Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 405151 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: DIG: Imperfect Perfection.
« Reply #1350 on: November 20, 2018, 12:05:53 pm »

"Adam? What happened? Is that what was supposed to happen? All we sew was a flash of light and then you went unconscious. Did you have a vision? What did you see? Do you know how the world was created? Do you know the future? Are you okay? Are you in pain? Were you blinded by that flash of light? Or were you already unconscious by then? Do you need anything? Do you still feel like yourself? You look a bit... different. Do you feel different? Are you still Adam? Or do you have a new name? Do you have any new abilities? Can you fly? Or maybe you have been cursed? Does the light hurt? Do you want us to close them?"
Kara kept excitedly cawing her stream of questions while furiously bobbing her tail. Normally she'd be more apprehensive but seeing Adam getting licked like that and not exploding the offender filled her with confidence that he was not possessed by some bloodthirsty monster. Which meant he was now a valuable source of information. Very valuable, judging from the radio chatter.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 02:35:53 am by Parisbre56 »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: November 20, 2018, 01:40:54 pm »

"Hmm.  I do not favor our chances of all surviving against such a creature, not under the open sky where it is free to manuever however it pleases.  It is doubtful that all of us could make it to cover without being spotted, as well.  I am not small, nor fast, nor quiet, if nothing else, and would surely give away our movement.  Pray tell, do any of you possess food?  It seems to be consuming something, perhaps a second feast could distract it while we move to the temple. Alternatively, if it does not respond to food, I could willingly enter its vision, and likely engage it, while all of you make your way to the temple... though such a plan is certainly not without risk; if it lives by the same rules as the previous guardians, it is most likely fully capable of carrying and cleaving me, which will surely spell my doom if I do not vanquish it with a single blow.  Hmm.  Quite the conundrum."

"...Perhaps, perhaps one of you who possesses a firearm could make your way to the temple, alone?  Once you are safe in cover, you could fire the weapon to attract its attention, and while it searches for the source in the temple, the rest of us could move closer.  Hrm.  Still not safe.  Best to try the food, if possible.  Or perhaps simply engage it together, as one.  Any thoughts?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: November 20, 2018, 08:02:56 pm »

"Those beams of light from it's eyes look significant. I wonder if it won't acknowledge anyone as a threat unless the light sweeps over them. Perhaps blinding it would be of use. Is it even a guardian? It seems to fit the pattern, but is that a mask?

Perhaps this buzzard draws power from the building below, as the previous guardian seemed to do with that tree. I wonder if some action like stopping the prayer wheels would give us an advantage."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #1353 on: November 20, 2018, 09:54:19 pm »

"So what happened?"

Get close enough so that Adam can be retrieved, make sure he isn't exploding into black flames, then get on our way.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Hotfire90

« Reply #1354 on: November 21, 2018, 02:55:49 pm »

"If we're going to confront it, then I think our best bet to defeat the creature would be with the magic of my moon blade, only problem is that I haven't figured out how to use it yet.
We also have plenty of TNT, we could lure the thing into a trap and blow it up with some TNT."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Showdown.
« Reply #1355 on: November 21, 2018, 04:01:49 pm »

Inspect the bird carefully. Is this thing the next guardian? Do I recollect it's idol? Is the path to the temple in it's line of sight? what is it eating up there? Are it's tiles thematically the same as the temple it stands on? do the eye lights act as a sort of spotlight? is it masked? does it move in rhythm with the sound of the prayer wheels? Are there other, lesser versions of it out and about somewhere that we might be able to spot?

"three guardians to go, correct? This one took us rather by surprise. It would be good to go into the next area fully prepared. I seem to have lost control of a Dive, but I think we are okay to continue, unless you all feel the risk has shown itself to be too great? Well, if we do continue, I offer to attempt to shield the group again, before we face the next guardian."

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: November 22, 2018, 11:29:08 am »

Help Kara evacuate Adam back into the bore. Reform the cuddle puddle if we are going for another bore ride.

"Where is this creature anyway?"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: November 22, 2018, 02:57:34 pm »

Try to see from the bore what happened to Adam. Once he's brougth inside, stay away from him until the bore crew confirms that it's safe to stay close.

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: November 22, 2018, 04:29:46 pm »

You wake up to a face full of lizard tongue and push it away as best you can. Once Aigre stops licking you, you examine yourself. The edges of your vision are flickering with black flame and your skin is extremely pale with what appear to be black veins instead of the normal blue ones. Otherwise though, you don't look or feel any different.

As Adam woke up after the intense experience with the Word, two thoughts entered his mind:
"I have a lot of thinking to do."
and
"OH GOD IT'S IN MY FACE DROOL EVERYWHERE OH GOD."

After overcoming his lizard tongue ordeal, he regained his composure and straightened his back. He still felt a little groggy, but at the same time, his mind felt much clearer now, any lingering doubt he had before burned away by the knowledge the Word had gifted him with.

Addressing the rest of the crew, Adam spoke up so the various people standing around could hear him.
"Well, that was quite something, wasn't it? Thank you all for your patience. I apologize for the delay, or any distress, this may have caused. Now then, shall we be on our way again? We still have a client waiting eagerly for our return, after all!"

"Adam? What happened? Is that what was supposed to happen? All we sew was a flash of light and then you went unconscious. Did you have a vision? What did you see? Do you know how the world was created? Do you know the future? Are you okay? Are you in pain? Were you blinded by that flash of light? Or were you already unconscious by then? Do you need anything? Do you still feel like yourself? You look a bit... different. Do you feel different? Are you still Adam? Or do you have a new name? Do you have any new abilities? Can you fly? Or maybe you have been cursed? Does the light hurt? Do you want us to close them?"
Kara kept excitedly cawing her stream of questions while furiously bobbing her tail. Normally she'd be more apprehensive but seeing Adam getting licked like that and not exploding the offender filled her with confidence that he was not possessed by some bloodthirsty monster. Which meant he was now a valuable source of information. Very valuable, judging from the radio chatter.

"Wooh, easy there young Corven, please. I'm still recovering from what happened, it was quite a... trip, shall we say.

Now, I am still myself and in possession of all my faculties. And not possessed by any demons or anything, don't worry. I will try to be more forthcoming with answers later, but for now, I'd like to... meditate for a bit."

Try to get to one of the unused rooms we have on the bore alone and meditate on what just happened.

Then, try to figure out what the flickering black flame at the edge of my vision is all about. Did Adam get some sort of new vision ability? Do certain objects look different now?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1359 on: November 22, 2018, 04:51:54 pm »

"Oh... Okay! Just one important question then. Do you feel like having visitors? Because some people are coming and sound eager to meet you. I think they're faithful of the Cthonic religion that want to admire you with their own eyes. If you're fine with that, I could tell them we could meet at the next town. If you feel like you need to be alone for now or if you fear they are not all faithful eager to see a living miracle, then I could send them in the opposite direction."

Help Aigre help Adam.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1360 on: November 23, 2018, 10:51:04 am »

"So what happened?"

Get close enough so that Adam can be retrieved, make sure he isn't exploding into black flames, then get on our way.
"Oh... Okay! Just one important question then. Do you feel like having visitors? Because some people are coming and sound eager to meet you. I think they're faithful of the Cthonic religion that want to admire you with their own eyes. If you're fine with that, I could tell them we could meet at the next town. If you feel like you need to be alone for now or if you fear they are not all faithful eager to see a living miracle, then I could send them in the opposite direction."

Help Aigre help Adam.

Help Kara evacuate Adam back into the bore. Reform the cuddle puddle if we are going for another bore ride.

"Where is this creature anyway?"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You all drag Adam back onto the bore and then settle in as the bore continues on its way. They make it to Knot without any further issues. This is the first Ethral city the bore has visited and its quite a thing. There's a "Through" path for all the traffic just heading through that is fairly normal to what most humans and other races are used to but beyond it the place resembles something strangely organic. There's not a straight line or regular geometric shape anywhere; everything is curves, curls, whorls, rounded edges, and elongated or distorted shapes. Structures hang from the ceiling like massive silk cocoons with curved, elegant windmills turning ponderously between them. The roads and pathways among the buildings look like thin strands of white silk strung in a haphazard and organic way between each structure.

You wake up to a face full of lizard tongue and push it away as best you can. Once Aigre stops licking you, you examine yourself. The edges of your vision are flickering with black flame and your skin is extremely pale with what appear to be black veins instead of the normal blue ones. Otherwise though, you don't look or feel any different.

As Adam woke up after the intense experience with the Word, two thoughts entered his mind:
"I have a lot of thinking to do."
and
"OH GOD IT'S IN MY FACE DROOL EVERYWHERE OH GOD."

After overcoming his lizard tongue ordeal, he regained his composure and straightened his back. He still felt a little groggy, but at the same time, his mind felt much clearer now, any lingering doubt he had before burned away by the knowledge the Word had gifted him with.

Addressing the rest of the crew, Adam spoke up so the various people standing around could hear him.
"Well, that was quite something, wasn't it? Thank you all for your patience. I apologize for the delay, or any distress, this may have caused. Now then, shall we be on our way again? We still have a client waiting eagerly for our return, after all!"

"Wooh, easy there young Corven, please. I'm still recovering from what happened, it was quite a... trip, shall we say.

Now, I am still myself and in possession of all my faculties. And not possessed by any demons or anything, don't worry. I will try to be more forthcoming with answers later, but for now, I'd like to... meditate for a bit."

Try to get to one of the unused rooms we have on the bore alone and meditate on what just happened.

Then, try to figure out what the flickering black flame at the edge of my vision is all about. Did Adam get some sort of new vision ability? Do certain objects look different now?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
[11]
You find an unused room and sit down in it. You look at your hand, focusing on it intently. The nimbus of black flame on your vision suddenly flows inward and tints your vision in an inverted color scheme. And you can see your hand in all its detail, every wrinkle, every cell, every artery and tendon and bone. You blink before your eyes can focus in enough to make out the molecular arrangement of things and the vision vanishes, replaced by your normal sight once more.

Inspect the bird carefully. Is this thing the next guardian? Do I recollect it's idol? Is the path to the temple in it's line of sight? what is it eating up there? Are it's tiles thematically the same as the temple it stands on? do the eye lights act as a sort of spotlight? is it masked? does it move in rhythm with the sound of the prayer wheels? Are there other, lesser versions of it out and about somewhere that we might be able to spot?

"three guardians to go, correct? This one took us rather by surprise. It would be good to go into the next area fully prepared. I seem to have lost control of a Dive, but I think we are okay to continue, unless you all feel the risk has shown itself to be too great? Well, if we do continue, I offer to attempt to shield the group again, before we face the next guardian."

1. You think back to the guardians. They all had a unified aesthetic that the bird doesn't really fit and none of them were non-humanoid. This bird isn't a guardian, though it might be connected to one of them.

2. It could very much see anything coming up the path. From where its perched it could see just about anything around here, it seems.

3. You squint and find your mechanical eyes zooming in. Hmmm looks like its eating human skeletons. One whole body at a time.

4. The tiles and the bird feathers are not identical, but they have a similar color and material.

5. Yes. They're literally throwing beams of light that show where its looking right now.

6. No, not unless the entire bird face is a mask.

7. Well the wheels are basically in constant motion so its hard to say...the wheels don't have a rhythm so much as just a constant metallic noise as the metal drum of the wheel turns against the metal rod its on. Sounds like they could use some oil or grease; they squeak like a rusty hinge.

8. You don't see any other birds.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Showdown.
« Reply #1361 on: November 24, 2018, 04:41:26 am »

"It appears this Bird is not the Guardian here. I am going to step ahead and see if that provokes a reaction. Please be on your guard. I would greatly appreciate it if you readied your weapons in case it attacks me suddenly, or in case the guardian itself reveals itself."

AsHul will carefluuly advance up teh path, slowly, keeping one eye on the Bird and another on the lookout for suspicious activity. He'll ttry to stay out of the bird's spotlight vision. If he is caught in the beam, he will stop and prepare for combat, ready to dodge a sudden attack.

[/quote]

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: November 25, 2018, 03:55:43 am »

"Understood.  I am right behind you."

Follow Ashul, wielding the guardian hatchet, staying close enough that Nyw can quickly get in striking range if necessary.  Be very cautious about staying out of the lights, but keeping close to Ashul is the highest priority.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: November 25, 2018, 09:46:32 am »

Just chill in the bore and meditate. No one seems to be very interested on staying, and I don't think there could be anything remotely threatening to fight in an Ethral town, so I'll wait until we move on to the next location.

Don't be cuddled by the lizard.

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 07:01:47 am by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1364 on: November 25, 2018, 10:47:48 am »

Explore the town a bit. Is there any sort of archive around? If I can, go there and ask about what knowledge they could offer on words of God. It would be nice to get the non-Cthonic perspective on things.

It would also be nice to know if they have any information on what could go wrong with them and if non-humans and/or non-Cthonics can eat them.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 12:50:57 pm by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 231