Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 405051 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: CAWtastrophe
« Reply #1470 on: December 23, 2018, 06:45:12 pm »

Auft makes more concerned noises.

"Usually desecrating things for no reason is bad. It might wake up a guardian rather than destroy it.

If we can just leave, maybe we should?"

Head out the exit. Ironteeth goes first.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: December 23, 2018, 07:23:37 pm »

Well then.  If the guardian is disarmed, Nyw will continue with his original plan of pulling down some cloth, then going back outside real quick to gather up the dust of his murakumo in said cloth.  This is Important.

Then he'll return inside and go through the edit.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #1472 on: December 23, 2018, 09:01:28 pm »

"I reckon that's their stuff."

Wait until it's safe, then head back to check and collect our birb.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1473 on: December 26, 2018, 09:45:15 am »

Did the lava not make contact with the city? Listen on the radio to get the condition of the city. Lastly, ponder the logistics of obtaining some of that obsidian.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
No, it was stopped by the barrier. As per reactions in the city, they seem to be mostly calming down or relieved now that they view the problem as contained.  Getting some of that obsidian should be easy as soon as the barrier is down. They'd probably be all for you clearing it away, really.

"I reckon that's their stuff."

Wait until it's safe, then head back to check and collect our birb.
It takes about 12 hours for them to lower the barrier on the archive, but when they do, you head over and attempt to get Kara to leave. She responds to you with a bulleted list of 12 questions and numerous shifty glances.

"I doubt destroying this room will matter, if it does not contain a guardian. And from the looks of it, this room was associated with the giant bird and the temple. We know the bird was not one of the guardians, and we know that we only need defeat the guardians to access the Core and end the Vision. However, if no one feels this to be a potentially terrible mistake, I have no objections to destroying the room once we leave."

Regarding last Dive:
The bubble was to have a radius at least equal to the length of the largest guardian weapon we've encountered so far (I believe that would be the halfmoon blade. Also, the reinforcement of the Jal sphere would determine the maximum size, right? So, the exact specs of that Dive would have been "a volume that 5x Jal would cover reasonably, or the length of the half moon blade, whichever is smaller. Centered on my vital bits." If that is too ambiguous, then "'the length of the half moon blade in radius."

Whatever size happened is fine. Did the shield evaporate already, or was that simply the visible effect of the Dive taking effect?

Questions regarding nuking the moon bird funeral room.
Does AsHul feel that there is anything else that should be done here? Doeshe get any feeling that blowing this room up would be a Bad IdeaTM?
Does Clate, who already sensed Something FishyTM feel that blowing the place up would be Wrong?
Anyone else in the party get A Bad Feeling About ThisTM?

Action here.
If anyone's intuition or reasoning triggers alarms, veto the TNT plan. Otherwise, let them have their explosive fun, and leave through the exit.

The shield is still there. Generally those sort of things "Fade" until they're activated and stay in place until broken or dismissed.

[4] You get a distinct feeling that perhaps any soft of destruction or stealing would be a bad idea. This entire thing feels like a test...or a trap. Or both.

You stop the TNT plan due to your misgivings.

Well then.  If the guardian is disarmed, Nyw will continue with his original plan of pulling down some cloth, then going back outside real quick to gather up the dust of his murakumo in said cloth.  This is Important.

Then he'll return inside and go through the edit.

Ashul waves an arm at you while looking down at the two prayer wheels. He motions for you to stop what you're doing and seems to be thinking, though his metal face is hard to read.

Auft makes more concerned noises.

"Usually desecrating things for no reason is bad. It might wake up a guardian rather than destroy it.

If we can just leave, maybe we should?"

Head out the exit. Ironteeth goes first.

"Sure, but there's no need to use more TNT here, one pack is more than enough."

Exit the room and continue onwards.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
You both walk through the opposite door and into a hallway. Immediately you feel a sense of relief as though a great weight was removed from your shoulders. You look back and find that the doorway you just walked through is now missing, replaced with a solid wall bearing the engraved design of two skeletons intertwined and dancing.

To those in the room still, they lose sight of the people who stepped through the doorway but the doorway appears to still be there and open.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #1474 on: December 26, 2018, 10:31:44 am »

"Kara, are you still busy over here?"

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: December 26, 2018, 03:28:27 pm »

Definitely time to leave. Before AsHul! Damn the Christmas holidays making me late to post. Get my mothy butt out like I was out last turn.

Drett Medizin

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Showdown.
« Reply #1476 on: December 26, 2018, 04:28:02 pm »

"Alright, let's leave this location unmolested after all. Save those explosives for a more worthy enemy than a room dedicated to honoring the dead. Not really sure WHY this is important, considering that damned building bird was eating those corpses outside, but this IS a dream world, after all. Logic is fluid in places like this, I guess."

Replace the prayer wheel maces and usher the rest of the team out. Make sure we take all our explosives with us, including the TNT someone put on that one corpse.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1477 on: December 26, 2018, 06:52:51 pm »

"Kara, are you still busy over here?"
Kara looked up from the scrolls arranged in front of her, tensing with surprise for a moment before her brain figured out what was going on. She must have been so focused on the texts she didn't realize the ghostly lights dancing around the room had disappeared.
"Vikkan!" she exclaimed happily
She jumped to her feet and away from the table, throwing herself on him and wrapping an arm around him.
"Oh, I'm so glad you're not hurt. I was so worried." Kara said in whispered words filled with affection and relief as she rubbed the side of her feathery head against his chest, her tail gently moving up and down behind her.
After a moment she lifted her head to look at him in the eyes and began apologizing.
"I'm so sorry! You're not mad at me, are you? I tried to get them to aid you, I did! I tried to explain that we were trying to save them! But then the barrier was raised and I was trapped and not able to help. The radio wasn't working, I didn't know anything. They kept telling me they would drop the barrier when they got the all clear but then so much time passed and I didn't know why we still hadn't heard from you but there was nothing I be could do and I was so tired but I couldn't sleep so I kept reading because I didn't want to keep thinking and worrying and if all went well I didn't want you to think I was useless, that I did nothing while you did all the hard work. I tried to find things that were helpful. And I did!"
She used her head to gesture around to all the knowledge and artifacts held in Knot's Archive, not willing to let go of Vikkan just yet.
"You've ever been in an Archive before? I haven't. Oh, there's so many wonderful things here! About the Messengers and the words of God and the wonderful world the humans came from!"
She glanced around to make sure nobody was eavesdropping and began whispering again.
"I even searched for information about your arm but... what I found wasn't encouraging. They say it's even more dangerous to replace it then limbs lost to sacrifices. But you shouldn't lose hope! Maybe yours is somehow different. They said they have diving experts that could take a look at it. They already said they'd be willing to take a look at Adam, so I'm sure they wouldn't mind examining you as well. Do you want me to go ask them? I didn't know if you'd be fine with me talking to them about you so I didn't say anything. Would you be fine with explaining what happened to you and letting them take a look at you?"
She raised her voice and continued speaking with her usual mix of cheer and anxiety.
"And if they don't to do so for free, well, I'm certain we could ask them to do it in exchange for all the help we offered and any extra jobs we do for them. I've already discussed some job offers, like opening up a new tunnel. I was thinking, we're going to make our way back to Twin Falls so we might as well take some extra time to drill a wider path than we normally do and lay down some communication cables, because the old path will be full of monsters and weird things since it now intersects a messenger path. That's a good idea, right? You think our bore could do that? Or would it take too long? Anyway, I just need to finalize the details with the proper authorities and-"
Kara paused with her beak open as she realized she'd forgotten something important. She gave Vikkan's body a good look to make sure he hadn't gotten hurt in any way that wasn't immediately apparent as she resumed her sleep-deprived ramblings.
"Oh! Everything is ok, right? Did you manage to stop the lava in time? Is the bore OK? Are you ok? You look fine and you aren't sad so I assume you're ok, right?"
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 06:58:48 pm by Parisbre56 »

Hotfire90

« Reply #1478 on: December 26, 2018, 07:29:35 pm »

"This must be a trick, else we're cut off from the others."

Poke the engraved wall.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: December 26, 2018, 08:10:26 pm »

Auft trills happily. "The secret was not causing trouble all along!"

Explore the happy safe hallway. Thug still goes first.

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: December 27, 2018, 03:12:45 pm »

Could we dig out a new tunnel to replace the one that got flooded on our way back from goldshore, or do they want that tunnel dug out ASAP? And how much would they be willing to pay us for digging out a new passage? Would they prefer this tunnel to intersect the new path the Messenger made, or would they rather it stay clear of that?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 03:18:08 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1481 on: December 28, 2018, 05:59:22 am »

@Radio Controlled: "Hey, Adam, the librarians said they would be willing to examine you and let you know more about the changes happening in your body. Would you be fine with that? Perhaps they'll be able to help you."

To follow up Radio's questions, will they supply us with a spool of communication cable to lay while reopening the path or will that be taken care of later?

Would they be willing to have their diving experts take a look at Vikkan's missing hand in case there's something they can do to help? Or at least direct us to someone who could help?

Would they be willing to offer us some of their underworld-renowned bore weapons for free or at a discount in exchange for the help we offered? How about upgrades to the bore's system for better shooting? (Price given to get from level 6 to level 10 was 150-200 per level, which means 600-800 total.)

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 07:15:32 am by Parisbre56 »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: December 28, 2018, 08:02:12 am »

"Does anyone have a bag, or some other container I can carry?  I wish to collect the remains of the little artisan's weapon; it was a masterwork, which does not deserve such an ignoble end.  If I cannot use a tapestry, I need an alternative."

Request some kind of container to hold powder in.  If something is provided, go back outside and collect the murakumo's powder.  Otherwise, go outside, and check if any of the corpses have clothes or containers in good enough shape to work as a container.  If so, use that; if not, chop off the top half of a corpse's head, empty out the skull like a bowl, and use that to carry the stuff.

If this actually works out, go back inside and cross through after the others.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: December 29, 2018, 06:00:33 am »

"do we need infantry or anything anywhere? how can Aigre be useful?"

If there's nothing else, keep cuddling the bore and try to soothe its machine spirit.

Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: DIG...
« Reply #1484 on: December 29, 2018, 08:11:43 am »

Danger has passed, can I go home now? I've been gone for some time now.

Spoiler: Wiellste? (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 231