Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 405415 times)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Divers gonna Dive.
« Reply #1125 on: September 30, 2018, 11:37:17 am »

Just wait and remain alert in case things get weird.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1126 on: September 30, 2018, 11:44:30 am »

Huh. How committed do they seem to making it the whole way?

How would they be likely to die? Like dehydration/starvation, or from dangerous situations?

Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
They say they're committed but...well its easy to say you're committed. Actually proving it is more difficult. If you had to guess they're probably gonna reach a point where they realize their mistake and then turn around. They'll probably survive if all they have to deal with is supplies; if they realize it as something eats them it won't be so easy. And it could easily be either of those.

Find out what's going on out there... Maybe peek through a window or somehing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We are stopped at the entrance to the caves. So says voice over the intercom/radio you've got.

[...]
"You know... I'm a martial arts master, but I have no disciples... I have been looking for someone to... I mean, I'm the only one left who... I know this might sound stupid and very sudden, but would you consider... Becoming my... Apprentice?"
Cara, who was nearby Kara's area, decided this time would be great to speak up.

"May I help?"

Ok since I need stuffs to commit to stuffs, can I find any stuffs laying about that I can acquire for armor tinkering (or giving to others for doing that?)
Spoiler: Sheet (Honored Dead) (click to show/hide)
http://dig.wikia.com/wiki/The_Warehouse
This page contains info on the items stored in the warehouse and in the bore. They are, as far as I know, open for public use. Take what you need from the stuff on the bore or ask others. Alternatively, just tell someone else to tinker for you.

"So, we can either go down into the caverns and leg it from there for the last stretch, or we can start drilling sideways from here until we hit the entrance, it's only a little bit further from here. Shouldn't be too much of a hassle either way."

Can we do some price checks for bore upgrades while during the journey? If yes, could I get a price for the following things please:
-diving vault
-quarantine
-bore armor (what exactly would this entail?)
-bio lab

Secondly, could you give some of the 'standard' options there are in terms of bore weapons? Cannons and the like. 

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
Cheapest is just a big metal room for 100. Provides protection against the more mundane aspects of diving failure though not impenetrable.

300. Its quite a complex room with many compartments for quarentining both items and people. Back pressure, climate control, independent atmosphere systems, backup power, etc.

It would work a lot like normal armor. You can choose to armor specific sections or the whole bore. It would have a rating as to how protective it is and that would come into play if anything hits it.  Cost depends on how strong it is and how much you use.

Could have sworn I gave a price to this before. I'm just gonna say that whatever prices I give, the highest ones are the right ones. Bio lab is 200

So there are standard cannons; they're pirate ship like. You load whatever you want to shoot in the back, add a charge, light it, thing goes forward at high speed.  There are gattling guns, which are basically very fast firing automatic rifles. Those can be more easily controlled automatically by the bore compared to cannons. There are harpoon guns, favored by privateers and bandits, as well as hunters of the larger cave creatures. Also useful for catching yourself should you accidentally fall.  There are a variety of melee weapons, blunt and sharp, either on what amount to spring loaded arms or full mechanical limbs. There are chemical weapons: Flame throwers, acid sprayers, glue, lubricant, etc. There are explosives, frag, concussion, stun, etc in either claymore like configurations, dropped mines/timed explosives, or fired grenades. There's also weaponized armor; spiked mostly.

Let's try a sideways, theoretically safer, path to our objective.

You withdraw the bore's tip and then guide it to the side and again through two spaces until the bore's drill hits empty space and stops automatically. This should be, according to the map, the very entryway to the cave, or damn close to it.

[11:53 PM] parisbre56: Would I be able to lift a rifle and fire it with my own strength?
[11:53 PM] parisbre56: If yes, then I don't need to tinker
[11:56 PM] Mr.Bones: So not a gauntlet but like a....whole arm thingy to stabalize the arm for shooting
[11:58 PM] Mr.Bones: Ok.  Well....there are a few ways to do this
[11:58 PM] Mr.Bones: most simple is a ratcheting armbrace
[12:03 AM] Mr.Bones: Arm brace would just be like one of those leg braces with hinges to allow movement. And when you wanted to steady it you could push a button to lock the joints in place
[12:04 AM] Mr.Bones: Maybe rig it up to a two phase trigger so that the joints only lock when you squeeze the trigger a bit and then fire when you squeeze it the rest of the way

Go to the workshop and start planning this rifle modification.

If possible I want it to be detachable or maybe have some mechanism that lets me put it on my back, in case I want to use my arm for something else. Maybe some switch I flip with my beak?

Should I use materials from the mechanical arm to do it or would it be wasteful/difficult? Is it better to just take raw materials and build it?

If there would be are any parts leftover from the mechanical arm, I'd also like to design a belt that would help me climb ropes. I'm imagining something like the batman's belt where I can put the rope in there and have it act as a break. Perhaps along with a hook or ring on my chest I can pass the rope through so I can stay upright. I can use it to keep me from falling while I use my arm to pull myself up (if I'm climbing up) or slow my fall to a safe speed (if I'm climbing down). Would this be useful or is it superfluous? Can I just use my legs and single arm to climb a rope just as well?

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
Would it be wasteful to use the mechanical arm? Maybe, but you would get all the parts you need out of it, and it might be hard to get them elsewhere, at least currently. I'd be good with just rolling for this brace right now if you're good sacrificing the arm for it.

So like an combination belay device and ratcheting system so that you can slow your descent while also being able to move up a rope and not slide back down. Something like that would be very doable with a few structural and 2 mechanical junk.

Relic Team

Leave the broken idol and the others behind, and take the team back in to the circular room. Check each tunnel for the smooth marks like those in the first tunnel. If one tunnel is clearly more frequented than the others, head dow that one, preferably with the whole team.

Spoiler: Vision Notes (click to show/hide)
I may be wrong but I think you're the only one who posted from your group so....I'll just assume they all follow you!

You head back and check the tunnels and find that yes! One does have the smooth marks of the first tunnel. You drag your team along with you and after a few minutes of confused wandering you suddenly turn a corner and emerge back into the open air. You didn't feel the ascent, it felt like you were walking on flat ground the entire time but somehow you've made it further up the mountain. The passage opens out onto a slowly section of the mountain, sort of a large natural ramp with sharp drop offs to either side. A field of white flowers grows on this section of earth, with a gently winding path cutting through it up towards a temple at the height of the ramp. Red torii gates line the path at odd intervals, sometimes alone, sometimes in clusters of 3. Up ahead, at the first gate maybe 10 feet from the tunnel's opening, is a body. You recognize it immediately thanks to the triangular mask; it looks like the figure on the broken idol. How it died you can't tell but its mask is cracked just like the one on the idol and it lies in two pieces, though it seems to have crumbled like that, as though made of dry earth, rather than being neatly cut.

Beyond it, maybe halfway up the path, is another of the figures from the idols. His mask is diamond shaped and bright orange with blue decoration in the form of winding designs under its eye holes. A staff with a bladed crescent moon  on it sits upright beside him, though he sits with his legs folded on the path.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: September 30, 2018, 12:17:54 pm »

Over radio and intercom: "Ladies and gentlemen, we have arrived at our destination. Please disembark using the exit on your left and make sure that you do not leave any luggage behind. Thank you for traveling with our boreline." Adam said with his best flight attendant voice.

Take a peek outside through the periscope. If no monsters or demons or lawyers seem to be lurking and we are in a spot suitable for disembarking, help/guide the pilgrims out of the bore and receive their payment for services rendered.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 12:27:14 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: September 30, 2018, 01:10:56 pm »

Follow Adam, if we disembark, help to provide area security around the bore.

Spoiler: Aigresaur (click to show/hide)
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: September 30, 2018, 01:30:35 pm »

"Well, this sure got interesting. Shall we check the body? It might have something interesting on it, but whoever is up ahead there might not like us messing with it. I'm willing to go have a chat with that person. They seem non-agressive right now."

Hotfire90

« Reply #1130 on: September 30, 2018, 01:47:26 pm »

"We should let Nyw handle it. The person is probably hostile, what with the dead body we encountered, and Nyw is the best one equipped for a fight, so why not send him up to talk with the figure?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: September 30, 2018, 01:51:35 pm »

"Are they though? Perhaps they are open to communication. I've been known to be fairly charismatic, perhaps they'll tell us more about this place.

And indeed, if worse comes to worst, Nyw can jump in before they murderize me."

Hotfire90

« Reply #1132 on: September 30, 2018, 01:55:43 pm »

"It doesn't hurt to be cautious, we have no idea how they might react, so let's make sure they're friendly before letting our guard down."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: September 30, 2018, 02:12:02 pm »

"Agreed. We should communicate with the living one. If nothing else, we'll get some information from how they respond. If you wish to approach first, honorable Shluck, you are welcome. If you like, I will be right by your side as well."

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: September 30, 2018, 07:47:05 pm »

Take a nap.

Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: September 30, 2018, 09:30:23 pm »

"Hmm, no. I believe going alone will come over as less threatening. If I come running over here screaming like an adolescent because he's trying to murder me, I would appreciate someone coming to help me though. "

I will go towards the figure halfway up the path, keeping a respectful (and safe-ish) distance from him. Greet him as such: "Friendly greetings to you, gentlebeing. My name is Clate. I am here with a group of travellers. Who are you?"

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #1136 on: September 30, 2018, 10:10:49 pm »

"We should be fine, but it doesn't hurt to be careful."

Make sure the disembark area is fine and safe before unloading the pilgrims.

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: October 01, 2018, 02:54:52 am »

Relic Team

Observe each of the figures that resemble the idols carefully. Especially take note of how the idolguy reacts to Clate.

"I expect these fellas are used to receiving groups of pilgrims. Nevertheless, Nyw, Auft, Ironteeth, please be ready with your weapons. Honorable doctor, please stand back. Noble Schitter, be ready to support Mr. Clate in the negotiations should the figure prove stubborn but not violent."

Spoiler: Vision Notes (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: October 01, 2018, 05:37:54 am »

Wait for someone to tell me we’ve reached our destination
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: October 01, 2018, 10:26:59 am »

Relic Team

Hm, Drett mutters, a quiet clicking sound emanating behind his mask as his mouthparts move beneath in contemplation, It seems as though combat may be required. Interesting.

If the corpse is a safe distance from the living idol, wait for the schluck to head up and then investigate the cause of death. See whether it was the damage on the idol that caused it or if it was the death of the body, if possible.

Drett's Character Sheet
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 10:31:15 am by Gentlefish »
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 231