Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 405777 times)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Back to the Future
« Reply #645 on: August 18, 2018, 03:39:52 pm »

The Ethral took the construct and simply tied it against his chest for now to use it as an oversized pendant, as he still needed to use his hands to support himself just in case the bore shook too much.
"Thank you, I almost forgot we had it. And chat about what?"
Keep helping.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 08:04:49 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: August 18, 2018, 07:19:24 pm »

Throw the artifact to Adam, and then shove Medizin away from the hand, while drawing the murakumo.  Tell the others to flee, then turn around and chop the arm in half.  If it's unaffected, due to being liquid, grab Kara (if she hasn't already escaped), and carry her out.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #647 on: August 18, 2018, 10:02:20 pm »

AsHul watches Adam leave the airlock and turns to the guard:

"So. Did we get the artifact?"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: August 19, 2018, 08:08:46 am »

Nyw turns to look back at Wiellste, sighing when he sees the blood leaking from her mask.  He crouches down, wiping some of the blood away, only for more to flow out.  He stays there for several slow seconds, fingering his neck where the collar had been.  He breaks his silence after deliberating, speaking loudly and clearly without making any effort to hide his voice.  "Medizin.  Please, help her.  Adam,"  Nyw stands, and holds out the artifact Wiellste used to kill herself twice.  "Would you burn this?  I do not breath."

Adam placed his hand on the undead's shoulders and shook his head softly.
"I'm afraid that would do us little good, honorable ancestor. The smoke of a burning artifact wouldn't be able to suppress our captors, and it'd put all of the other hostages at risk. I know you loathe these vagabonds as much, if not more than me, put this isn't the way to go about it."

Take the artifact when nyw hands it to me (try to hide it in my pack) and back away from the demon that's crawling out of our friend, dragging medzin and Kara with me if they aren't moving away. If possible, try to get an idea of what kind of possession this is and how we might end it.   

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 08:47:09 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #649 on: August 19, 2018, 08:32:07 am »

Run away or get carried away. Get myself to safety. Also grab the Artifact if Adam doesn't take it to safety.
Edit: Since Drett said to take care of me, he should accompany me and help me. Make sure he does so via severe one-armed prodding.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 11:53:29 am by Parisbre56 »

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: August 19, 2018, 08:38:44 am »

Ponder on the nature of the plane of Hel, what is like, who lives there, and what menacing beings would possess young, nubile divers who dove there.

Spoiler: Moku Youkou (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #651 on: August 19, 2018, 01:26:26 pm »

"Garos, I believe this is yours." Vikkan said, using his good hand to give the Ethral the small key-construct they'd found. "You found it, so keep it. So do you wanna chat while we head back?"

Continue driving the bore back so we can deliver our stuff.
The Ethral took the construct and simply tied it against his chest for now to use it as an oversized pendant, as he still needed to use his hands to support himself just in case the bore shook too much.
"Thank you, I almost forgot we had it. And chat about what?"
Keep helping.

Vikkan locks everything into automatic and then lets Garos help him to the ground. He sits down, back against the lower portions of the control panel.

"You know, I'm beginning to wonder why these guys sent us in. Sure that big dragon thing was a problem but they had access to a military bore. They could just blast it from a distance and then lower themselves in like we did.  This all seems very elaborate just to get some disposable flunkies."

Lure guard into nearby empty room for degenerate handholding. Pay no heed to ominous sounds that might or might not be coming from adjacent rooms.

[7]
You sidle up further, closer, until you're too close for him to use the rifle on you. You whisper some suggestive things. Things about the compatibility of human and ethral bodies. Things about how violence is unnecessary. Things that stoke an ego and dull the senses. The man falls for it entirely and you walk for the door, with him in tow. Either his companions don't care or assume he is taking you somewhere for...his own amusement. You cross over to another room on this floor, a small room, maybe a berth in a previous life. You walk to the opposite end of the room and the guard follows you in, closing the door behind him. He turns and slings the rifle back over his shoulder, face expectant and positively lecherous.

Move to a safer and less crowded spot to continue reading. Whatever the others are trying to do, I don't want to be in middle of it.

Spoiler: Lokam Pilgrim (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Book of Truth (click to show/hide)
[13]
You attempt to slowly and nonchalantly walk towards the door. You are intercepted almost immediately by one of the guards who wordlessly gestures for you to return to where you were. He does this with is rifle in a way that is rather hard to argue against.

Move to the control room and estimate how much junk I'd need to fix my shovel.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
You leave the airlock and head straight up to the control room, waving to Garos and Vikkan as you enter. You take a seat up next to them and take a look at your shovel. Some structural junk could be used to fix this, you think.

Time for testing. Go find a secluded room that has a particularely sturdy looking wall. Scratch an X in the wall with my shovel. Then, test the attack capabilities of each of the crystal babies in turn by gently bopping them with the rod, using the Wake command, pointing the rod at the X and issuing the attack command, then observing the result and finally putting them back into the suspend command. Rinse and repeat for each construct.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
[1]
You gather up your babies and, while the guards are distracted by another person trying to leave, you slip out behind their backs.  You don't think you can get far so you quickly duck into the closest room.

You scratch an x into the wall with your shovel and start testing the combat efficiency of your babies.  The Dodecahedron Bumps against the wall with great...well it tries.  You use the diamond next. It floats up until it is level with the X and then splits into pieces, deforming. It forms a single long spike with a dozen or so smaller spikes rotating around it, all of them pointed at the X. Light gathers at their points and the air fills with a shattering scream of gathering energy.  You quickly boop the thing and shut down the attack before it can blow a hole through the bore or something worse.

Try to remove myself from any potential crossfire
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
You press yourself into a corner and curl into as small of a ball as possible, grumbling about the stupidity of everything going on here.

Ponder on the nature of the plane of Hel, what is like, who lives there, and what menacing beings would possess young, nubile divers who dove there.

Spoiler: Moku Youkou (click to show/hide)
[6]
Is a place of transmutation, everything looks the same, but what its made out of keeps changing. As per creatures that might possess someone, you think the giant Aquamarine Cats are the most likely. They're usually not hostile but they are alien and can do some dangerous things even without malice. They're also damn near indestructible, least on their world.

AsHul watches Adam leave the airlock and turns to the guard:

"So. Did we get the artifact?"

The guard gives you a hard look, a very suspicious look, and then says "You had better hope we did."

Murder every single guard. Repeat until victory or death.

Spoiler: Wiellste. x_x (click to show/hide)
Throw the artifact to Adam, and then shove Medizin away from the hand, while drawing the murakumo.  Tell the others to flee, then turn around and chop the arm in half.  If it's unaffected, due to being liquid, grab Kara (if she hasn't already escaped), and carry her out.

Nyw turns to look back at Wiellste, sighing when he sees the blood leaking from her mask.  He crouches down, wiping some of the blood away, only for more to flow out.  He stays there for several slow seconds, fingering his neck where the collar had been.  He breaks his silence after deliberating, speaking loudly and clearly without making any effort to hide his voice.  "Medizin.  Please, help her.  Adam,"  Nyw stands, and holds out the artifact Wiellste used to kill herself twice.  "Would you burn this?  I do not breath."

Adam placed his hand on the undead's shoulders and shook his head softly.
"I'm afraid that would do us little good, honorable ancestor. The smoke of a burning artifact wouldn't be able to suppress our captors, and it'd put all of the other hostages at risk. I know you loathe these vagabonds as much, if not more than me, put this isn't the way to go about it."

Take the artifact when nyw hands it to me (try to hide it in my pack) and back away from the demon that's crawling out of our friend, dragging medzin and Kara with me if they aren't moving away. If possible, try to get an idea of what kind of possession this is and how we might end it.   

Run away or get carried away. Get myself to safety. Also grab the Artifact if Adam doesn't take it to safety.
Edit: Since Drett said to take care of me, he should accompany me and help me. Make sure he does so via severe one-armed prodding.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

Nyw steps forward, drawing his weapon with one hand and with the other grabbing Medizin by the collar and half yanking, half tossing the little Ethral back and out of harm's way. As soon as he's in between the creature and the others he tosses the artifact back to Adam, who struggles to stick it in his bag for a few moments before Kara, Drett and Medizin at her side and steadying her, snatches it and stuffs it back in the sack she made for it. Together they all stumble out of the room, leaving Nyw to deal with the creature.They don't go far, just across to the other side of this level of the bore, near the ladder. They wait to see what happens and Adam takes the moment to think. [10]

This isn't a possession, he realizes, this is something using Wiellste's body as a conduit. Its trying to get into this world. It may not even be hostile, though creatures from the other planes are usually too alien to attribute any sort of rational motivation to. And it could still easily kill Wiellste even without meaning to. Damaging the creature coming through might work, scaring it away so to speak. Or  someone could use diving to sever the connection between Wiellste and the sphere she's connected to. No connection, no transfer.

Back in the room, Nyw squares off with the limb. [16] He swings the blade at the limb with perfect form before darting back, out of the range of any counter attack. He moves automatically, before he can even analyze the blow he lands and realizes only once he has retreated that the blow didn't land at all. The creature's limb snaked back out of the way. It was hard to tell if it dodged or if it just happened to slither away at just the right time by pure accident.  Wiellste's body strains back up into an arch and you can see her throat and mouth stretching as something tries to push its way through, a larger bulk struggling to squeeze past.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: August 19, 2018, 01:51:27 pm »

AsHul nods impassively at the guard's implicit threat. Then squints slightly, saying:

"Curious. This is the first time I've seen any of you alone. That little tremor back there has you guys shook up, eh?"

AsHul gives a sharp, braying laugh that sounds more like an alarm clock going off than a human voice.
He then pats the guard on the shoulder and heads in to find his magnetic Fathom.
"All paths lead to the Divine, my goonish captor. Some just lead there much quicker than others. There is no rush, but don't dawdle too long, lest the Demons take you instead."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: August 19, 2018, 03:58:41 pm »

"Birdgirl, mothgirl, get out of here and take the artifact with you. It seems I might have to try to sever the ethereal connection between our friend and the plane she's connected to."

Dive action pending depending on answers to questions.

I'll put in a preliminary action since I'll be busy tomorrow and we don't want a repeat of last turn again <.<  Will try to edit as more info comes in if possible.

Let Nyw do his attack. If this does not prove to scare away the entity, prepare for a dive. First take my Silent Night so I get to roll at advantage. Then do the following dive, using Hel as the material roll (since that is the sphere Wiellste is being a conduit for, or at least I think that's the one).
Go to Hel (2 rolls).
Reinforce Hell with 3 rolls.
Go to Non (5 rolls).
Reinforce Non with 3 rolls.

Then, final nerve check and final stat check.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 06:38:25 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: August 19, 2018, 06:01:04 pm »

Both hands, sever the arm just above Wiellste's head, try and do it with a \ -like angle, so the water won't just flow back together.  Maybe shoulder slam the arm too, to force it away.  Nyw's priority here is Wiellste, she's in far more danger than him.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: August 19, 2018, 08:33:59 pm »

Examine the spool of wire and a gold cube more thoroughly, do they seem to just be simple components? Then go find Clate, if the spool seems to just be a simple spool of wire, I’ll give it to Clate
”Hey Clate, I figured you could probably make better use of this than I could. I’ve been thinking, do you want to start planning to work together on a more advanced project? As a start, it seems like we are a bit *ahem* short handed around here”
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: August 19, 2018, 10:05:52 pm »

"So yes, Garos. The situation's kind of weird, isn't it? They had so many means, and it's more like they're trying to recruit us into some secret society than just murder us. I mean, we have the artifact and we're still alive, and they can just get rid of us, dump the bodies outside and steer the bore back to Anvil."

Vikkan waved to Alex as he tiredly rested against the control panel. "Hey there. Come to rest and chat a bit? How are things down there?" he asked.

Still driving/chilling.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: August 19, 2018, 10:31:06 pm »

Auft rubbed her hands together eagerly. He'd fallen right into her web, and now... well, now mostly she was just going to do all the lewd things she said she'd do and then try to recruit him as a personal goon. No need to make things complicated.

Perform shameless and unspeakable sex acts on the guard, then try to recruit him as a personal thug instead of a... whatever organization he belongs to properly. The point is they don't pay in moth cuddles so they're shit.

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: August 19, 2018, 10:34:42 pm »

"And yet some of our crew are thinking of doing something about this situation. We still have these collars around our necks, so sooner or later we will find out what were their true intentions sending us there instead of simply hiring professionals to do this job."
Just chill and help the mustache driver whenever it is needed.

Hotfire90

« Reply #659 on: August 20, 2018, 06:40:28 am »

"Everything seems to be in order. So, how much luck did you two guys have looting the ruins?"

Alex takes his diamond out of his bag and shows it to Vikkan and Garos. "I found this and some other valuable things inside one of the barrels. He said, putting the diamond back into his bag.
This certainly has been a worthwhile expedition, even if it was an unplanned one."

Relax and enjoy the ride.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 231