Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 405017 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: CAWtastrophe
« Reply #1500 on: January 04, 2019, 04:05:25 pm »

Auft makes concerned trilling noises.

"Is this supposed to be a test? It just looks very unpleasant."

She glances between AsHul's thoroughly metallic frame and the material of the wall.

"Do you think it'd hurt you much to get hit? We don't even know if it is a creature, it could just be a ballista firing on its own."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: January 04, 2019, 07:54:27 pm »

"The blade on that arrow is in a shape similar to the weapons of the other guardians. And yes, it would hurt me to get hit, as evidenced by how badly that bird mangled my body. I'd like to avoid that. I am running out of drugs with which to Dive to bring myself back together."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: January 04, 2019, 09:09:40 pm »

((sorry for my infrequent posting lately. I've just been coming home from work pretty tired.))

Clate is pressed against the wall, awkwardly holding his rifle in one hand.

"I have to say, this vision quest isn't quite going as I had imagined it. I was expecting more, like, weird abstract creatures and slightly bendy laws of reality. Less evisceration and big ass arrows flying at my face. Know what I mean?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: January 04, 2019, 10:25:50 pm »

With a bitter, hollow, tin laugh, AsHul; glances toward Clate, keeping his eyes mostly focused forward toward the threat ahead.
"Noble companion, you speak the truth of the matter. We shall have words with the tenders of this church and shrine when we return. There's only so many times one can be torn apart, eviscerated, rebuilt, crushed, and broken without losing one's temper."

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: January 04, 2019, 11:52:40 pm »

Shack up with Harm and try to help them cut up the Obsidian. Maybe polish some and hug them silly. The Obsidians will like that.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: January 04, 2019, 11:57:25 pm »

Make myself as small of a target as possible. I'm useless right now until someone gets hurt or someone gets within firing range.

Drett

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: January 05, 2019, 12:11:11 am »

Hop out at the city and check the price on the gold I have. If it’s better that 120, sell it. Then get back in the Bore and snuggle the lizard like it’s never been snuggled before.

Is any sort of transmutation via alchemy possible? I’m not just curious about turning one thing into another thing, but also changing the qualities/properties of something. If it is possible, what kind of skill would that involve?

Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 04:15:15 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Hotfire90

« Reply #1507 on: January 05, 2019, 02:22:53 pm »

"Maybe we can squeeze a bonus out of them once we get back, but for now we should close the distance while the ballista is being reloaded."

Advance down the hallways, stick to the walls and go prone once I hear the ballista being fired.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: January 05, 2019, 03:04:49 pm »

"Well, I will attempt ... something, I suppose. Follow close, stay low to the side.
Gunners, please be ready to return fire as soon as possible."

Consume worm's blood.
Balaram (x3) -> Jal (x4) 3path, 7 reinforcements, 10 total + 2 final rolls.
Shield myself from arrows like the one already fired at us.

Get in front of the grop, advance, dropping whenever the twang happens.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: January 05, 2019, 03:36:41 pm »

"If you say so..."

Follow along, squish down as far as possible when twangs occur. If I get a clear shot at the thing, take it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: January 05, 2019, 06:41:30 pm »

"This hallway is far too long to travel down while dodging arrows.  We require a more expedient solution."

For once, Nyw will stay in the back.  First, he'll use the hatchet to chop the massive arrow/bolt/whatever-was-fired-at-him in half, and then he'll stay in the back, watching down the corridor.  He'll hold the hatchet's blade angled in front of his heart, in hopes it will deflect the projectile away if he fails to dodge, and keep his other arm sort of in front of his head for the same purpose.  Obviously, do try to avoid the bolt upon it being fired.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: January 05, 2019, 08:04:31 pm »

"Instead of going to the enemy, I could attempt to bring the enemy to us. If successful, it would be quite expedient. And if this enemy relies entirely on a large, heavy bow or ballista, bringing it into melee range would be to our advantage. Decide quickly. The fewer shots directed at me, the less unhappy I will be."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1512 on: January 06, 2019, 11:09:28 am »

Kara felt intimidated by the idea of being so close to what used to be her home, having to walk amongst her kind again and endure their stares. Before she could walk around feeling safe in her anonymity and the idea that if she did anything embarrassing she could attribute it to her young age or differences in culture or even just get on the bore and disappear. She knew it was paranoid of her, but she couldn't help feeling like everyone would be looking at her, judging her for her poor clothes and... other problems. Or even worse, that someone she knew from her childhood would be here and would recognize her and ridicule her and gossip about her to everyone. She took a few deep breaths and tried to cheer herself up enough to be able to face the outside.

You're being ridiculous Kara. There are hundreds of people out there, many of them much worse off than you. What are the chances someone will focus on you? Even if they see you and think bad things about you, you'll be out of their sight in a few seconds anyway. They won't be able to do anything to hurt you. Even if they do think bad things or even say them, then that just shows their stupidity and shortsightedness. I am nothing to be ashamed of. I have wealth of a different kind, one that I do not need to display. Their attempts to put me down are simply an effort to boost their fragile pride. I am on the path to greatness and soon enough they will see that too. I just have to keep working hard.
Still, she would feel better if she had some nicer clothes. Or at least someone to walk with her so that she wouldn't feel like it was her against the whole world.

"Hey guys! Going out for a short walk. Anybody wants to come with me?"

Visit the Seekers' Coalition.
1. Do they look like the stereotypical charming rogues and scarred but proud warriors one would find in stories? Do they have super cool clothes and vehicles and weapons? Kara would love that.

Ask them the following:
2. What would it take to join the Seekers? Can our organization gain affiliation with them or would individuals players have to join?
3. How do we get jobs? Simply contact them on the radio when we want a job and respond to calls for help when we get them?

((I have more questions but I'll limit myself to 3 for now.))

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: January 06, 2019, 04:30:35 pm »

Follow along with Auft and Ashul, making sure to hug the wall so as to avoid arrows to my face and whatnot.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: January 06, 2019, 06:09:29 pm »

Start asking around about the way to Goldshore: what is the way usually used? What alternatives are there? And how do these stack up in terms of hazards and difficulty for the bore pilot?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 231