Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 403697 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Everybody was kung fu fighting
« Reply #2685 on: March 17, 2020, 11:35:44 am »

after the fight, would you be willing to help me find a conduit?
A difficult thing to promise. The conduits are far and few between, almost exclusively found deep within crystal ruins. However, it is my goal to further explore crystal ruins and hopefully reinstate my connection to the overmind. If we come across a place with a conduit, I'll be happy to take you along.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: March 17, 2020, 11:46:44 am »

A difficult thing to promise. The conduits are far and few between, almost exclusively found deep within crystal ruins. However, it is my goal to further explore crystal ruins and hopefully reinstate my connection to the overmind. If we come across a place with a conduit, I'll be happy to take you along.
cool. Thanks

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2687 on: March 17, 2020, 02:14:15 pm »

Use wizard eyes on moleboy, try to determine if his 'powers’ are diving-based or not. Based on that, could I determine any vulnerabilities?

If I see an opportunity to take another shot at said moleboy, do so, but not if he’s too entangled with a friendly to have a clear shot.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
You can't see him well, so he's clearly got diving woven onto him. [14] You can't pick out any sort of specific vulnerabilities though.

((This is the second time Nyw has rolled a [1] for defense, despite already having max defense skill.  It's also the second time he's rolled a [1] for any skill.  :< ))

Welp.  Hacking at him with a giant sword didn't work, but punching his wrist did... sheathe the murakumo (or drop it if I can't cheese hammerspace mechanics without penalty), then grab/grapple the mole.  Ideally, pin him facedown while holding his wrists, but failing that, bodily pick him up and throw him into Alex's phantom.  Teamwork!

...I hope wrestling counts as unarmed combat.

[10]
You take the opportunity while the Mole is distracted by his missed punch and step in, dropping the murokumo, and grab him by one wrist and the back of the neck. You sweep your heel across his legs and overbalance him, pulling and then pushing him face first onto the ground. You release his neck and grab his other wrist, pinning his arms  behind his back. He struggles under you but can't break free.

((Heh. Time for Alex's stand to fight the mole martial arts master. Maybe he's a stand user too?))

I hope you guys are fine.

Check the surrounding area, see how the inhabitants are reacting to the noise, let the team know if I spot anything noteworthy (noteworthy in the "that might try to arrest/kill/lynch you" way, not in the "oh there's a naked Ethral over there" way). If I see someone being a direct threat to the team and I have a clear shot, try to take them out, otherwise hold fire and observe for now.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
You keep an eye out. Locals are definitely noticing things right now, but none of them have rushed over or started calling for help yet. They're sort of dumbfounded by the look of it.

The wrangling team is still working to get everyone under control, but armed resistance seems to have been dealt with. No one else is throwing pulpits around at least.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: March 17, 2020, 04:42:14 pm »

Use wizard eyes to check for any fleeing cult members, especially in the back/under the building.
If nothing found, continue helping with subduing the minor cultists.

Should things be wrapped up here and my assistance not needed anymore, then go into the city and get prices for the following stuff:
A knife with a dial in it (to make a portal knife that can select its destination endpoint)
One of those easily collapsible/foldable doorways I described earlier (to act as the flexible portal endpoint)
Items/goos related to traveling or transportation that could be used as dive sacrifices. Please give me the total price both for getting enough for a +2, and the price for a +3

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2689 on: March 18, 2020, 11:08:55 am »

Hey various players and lurkers, we're having a movie night over on my discord this saturday. Movies, cartoons, etc will be streaming for most of the day, so feel free to come hang out. Just bear in mind that apparently streaming only functions via the Discord application OR chrome; we've had people on other browsers unable to see it.  If you have suggestions for stuff you want to watch, feel free to leave them so I can set it up. 

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2690 on: March 18, 2020, 06:06:17 pm »

Also keep an eye out for Ethral trying to escape by jumping away from the building. If their leaders are cornered they might try to fly.

Hotfire90

« Reply #2691 on: March 19, 2020, 05:03:09 pm »

Direct the police on the assault team to handcuff and then knock out the mole, just to be safe. Search the other three who were on the stage for any keys, notes and evidence. Direct medical attention towards them if one of them managed to survive.

Once that's done, explore the building with the assault team and look for evidence to gather and additional cultists to arrest.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2692 on: March 20, 2020, 11:39:21 am »

Direct the police on the assault team to handcuff and then knock out the mole, just to be safe. Search the other three who were on the stage for any keys, notes and evidence. Direct medical attention towards them if one of them managed to survive.

Once that's done, explore the building with the assault team and look for evidence to gather and additional cultists to arrest.

Also keep an eye out for Ethral trying to escape by jumping away from the building. If their leaders are cornered they might try to fly.

Use wizard eyes to check for any fleeing cult members, especially in the back/under the building.
If nothing found, continue helping with subduing the minor cultists.

Should things be wrapped up here and my assistance not needed anymore, then go into the city and get prices for the following stuff:
A knife with a dial in it (to make a portal knife that can select its destination endpoint)
One of those easily collapsible/foldable doorways I described earlier (to act as the flexible portal endpoint)
Items/goos related to traveling or transportation that could be used as dive sacrifices. Please give me the total price both for getting enough for a +2, and the price for a +3

The police and all members of the assault team finish up rounding up any remaining cultists and making sure mr. mole is well contained. The police head out, massive chaingang of prisoners in tow, leaving the rest of the team to examine the building. They quickly discover something, through the use of Adam's eyes. Behind of the shelves, in a former reading room, is what appears to be a large trunk or crate. Its wrapped in diving effects, so it must be important.

Adam:
Knife: 17 fathoms
Custom collapsible doorway: 30 fathoms
Sacrifices: 30 fathoms, 50 fathoms. Necessarily rare.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: March 21, 2020, 06:13:36 pm »

Give this doorway a thorough scan to check for traps, then to check for how to open it.

Should we manage to open it, examine the crate (also with regular eyes). In case it seems touching it/opening it seems dangerous due to the diving effects, see if there is a way we could cart it out of here without touching it directly. Maybe breaking up some of the (wooden?) floorboards would let us take it out? 

« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 06:16:23 pm by Radio Controlled »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: March 21, 2020, 06:18:38 pm »

(I lost track of Rhea, where is she? I asked this in the OOC thread, but no one seems to see it)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: March 21, 2020, 06:20:45 pm »

(I lost track of Rhea, where is she? I asked this in the OOC thread, but no one seems to see it)

((Oh, sorry, must have missed it. I think it is safe to assume she is either on the bore, or together with the rest of the team at the location of the raid.))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: March 21, 2020, 06:25:21 pm »

(what’s going on in the bore right now? Also cancel
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Use my cleaver on the mole if Clate’s rock pellets don’t do what is intended
this[/size]
Will put action here when I know what is happening on the bore, as that is where I think she is. Is that ok?)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: March 21, 2020, 06:30:21 pm »

(what’s going on in the bore right now? Also cancel
Use my cleaver on the mole if Clate’s rock pellets don’t do what is intended
this[/size]
Will put action here when I know what is happening on the bore, as that is where I think she is. Is that ok?)

((I think nothing much is going on on the bore. Personally, I think you could either help us finish this raid, or run whatever errands you'd like to run in the city.))

Hotfire90

« Reply #2698 on: March 22, 2020, 09:10:09 am »

Wait for Adam to determine what kind of dive effect is on the crate. Instruct my phantom to help Adam out as needed.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: March 22, 2020, 10:57:02 am »

At the raid:
Open the crate and look inside
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 11:38:42 am by Naturegirl1999 »
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 231