Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 405589 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Divers gonna Dive.
« Reply #975 on: September 12, 2018, 06:11:32 pm »

"For the moment I'd honestly prefer some simple delivery over something involving visions. We've had too much trouble with diving."

"Has the other team already been assembled? I'm reticent about our group ending up understaffed and unable to deal with any complications."

"As far as I'm aware, not really, as in there's no real list or anything yet. Though I think most of those who are interested in going have decided already. Looking at the amount of people still hanging around I think we should be able to gather a large enough team. I was holding off on announcing the job opportunity and getting people together until I had talked to you, since without a good driver this kind of mission would become much, much more dangerous."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #976 on: September 12, 2018, 06:14:36 pm »

"It's nothing, just asked the abomination if I could join his relic vision and he refused, suggesting that I should go do something else. What I meant to say was that if you're uncomfortable with my presence, just tell me and I'll go do something else."
"Ah, well. It's understandable that he may want only people who have proven themselves on previous expeditions to accompany him. However from what I understand relic visions are dangerous. He will need someone that can protect him with him. I'll see what he has planned and if he needs your assistance."

Kalagony then gazes in the direction of Kara's missing arm.

"Is it fine if I ask who did you sacrifice your arm for? No, it probably isn't... Still, I think it's definitely something to be proud of. You seem to have endured multiple hardships, but you still managed to stay strong and survived. But even then, you willingly lost your arm to try to save the life of someone you hadn't even meet before."

He then raises his mechanical arm.

"I may not have lost my arm for a friend or ally, but I understand how painful it must have been. You are brave, and that's something you should be proud of."
"Huh. Thanks. But really, Drett is the real hero here. He's the one that stopped me from dying."
Kara was uncertain about what his intentions were. Was he just flattering her to get on her good side or did he mean what he was saying?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: September 12, 2018, 06:24:36 pm »

"Don't worry Drett."
Kara bent her arm so she could put her hand over Drett's. She removed his hand from her shoulder but kept it in her hand as she turned around to face him.
"You being here with me is enough. I wouldn't want to be wandering these streets alone the way I'm feeling."
Her voice became more mischievous.
"As for the information you want, I might be able to provide it... for a price. Hmm..."
She cocked her head in an exaggerated display of thoughtfulness. Then she turned to look at the hand she was holding.
"How about I take possession of this beautiful healing hand while I give you the information you asked for?"
She looked back up at him and clicked her beak merrily.
"You have four, I'm sure you could spare one for me to hold while we walk." she joked.

Kara has no problem being truthful to Drett about recent events but if he asks about her past she might want to omit some information and if he asks about Vikkan she will not tell him what Vikkan told her about the black flame since she doesn't know if Vikkan would be fine with that. Even so, being truthful doesn't mean impartial, her story will inevitably be tinted by her perspective and her thoughts and feelings. ((Just saying so you can assume she told Drett what he would want to know without me actually having to write them again a third time, unless you actually want to RP a specific question.))
Drett gives Kara hand a firm squeeze as she talks, antennae waggling.
Sometimes I have more hands than I know how to deal with, it almost feels like a robbery. As for your story, how does the beginning sound? ((Cool let's not make you go over that again))
Kara looked at the mole and back at Drett for an indication of what he wanted. She didn't know how comfortable he was about other people being with them while they talked. And she knew that Ethral sometimes found it difficult to speak their mind. If he was uncomfortable, she would find some polite way to dismiss the mole.

"Are you talking about someone in particular? Has anyone in the group been giving you trouble?"
"It's nothing, just asked the abomination if I could join his relic vision and he refused, suggesting that I should go do something else. What I meant to say was that if you're uncomfortable with my presence, just tell me and I'll go do something else."

Kalagony then gazes in the direction of Kara's missing arm.

"Is it fine if I ask who did you sacrifice your arm for? No, it probably isn't... Still, I think it's definitely something to be proud of. You seem to have endured multiple hardships, but you still managed to stay strong and survived. But even then, you willingly lost your arm to try to save the life of someone you hadn't even meet before."

He then raises his mechanical arm.

"I may not have lost my arm for a friend or ally, but I understand how painful it must have been. You are brave, and that's something you should be proud of."
...So long I do not find myself scraping you off the walls I do not think we will have an issue. As for work, I heard the human, Adam, was wrangling a crew for another journey. I do not know the details, only that it is less likely to cause injury and therefore less likely to require my presence.
"Huh. Thanks. But really, Drett is the real hero here. He's the one that stopped me from dying."
Kara was uncertain about what his intentions were. Was he just flattering her to get on her good side or did he mean what he was saying?

Upon hearing this, Drett coughs and looks briefly to the floor, antennae dipping backward. I simply did what any self-respecting medical professional would do. I could hardly let you bleed out after sacrificing your limb for a greater good.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: September 13, 2018, 03:05:14 am »

um...stick with the nice merchant person and their one strange paranoid colleague
Sticking.
As Cara stuck by the merchantperson and met the rest of their colleagues, in silence, she decided to make use of her off-time by ensuring the supplies and armor were maintained and durable.

...Since I know nobody, get to armor maintenance and otherwise! If I can't access anyone else's armor, do it on myself :V

Spoiler: Sheet (Honored Dead) (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: September 13, 2018, 05:38:58 am »

I walk up to Clate.
”Hey Clate, I have a proposition for you. It will require the remaining amount of your gold, but if successful, it should more than replenish it! What do you say?”
Upon noticing Cara
”Ooh! who’s your friend?”
I offer Cara a handshake
”It’s a pleasure to meet you. My name’s Harmony- but please don’t call me Harmony -I go by Harm. What’s your name?”
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #980 on: September 13, 2018, 06:17:40 am »

Upon hearing this, Drett coughs and looks briefly to the floor, antennae dipping backward. I simply did what any self-respecting medical professional would do. I could hardly let you bleed out after sacrificing your limb for a greater good.
"I suppose so. Still, I don't know if it was all for the greater good. That abomination just went and exploded itself not a day after I saved it."
Kara sighs.
"What a waste. At least Wiellste seems like a good woman. I believe she wants to be helpful. But she seems to sometimes take things a bit too far. Like when she followed me and Vikkan when I had clearly stated I wanted a private conversation with him."
She looked at her missing arm for a moment before looking back at Drett.
"Then again, I don't think I'm in any position to judge others for taking things too far."

She turned to look at Kalagony next.
"That's who I sacrificed my arm for, by the way. The Ethral called Wiellste and a Shang-gei abomination who never told us its name. Both victims of diving. The abomination had another diving accident some time later. Nyw insisted it was beyond helping. He was going to mercy kill it, so... I shot it instead. So he wouldn't have to move close to it and endanger himself. It... wasn't a pleasant thing to do. But at least it's all over now."
She stays silent for a second.
"So how did you lose your arm?"
"You don't have to answer if you don't want to, just asking out of curiosity."
Kara added hastily. From the rumors she heard moles were known for their secrets, so she wasn't sure how open to sharing (or telling the truth) he would really be.

Drett gives Kara hand a firm squeeze as she talks, antennae waggling.
Sometimes I have more hands than I know how to deal with, it almost feels like a robbery. As for your story, how does the beginning sound? ((Cool let's not make you go over that again))
((Screw it, I'll write a short summary anyway.))
Spoiler: Story (click to show/hide)

"And now we're here. I don't care what Nyw says, it's a good story. Clean it up a bit, remove the boring parts and it will be something people might talk about for a while. Not an epic that will be passed down for ages but being the gossip of the week is good enough for me. It will put our name out there, make people trust us, maybe even result in some job offers. When we do something more interesting then we can tell a more interesting story."
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 06:22:43 am by Parisbre56 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: September 13, 2018, 06:57:32 am »

Best get in some official "come along on a magical journey" RP with a couple people who may have missed their invites.

@Drett, sometime during our down time.

"Greetings, Noble Doctor. I see that our crew has been keeping you quite busy of late. I am glad to see that we are in good hands.

I'd like to discuss our next moves, if you don't mind. it's nice to have some down time to get organized, and the Bore upgrades are an excellent opportunity for us to rest and become acquainted with one another, as it seems we'll all be together for a while yet. Strange to think that. We were but complete strangers not two days ago.

Ah, I digress. back to the point at hand. e have opportunities ahead. Work that will perhaps keep us off the streets. I believe Adam is spearheading one job, and I am currently representing another. I wonder if you'd be interested in coming along? I think it likely your services will not be needed on a simple courier job, but your aptitude with teamwork could be quite handy in the Relic Vision. I expect we will have less need of your medical expertise, but caution is a virtue in these things, and I, for one, would rest better knowing we could rely on one such as yourself."

@Auft
"Greetings, resourceful one. Are you up for an adventure? I am looking for volunteers to fill out my team to go on a Relic Vision for the Church, and you came to mind immediately. Your adventurous spirit, flexible thinking, and reasoned restraint wold all be of great value to us, whatever we might encounter in this small quest. And, I believe your new acquisition would be of benefit as well. He seems durable and ready to take on whatever challenges he faces. Are you interested?"

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: September 13, 2018, 06:58:33 am »

"I just felt I had to say something after what I heard what that Honored Dead said. While I do agree with some of his points, the way he expressed his point of view was fairly rude." After saying this, Kalagony addresses the Ethral. "So, your name is Drett? Nice to meet you. And thanks, I'll keep that in mind."

"I suppose so. Still, I don't know if it was all for the greater good. That abomination just went and exploded itself not a day after I saved it."
Kara sighs.
"What a waste. At least Wiellste seems like a good woman. I believe she wants to be helpful. But she seems to sometimes take things a bit too far. Like when she followed me and Vikkan when I had clearly stated I wanted a private conversation with him."
She looked at her missing arm for a moment before looking back at Drett.
"Then again, I don't think I'm in any position to judge others for taking things too far."

She turned to look at Kalagony next.
"That's who I sacrificed my arm for, by the way. The Ethral called Wiellste and a Shang-gei abomination who never told us its name. Both victims of diving. The abomination had another diving accident some time later. Nyw insisted it was beyond helping. He was going to mercy kill it, so... I shot it instead. So he wouldn't have to move close to it and endanger himself. It... wasn't a pleasant thing to do. But at least it's all over now."
She stays silent for a second.
"So how did you lose your arm?"
"You don't have to answer if you don't want to, just asking out of curiosity."
Kara added hastily. From the rumors she heard moles were known for their secrets, so she wasn't sure how open to sharing (or telling the truth) he would really be.

He pauses for a moment, thinking of an answer to Kara's question.

"I didn't lose it. I cut it out myself because I wanted to. Flesh feels pain and bones easily break. I have wished to become strong since I was young, and if I wanted to make that wish true, I had to sacrifice something in exchange. There's no tragic story or motivation behind it, other than my desire to become the strongest. I based my whole fighting style on it, and I don't regret my choice."

"Do you regret saving the abomination? ...Or do you regret not being able to save it the second time?"

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #983 on: September 13, 2018, 08:10:48 am »

He pauses for a moment, thinking of an answer to Kara's question.

"I didn't lose it. I cut it out myself because I wanted to. Flesh feels pain and bones easily break. I have wished to become strong since I was young, and if I wanted to make that wish true, I had to sacrifice something in exchange. There's no tragic story or motivation behind it, other than my desire to become the strongest. I based my whole fighting style on it, and I don't regret my choice."
Kara trembled a bit as if disturbed by a cool wind. She had heard about those that dreamed of becoming machines, who amputated themselves and modified their bodies. She found it very disturbing, the thought of willingly removing a piece of yourself and replacing it with a machine, even though you didn't need to. Kalagony hadn't done this just for the sake of imitating machines, he had done it to achieve his goal, but it was still disturbing.
Then again, who am I to judge? Didn't I sacrifice my limb to gain the power I needed to achieve my goal?
She looked away and sighed.
"I will admit, it's the first time I've met someone with the determination necessary to do something like that. I do find it... Odd or maybe unusual. But I understand. 'All power demands sacrifice and pain.' as one of my teachers used to say."

"Do you regret saving the abomination? ...Or do you regret not being able to save it the second time?"
Kara looked down and stayed silent for a long while.
"...I don't know."
She looked back at Kalagony.
"Would it make me a bad person if I said both?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: September 13, 2018, 08:22:32 am »

I walk up to Clate.
”Hey Clate, I have a proposition for you. It will require the remaining amount of your gold, but if successful, it should more than replenish it! What do you say?”
Upon noticing Cara
”Ooh! who’s your friend?”
I offer Cara a handshake
”It’s a pleasure to meet you. My name’s Harmony- but please don’t call me Harmony -I go by Harm. What’s your name?”
Clate, sensing a potential business opportunity arising, can't help but be intrigued.

"My gold cube, you mean? Do explain your ideas, I'm always open for new transactions.

Oh, and this is Clara. She's a noble deceased who only recently joined us. She's rather pleasant, really."

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: September 13, 2018, 08:37:18 am »

”She seems lovely!”
Smiles at Cara
”But anyways, the plan! I’ve been thinking about that big lead tree we made in the ruins. It certainly seems that those octahedrons were responsible. I had this thought a while back, but I couldn’t figure how it could be replicated. But then I thought about the conditions that created the lead tree, it was hit by a bullet. And what does that imply? HEAT! The bullet was hot, and the lead combined with the stone, and grew into a great tree. Now if we could replicate those affects with a different material… I’m buying a smelter, but I already sold my own gold unfortunately. For the record, had I not sold my own, I would have gladly shared the spoils with you, but alas! If you agree to help, I’ll split the payoff with you. I would also say we make generous contributions to the team, but such things can be discussed later. What do you say?
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: September 13, 2018, 08:50:13 am »

"Hmm. While I admit that simply generating more gold out of thin air seems like an excellent idea, I have to question your hypothesis. I can't shake the feeling that maybe instead of heat, it was force? Or perhaps a combination of the two. Like, maybe it was the force of the bullet slamming into the cube that activated it?

In any case, I suppose if heat doesn't do it you could always reclaim the gold used in the attempt afterward and try something else. Yeah, I'm in."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: September 13, 2018, 09:39:04 am »

Just chillax for now. Especially because people are talking about something he missed while he was taking a nap.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: September 13, 2018, 11:34:02 am »

Kara trembled a bit as if disturbed by a cool wind. She had heard about those that dreamed of becoming machines, who amputated themselves and modified their bodies. She found it very disturbing, the thought of willingly removing a piece of yourself and replacing it with a machine, even though you didn't need to. Kalagony hadn't done this just for the sake of imitating machines, he had done it to achieve his goal, but it was still disturbing.
Then again, who am I to judge? Didn't I sacrifice my limb to gain the power I needed to achieve my goal?
She looked away and sighed.
"I will admit, it's the first time I've met someone with the determination necessary to do something like that. I do find it... Odd or maybe unusual. But I understand. 'All power demands sacrifice and pain.' as one of my teachers used to say."

"I could say the same about your own sacrifice. We're not really that different, are we? Personally, I have always felt that if you want to gain something, you have to lose something in exchange."

Kara looked down and stayed silent for a long while.
"...I don't know."
She looked back at Kalagony.
"Would it make me a bad person if I said both?"

"Do you feel like a bad person? If you don't, then you aren't. There isn't really a point in doing what others consider "right" if you don't feel right doing it. For exammple, I don't care if others see me as a madman for cutting my arm, because it was MY choice. Not theirs."
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: September 13, 2018, 12:00:17 pm »

"Do you feel like a bad person? If you don't, then you aren't. There isn't really a point in doing what others consider "right" if you don't feel right doing it. For exammple, I don't care if others see me as a madman for cutting my arm, because it was MY choice. Not theirs."
Having been listening until now, Drett speaks up at mention of "right".
Do be careful of what is and what feels "right". The archives are full of stories of power-hungry tyrants who what "felt" right until their dying breath.
Needless to say it was often those who did what was but didn't feel right who put an end to their rules.

"Greetings, Noble Doctor. I see that our crew has been keeping you quite busy of late. I am glad to see that we are in good hands.

I'd like to discuss our next moves, if you don't mind. it's nice to have some down time to get organized, and the Bore upgrades are an excellent opportunity for us to rest and become acquainted with one another, as it seems we'll all be together for a while yet. Strange to think that. We were but complete strangers not two days ago.

Ah, I digress. back to the point at hand. e have opportunities ahead. Work that will perhaps keep us off the streets. I believe Adam is spearheading one job, and I am currently representing another. I wonder if you'd be interested in coming along? I think it likely your services will not be needed on a simple courier job, but your aptitude with teamwork could be quite handy in the Relic Vision. I expect we will have less need of your medical expertise, but caution is a virtue in these things, and I, for one, would rest better knowing we could rely on one such as yourself."

I see. A relic vision, you say? The opportunity is a rare one indeed. The experience will be invaluable, and quite likely very dangerous.
Drett takes a moment, pausing to thread an antennae through his fingers.
Consider me along. I cannot, in good faith, reject such a unique experience.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 12:08:38 pm by Gentlefish »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 231