Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 405217 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Tick Tock.
« Reply #1320 on: November 13, 2018, 06:21:31 am »

"That's what I have been arguing about all of this time..."

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: November 13, 2018, 02:48:59 pm »

Climb back down, grab we tools they need, and get back to attach them and the rope.

Try to be safe so we can cuddle everyone back in the bore. Or try to at least survive with enough consciousness to cuddle whoever drags me back.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: November 13, 2018, 03:25:05 pm »

"What is your idea? Do you think interaction with the Word of GOD is a good idea?"

Move close enough for MauriceAdam to try his suicidal move.

"I think that this messenger of our lord is here for a reason, and that I would regret it for possibly the rest of my life if we just ignored it. I think the risk is acceptable enough for me to try it. However, I stress that nobody else should be exposed unduly, so please, make sure you back up very well before I try anything."

"I don't think poking that thing is a good idea, no matter if you are part of a church or not. And if it decides to go berserk, he won't be the only one in trouble here."

"If you, or anyone else for that matter, are truly worried that you will be affected despite our precautions, then you can  veto the idea. Just give the word, we'll drill around it and that'll be that. I'm not gonna drag anyone into this against their will."

((Action edited to reflect this clause, just in case.))
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 05:07:27 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: November 13, 2018, 06:27:19 pm »

"Yes, I am worried this is going to backfire horribly. If we're going to have a vote, I vote for drilling around it and leaving this place."

Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1324 on: November 14, 2018, 11:35:19 am »

If Radio objects, I'll edit this action.

Well, whoever I contact probably won't be quick enough to make it here before Adam dives into the thing, so I might as well be truthful. Say we encountered a floating symbol that our faithful Adam identified as a Word of God. That he is currently in the process of trying to absorb it. And that we think it might herald the coming of a messenger or other dangerous entity.

Be aware that we have an Amplifier for that HAM radio Ashul bought. Dunno if there are any comm cables we could jack into here to further increase our range. This sounds like a thing Empyrean would like to know about. And hopefully offer advice about.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
You let everyone know whats going on as honestly as possible. You even say Adam's name. No way this can go wrong.

You get various replies but the most important one is a station in Empyrean asking rather personal information about your bore and its occupants. For identification purposes they say.

*sigh* and here I was hoping we could get to the touchy-feely-horrory parts this turn.

Ok, this might be a bit much, but it's to get some tempo back into things. Stop me if anyone throws up a veto or if if one of these steps don't work/go wrong.

1) Ask Vikkan to pilot the bore back for a moment.
2) Have aigresaur climb back down, grab the tools he needs, and get back to attach the piton and the rope (hoping that the fact he already managed it once means he won't need to pass another roll). Make sure our cuddly lizardfriend gets back into the bore at the end.
3) Have Adam get into the harness (maybe one of our techies can doublecheck it and make sure it's attached properly?), get out of the bore, then wait until said bore it piloted to a safe distance. DO NOT CONTINUE until the bore has moved away a ton so that (hopefully) they won't get caught in any blast radius.
4) Ingest a worm's blood, then carefully touch the center of the symbol with the side of the black flame (aka don't 'cut' the symbol with the flame, just touch it) to identify myself as a friend/faithful.
5) If somehow not dead yet, touch the center of the symbol myself.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
Climb back down, grab we tools they need, and get back to attach them and the rope.

Try to be safe so we can cuddle everyone back in the bore. Or try to at least survive with enough consciousness to cuddle whoever drags me back.

"What is your idea? Do you think interaction with the Word of GOD is a good idea?"

Move close enough for MauriceAdam to try his suicidal move. Then move away again.
[10] Aigresaur gets the tools and plants the spike right this time.  Vikkan moves the bore back into place and Aigresaur threads the rope through the piton before returning to the bore.  Adam gets rigged up and then walks out to be directly under the piton. The rope, still attached to the bore on one side, is pulled as the bore retreats, pulling the rope through the piton and raising Adam up. He gives Vikkan a signal when he's at the center of the symbol, by his approximation. He drinks a worm blood and, after getting his eyes to refocus, places the flat of his black flame against the sigil. 

The black flame instantly glows bright, webs of interwoven light appearing on its surface. After a moment the light is pulled directly into the Word and the physical black flame crumbles to fine black powder. The Word releases a sound like sheering metal and its multiluminous glow shifts to solid black, the shape of the symbol outlined in an aura of white flame. The entire thing pulses slowly.

block the enemy attacks using mr halfmoon blade, which has been graciously lent to AsHul during his absence. How's the mechabody respond to AsHul's control? is iton par with his original, better, worse?

Fuck, perfect time for Ashul to cut back in.

It responds similarly to the original, as it it doesn't seem to be fighting you, Though it seems stronger and quicker.
[17,15]
The guardian attacks again, this time hurling his ax at you while also charging in. You mange to just barely deflect the ax but the creature plants a double footed kick into your chest and its legs shoot out like a coiled spring as it does. You go flying a good 20 feet and straight into the second floor wall of the buildings flanking the courtyard. You go straight through that outer wall, through the spartan little room designed for a religious ascetic, and slam into the back wall.

You don't feel hurt, but as you drop down from the crater in the wall, you notice you have a pair of foot imprints in your chest and parts of your outer carapace are falling away like metal dandruff.

Fuck, perfect time for Ashul to cut back in.

SHOOT THE GUARDIAN DURING REWIND. AGAIN. Maybe move towards the exit if he's distracted enough. Maybe.

Character sheet
"Eep"

Attempt to shoot the guardian in its dumb face while time is still rewinding. Stick close to Nyw.

[/spoiler]
Shoot the guardian some more.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
"Glad to see you're back. I love your new look!"

Shoot the locust again.

4, 12, 3, 7
5, 5, 3, 2

Drett, Clate, Alex, and Auft all open fire as soon as the time begins to rewind. Clate is the only one to miss, Alex and Auft both hit though their shots are not fatal, a glancing blow and a flesh wound at best. But Drett's shot is dead on, his round catches the guardian in the back of the head as it focuses on Ashul. There is a puff of ichor and the guardian stumbles drunkenly forward, attempting to stay on its feet. Then the Ax it threw a few moments ago comes boomeranging back around and slams into it. The weapon hits it handle first so it doesn't cut but the weight throws the creature to the ground and it spasms for a few seconds before going still. It immediately begins to crumble into ash and with a sound like a thunderclap the courtyard suddenly resembles an ancient and decrepit battlefield, all the multiple variations of damage it took over the fight returning in full force, layered upon one another. There is ash from a burnt tree that is also dead and toppled over. Buildings smashed by forces unseen and ichor splatters from wounds that were reverted away.  The sky no longer tempests back and forth with time, now replaced with a massive purple black starscape, untold galaxies and stars glowing in the deep night darkness, with a triple set of moons directly above.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1325 on: November 14, 2018, 11:54:17 am »

: This is Kara of the Nameless Nomad. Identify yourself Empyrean station. : Kara said, piping the audio to the intercom system so that the rest could hear.

Can I switch to the Empyrean station and Converse privately instead of broadcasting?

If yes, do so and give them my name and information. However do not provide any more information besides mine, citing privacy concerns of the crew.

If not, then merely give them my name.

Regardless, tell them that Deep Walker Leon's assistants have met me and seen my paperwork and could provide confirmation about who I am. Then ask them if there's something we should do or watch out for.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 12:42:50 pm by Parisbre56 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Showdown.
« Reply #1326 on: November 14, 2018, 07:05:05 pm »

Examine the flaking carapace. it it an ongoing effect, like an active corrosion, or is it straight impact damage? Try moving about a bit. Does my dented chestpiece interfere with the mechanisms inside at all?

If all that is functioning properly, meet the rest of the group near the exit and prepare to advance.
If the chestpiece is interfering with my innards, I'm going to seek out the mechanically inclined of the team and ask for whatever assistance they can provide, as well as asking Drett, since it's a dream world and doktoring might carry over to the mechanical in this kind of circumstance.
If I'm corroding, I'm gonna stay here and get ready to Dive to remove the corroding bits.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: November 15, 2018, 02:09:00 am »

Stay near Ashul, between him and the group, murakumo drawn and ready.  Drett can interact with him, but Nyw will stay prepared to attack Ashul if he attacks anyone.  Can't be too careful when the caster gets possessed by demons.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: November 15, 2018, 04:48:26 pm »

The black flame instantly glows bright, webs of interwoven light appearing on its surface. After a moment the light is pulled directly into the Word and the physical black flame crumbles to fine black powder. The Word releases a sound like sheering metal and its multiluminous glow shifts to solid black, the shape of the symbol outlined in an aura of white flame. The entire thing pulses slowly.

Let the bore back away more if it can (see also the message I shot you on the discord).
Is the worm blood still 'active' this turn? If not, be sure to drink a new one before proceeding.

"Darkness is holy, do not fear it. God is a perfect star of black."

Place the palm of my hand in the center of the Word.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: November 15, 2018, 08:14:26 pm »

Find the safest room in the bore and stay there until we leave this place.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: November 16, 2018, 01:36:53 am »

Check on Ashul. Note also my +1 Mechanical ontop of my +2 Biological.

Charsheet

Hotfire90

« Reply #1331 on: November 16, 2018, 10:48:03 am »

Also check up on AsHul, firmly retrieve my moon blade while I'm checking him up.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #1332 on: November 16, 2018, 11:05:37 am »

"Kara. Are you sure broadcasting our situation is a good idea? It seems almost as ill-advised as Adam's attempt at connecting with the Word."

Move further away.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1333 on: November 16, 2018, 11:18:36 am »

"But... People might get hurt if we don't. And contacting the Church sounds like the smart thing to do. They're the ones that know the most about this sort of thing. You think we shouldn't trust them? Aren't you a follower of the Church?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1334 on: November 16, 2018, 11:58:39 am »

: This is Kara of the Nameless Nomad. Identify yourself Empyrean station. : Kara said, piping the audio to the intercom system so that the rest could hear.

Can I switch to the Empyrean station and Converse privately instead of broadcasting?

If yes, do so and give them my name and information. However do not provide any more information besides mine, citing privacy concerns of the crew.

If not, then merely give them my name.

Regardless, tell them that Deep Walker Leon's assistants have met me and seen my paperwork and could provide confirmation about who I am. Then ask them if there's something we should do or watch out for.

You ask the Empyrean station for a specific frequency for you to broadcast on and they tell you a number.

You tell them your name and information, but refuse to give out any further information. They seem mildly put off by this but then, a few moments and rustling of paper later, they note that you had dealings with the church before and stop asking for further info.

They ask you if the person attempting to touch the Word is a true Chthonic and if so, to keep him with you after he touches it. If not, they say to leave the area immediately and prevent him from touching it.

"Kara. Are you sure broadcasting our situation is a good idea? It seems almost as ill-advised as Adam's attempt at connecting with the Word."

Move further away.
You get someone, one of the many idle masters, to go outside, tie Adam's rope to a rock, and then come back in before you take the bore a good several hundred feet down the tunnel.

Let the bore back away more if it can (see also the message I shot you on the discord).
Is the worm blood still 'active' this turn? If not, be sure to drink a new one before proceeding.

"Darkness is holy, do not fear it. God is a perfect star of black."

Place the palm of my hand in the center of the Word.

[2]
You reach forward for the Word. You feel nothing as you touch it, no sensation of touching a physical object, but the world around you shatters. In a flash the world's colors seem to invert, Blinding shadows and darkened light, reflections like holes in the world, the length of black tunnel like a worm of light. Stone goes transparent and matter divides itself over and over until you see each and every subatomic particle in painful clarity. You see around you with no dimming of sight from distance. You see the people in the bore, you see their bones, their organs, their cells, their organelles, the bacteria in their gut, the slow flow of electric current through their nerves.  You see the people in Empyrean, you see the blinding black flames in the tallest tower, you see the unearthly number of enchantments that wrap that place in a seemingly infinite number of wards, geas, and strings of coiled power. You see the path you took to get here, you see yourself at every step along it. You look up and see in perfect clarity the miles  and miles of stone and then the things that lie above. You see their numbers, their terrible power, their poisonous intellect, their inhuman and literally otherworldly forms. And they see you.  And then you look down and you see it. Deep below, who knows how far, through a seemingly infinite webwork of tunnels and living beings, through glowing catacombs and the hollow flames of the antediluvians, through fire and shadow and flowing stone, through beings too grand to comprehend, you see it. A Black Flame. It looks small and distant from here but you feel its presence as though it was the weight of the entire world pressed upon your head.

And you understand. You understand a fraction of the truth, a terrible modicum of what is, unfiltered through any bias or perception. You know what this Word is, this ancient echo of the power that wrought the world. And you know how you have polluted it.  You speak the world, unable to keep the force of it restrained in your head.

"See"

To those on the bore, there is a flash of light and then the Word is gone, and you can just make out Adam hanging from the rope where he was before.

Also check up on AsHul, firmly retrieve my moon blade while I'm checking him up.
You grab your blade.
Check on Ashul. Note also my +1 Mechanical ontop of my +2 Biological.

Charsheet
Stay near Ashul, between him and the group, murakumo drawn and ready.  Drett can interact with him, but Nyw will stay prepared to attack Ashul if he attacks anyone.  Can't be too careful when the caster gets possessed by demons.

Examine the flaking carapace. it it an ongoing effect, like an active corrosion, or is it straight impact damage? Try moving about a bit. Does my dented chestpiece interfere with the mechanisms inside at all?

If all that is functioning properly, meet the rest of the group near the exit and prepare to advance.
If the chestpiece is interfering with my innards, I'm going to seek out the mechanically inclined of the team and ask for whatever assistance they can provide, as well as asking Drett, since it's a dream world and doktoring might carry over to the mechanical in this kind of circumstance.
If I'm corroding, I'm gonna stay here and get ready to Dive to remove the corroding bits.

Everyone runs up stairs  and into the smashed in room where Ashul landed. Drett and Alex start looking him over while Nyw stands by, blade in hand, ready to intercede if anything goes wrong.  Ashul stands up, against Drett's orders, and shakes the last bits of damaged metal off himself before  looking at the dented chestpiece. It doesn't seem to be interfering, beyond some difficulty in lifting his arms very far above his head. It doesn't stop him doing so, but it feels stiff, like something is catching. Otherwise, he feels unharmed. [16, 18] Alex and Drett aren't entirely sure how Ashul's new body works but judging from what they can guess he isn't terribly hurt so...its probably fine for him to keep doing what he's doing.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 231