Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 404997 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: CAWtastrophe
« Reply #1530 on: January 17, 2019, 01:16:53 pm »

Try to make a larger (about gladius sized) stabbing kind of weapon with the obsidian. Focus on getting that sucker as sharp as possible. I can’t remember if there are guard bodies on the bore, but if there are, make a handle out of bone.
Then test out making an arrow head, a spearhead, and a shuriken.

Then go cuddle that lizard’s brains out.

Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: January 17, 2019, 02:47:26 pm »

Have a cuatious looksie into the room the creature was shooting us from. CHeck my corners and such, be careful. If things look safe enough, cautiously go inside to see if I can't loot the creauture's weapon or other tidbits that look useful/potential crafting material.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1532 on: January 18, 2019, 01:19:15 pm »

Telzach *2 -> Udyne *4 restore Alex's head (onto his body). Adjust number of reinforcements as AsHul deems necessary, up to a total of 10 reinforcements.

Current  rolls: 4 path, 6 reinforce, final Endurance(Telzach) roll, final Nerve roll.

Lets do this first, just in case something hilarious Terrible happens.
[12 + 1 + 4 + 14 + 15 + 16 + 20 + 3 + 5 + 6] -1 nerve [12+18] Just barely squeaking by at the end there, but good enough.

Alex's body jerks back up and his head sort of...unbursts, all the gore and bits coming back together and reforming. After a moment he blinks and looks around in confusion.

"Try not to die next time, dummy." you say, eye twitching a bit, "And get some new shoes. Those clash with your outfit."

"Indeed, comrade shluck.  The guardian is slain."

Take the rifle and staff off Alex's corpse before Ashul can do his thing, then stand guard between them and the rest of the party.  Be ready to decapitate one or the other if they detonate into something horrible, or to retreat if decapitation wouldn't help.

If Ashul succeeds, and Alex returns to life, return his weapons to him.

"Thank the light this trial is over. I never thought I would be so excited to leave a tunnel before."

Tend to either/both Alex and Ashul. In that order.

Drett

Nyw stands by as Drett examines Alex, making sure the formerly living, formerly dead, presently living man doesn't have any odd side effects from his time in the nether realms of semi-life.  Drett concludes that Alex has lost a fair amount of blood (its rather easy to conclude this while kneeling in it) and has no memory of events after his head exploded (Naturally) but otherwise seems fine.  Nyw hands Alex's stuff back to him after the confirmation of a lack of brain worms.

Have a cuatious looksie into the room the creature was shooting us from. CHeck my corners and such, be careful. If things look safe enough, cautiously go inside to see if I can't loot the creauture's weapon or other tidbits that look useful/potential crafting material.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
The room the creature was in is quite small...sort of. Its a landing on a staircase, a big spiral staircase that follows the inner wall of a big shaft. The shaft is made up of stacked rooms and buildings that have been sort of tetrised together. They're not made to be in this configuration and some are clearly on their sides or upside down: inverted awnings, sideways bookshelves that somehow haven't lost their books, Escher-esque internal stairways, and all of it compressed together like cyclopean masonry. The hodgepodge shaft goes up maybe 300 feet before ending in open sky.

You pick up the creature's giant bow and, through a bit of experimentation, find that it seems to summon up bone arrows when drawn. However, only one can be summoned at a time and it can't be "removed", if you slacken the draw or otherwise try to get hold of it, it vanishes.

Try to make a larger (about gladius sized) stabbing kind of weapon with the obsidian. Focus on getting that sucker as sharp as possible. I can’t remember if there are guard bodies on the bore, but if there are, make a handle out of bone.
Then test out making an arrow head, a spearhead, and a shuriken.

Then go cuddle that lizard’s brains out.

The gladius come out rather...well the shape is good but you've shaved the edges and tip in such a way that the natural sharpness of the edge is hugely diminished. Its basically uselessly blunt so you toss it out. The Arrowhead comes out much better (Pierce 4, Fragile) but as you carve the spear head you slip and accidentally slice your hand open straight to the bone along the edge of the spear. 

Seekers sound so awesome! Maybe I'll be a Seeker one day. I don't know if I can devote my life to this, but it would be a title I'd be proud to have earned. But maybe I need to become better at combat and survival first. And investigation. You need to be able to seek to be a Seeker.

Nobody seems to be in any hurry to leave, so I'll keep asking questions to the Seekers like an excited little girl. If we need to move on though, then I say drilling to Goldshore is best. It's the same fuel cost but less chances of falling to an ambush. Better deal with something weird than have to outrun their cannons. Unless they use seismic sensors to track drilling bores and ambush them in their tunnel.

1. Inform them of our abduction from that one faction of Iron Teeth and our subsequent rescue from the Church. Do they really think the ones that abducted us were acting on their own or could it be that their leader simply said that to the Church to avoid a confrontation?
2. What do the Iron Teeth do, anyway? Slavery mostly? Or all sorts of mischief? Are they local to the human cities of the western underworld or does their reach extend all over? I know they're a human gang, but maybe they have people of other species working for them.
3. Do they know what's the Iron Teeth leadership and command structure like? One big boss with lieutenants or some shadowy group or a bunch of gangs that occasionally work together?
4. Would moving against the Iron Teeth and bringing some of them to justice help me earn the title of a Seeker?
5. What's their opinion on personal quests for justice/revenge? Like, say, hunting the criminals that might indirectly be responsible for the loss of your arm.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

I mean, I don't mind you staying, though the lack of response by anyone else but you two on the bore is...disconcerting.

1. They say it sounds like it could be either a rogue group in the Iron teeth trying to gain power to overthrow the current leaders or it could have been a cats paw for some other group. Impossible to tell without further investigation.

2. They describe them as run of the mill gangsters who have their fingers in a little bit of everything but only minor influence outside of a few towns. They started as a mercenary group and have expanded, though they still make a pretty large amount of their money via violence for hire.

3.Big boss and then a military style command structure on down.

4. On its own, no, because there's more to seeker-dom than being good at taking down gangsters. But it would be a pretty good action in your favor.

5. They have no problem with it, if such things don't consume you to the point of violating the moral good.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: January 18, 2019, 02:53:19 pm »

"everything is terrible all the time. But at least you're alive again, Alex. Seriously though. Those shoes ...

Guardian is dead? Well done, everyone. If that previous room counted as a Guardian, we have one remaining to face.

So, I think we've all been thinking this, but let's put it out there for everyone: we're claiming the Core of this vision as compensation for our troubles. Objections?"

Edit: Get under control. Crying can come later. If I manage to become at least semi-coherent again, rejoin the rest of the group and inspect the spiral staircase room, up and down.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:57:35 pm by Ozarck »

Hotfire90

« Reply #1534 on: January 18, 2019, 03:30:49 pm »

"What's wrong with my shoes? So I die and you decide this is the time to check out my shoes?

Whatever, I'm all up for it, the Church won't like it, but screw them, we'll get our payment and the core."

Follow the rest of the group, also shift my position so I'm located near the back.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: January 18, 2019, 03:33:25 pm »

"Remind me", Clate asks as he's molesting the bow, "Did we take this job directly from official church members? I'm all for sticking it to the man, but the church probably rather frowns on breaking a contract, and you know how they are with people who go against them."

Hotfire90

« Reply #1536 on: January 18, 2019, 03:47:58 pm »

"I think we took it directly from them, but I suspect that they've sent a previous group to test the relic, which means they knew about the dangers we were going to face. Perhaps if we confront them about it, we could get away with claiming the core for ourselves." Alex says, taking out the moon blade and examining it.
"We should examine the first guardian again when we get the chance, try to find out how it died."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1537 on: January 18, 2019, 03:52:03 pm »

So Oz brought up that he actually failed a bit so I've rerolled some things.

Ashul, collapses back into the fetal position, whimpering incomprehensibly about not only the actual injustices of the world but many made up ones. He begins talking about how there are secret viewing stations hidden in the walls and how Nyw is actually 3 small undead cleverly hidden in a big suit of armor. He also says something about a lost race of cricket stacks but he's clearly beyond delusional at that point.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: January 18, 2019, 03:52:34 pm »

”Hey, that’s a good sign. Sharp as a-oh fuck.”
See if I can’t patch this up real quick. If it’s beyond me, see if anyone hanging around the bore has any medical skill. Did I get a working spearhead, or is did I ruin it?
Is there any way I could get this bore moving? Either by my in-game action, or by pointing out that we should be moving on even if the guy who does that is inactive at the moment?

I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: January 18, 2019, 03:59:33 pm »

AsHul attempts to answer Clate's concerns, but, on account of failing a nerve roll for the third time this mission, his explanation is pure babble.

He does mention Alex' shoes though. But what he says is probably anatomically impossible.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1540 on: January 18, 2019, 04:19:29 pm »

"Oh dear!"
I have to do something! I hope Drett won't be mad with me when he gets back...
Try to fix Harm's arm. Or at least stop the bleeding. Use the bore's medical room for a bonus. And remember, I have medical 1.

I should let the guys rest. Besides, I've been watching Vikkan do this for so long, I'm sure I can deal with it. And he's been driving for a while, I bet he's tired. He needs some time to relax.
Also, if the crisis is resolved, start drilling east till we get to Goldshore. I can always pester the Seekers on our way back.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 04:21:28 pm by Parisbre56 »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: January 19, 2019, 09:53:09 pm »

Nyw sighs when Ashul collapses, but still kneels next to the abomination and carefully picks it up, taking care to not allow it any chance to hurt him.

"We will not be stealing the item we agreed to retrieve.  Beyond the simple facts that we are all deeply indebted to the church, and have already made an agreement, upon waking we will find ourselves within a vertitable fortress which we do not know.  Making enemies of that fortres' garrison would be an action of unparalleled foolishness.  However, I do think it would be in order to demand greater remuneration."

Pick up and restrain Ashul, then carry him along with the group.  Knock him out with a punch if he starts to dive.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: DIG...
« Reply #1542 on: January 19, 2019, 10:18:59 pm »

"Human anatomy is weird. Well, vertebrate anatomy in general."

Assist Kara in general.

Spoiler: Wiellste? (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: January 20, 2019, 03:56:23 pm »

Yeah, let's-a-go, drilling is good and fun and makes me feel like more of a man.

Go over our papers and contact info again on the way there.

If any time left, test my flammenvision on crystalfriend. What can it teach us?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 04:02:47 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #1544 on: January 20, 2019, 09:23:02 pm »

Vikkan tossed and turned and finally woke up after a nice, long sleep. It'd probably have been nicer hadn't he had some nightmare he forgot about his hand being torn from him. "I hope I haven't missed much. Kara?"

Back from vacation. Is it be drill time yet? Assist Kara with manual labor if necessary, no medical powers to be found in Vikkan.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 231