Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 404999 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #1515 on: January 06, 2019, 09:47:07 pm »

Vikkan sighed upon reaching Chime and went to a corner of the control room. "I will rest for a while. Quite the bit of excitement we've been having."

Player is still vacationing. Do the bore thing if necessary, otherwise groom mustache and rest.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: DIG: CAWtastrophe
« Reply #1516 on: January 08, 2019, 10:00:00 am »

Shack up with Harm and try to help them cut up the Obsidian. Maybe polish some and hug them silly. The Obsidians will like that.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hop out at the city and check the price on the gold I have. If it’s better that 120, sell it. Then get back in the Bore and snuggle the lizard like it’s never been snuggled before.

Is any sort of transmutation via alchemy possible? I’m not just curious about turning one thing into another thing, but also changing the qualities/properties of something. If it is possible, what kind of skill would that involve?

Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
You find someone who will buy for 130. A small increase, but an increase none the less.

You sell and then return to the bore and engage in a vigorous cuddling match with your lizard friend.

It would probably involve diving~

Kara felt intimidated by the idea of being so close to what used to be her home, having to walk amongst her kind again and endure their stares. Before she could walk around feeling safe in her anonymity and the idea that if she did anything embarrassing she could attribute it to her young age or differences in culture or even just get on the bore and disappear. She knew it was paranoid of her, but she couldn't help feeling like everyone would be looking at her, judging her for her poor clothes and... other problems. Or even worse, that someone she knew from her childhood would be here and would recognize her and ridicule her and gossip about her to everyone. She took a few deep breaths and tried to cheer herself up enough to be able to face the outside.

You're being ridiculous Kara. There are hundreds of people out there, many of them much worse off than you. What are the chances someone will focus on you? Even if they see you and think bad things about you, you'll be out of their sight in a few seconds anyway. They won't be able to do anything to hurt you. Even if they do think bad things or even say them, then that just shows their stupidity and shortsightedness. I am nothing to be ashamed of. I have wealth of a different kind, one that I do not need to display. Their attempts to put me down are simply an effort to boost their fragile pride. I am on the path to greatness and soon enough they will see that too. I just have to keep working hard.
Still, she would feel better if she had some nicer clothes. Or at least someone to walk with her so that she wouldn't feel like it was her against the whole world.

"Hey guys! Going out for a short walk. Anybody wants to come with me?"

Visit the Seekers' Coalition.
1. Do they look like the stereotypical charming rogues and scarred but proud warriors one would find in stories? Do they have super cool clothes and vehicles and weapons? Kara would love that.

Ask them the following:
2. What would it take to join the Seekers? Can our organization gain affiliation with them or would individuals players have to join?
3. How do we get jobs? Simply contact them on the radio when we want a job and respond to calls for help when we get them?

((I have more questions but I'll limit myself to 3 for now.))

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
The Seekers originate in chime so this outpost of them is the oldest and largest. Its in the middle class district and made up of several buildings now strung together with a series of covered walkways and bridges, more a complex than anything. Scarred though they are they don't seem like rogues. Noble mercenaries perhaps? They have the look and general attitude of people used to living through and by violence, but with a level of honor or nobility to them that you don't see in others like them. They're tough but polite.

The seekers generally only accept those who have a reputation of acting like they do, ie mercs with morals who honor their word. Failing that they sometimes accept individuals who have been vouched for by existing or previous members. Partnering the entire crew of a bore is not something they're inclined to do if only because they don't know the character of all those aboard.

Seekers generally get jobs from the local office or from announcements on the radio.

Start asking around about the way to Goldshore: what is the way usually used? What alternatives are there? And how do these stack up in terms of hazards and difficulty for the bore pilot?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Many use the way we had planned out, going through the caves, but you also hear that anyone carrying valuable cargo tends to drill their own way through because while its a bit more dangerous in some aspects, it also makes ambushes quite hard to pull off.

"Well, I will attempt ... something, I suppose. Follow close, stay low to the side.
Gunners, please be ready to return fire as soon as possible."

Consume worm's blood.
Balaram (x3) -> Jal (x4) 3path, 7 reinforcements, 10 total + 2 final rolls.
Shield myself from arrows like the one already fired at us.

Get in front of the grop, advance, dropping whenever the twang happens.

[19,18,7,3,14,7,14,14,9,10] -2 nerve [8,19] Welp.

Ashul's body shimmers with a webwork of golden light. Its quite pretty but the sight is somewhat undercut by Ashul  doubling up into the fetal position and beginning to wail about how unfair the world is and how arrows are mean, and how his feet hurt, and how this job isn't paying enough, and how he secretly misses Aigre's cuddles.

Follow along with Auft and Ashul, making sure to hug the wall so as to avoid arrows to my face and whatnot.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
[15]
"This hallway is far too long to travel down while dodging arrows.  We require a more expedient solution."

For once, Nyw will stay in the back.  First, he'll use the hatchet to chop the massive arrow/bolt/whatever-was-fired-at-him in half, and then he'll stay in the back, watching down the corridor.  He'll hold the hatchet's blade angled in front of his heart, in hopes it will deflect the projectile away if he fails to dodge, and keep his other arm sort of in front of his head for the same purpose.  Obviously, do try to avoid the bolt upon it being fired.

You harvest the shaft of the bone arrow that was just fired at you and then advance with the others, shielding your face and chest as best you can.

"If you say so..."

Follow along, squish down as far as possible when twangs occur. If I get a clear shot at the thing, take it.

[8]
"Maybe we can squeeze a bonus out of them once we get back, but for now we should close the distance while the ballista is being reloaded."

Advance down the hallways, stick to the walls and go prone once I hear the ballista being fired.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
[20]
Make myself as small of a target as possible. I'm useless right now until someone gets hurt or someone gets within firing range.

Drett
[7]

The group advances quickly down the hall, trying to both press themseleves down into the corners of the hall and to sprint towards their target at the same time. Except for Ashul, who remains back near the start of the tunnel, crying about how giant arrows are unfair. They make it a pretty good distance, with Auft making it the furthest; getting just close enough to see the vague shape of the shooter down at the end of the hall.  She shouts out that she has eyes on the guy...thing...and everyone pokes their heads up to look, almost purely by reaction.  The shooter takes this moment to fire and one of the heads vanishes, though the stump of a neck remains. Alex's body goes limp in the middle of the passage, blood pooling around it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: January 08, 2019, 11:16:20 am »

"Fascinating!" Auft exclaims with manic terror. "Can anyone fix that?"

Squish-dash further down the hall. Consider how normal narrow artillery killing fields are in spirit quests.

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: January 08, 2019, 01:22:45 pm »

Regain Self-Control. Consume another Worm Blood.

How many Udynes wold it take to reassemble a person;s head and put it back on their body? What spheres would I need to visit to make him alive enough to finish the mission. Telzach for the biology and yengenze for the spark of life? I'd need 3 Telzach for the head, how many Yengenze for the soul?

« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 03:58:57 pm by Ozarck »

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: January 09, 2019, 07:22:43 am »

Keep Assisting Harm. Cuddle them silly. Make them extra comfy if they try to dive.

Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: January 09, 2019, 04:39:31 pm »

"I can duct tape it back on, but I'm not sure if it'll do much good." Clate says, voice shaking a bit. "But we have bigger problems right now. Once more unto the breach! For the first time, actually!"

Follow Auft in charging towards our attacker, staying behind Auft though. Make it my number 1 priority to not get aimed and/or shot at. Priority number 2 is getting a good look at our attacker and shooting it in its dumb face.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: January 09, 2019, 07:59:37 pm »

Make myself as small of a target as possible. Fire one of my last two shots if I get in range.

Drett

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1522 on: January 09, 2019, 08:13:01 pm »

Wow! So cool!

1. Can anyone offer them jobs or ask for their assistance? I mean, could I hire one of them?
2. Do we get any special perks for membership? For example, a room to sleep in? Special weapons or armour? Little badges of authority? The ability for our calls for help to the seekers to have higher priority?
3. Does the Coalition have a strict set of laws it enforces or does it work like bounty hunters that are hired by local government to enforce local law? Either way, it could lead to some conflict of interest.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: January 10, 2019, 05:17:27 pm »

Nyw wasn't harvesting the arrow, he was destroying it in case there's a limited supply and some kind of teleportation magic enabling reloading.  Which... seems pretty far fetched now that I think about it, but eh.

Continue charging down the hall, but as Alex's corpse is passed, stop for a moment to take his rifle.  Then resume charging down the hall, while shooting his rifle one-handed at the guardian.  If melee range is reached, drop the rifle and hatchet it.

Try not to get decapitated.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1524 on: January 15, 2019, 12:57:59 pm »

"Fascinating!" Auft exclaims with manic terror. "Can anyone fix that?"

Squish-dash further down the hall. Consider how normal narrow artillery killing fields are in spirit quests.

You squish your way down the tunnel while considering the events going on around you. You come to the distinct conclusion that you are being radically underpaid and that it is probably well within your rights to simply take the artifact at the end of this goddamn hellhole for yourself.

Regain Self-Control. Consume another Worm Blood.

How many Udynes wold it take to reassemble a person;s head and put it back on their body? What spheres would I need to visit to make him alive enough to finish the mission. Telzach for the biology and yengenze for the spark of life? I'd need 3 Telzach for the head, how many Yengenze for the soul?

[1]
You manage to get conscious control of your body back but find yourself continuing to, quite reasonably, bemoan this entire situation. Its almost like some sort of criticism tourettes, and as you crouch down, taking cover near the headless body of your former teammate, you keep whispering about how his shoes don't match his pants.

You consider the situation and think that 3 or 4 undynes are good...more the longer you wait. And biology will be ok on its own. Revert the physical body to predamage state and it should be functionally alive again, particularly if done quickly. His heart is still messily beating blood up onto you after all.

"I can duct tape it back on, but I'm not sure if it'll do much good." Clate says, voice shaking a bit. "But we have bigger problems right now. Once more unto the breach! For the first time, actually!"

Follow Auft in charging towards our attacker, staying behind Auft though. Make it my number 1 priority to not get aimed and/or shot at. Priority number 2 is getting a good look at our attacker and shooting it in its dumb face.

Make myself as small of a target as possible. Fire one of my last two shots if I get in range.

Drett
Auft, Clate, and Drett all make it far enough down the hall to get a somewhat good look at the thing shooting at them. Its an odd thing; a humanoid with one leg, and a giant eyeball for a head, with two massively muscular arms coming from an otherwise emaciated body. It has a huge bow with which it is firing arrows it seems to pluck out of thin air.
[16, 4, 18]
All three of them fire; Drett and Auft only manage glancing blows but Clate puts a round straight through the shooter's eyeball head and it pops like a water balloon. The creature crumbles to ash a moment later.

Nyw wasn't harvesting the arrow, he was destroying it in case there's a limited supply and some kind of teleportation magic enabling reloading.  Which... seems pretty far fetched now that I think about it, but eh.

Continue charging down the hall, but as Alex's corpse is passed, stop for a moment to take his rifle.  Then resume charging down the hall, while shooting his rifle one-handed at the guardian.  If melee range is reached, drop the rifle and hatchet it.

Try not to get decapitated.

You charge down the hall until you reach the three furthest forward and see the guardian go down. You shrug and then walk back and return the rifle to Alex's corpse.

Wow! So cool!

1. Can anyone offer them jobs or ask for their assistance? I mean, could I hire one of them?
2. Do we get any special perks for membership? For example, a room to sleep in? Special weapons or armour? Little badges of authority? The ability for our calls for help to the seekers to have higher priority?
3. Does the Coalition have a strict set of laws it enforces or does it work like bounty hunters that are hired by local government to enforce local law? Either way, it could lead to some conflict of interest.

1. Yep. Though they'll turn down work they consider morally unacceptable so don't try and get them to kill your ex or something.
2. They offer lodging, basic gear, symbols of the group, and backup if you're in trouble. They take care of their own, but they expect you to reciprocate.
3. Seekers have no strict code, but they generally follow the laws of the land they're in. However, they have been known to go against these laws if they see them as unfair or immoral. They've got enough clout and force behind them that most groups generally won't try to force a conflict over anything minor.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: January 15, 2019, 02:23:25 pm »

Clate speaks out, rubbing the front of his helmet with some cloth.

"Guys, my helmet fogged up, so I kinda just shot at random. Did we hit anything?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: January 15, 2019, 04:49:04 pm »

Telzach *2 -> Udyne *4 restore Alex's head (onto his body). Adjust number of reinforcements as AsHul deems necessary, up to a total of 10 reinforcements.

Current  rolls: 4 path, 6 reinforce, final Endurance(Telzach) roll, final Nerve roll.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 04:55:59 pm by Ozarck »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: January 15, 2019, 11:07:32 pm »

"Indeed, comrade shluck.  The guardian is slain."

Take the rifle and staff off Alex's corpse before Ashul can do his thing, then stand guard between them and the rest of the party.  Be ready to decapitate one or the other if they detonate into something horrible, or to retreat if decapitation wouldn't help.

If Ashul succeeds, and Alex returns to life, return his weapons to him.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1528 on: January 16, 2019, 07:37:42 pm »

Seekers sound so awesome! Maybe I'll be a Seeker one day. I don't know if I can devote my life to this, but it would be a title I'd be proud to have earned. But maybe I need to become better at combat and survival first. And investigation. You need to be able to seek to be a Seeker.

Nobody seems to be in any hurry to leave, so I'll keep asking questions to the Seekers like an excited little girl. If we need to move on though, then I say drilling to Goldshore is best. It's the same fuel cost but less chances of falling to an ambush. Better deal with something weird than have to outrun their cannons. Unless they use seismic sensors to track drilling bores and ambush them in their tunnel.

1. Inform them of our abduction from that one faction of Iron Teeth and our subsequent rescue from the Church. Do they really think the ones that abducted us were acting on their own or could it be that their leader simply said that to the Church to avoid a confrontation?
2. What do the Iron Teeth do, anyway? Slavery mostly? Or all sorts of mischief? Are they local to the human cities of the western underworld or does their reach extend all over? I know they're a human gang, but maybe they have people of other species working for them.
3. Do they know what's the Iron Teeth leadership and command structure like? One big boss with lieutenants or some shadowy group or a bunch of gangs that occasionally work together?
4. Would moving against the Iron Teeth and bringing some of them to justice help me earn the title of a Seeker?
5. What's their opinion on personal quests for justice/revenge? Like, say, hunting the criminals that might indirectly be responsible for the loss of your arm.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 07:39:16 pm by Parisbre56 »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: January 17, 2019, 12:11:19 pm »

"Thank the light this trial is over. I never thought I would be so excited to leave a tunnel before."

Tend to either/both Alex and Ashul. In that order.

Drett
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 231