Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 405559 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Divers gonna Dive.
« Reply #960 on: September 11, 2018, 04:54:18 pm »

”Anybody want to help me haul stuff? I’m buying a smelter, and will need some help getting it here. I also might want some help using it soon. If all goes to plan, there might be some payoff in it for you!”
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: September 11, 2018, 05:56:22 pm »

1. I'm okay with lending Ashul the guitars for now (Ozarck's action) so he can practise

2. Retry making the guitar with turquoise+mother of pearl wave inlays and turquoise edge finishings.

3. Ask the following of Polyantha, then inspect the contents of the kidnapper bell box:
"I don't suppose you'd be so kind as to give me a rundown of the item in this box? Kidnapper Bell leaves rather a lot to the imagination."

4. Show the acoustic guitar with guardbone inlays (not the screaming one, the other one) to Polyantha, see if she at all seems interested in it.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #962 on: September 11, 2018, 06:05:26 pm »

CURRENT BORE UPGRADE PLAN:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you disagree with anything or want something more/different please say so.

If nobody disagrees with the upgrades, go ahead with the above upgrades.

If possible, also include Harm's smelter with these with these upgrades so that it also gets the 15% discount.

Quote from: piecewise
No. Also the Flames are made of Obsidian, not black steel. You could theoretically make more but you don't know how.
Quote from: Rule doc
A silver chain with a piece of anodized black steel in the shape of a flame on the end. The Flame has a sort of “U” shape to the design, with with two unevenly sized peaks. The back edge of the large peak has been honed to a sharp edge, allowing the symbol to serve as a utility knife. (Cutting 3)
The rules doc says the black flame is made out of steel, not obsidian. If that is not the case, perhaps the document should be changed.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 02:25:44 pm by Parisbre56 »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: September 11, 2018, 06:57:13 pm »

"Hey undead baby, you want sum fuk?"

Nyw stares down at the lizard for a long time, not sure at all how to respond to that question.  When his answer finally does come, he sounds distinctly worried, and slightly confused.  "...No, I possess no such desire.  My heart no longer beats, rendering such acts impossible in any case.  Er.  My apologies?"

Nyw continues to stare down at the eager lizard, clearly uncomfortable.  "...Please go away."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #964 on: September 11, 2018, 07:58:11 pm »

When Vikkan finally woke up after sleeping a little more than expected or desired and against his usual discipline, he left the bore only to see there were quite a few people missing. Suppressing a yawn that made his mustache tremble, the bore driver looked around just to make sure his new companions had just left to take care of business or explore and nothing weird was afoot.

"I guess I missed Kara and Drett." He did need to get the clockwork limb installed, but staring at the solitary, badly-applied piece of gauze on his stump, he wondered whether Drett was rested. He was assuming the doctor had been stressed instead of actively malicious.

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #965 on: September 12, 2018, 12:14:23 am »

Drett nods, thankful Kara had slowed down. As she stops, he reaches an arm up to touch her remaining shoulder.
I have not dealt with Honored Dead much myself, I always gave them plenty of space back home. Nor anyone other than Ethral most of my life. This was my first journey out of the Eastern Archives.
The books there painted, ah, obtuse portraits of their character and I happen to agree with what I have seen. Not dull, by any means, but so one-tracked as to make dealing with them a great hassle, if not occasionally impossible. Especially - ah...

He waits a second and his antennae droop slightly. I apologize, I'm sure raw information does nothing for your sense of hurt. If it is any consolation, I was an avid reader of fiction and historical accounts of explorers and am looking forward to your retelling. I would, if you might allow, to record it and send it home, eventually, as proof of progress made and more light to cast upon the world we know.
"Don't worry Drett."
Kara bent her arm so she could put her hand over Drett's. She removed his hand from her shoulder but kept it in her hand as she turned around to face him.
"You being here with me is enough. I wouldn't want to be wandering these streets alone the way I'm feeling."
Her voice became more mischievous.
"As for the information you want, I might be able to provide it... for a price. Hmm..."
She cocked her head in an exaggerated display of thoughtfulness. Then she turned to look at the hand she was holding.
"How about I take possession of this beautiful healing hand while I give you the information you asked for?"
She looked back up at him and clicked her beak merrily.
"You have four, I'm sure you could spare one for me to hold while we walk." she joked.

Kara has no problem being truthful to Drett about recent events but if he asks about her past she might want to omit some information and if he asks about Vikkan she will not tell him what Vikkan told her about the black flame since she doesn't know if Vikkan would be fine with that. Even so, being truthful doesn't mean impartial, her story will inevitably be tinted by her perspective and her thoughts and feelings. ((Just saying so you can assume she told Drett what he would want to know without me actually having to write them again a third time, unless you actually want to RP a specific question.))

While Drett and Kara were talking, Kalagony appeared from the opposite direction. He was about to pass by when he stops and notices the scent of the Corven and the Ethral. He turns around and faces in the direction of the pair.

"Ah... Kara, right? Forgive me, it's just that my vision isn't as good as it used to be. I don't recognize the smell of the Ethral, so we must have not met before. You can call me Kalagony, I agreed to follow the team and help in any way I can."

"...Though, apparently some would prefer to be better left alone. If you two are currently busy, just tell me and I'll stop interrupting."

Kara looked at the mole and back at Drett for an indication of what he wanted. She didn't know how comfortable he was about other people being with them while they talked. And she knew that Ethral sometimes found it difficult to speak their mind. If he was uncomfortable, she would find some polite way to dismiss the mole.

"Are you talking about someone in particular? Has anyone in the group been giving you trouble?"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: September 12, 2018, 08:59:49 am »

For bore upgrades: we should make sure everyone gets a radio, so we'll need more than 8 of them. Not sure if weapon storage is something that's gonna be used much but it's cheap so whatever. We should probably also get some spare fuel already (assuming fuel storage isn't expensive) just in case, we'll need more fuel in the future anyway and it's not like it'll spoil.

If we buy more bore fuel that the current max fuel, can we assume it'll be kept around in jerrycans or something, or do we need to explicitly buy some fuel storage containers or something? If yes, how much for a container that can hold 50 bore fuel?

Could I get help with identifying my beaker artifact from someone in town, perhaps in exchange for some payment?

How do towns and cities communicate with each other? Do they have landlines or something set up for rapid communication, or do they need to send messengers all the time?

Adding the fathoms to sheet, edited wiki accordingly. 

Adam approached Vikkan and saw that the moustachio'd man had just been asleep.

"Oh, sorry, I hope I didn't wake you just now? I had something to ask you, if you have a moment."

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 06:20:04 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: September 12, 2018, 09:10:34 am »

Go help Adam with the shopping. Seduce them.

Check if there are any fathoms to be claimed from that last mission.

Get a reload for the Tunnel Clearer (3 for 5 rounds)
And a mail shirt if possible (20)

If Adam has new adventure, we follow them!

Spoiler: Aigresaur (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 06:07:51 pm by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Hotfire90

« Reply #968 on: September 12, 2018, 09:29:46 am »

Donate my 400 fathoms to the bore upgrade fund, then take a nap inside the bore.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: September 12, 2018, 02:27:10 pm »

Vikkan noticed the faithful's approach and nodded. "The control room is quite sealed from the rest of the bore so it'd be hard to wake me up unless you kept banging on the door."

"And I do, Adam. What would that be?"
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: September 12, 2018, 02:49:47 pm »

Vikkan noticed the faithful's approach and nodded. "The control room is quite sealed from the rest of the bore so it'd be hard to wake me up unless you kept banging on the door."

"And I do, Adam. What would that be?"

"Heh, true enough.

Anyways, I recently found two small job offerings that I figured we should be able to do fairly easily. One involves transporting some pilgrims down the God's Breath, the other picking up some goods for a jeweler down in Goldshore. Both would require quite some bore travel, though most of it would be along paths and should be fairly easy, assuming we don't run into any trouble.

Now, what I was wondering about is if you would be willing to pilot the bore for these errands. You proved yourself a pretty capable pilot before so it'd be nice to have you along. I heard that some people are getting ready for some other job however, so if you would prefer to do that don't feel obligated to pilot again.

So, are you interested? If yes I'll go make the final preparations and we can get going soon."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: September 12, 2018, 04:10:20 pm »

Vikkan smiled wide when piloting a bore was mentioned, only for his face to take a sombre expression when as he listened to the rest of the explanation. "Are we splitting up? Did something happen while I was asleep?"
>Yes?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: September 12, 2018, 04:11:56 pm »

While Drett and Kara were talking, Kalagony appeared from the opposite direction. He was about to pass by when he stops and notices the scent of the Corven and the Ethral. He turns around and faces in the direction of the pair.

"Ah... Kara, right? Forgive me, it's just that my vision isn't as good as it used to be. I don't recognize the smell of the Ethral, so we must have not met before. You can call me Kalagony, I agreed to follow the team and help in any way I can."

"...Though, apparently some would prefer to be better left alone. If you two are currently busy, just tell me and I'll stop interrupting."

Kara looked at the mole and back at Drett for an indication of what he wanted. She didn't know how comfortable he was about other people being with them while they talked. And she knew that Ethral sometimes found it difficult to speak their mind. If he was uncomfortable, she would find some polite way to dismiss the mole.

"Are you talking about someone in particular? Has anyone in the group been giving you trouble?"

"It's nothing, just asked the abomination if I could join his relic vision and he refused, suggesting that I should go do something else. What I meant to say was that if you're uncomfortable with my presence, just tell me and I'll go do something else."

Kalagony then gazes in the direction of Kara's missing arm.

"Is it fine if I ask who did you sacrifice your arm for? No, it probably isn't... Still, I think it's definitely something to be proud of. You seem to have endured multiple hardships, but you still managed to stay strong and survived. But even then, you willingly lost your arm to try to save the life of someone you hadn't even meet before."

He then raises his mechanical arm.

"I may not have lost my arm for a friend or ally, but I understand how painful it must have been. You are brave, and that's something you should be proud of."
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: September 12, 2018, 04:30:36 pm »

Vikkan smiled wide when piloting a bore was mentioned, only for his face to take a sombre expression when as he listened to the rest of the explanation. "Are we splitting up? Did something happen while I was asleep?"

"In a way, yeah, I suppose so. The relic vision quest some others are interested in only allows for 8 people, so I'm trying to set up a job for the rest so they don't have to be bored and do nothing in the meantime. If all goes right this should be a fairly low-intensity job, but that's still better than sitting around watching a cave wall, and this way we can earn some more cash on the side.

Would it be an irreconcilable problem for you if we can't get everyone at once on this job?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: September 12, 2018, 05:24:15 pm »

"For the moment I'd honestly prefer some simple delivery over something involving visions. We've had too much trouble with diving."

"Has the other team already been assembled? I'm reticent about our group ending up understaffed and unable to deal with any complications."
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 231