Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 403713 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: DIG: It belongs in a museum!
« Reply #2640 on: February 26, 2020, 07:52:04 am »

If the bore has been repaired enough to be able to drill:  I say he makes his way east and we drill down to meet him there and make a Moon pool. Better to do this in the isolation the fault line will provide.

If the bore has not been repaired enough to be able to drill: I say have him make his way close to Chamel and then smash a small hole for him to rest in. When the bore is ready, we'll go get him and if there's a problem he can just ditch the loot and come join us.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: February 26, 2020, 07:59:27 am »

hey, Adam, what pathways would I take for diving to make it so I can hear the thoughts of the crystal creature I found and the crystal creature hearing my thoughts as well?

Hotfire90

« Reply #2642 on: February 26, 2020, 11:43:57 am »

Before I try to convince them to join our raid, look up the members of the local government first, find out how they look like and then determine whether they are part of the cult or not.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2643 on: February 27, 2020, 11:47:25 am »

Or we can assume going blind and hoping he finds a good place on his own and then you track him down. However, remember that radio doesn't really work without open space or transmission cables. Its not gonna go through miles of solid stone.

Could Adam keep track of him by using wizard eyes? After all, they can look through solid matter and seem to be capable of zooming, right? The idea being that Clate could dig to somewhere below the Silversmith path (but without emerging to stay hidden), then we take the bore and go to him to collect our stuff.

Alternatively/in addition to, could I try to use a dive to put a sort of 'tracker' on him to allow us to easily locate him (or for Adam to know in what direction to look for him)? Or perhaps enchant an item to act as a sort of 'Clate detector'? It doesn't need to be extremely precise, and not even all that far-ranged since we'll know he's somewhere under the silversmith path.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
He could, sure. I just want to know where he's going so I can see how hard or easy it would be to get there and what the results of failed rolls would be. If beneath the silversmith path is your goal, thats fine.

Ready to go on your command; I'd just make sure that everyone is ready to run and or play their part because otherwise we might have someone obviously still looting artifacts while this is happening and blowing the entire plan. Or just standing around. Of course we can also just auto them. Whatever works for me since I assume you want to get this done Soon. I do as well.

If the bore has been repaired enough to be able to drill:  I say he makes his way east and we drill down to meet him there and make a Moon pool. Better to do this in the isolation the fault line will provide.

If the bore has not been repaired enough to be able to drill: I say have him make his way close to Chamel and then smash a small hole for him to rest in. When the bore is ready, we'll go get him and if there's a problem he can just ditch the loot and come join us.

Its good enough to drill. Still has that...thing inside it but its been patched up around it.

Before I try to convince them to join our raid, look up the members of the local government first, find out how they look like and then determine whether they are part of the cult or not.

The big issue seems to be that one of the adherents is the "Minister of Law Enforcement and Ordinances", basically the guy who controls the police and a lot of law making.  There are a few other highly placed individuals but in terms of your biggest issue, it is likely that guy.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: February 27, 2020, 12:24:58 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Follow whatever plan the group came up with while making sure the crystal egg creature is safe

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: February 27, 2020, 04:51:35 pm »

Personally, I am basically fine with either plan. I think keeping the bore away from the lavatubes is much safer (no chance to accidentally drill too far and plunge in or something), and Clate being close to the path should make it more easy for us to locate and retrieve him (or vice versa) so that has my vote. But I'm not gonna veto the moon pool idea either really.

Either way, as soon as The Heist starts, try to use wizard eyes to keep track of where Clate is going. Be sure to tell him he can put writing on his body and rotate around if he wants to message us at some point. Have a teammate drag me around since I won't have much immediate situational awareness, and to pinch my hand if I need to refocus my attention to the here and now in case the moths get suspicious or whatever.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: February 28, 2020, 09:09:30 am »

We are not getting paid enough for this.

Nyw is going to look for other Honored Dead in the city.  This raid is too much for just two adventurers, and if even the head of the head of the police force is controlled, going to the police is very, very risky.  So at this point the only safe options are waiting for the rest of the gang to return, and to look for those who are (the closest to) uncorruptable.

Hotfire90

« Reply #2647 on: February 29, 2020, 12:24:47 pm »

Go on with convincing the police to join our raid. Argue that the infiltrated government positions are the reason why the raid isn't being authorized, that they're likely to be part of the top leadership of the cult and that one of them might even be their leader.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2648 on: March 01, 2020, 03:32:33 am »

The Fault. Southeast. No need for him to risk climbing or navigating forks, no need for him to dig. Just float down and go as far east as he can. Then he can just periodically emit radio signals while we dig for him. And we also get to see new places, so that's a plus.

Anyway, proceed with plan "massive distraction". Try to avoid turning it into "massive destruction" or " massive loss of life" though. We're thieves archeologists, not murderers.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: March 01, 2020, 12:01:17 pm »

Follow Kara's direction for the heist plan

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: March 01, 2020, 12:14:37 pm »

”So,let me get this straight, while I was gone you all are planning on stealing stuff? Sounds like that’s the plan, so I’m in. What do I need to do? Also can someone who knows more about diving please tell me what spheres other than Yengenze I will need, if any, to make it so me and this crystal egg creature can hear each others’ thoughts? I will of course wait until we are done with the heist to do this”

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: March 01, 2020, 01:27:02 pm »

”So,let me get this straight, while I was gone you all are planning on stealing stuff? Sounds like that’s the plan, so I’m in. What do I need to do? Also can someone who knows more about diving please tell me what spheres other than Yengenze I will need, if any, to make it so me and this crystal egg creature can hear each others’ thoughts? I will of course wait until we are done with the heist to do this”

((Sorry for not responding earlier, I saw the post but couldn't respond at that moment.))

"Well, sister Rhea, we've loaded up what we need and are about to set the plan in motion, so for now the main thing to do is to act surprised and pretend you had no idea what is going on. And to not say anything you're not supposed to to the moths, of course, so watch your words.

While I am trying to keep an eye on Clate I will have little situational awareness, so you can help out by guiding me around, and warning me if I need to focus again on the here and now.

As for your question, I think perhaps Xi could be of use? To summon the thoughts of one of you into the mind of the other, as it were. That said, I would suggest to first have Clate investigate that egg of yours to ensure it carries the spark of life and mind, or there will be little to talk to. And even if it does, we have to consider if its thoughts would even be intelligible to your mind and vice versa! Cause if not, some sort of translation would also be required."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: March 01, 2020, 01:36:25 pm »

((Sorry for not responding earlier, I saw the post but couldn't respond at that moment.))

"Well, sister Rhea, we've loaded up what we need and are about to set the plan in motion, so for now the main thing to do is to act surprised and pretend you had no idea what is going on. And to not say anything you're not supposed to to the moths, of course, so watch your words.

While I am trying to keep an eye on Clate I will have little situational awareness, so you can help out by guiding me around, and warning me if I need to focus again on the here and now.

As for your question, I think perhaps Xi could be of use? To summon the thoughts of one of you into the mid of the other, as it were. That said, I would suggest to first have Clate investigate that egg of you to ensure it carries the spark of life and mind, or there will be little to talk to. And even if it does, we have to consider if its thoughts would even be intelligible to your mind and vice versa! Cause if not, some sort of translation would also be required."

(it’s fine)
”Thank you. I shouldn’t have trouble acting surprised, given I didn’t hear pieces of it, I can help with guiding you. When we get back to the bore, then we can have Clate investigate the egg”
Guide Adam wherever we are going. If things get dicey, snap him out of Wizard Eyes to help him perceive the threat(s)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2653 on: March 01, 2020, 01:52:47 pm »

Go on with convincing the police to join our raid. Argue that the infiltrated government positions are the reason why the raid isn't being authorized, that they're likely to be part of the top leadership of the cult and that one of them might even be their leader.
[8]
We are not getting paid enough for this.

Nyw is going to look for other Honored Dead in the city.  This raid is too much for just two adventurers, and if even the head of the head of the police force is controlled, going to the police is very, very risky.  So at this point the only safe options are waiting for the rest of the gang to return, and to look for those who are (the closest to) uncorruptable.

[11]

Alex manages to convince a dozen or so officers to go against orders in light of the clear conflict of interest he discovered. They get loaded up with armor and weapons and get ready to roll on his go ahead. Meanwhile Nyw does actually manage to find a single other Honoured dead in the city. He is, however, clearly quite old and nearing "Retirement". He's missing an arm and part of his face, a lot of his body is held together with what look like gold plated reinforcements and armor pieces. He walks with a limp that indicates one of his legs is false as well.  He of course agrees to fight, but how well he will do is hard to say.

Follow Kara's direction for the heist plan

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
Follow whatever plan the group came up with while making sure the crystal egg creature is safe
Personally, I am basically fine with either plan. I think keeping the bore away from the lavatubes is much safer (no chance to accidentally drill too far and plunge in or something), and Clate being close to the path should make it more easy for us to locate and retrieve him (or vice versa) so that has my vote. But I'm not gonna veto the moon pool idea either really.

Either way, as soon as The Heist starts, try to use wizard eyes to keep track of where Clate is going. Be sure to tell him he can put writing on his body and rotate around if he wants to message us at some point. Have a teammate drag me around since I won't have much immediate situational awareness, and to pinch my hand if I need to refocus my attention to the here and now in case the moths get suspicious or whatever.

The Fault. Southeast. No need for him to risk climbing or navigating forks, no need for him to dig. Just float down and go as far east as he can. Then he can just periodically emit radio signals while we dig for him. And we also get to see new places, so that's a plus.

Anyway, proceed with plan "massive distraction". Try to avoid turning it into "massive destruction" or " massive loss of life" though. We're thieves archeologists, not murderers.

As for your question, I think perhaps Xi could be of use? To summon the thoughts of one of you into the mid of the other, as it were. That said, I would suggest to first have Clate investigate that egg of you to ensure it carries the spark of life and mind, or there will be little to talk to. And even if it does, we have to consider if its thoughts would even be intelligible to your mind and vice versa! Cause if not, some sort of translation would also be required."

(it’s fine)
”Thank you. I shouldn’t have trouble acting surprised, given I didn’t hear pieces of it, I can help with guiding you. When we get back to the bore, then we can have Clate investigate the egg”
Guide Adam wherever we are going. If things get dicey, snap him out of Wizard Eyes to help him perceive the threat(s)

Clate gets into the big crystal mover that has been filled with all manner of ill gotten gains and shuts it. This is the point where he begins to wonder if the inside of the mover will remain cool enough to protect the contents. He and the mover will be fine but all this stuff...hopefully its well insulated in here. He settles into the center of the horde of treasure, clinging to the roof, and waits.

Meanwhile Kara gets a good position in the depot and everyone else on the team prepares to move. After mentally figuring out the best combination of movements and commands and practicing it a few times, Kara begins. She rapidly commands each mover to head off in a different direction. Some she tells to just move a short distance and stop, others to just keep moving, others to go to some particular place and stop. She attempts to make it all seem entirely random.  As she commands the last one, and with the depot already starting to crumble as its vehicles smash out through the walls, she joins up with the group and runs for it. The panic is not entirely false as they dodge through the legs of the walkers and try to avoid being crushed in debris.

A little while later and the entire group is standing in an office in front of a every irate Ethral, with about a dozen armed guards on either wall.  Adam has a bandage over his eyes and is being lead around as though somehow blinded -though anyone who watched him carefully would see his head slowly tracking something far below. To most though he just seems to be staring at his feet. 

[5]

Kara is the one chosen to explain the actions of the group and she spins a partially fictious story about getting seperated from the expedition crew, exploring on their own, picking up a few things and then accidently activating the Movers when they entered that building.  She even proffers infomation about about places they found and some artifacts as combination proof and bribe.  The Site manager, who looked like he was close to enforcing capital punishment when they were first brought to him, is talked down to great annoyance instead. He rants at them about the issues they caused, how much paper work it will result in, and how many new tags they'll need to properly organize everything. In the end he bans them from the site and tells them to leave, having them shuttled up the massive elevator and back out onto the streets of Chamel with a wave.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2654 on: March 01, 2020, 03:52:20 pm »

"Well then. I guess that went as well as can be expected."

((My thinking was that the mover and its content would be kept safe by the energy absorbing properties of the crystal material that allowed the buildings in our first expedition to survive being dipped in magma, which is why I asked to test if this was true by using my lighter on one of the movers. Though I guess they might not be made of the same material as the buildings or maybe the heat down there is strong enough that it might get overwhelmed.))

Go help the bore crew find Clate, I guess.

"Hey guys. We had a very productive expedition. I'll let you know all about it later. We just gotta go pick up Clate. Need any help with whatever it is you're doing? Or can we take the bore to go dig him out?"

« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 06:02:30 pm by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 231