Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 403719 times)

Hotfire90

Re: DIG: Everybody was kung fu fighting
« Reply #2700 on: March 22, 2020, 11:27:49 am »

((All the cultists have already been arrested and taken away by the police. The only thing left to do (other than looting) is to investigate that crate.))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: March 22, 2020, 11:38:04 am »

((All the cultists have already been arrested and taken away by the police. The only thing left to do (other than looting) is to investigate that crate.))
(oh. Thanks, will change action accordingly)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: March 23, 2020, 10:25:09 am »

go with the team inspeting the crate. But let them do that, just poke around the place for interesting bits and guffins while they do the inspecting.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2703 on: March 24, 2020, 12:39:08 pm »

go with the team inspeting the crate. But let them do that, just poke around the place for interesting bits and guffins while they do the inspecting.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
At the raid:
Open the crate and look inside
Wait for Adam to determine what kind of dive effect is on the crate. Instruct my phantom to help Adam out as needed.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
Give this doorway a thorough scan to check for traps, then to check for how to open it.

Should we manage to open it, examine the crate (also with regular eyes). In case it seems touching it/opening it seems dangerous due to the diving effects, see if there is a way we could cart it out of here without touching it directly. Maybe breaking up some of the (wooden?) floorboards would let us take it out? 

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
[2]
After some looking around you find that the shelf is not trapped, but is set up to be opened like a door if you find a hidden latch. You find that latch after about a half hour of searching and get the shelf to swing open, revealing the reading room beyond. The door to the reading room isn't trapped, but the box within is definitely enchanted. In fact, the diving effect is still visible on it, which is a rarity. Generally when something is enchanted, the visual effect of that enchantment fades almost immediately, only becoming visible again when the enchantment reacts, much like how the Mole's enchanted body flashed with lights when struck. But this box is wrapped in what look like golden ethereal chains, just barely visible as distorted glimmers, but still there none-the-less. The Enchantment on it must be of a tremendous force for it to still be visible like that.  No one can tell what it is by just looking at it, so moving the box may or may not be possible without effecting the enchantment. It could be rooted in place, or activate something if it moves too far away. It could, however, just be what amounts to a magical lock to prevent anyone from getting into the thing except those who its set for.

That mole would probably know.

Whatever is inside the box, it is pure nonexistance to Adam's eyes, so it must be strongly divine.

Clate, nosing around, finds some documents in a code of sorts and one of the holy books of the cult.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: March 24, 2020, 12:45:55 pm »

Maybe U can try to dispel the enchantment

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: March 24, 2020, 03:09:40 pm »

"Nice proactive thinking and certainly a possibility, but I don't think it should be the very first thing we try. Given the power behind the enchantment, as well as the fact that we don't actually know what kind of dive or effect was used or which spheres were involved, it would be a challenging dive indeed.

Now, we only dropped into this operation at the last moment of course so feel free to do as you please, but if I may make a suggestion, I would say we first try to interrogate that mole that gave us some trouble before Nyw subdued him. Perhaps he can tell us how to safely open this box, or at least give us a hint what kind of sorcery was used here. Then, us divers can work together to break these ethereal chains should it prove necessary.

If Clate lets me, take a look at those encoded documents and try to decode them. If no luck, take a look at those holy books, but first wizard eyes them just in case they also have diving protections.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 03:14:38 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: March 24, 2020, 03:48:14 pm »

"Nice proactive thinking and certainly a possibility, but I don't think it should be the very first thing we try. Given the power behind the enchantment, as well as the fact that we don't actually know what kind of dive or effect was used or which spheres were involved, it would be a challenging dive indeed.

Now, we only dropped into this operation at the last moment of course so feel free to do as you please, but if I may make a suggestion, I would say we first try to interrogate that mole that gave us some trouble before Nyw subdued him. Perhaps he can tell us how to safely open this box, or at least give us a hint what kind of sorcery was used here. Then, us divers can work together to break these ethereal chains should it prove necessary.

If Clate lets me, take a look at those encoded documents and try to decode them. If no luck, take a look at those holy books, but first wizard eyes them just in case they also have diving protections.

ok

Interrogste the mole about how to open the crate safely and what types of enchantments and dives were used on it
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 05:07:29 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Hotfire90

« Reply #2707 on: March 24, 2020, 04:44:18 pm »

"I'll have a chat with our mole. I can deliver the police the documents and get my injury treated there too."

Try to decode the documents myself, take them with me afterwards and deliver them to the police. Once there interrogate the mole about the crate, what enchantment and spheres were used and who cast them, also ask him about their leader if the police didn't interrogate him about that yet. Get my injury treated once I'm done with the interrogation.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2708 on: March 24, 2020, 06:09:34 pm »

((What's in the booooox?))

I'll keep watching the building and the area around it with my scoped rifle from my perch and stay away from the sealed box of doom, just in case it explodes into nuclear fire when opened.
EDIT: Try to offer suggestions to Clate that would help him decode that coded text he found.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 06:01:40 pm by Parisbre56 »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: It belongs in a museum!
« Reply #2709 on: March 25, 2020, 01:39:29 am »

Neither I nor Nyw feels particularly thinky, so Nyw will retroactively accompany the prisoners to the station, to keep track of them.  There was corruption in the police, so he wants to ensure they aren't just released with a slap on the wrist or something.  He'll spend his idle time chatting with them and trying to convince them that drugging the populace is a crappy thing to do.

Oh, also, what happened to that other honored dead?  The one that got hit with a blast of mole force and launched away?  He permadead?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: March 25, 2020, 11:25:15 am »

Hey guys, I found some documents and some kind of book, I think. I can't actually read though, so does anyone else want to take a look at these?]

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2711 on: March 27, 2020, 12:43:46 pm »

Hey guys, I found some documents and some kind of book, I think. I can't actually read though, so does anyone else want to take a look at these?]
((What's in the booooox?))

I'll keep watching the building and the area around it with my scoped rifle from my perch and stay away from the sealed box of doom, just in case it explodes into nuclear fire when opened.
EDIT: Try to offer suggestions to Clate that would help him decode that coded text he found.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

[6]
Adam gets the documents first and manages to decode them fairly quickly. They use a cypher based on a passage from the black book which he recognizes almost immediately.

The documents are mostly records of running of the cult. Where the money is going, who is doing what, locations of drug drop points, etc. However, there are other, more interesting things in there as well. Namely, the fact that this cult was not a naturally occurring religion, nor a scheme to get money from the residents. Instead it seems to have been a deliberate fabrication to try to destabilize the city and undermine the authority of the Church here.  And this sect wasn't the origin of the plot, it references unnamed controllers who they are sending money and information to.

ok

Interrogste the mole about how to open the crate safely and what types of enchantments and dives were used on it
"I'll have a chat with our mole. I can deliver the police the documents and get my injury treated there too."

Try to decode the documents myself, take them with me afterwards and deliver them to the police. Once there interrogate the mole about the crate, what enchantment and spheres were used and who cast them, also ask him about their leader if the police didn't interrogate him about that yet. Get my injury treated once I'm done with the interrogation.
Neither I nor Nyw feels particularly thinky, so Nyw will retroactively accompany the prisoners to the station, to keep track of them.  There was corruption in the police, so he wants to ensure they aren't just released with a slap on the wrist or something.  He'll spend his idle time chatting with them and trying to convince them that drugging the populace is a crappy thing to do.

Oh, also, what happened to that other honored dead?  The one that got hit with a blast of mole force and launched away?  He permadead?

The Honored dead that got hit by the Mole's initial strike -or rather by the pulpit launched by the strike, survived the hit. His body is heavily reinforced with metal and armor so despite the fact that his chest is partially crushed, he manged to limp away, using his pike as a crutch. He didn't seem too bothered, over all.

The police office is understandably overwhelmed by the sudden influx of prisoners and the team gets caught up in questioning, along with their police allies. As soon as they can break away and look for the mole to interrogate him, they find that he's been whisked off somewhere into the building, separated from the rest of the prisoners. They ask were he is and the officials are very slow to help, mostly saying they're either too busy or otherwise brushing them off.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: March 27, 2020, 05:50:42 pm »

((Oh hey now that the raid is done I can take some time of and focus on those porta-))

Adam gets the documents first and manages to decode them fairly quickly. They use a cypher based on a passage from the black book which he recognizes almost immediately.
The documents are mostly records of running of the cult. Where the money is going, who is doing what, locations of drug drop points, etc. However, there are other, more interesting things in there as well. Namely, the fact that this cult was not a naturally occurring religion, nor a scheme to get money from the residents. Instead it seems to have been a deliberate fabrication to try to destabilize the city and undermine the authority of the Church here.  And this sect wasn't the origin of the plot, it references unnamed controllers who they are sending money and information to.

((HERETICS DETECTED MUST PURGE))

Would it be ok to say that Adam made a quick copy of the most important/interesting parts of those documents before we handed them over, in case we want to hunt down this insidious cult later and need the info from the documents as leads?

Take a look at the holy books as well (if we still have them). What kind of filth and lies do they contain?

Use wizard eyes to locate the moleman.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: It belongs in a museum!
« Reply #2713 on: March 28, 2020, 11:38:10 pm »

The police office is understandably overwhelmed by the sudden influx of prisoners and the team gets caught up in questioning, along with their police allies. As soon as they can break away and look for the mole to interrogate him, they find that he's been whisked off somewhere into the building, separated from the rest of the prisoners. They ask were he is and the officials are very slow to help, mostly saying they're either too busy or otherwise brushing them off.

REEEEEEEEEE UNACCEPTABLE.

FIND THE MOLE.  START SLAPPING COPS IF NECESSARY.  ESCALATE IF NECESSARY.  THEY AREN'T PROTECTING THAT BASTARD, NOT ON NYW'S WATCH!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: March 29, 2020, 08:42:53 am »

If/when Nyw escalates and turns the situation into combat, assist him in the fighting using my cleaver
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 231