Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 405782 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Back to the Future
« Reply #660 on: August 20, 2018, 06:48:13 am »

Edit: Because Radio is talking about trying to get answers to questions and maybe not being available to make edits, I would like to help out a little - give a probably viable alternative to his action.

Let Nyw do his attack. If this does not prove to scare away the entity, prepare for a dive. First take my Silent Night so I get to roll at advantage. Then do the following dive, using Hel as the material roll (since that is the sphere Wiellste is being a conduit for, or at least I think that's the one).
Go to Hel (2 rolls).
Reinforce Hell with 3 rolls.
Go to Non (5 rolls).
Reinforce Non with 3 rolls.

Then, final nerve check and final stat check.

What Radio means to say is that he will dive:
->Yengenze. Reinforce with 3 Rolls
-> (Komis, Jal, Udyne,) Non. Reinforce Non 3 times.

5 path rolls, 6 reinforcement rolls, final nerve, final stat.

Spoiler: explanation (click to show/hide)

What Radio Probably should be trying to do is:
Akhmah Jal, with a few reinforcements on each, thereby Shielding this material sphere from the creature.[/b]

Akhmah could be replaced with Yengenze, for the spark of life that constitute's iellste's motive force or soul
or with Telazch, for Wiellste's body. same with the above.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 06:49:53 am by Ozarck »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #661 on: August 20, 2018, 08:02:05 am »

Well, then continue reading.

Spoiler: Lokam Pilgrim (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Book of Truth (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: August 20, 2018, 01:22:13 pm »

”Hey Clate, I figured you could probably make better use of this than I could. I’ve been thinking, do you want to start planning to work together on a more advanced project? As a start, it seems like we are a bit *ahem* short handed around here”
((Clate isn't in the same room as you, I think. I slipped past the guard and into another room last turn.))

Pat number 1 and 2 lovingly for trying so hard, bless them.

Take a moment to just listen, did any of the guards hear me and are they coming over, or did the sounds of the bore muffle my tests? If I can hear someone coming, just sit down and play with the inert crystal babies like they're action figures, so I look harmless.

If they're not, continue testing, paying extra attention for similar shenanigans this time and booping them inactive if they show any signs of high-energy-projecting or exploding or what have you.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 01:53:32 pm by Pancaek »

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: August 22, 2018, 07:49:10 pm »

When can I join?

Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #664 on: August 23, 2018, 12:30:13 pm »

When can I join?

Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)

Sure.

Both hands, sever the arm just above Wiellste's head, try and do it with a \ -like angle, so the water won't just flow back together.  Maybe shoulder slam the arm too, to force it away.  Nyw's priority here is Wiellste, she's in far more danger than him.

[9]
You step forward, darting back into range and bring the blade down at a hard angle, striking straight through the arm only inches above Wiellste's head and severing it with a sound like someone bellyflopping into a pool.  The section of arm still in Wiellste's mouth retracts  with a wet slurp and Her body goes limp and relaxed. The severed limb lands heavily and then wriggles, shuddering and squirming like a severed snake head before bursting and spraying water all over the room.
"Birdgirl, mothgirl, get out of here and take the artifact with you. It seems I might have to try to sever the ethereal connection between our friend and the plane she's connected to."

Dive action pending depending on answers to questions.

I'll put in a preliminary action since I'll be busy tomorrow and we don't want a repeat of last turn again <.<  Will try to edit as more info comes in if possible.

Let Nyw do his attack. If this does not prove to scare away the entity, prepare for a dive. First take my Silent Night so I get to roll at advantage. Then do the following dive, using Hel as the material roll (since that is the sphere Wiellste is being a conduit for, or at least I think that's the one).
Go to Hel (2 rolls).
Reinforce Hell with 3 rolls.
Go to Non (5 rolls).
Reinforce Non with 3 rolls.

Then, final nerve check and final stat check.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
Your action is now moooooot.

AsHul nods impassively at the guard's implicit threat. Then squints slightly, saying:

"Curious. This is the first time I've seen any of you alone. That little tremor back there has you guys shook up, eh?"

AsHul gives a sharp, braying laugh that sounds more like an alarm clock going off than a human voice.
He then pats the guard on the shoulder and heads in to find his magnetic Fathom.
"All paths lead to the Divine, my goonish captor. Some just lead there much quicker than others. There is no rush, but don't dawdle too long, lest the Demons take you instead."

[13]
Your jabbing remark and taunting laughter somehow has a negative effect on the man's mood and he promptly rams the butt of his rifle into your stomach. [12] You double over in pain, the breath completely knocked out of you, and all the muscles in your abdomen spasming very unpleasantly. You drop to one knee, hand on the wall to steady yourself, and the guard sneers down at you before walking away.

"I am" You gasp and cough, "an expert diplomat."

"So yes, Garos. The situation's kind of weird, isn't it? They had so many means, and it's more like they're trying to recruit us into some secret society than just murder us. I mean, we have the artifact and we're still alive, and they can just get rid of us, dump the bodies outside and steer the bore back to Anvil."

Vikkan waved to Alex as he tiredly rested against the control panel. "Hey there. Come to rest and chat a bit? How are things down there?" he asked.

Still driving/chilling.
"And yet some of our crew are thinking of doing something about this situation. We still have these collars around our necks, so sooner or later we will find out what were their true intentions sending us there instead of simply hiring professionals to do this job."
Just chill and help the mustache driver whenever it is needed.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"In the name of the God of the Black Flame are we fucking there yet?" Vikkan says, looking at the readout in frustration and disgust.

Examine the spool of wire and a gold cube more thoroughly, do they seem to just be simple components? Then go find Clate, if the spool seems to just be a simple spool of wire, I’ll give it to Clate
”Hey Clate, I figured you could probably make better use of this than I could. I’ve been thinking, do you want to start planning to work together on a more advanced project? As a start, it seems like we are a bit *ahem* short handed around here”
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
The spool of wire is...you don't think its just normal metal wire but you're not sure whats abnormal about it. Its just a feeling. The cubes are just gold though. Valuable but not extraordinary.

Auft rubbed her hands together eagerly. He'd fallen right into her web, and now... well, now mostly she was just going to do all the lewd things she said she'd do and then try to recruit him as a personal goon. No need to make things complicated.

Perform shameless and unspeakable sex acts on the guard, then try to recruit him as a personal thug instead of a... whatever organization he belongs to properly. The point is they don't pay in moth cuddles so they're shit.

I am sadly not allowed to get into detail here. Please pay 9.95 to my patreon to see this full uncensored text~

[9(.95)]
After some very thorough negotiating you manage to convince the man that perhaps getting on the side of the mob of dangerous divine wizards and cuddly moths would be a better choice.  He agrees to help you out in exchange for a cut of the loot and a piece of the booty.

Har har.

Well, then continue reading.

Spoiler: Lokam Pilgrim (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Book of Truth (click to show/hide)
The entire book (so far) is actually up on the wiki now.
http://dig.wikia.com/wiki/The_Black_Book

I'll keep updating it as I go.

((Clate isn't in the same room as you, I think. I slipped past the guard and into another room last turn.))

Pat number 1 and 2 lovingly for trying so hard, bless them.

Take a moment to just listen, did any of the guards hear me and are they coming over, or did the sounds of the bore muffle my tests? If I can hear someone coming, just sit down and play with the inert crystal babies like they're action figures, so I look harmless.

If they're not, continue testing, paying extra attention for similar shenanigans this time and booping them inactive if they show any signs of high-energy-projecting or exploding or what have you.

You do hear something. A sort of rhythmic thumping and high pitched squealing. Uh.  And then, below you, you hear someone yell and a sound like a giant water balloon popping. Um.  Then you hear someone swearing up above you. Hm.

You huddle in the corner and give the babies hugs. This den of perversion and violence is no place for such perfect crystal children.

OK for the moment no one is in life threatening danger. May I time skip us to the mob base? Or does someone still have potentially life threatening actions they'd like to take?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 03:28:30 pm by piecewise »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: August 23, 2018, 12:32:23 pm »

OK for the moment no one is in life threatening danger. May I time skip us to the mob base? Or does someone still have potentially life threatening actions they'd like to take?

Yeah, let's just get on with it, we can fight the man another day.

Could I carefully study the beaker artifact during the timeskip?

"Expert swordplay, honorable ancestor. It seems the being from beyond has retreated back to its realm."

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 12:45:05 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #666 on: August 23, 2018, 12:38:49 pm »

I can't fight the man alone, so timeskip it is.

Hotfire90

« Reply #667 on: August 23, 2018, 12:41:15 pm »

Skip away.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: August 23, 2018, 12:42:07 pm »

AsHul will spend the TimeSkip examining his brass sphere and sheet music. Alone. Far enough away from his Fathom not to have any awkward yet hilarious misadventures in that regard.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: August 23, 2018, 01:10:35 pm »

"I think I'll take a nap to recover some energy. Cover for me, Garos. Wake me up if something."

Vikkan waved to Alex as he tiredly rested against the control panel. "Hey there. Come to rest and chat a bit? How are things down there?" he asked.

Timeskip.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: August 23, 2018, 01:15:22 pm »

Skip away
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: August 23, 2018, 01:20:09 pm »

Time skip away.

If we have time to do stuff during the timeskip, continue my tests with the crystal babies per my previous action.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: August 23, 2018, 01:34:08 pm »

Skip. I've got nothing to do.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: August 23, 2018, 01:53:29 pm »

If I had the opportunity, I would fight this like my life is on the line, because it totally is. I'm unconscious, so this is your chance to have me not have any say in what happens.

Spoiler: Wiellste. x_x (click to show/hide)

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: August 23, 2018, 02:16:42 pm »

What? where are we going? I'm so cooooooonnnnnnffffffffuuuuuuuuussssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!

timeskip
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 231