usually one to resort to violence, but I think we'll do the whole world a favor if we enlighten mister egotist's decaying skull with gunpowder. Anyone agree?"

Spoiler: Wiellste? (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #1735 on: March 12, 2019, 07:47:01 pm »

Vikkan watched the scheming of his teammates with slowly growing discontent, his mustache at its lowest point in life. He felt like they really should try to avoid trouble this time. "Can we not prepare for the worst but at the same time try not to aggravate the threatening unliving?" he suggested.

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: March 12, 2019, 09:22:39 pm »

"Is it playing with dolls?" Auft wonders aloud. "Perhaps we're each supposed to be sorted... or maybe it just liked the dead one. Hrm."

Stand in front of the doorway waiting for the lizard. Flirt with it for science. Tell my thug to help out if this goes poorly, and let it play dolls with him too if it goes well.

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: CAWtastrophe
« Reply #1737 on: March 13, 2019, 08:12:39 am »

"SOMEBODY PLEASE GRAB MY STUFF!" AsHul shouts across the void.

Is this a lived in or facade room? Before it migrates away, look into the void that the lizard is in for signs of the Vision Core. Are the Moons still up above or is this a different hole?

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: March 13, 2019, 10:55:30 am »

Based on what I saw, is this guy a bad dude? Also, just how powerful does he seem? In any case, tell my teammates what I saw in the vision.
“This guy is really old and really powerful. I’m not sure I like our chances against the corpses on their own, but I especially don’t like our chances against him. And if we don’t manage to kill him but still survive, he’s got a lot more power to draw from.”
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: March 13, 2019, 04:42:41 pm »

Can boneboy currently see the boxes? And is the one box with gold in it buried under the others or could we easily remove it without arousing much suspicion? (Assuming he can't just straight up see through solid materials of course).

If it seems very likely we could just remove the box with gold surreptitiously, do so.

If not, then ask the necromancer the following instead:

"Thank you for your generous offer, lord Izbin-ikaer. If I may, there is one more possible point of contention however: when we were loading the boxes we noticed that one of them was rather heavier than the others. We didn't think much of it at the time, but now it seems possible to me that this box, unlike the others, is not filled with your brazenly stolen servants. Would you mind if we inspected this box while we deliver the others into your care?"

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 231