Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 404898 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: CAWtastrophe
« Reply #1635 on: February 08, 2019, 07:33:21 pm »

Huh, try to focus on the voices and see if I can understand them. Hold something in front of me and see if that helps.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: February 08, 2019, 11:59:44 pm »

"Good Schluck, do you notice this? Some rooms look like people live here, while others look like showcases or like some sort of theater scenery. I am of the opinion that the facades are false fronts, and that the lived in are the true route.

Has it occurred to you that this world might be inhabited by true beings? Creatures with the spark of the Divine? Do you think that, in removing the core of this artifact, we might be eroding someone's very world? Or, perhaps less tragically, simply severing it's connection with our own?"

@Everyone on the vision team:
"Let's get moving. It seems that our path forward is through the rooms that appear lived in. Make notes. I don't want to have to backtrack. Also, be ready for an attack. Bring light."

Lead the team into one of the lived in rooms and carefully peek into it's adjoining rooms. Move toward whichever appears more lived in. Try not to get too far ahead.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: February 09, 2019, 06:25:54 pm »

"Good Schluck, do you notice this? Some rooms look like people live here, while others look like showcases or like some sort of theater scenery. I am of the opinion that the facades are false fronts, and that the lived in are the true route.
"That would make sense. Then again knowing this place, that might just be what they want you to think, and it's actually the other way around. This place is whack though, so it's as good a plan as any."

Has it occurred to you that this world might be inhabited by true beings? Creatures with the spark of the Divine? Do you think that, in removing the core of this artifact, we might be eroding someone's very world? Or, perhaps less tragically, simply severing it's connection with our own?"[/shadow]

Clate shrugs.
"I guess. They've been doing a very serious job trying to kill from basically the moment we set foot in here, so I'm not about to feel bad for whatever lives in this place. Besides, the church had taken interest in this place already, so its days were numbered anyway. We are just one of the many ways it could have potentially met its demise."

Go along with Ashuls plan. Keep my eyes open for dangers and/or interesting/valuable loot.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: February 09, 2019, 09:09:11 pm »

"That would make sense. Then again knowing this place, that might just be what they want you to think, and it's actually the other way around. This place is whack though, so it's as good a plan as any."
"So far, all the threats have seemed pretty straightforward, except that Funeral Room. It's true that this ... zone "
AsHul waves a six fingered mechanical limb about, as if encompassing everything around them,
"makes no spacial sense, but so far, when we've paid attention to the environment, the clues it's presented have not been tricks. I hope that remains true here as well."

"I guess. They've been doing a very serious job trying to kill from basically the moment we set foot in here, so I'm not about to feel bad for whatever lives in this place. Besides, the church had taken interest in this place already, so its days were numbered anyway. We are just one of the many ways it could have potentially met its demise."

"I won't lose sleep over the Guardians of this place. But I'd rather not be an unwitting agent of destruction of the weak, innocent, or mis-shap- I mean misunderstood."

Hotfire90

« Reply #1639 on: February 10, 2019, 12:01:55 pm »

Keep following.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: February 11, 2019, 05:28:15 pm »

Follow just behind Ashul.  If there's danger, drop the books, yank Ashul back behind cover, and then look to see what it is.  Attack if it's close, retreat behind cover if it's far.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1641 on: February 12, 2019, 09:50:31 pm »

"Pleasure doing business with you." Kara says, making a short bow.
"...say, do you often take such jobs of... procuring hard to find objects? If so, I might have interest in making use of your services. If the price is reasonable, of course."

See if they're up for hire and if they'd be willing to do jobs for us. Morally ambiguous jobs we would prefer not to do ourselves. Try to get their contact info. One can always find a use for friends in low places (golden rule 16).

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
[5]
You ask them about hiring them for your own dirty deeds, that might need to be done dirt cheap. Or perhaps Filthy acts done at a reasonable rate? They seem a bit taken aback by the request at first but after some gentle prodding and promises of sweet sweet Fathoms they give you contact information. Its a little metal card of sorts, something like a dogtag, with the address of a bar on it. The Gilded Crow.

Oof, Adam is having a bad rollset day right now.

Let's instead try to make an estimate of how much rope we'd need to securely tie up those crates (idea being that if the corpses get restless, they won't be able to burst from the crates easily) and how much it would cost.

Also consider what the church's stand is on necromancy, and how they usually deal with what they view as transgressions.

Oh, and look into getting the bore refueled.

Hey man, you put your speech roll first, and that 1 takes precedence. Next time, look THEN talk~
The idea was to keep them distracted while doing the scanning. Unless you're implying I should have first scanned while standing there slackjawed and then start doing the distractionary talking?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

[18] You attempt to eyeball the amount of rope required to keep all the crates restrained but no matter how hard yo consider it the best you can come up with is "A heck of a lot."

[20] Uh....Maybe they...hit you?

Your brain decidedly overtaxed, you instead see about getting the bore refilled.

(Cost is 1 fathom per fuel if I remember right. I'll assume you guys kept track of the fuel expended and how much you need to get back to full)

Huh, try to focus on the voices and see if I can understand them. Hold something in front of me and see if that helps.
[19] You attempt to focus in on your hand, holding it right in front of your face. Your eye seems to have trouble focusing on it, but as it does flicker back and forth in visibility, you think you hear the whisper of the name of your mother.

Has it occurred to you that this world might be inhabited by true beings? Creatures with the spark of the Divine? Do you think that, in removing the core of this artifact, we might be eroding someone's very world? Or, perhaps less tragically, simply severing it's connection with our own?"

@Everyone on the vision team:
"Let's get moving. It seems that our path forward is through the rooms that appear lived in. Make notes. I don't want to have to backtrack. Also, be ready for an attack. Bring light."

Lead the team into one of the lived in rooms and carefully peek into it's adjoining rooms. Move toward whichever appears more lived in. Try not to get too far ahead.

Has it occurred to you that this world might be inhabited by true beings? Creatures with the spark of the Divine? Do you think that, in removing the core of this artifact, we might be eroding someone's very world? Or, perhaps less tragically, simply severing it's connection with our own?"[/shadow]

Clate shrugs.

Go along with Ashuls plan. Keep my eyes open for dangers and/or interesting/valuable loot.

Keep following.
Follow just behind Ashul.  If there's danger, drop the books, yank Ashul back behind cover, and then look to see what it is.  Attack if it's close, retreat behind cover if it's far.

Ashul carefully leads the group though the lived in rooms, moving from library to office to bedroom to stairway and so on, each time falling gracelessly as they traverse the gravity changes. The path is a torturous one, zigzagging through the rooms, going layers deep before reemerging near the edge of the pit. The group can tell, from the glimpses they get, that they are advancing upwards towards the top of the pit, far beyond the loop which Ashul originally encountered. 

It is as they fall into an upside down hotel lobby that Ashul notices something. Again there are multiple exits to this room; this time a showroom hallway and a lived in pool. Standing in the showroom hallway is a creature of some sort. It looks like a lizard of some kind, maybe a salamander,  5 feet tall, with a triangular or hammer shaped head.  It appears to be made of ink and is perfectly black with glowing greenish eyes.  It is standing on its rear feet, tripod'd on its tail, with a shark mouth of teeth open and breathing heavily.  Its just standing there, staring.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: DIG...
« Reply #1642 on: February 12, 2019, 10:19:44 pm »

Let's do what we need to load this cargo onto the bore. I suppose that we brought the bore to the warehouse, and will push boxes into the freight elevator? I'm afraid that I'm not very helpful with pushing heavy things around, so enlist some help from everyone else.
Be careful around this cargo. I'll examine them once we're on board but until then they're something of an unknown quantity.

Spoiler: Wiellste? (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1643 on: February 13, 2019, 01:05:49 pm »

"Excellent! I look forward to our next meeting. Farewell." Kara said with a small bow, before she turned around and walked away.
She knew things weren't 100% OK, but she couldn't help feeling proud about what she had done.
I should get a cape. That way it can swing majestically behind me when I turn around. Hmm... But that might get in the way of my tail. A cape that splits in the back perhaps? Or maybe- Gah, Kara, what are you thinking, this is not the time for that!

If things have been loaded up, then it's time to move a bit further away from the warehouse and decide what we're going to do.

Do I know what the law of Goldshore say about selling corpses? (Or at least, what did it say last time I was here, since the gangsters might have bought a new law for all I know.)
What does the law say about attacking people who sell corpses and are probably gangsters for that matter?

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 02:42:04 pm by Parisbre56 »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: February 13, 2019, 02:13:37 pm »

Hmmm, think about my mother and see if that triggers anything.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 02:17:13 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: February 13, 2019, 03:13:33 pm »

Carefully set the books down, and ready the guardian hatchet.  Say nothing, just be prepared to defend the others if the guardian attacks.

...Also, if it doesn't attack, but Ashul starts diving, knock him out with a punch before he can actually do anything.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: February 13, 2019, 03:54:44 pm »

Aah, an 18 and a 20, glorious. What's next, the rocks start falling?  :P

You know what, screw it, let's do this the old fashioned manual way: with Math.

Please give me the exact dimensions of each box and how many of each type there are. Then also please give me the cost of decent rope in this town.

(Cost is 1 fathom per fuel if I remember right. I'll assume you guys kept track of the fuel expended and how much you need to get back to full)
Very quick check seems to indicate we used about 90-ish fuel. Ok if we refuel for that amount?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 04:10:11 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Hotfire90

« Reply #1647 on: February 13, 2019, 04:34:57 pm »

"Is that the last guardian?"

Be ready to shoot the lizard if it attacks.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: February 13, 2019, 04:48:58 pm »

"Another weird creature. Fascinating, but troublesome at the same time."

Observe the creature. Do I know of a species like this, either something with the shape/feautures it has right now or perhaps something that has the inky black and green glowing eyes as its defining features?

Regardless, be ready to jump out of the way/behind Nyw should it decide to attack us.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: February 13, 2019, 09:06:11 pm »

"Is that the last guardian?"
"I d not know. It bears some of the hallmarks of being a guardian. And yet, it differs from most of the guardians we have seen so far in a couple key ways. If it is indeed a guardian, perhaps it need not be physically battled, as was the case with the funeral room. After all, it does not stand in our intended path. Perhaps simply moving on would be a solution.

If we DO need to battle it, I suggest light or fire. Or possibly water or something of the sort, to disperse it. It looks to be the kind of thing that might flow around a solid object rather than take damage from a weapon."

Slowly approach the lived in room, observing the inky creature as I do. Does it react to motion in that direction?
Recall the idols and the other guardians. Does this thing look like the last idol, or have telltales of being like the other guardians?
Finally, if time and brainpower allows, consider the creature's odd breathing. What does this signify? Fear, tiredness, overheating, some form of breath attack, sexual arousal?

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 231