Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 404637 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #1950 on: June 05, 2019, 02:27:31 am »

Hmmm. Looking back yeah, thats right.  Did the Ethral ever quote you a rate or anything? If not I'll just give you something. 

We got this offer before:

They'll hire you, however what they can offer depends on what you want. The job isn't particularly mind blowing so don't expect some really great info or something but more mundane info and some pay might be fine. Or no info and a larger amount of pay. How much would basically depend on expenses and efficency. They offer 500 as a start with more if you do it well. 

Assuming we take all of our pay as cash, how much does that net us?

Apart from this: suppose Adam wanted to arrange a meeting with spiritwalker Leon, where would he need to go to have it, or what arrangements woud need to be made? And related to this, consider how likely it is the church would pull a (proverbial or literal) sack over my head and abscond with me to study what the messenger did to me against my will?

I would not mind doing some tit for tat. The Antediluvians interest this one as well. However, as I am sure you understand, I am quite eager to delve into the secrets of the crystal race. Should an opportunity present itself to embark into a crystal ruin, I cannot allow such a chance to pass me by.

"Of course, I understand that. We must each of us walk our own path. If that means that at some points our paths must diverge, then so be it."

Adam's hand catches AsHul's attention as he reaches to pat AsHul's shoulder. The black veins hint at the truth of Adam's words.
"I would love to hear all you are willing to share of your encounter, Brother, and to discuss our pilgrimages at length.

It seems God has granted us an abundance of work to set our hands to, with Clate's Quest to unlock the secrets of stone, Adam's to unlock the secrets of the Messengers, and our more mundane assignments to keep us rooted in humility, so long as we are bound to the plane of Akhmah. I feel my heart calling me after you, Brother Adam, yet I cannot ignore the call of my vision mates as well. Let us gather the crew and discuss our options. After all, as you say, Adam: God's gifts do not fall to individuals to be spent selfishly alone, but one for another, that we might descend together."

"You are right, we should indeed convene with our allies posthaste and find out whether they are up to the task of exploring those tunnels. As for a deeper discussion about the vision, the short of it is that we encountered a Messenger as it was hailing the arrival and construction of the new holy sites. After some meditation, I identified myself to it and we connected. It gave me a vision, and left me with the ability to see things for what they are. However, I must admit I still have a lot of questions myself, and would like to consult one more knowledgeable than myself to gain further comprehension into what transpired, so let us pick this up again in the future."

Then he gets on the radio and hails all of the current members of their group:
“Could all of you convene at our hangar, or if not, stay tuned to your radios for a bit? We would like to discuss what our next move should be."

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 03:13:06 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: CAWtastrophe
« Reply #1952 on: June 06, 2019, 07:33:36 am »

"I remain at the service of our team ... gang? Perhaps 'company' would best describe our organization. Perhaps we shold formalize that, wiht a name. Something like, "The Downward Spiral." to denote our adventurous spirit, or 'The Shattered Conglomerate" do show how, though we are many, and diverse, we are yet one group. Or again, mayhap "Guided Chaos, Ltd" to show that we face many uncertainties, but with forethought and planning, we bring it under control.

Anyway, I will be here at the warehouse. meditating, while everyone is busy settling in from the journey.

If my hand is functional, let's play songs 4 (short boring interlude), song 6 (saucy dance tune), and song 7 (normal song) using, first, the haunted bone guitar, and then the crystal guitar.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1953 on: June 06, 2019, 07:52:38 am »

((Heh. I want the Cthonic's martial art to really be called SEKRITS OF PIOUS PUNCHING!))

Kara shuddered at the sight of the clearly unnatural being before her, her feathers puffing out instinctively. She tried to calm herself and continue her line of inquiry, though she found herself glancing towards the door to make sure her escape route was clear.

Kara didn't want to force a confrontation. She wasn't certain how that thing would react, so she tried to be indirect in her inquiry, giving it the opportunity to refuse without the need to resort to violence. Really, she was just betting on that thing's politeness (or at least something similar to what the races of the underworld called politeness), that social impulse to avoid conflict unless necessary, since any confrontation with it would most likely end badly for her.

"Erm... How about information? Would you be willing to provide me with information in exchange for something? You see, I have... lost something, erm, or rather, given it as payment... So if I am to recover it... I have the feeling you might be my best hope about receiving that information. I'd understand if you refuse but, please, would you be able to help me?"

Continue talking.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: June 06, 2019, 09:44:30 am »

Guess I'll wander around aimlessly again, maybe check out what the rest of the team is doing. Can't do much else as a fighter that doesn't have anyone to fight against. If this streak of bad luck and lack of fights continue, I might even start considering the idea of returning to Quiet Grind.

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1955 on: June 06, 2019, 11:42:07 am »

I can’t remember, are there any Ethral locations in this city? In any case, hang out at the warehouse for a bit, then go see how much gun components would cost in town. Also, do we have the capability of making all the parts necessary to make guns from scratch?
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
There's an ethral presence in the city, yes. Not a big one but there is a local archive.  As per gun stuff, I would say that yes you can make most things from scratch, but we're gonna have to go on a per case basis here or via already established recipes since I don't want to give a blanket statement on pricing or availability.

Drett, dusting his hands off from the finishing touches of his newly crafted toys, steps outside to greet the bore crew.

Ah, welcome back everyone! I hope you are all well. We had plenty of... Unique experiences ourselves.

Greet crew. Check the medical bay and whatever crew comes in for a check-up.

Drett.

Drett wanders out and offers to perform "Check ups" on whoever wants them.

The medical bay is basically a relatively well stocked room with medical goods and instruments; just about everything you need to perform any operation that's not major and specialized surgery. 

Nyw will visit that flophouse, and completely unsubtly walk in and ask if anyone owes a debt to "John the Knee Breaker".  He'll hold up the pouch of 100 fathoms that he just got paid, stating that he has no intent to harm or interfere with anyone else, and will reward anyone who assists him.

Punch out anyone who decides to attack a heavily armed and armored Honored Dead, and if Johnny boy is already there, grab him then stomp on one of his kneecaps to shatter it, because he's a flight risk, and because karma's a bitch.

Nyw walks into the flophouse and immediately produces the 100 fathoms he just earned.
[11]
He gets a lot of responses from the scattered addicts; they immediately start scrambling across the dilapidated room, offering stories of how they were abused and how they'll help. They also interject with seemingly unrelated cries of just needing a little money or how they're trying to get back on their feet. It rapidly becomes obvious that they'll say just about anything as long as it gets them some money.

Hmmm. Looking back yeah, thats right.  Did the Ethral ever quote you a rate or anything? If not I'll just give you something. 

We got this offer before:

They'll hire you, however what they can offer depends on what you want. The job isn't particularly mind blowing so don't expect some really great info or something but more mundane info and some pay might be fine. Or no info and a larger amount of pay. How much would basically depend on expenses and efficency. They offer 500 as a start with more if you do it well. 

Assuming we take all of our pay as cash, how much does that net us?

Apart from this: suppose Adam wanted to arrange a meeting with spiritwalker Leon, where would he need to go to have it, or what arrangements woud need to be made? And related to this, consider how likely it is the church would pull a (proverbial or literal) sack over my head and abscond with me to study what the messenger did to me against my will?

I would not mind doing some tit for tat. The Antediluvians interest this one as well. However, as I am sure you understand, I am quite eager to delve into the secrets of the crystal race. Should an opportunity present itself to embark into a crystal ruin, I cannot allow such a chance to pass me by.

"Of course, I understand that. We must each of us walk our own path. If that means that at some points our paths must diverge, then so be it."

Adam's hand catches AsHul's attention as he reaches to pat AsHul's shoulder. The black veins hint at the truth of Adam's words.
"I would love to hear all you are willing to share of your encounter, Brother, and to discuss our pilgrimages at length.

It seems God has granted us an abundance of work to set our hands to, with Clate's Quest to unlock the secrets of stone, Adam's to unlock the secrets of the Messengers, and our more mundane assignments to keep us rooted in humility, so long as we are bound to the plane of Akhmah. I feel my heart calling me after you, Brother Adam, yet I cannot ignore the call of my vision mates as well. Let us gather the crew and discuss our options. After all, as you say, Adam: God's gifts do not fall to individuals to be spent selfishly alone, but one for another, that we might descend together."

"You are right, we should indeed convene with our allies posthaste and find out whether they are up to the task of exploring those tunnels. As for a deeper discussion about the vision, the short of it is that we encountered a Messenger as it was hailing the arrival and construction of the new holy sites. After some meditation, I identified myself to it and we connected. It gave me a vision, and left me with the ability to see things for what they are. However, I must admit I still have a lot of questions myself, and would like to consult one more knowledgeable than myself to gain further comprehension into what transpired, so let us pick this up again in the future."

Then he gets on the radio and hails all of the current members of their group:
“Could all of you convene at our hangar, or if not, stay tuned to your radios for a bit? We would like to discuss what our next move should be."

I'd say 500 since we basically time skipped it.

Well, they told you to meet him in Empyrean, so the easiest way to meet him would be to go there and ask where they told you he was.  As per the whole captured for scientific purposes...There are living saints around who are free so you think the more likely event would be them actively canonizing you and then keeping a very close eye on you until you die naturally, at which point they'll steal your body.

"I remain at the service of our team ... gang? Perhaps 'company' would best describe our organization. Perhaps we shold formalize that, wiht a name. Something like, "The Downward Spiral." to denote our adventurous spirit, or 'The Shattered Conglomerate" do show how, though we are many, and diverse, we are yet one group. Or again, mayhap "Guided Chaos, Ltd" to show that we face many uncertainties, but with forethought and planning, we bring it under control.

Anyway, I will be here at the warehouse. meditating, while everyone is busy settling in from the journey.

If my hand is functional, let's play songs 4 (short boring interlude), song 6 (saucy dance tune), and song 7 (normal song) using, first, the haunted bone guitar, and then the crystal guitar.

[16][11][10]
The first song is a fumble, but the next two are better. They definitely sound different on both guitars: The crystal guitar makes them sound ethereal and distant while the haunted guitar makes them sound oddly sinister. But neither creates any sort of supernatural effects.

((Heh. I want the Cthonic's martial art to really be called SEKRITS OF PIOUS PUNCHING!))

Kara shuddered at the sight of the clearly unnatural being before her, her feathers puffing out instinctively. She tried to calm herself and continue her line of inquiry, though she found herself glancing towards the door to make sure her escape route was clear.

Kara didn't want to force a confrontation. She wasn't certain how that thing would react, so she tried to be indirect in her inquiry, giving it the opportunity to refuse without the need to resort to violence. Really, she was just betting on that thing's politeness (or at least something similar to what the races of the underworld called politeness), that social impulse to avoid conflict unless necessary, since any confrontation with it would most likely end badly for her.

"Erm... How about information? Would you be willing to provide me with information in exchange for something? You see, I have... lost something, erm, or rather, given it as payment... So if I am to recover it... I have the feeling you might be my best hope about receiving that information. I'd understand if you refuse but, please, would you be able to help me?"

Continue talking.

Polyantha grins too wide.

"For a price, all things are possible, and all things are possible, but with their price."

Guess I'll wander around aimlessly again, maybe check out what the rest of the team is doing. Can't do much else as a fighter that doesn't have anyone to fight against. If this streak of bad luck and lack of fights continue, I might even start considering the idea of returning to Quiet Grind.

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)

Well, if you want a fight I suggest tagging along with Nyw. He's gonna get into a fight soon.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: June 06, 2019, 03:39:06 pm »

[PLACEHOLDER TEXT TO BE REPLACED WITH PAYMENT STUFF]
Transport mission people, take a looksie here pls: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=171145.msg7980127#msg7980127

Well, they told you to meet him in Empyrean, so the easiest way to meet him would be to go there and ask where they told you he was.  As per the whole captured for scientific purposes...There are living saints around who are free so you think the more likely event would be them actively canonizing you and then keeping a very close eye on you until you die naturally, at which point they'll steal your body.

Send out a message for Deepwalker Leon to request a personal meeting with him. Mention that it is about the recent arrival of the Messenger, but don't mention anything more for now.

(Question: any actual meeting would probably take a bit, since it'd require some back-and-forth, so would it in principle be ok to do this over pm should the opportunity arrive, so as not to hold up the game for the other players?)

« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 03:47:07 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: June 06, 2019, 07:04:42 pm »

"Payment will be rendered once I have detained John the Kneebreaker."

Hold the money very securely, and above head height, to ensure nobody grabs at it.  Fools who try will be shoved away and admonished.  Otherwise, step into the building and wait; if anyone tries to leave, politely ask them to stay, and if they refuse, grab them and drag them back in--then stick a few fathoms in their mouth and repeat the request, firmly, while forcing them to sit down next to Nyw.

If Johhny boy appears, grab him and stomp his knee.  If he doesn't appear, wait wait wait until people start getting hungry.  Honored Dead are good at that.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: June 06, 2019, 07:37:46 pm »

collect the payment that was agreed to in the OOC (180 fathoms).

Head over to Polyantha, wait for her to be alone if she has company, then give her 100 fathoms and my own severed eye. (Will subtract from my sheet after transaction is confirmed)

I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: CAWtastrophe
« Reply #1959 on: June 06, 2019, 08:14:37 pm »

Play Song 1 (Gold Vision) using, first, the haunted bone guitar, and then the crystal guitar.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: June 06, 2019, 08:23:23 pm »

Tanau wanders into the first vaguely hospitable looking bar she can find in Anvil.

She reaches into her pocket and procures two 1 Fathom coins. Rubbing them together nervously, she emits an unhappy groan.

"Bartender! Do you sell any intoxicating beverages for this many coins?"

Tanau hold up a pair of fathoms, hoping she's not too poor to get drunk tonight.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1961 on: June 07, 2019, 07:30:22 am »

"A-a statement any corven would agree with." Kara agreed, even as she took a trembling step backwards.
"However corven also say that the value of things is relative. So, erm, we should determine what has value to you and what I would be willing to trade, yes? I, erm-"
Kara rooted around in her pockets and produced one of the golden fragments from the messenger path, raising it next to her head so that the thing could see it.
"I got this from the new messenger path. We will be returning there soon. Would something that can be found there interest you?"

Continue talking

« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 07:32:39 am by Parisbre56 »

Hotfire90

« Reply #1962 on: June 07, 2019, 02:57:38 pm »

Head out and try to find Nyw.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: June 08, 2019, 11:52:40 am »

"Ah, much better than what I had in the dream," Drett murmurs aloud, cleaning the space and tidying up, "Of course, it would be difficult to cart around an entire medical ward on-foot."

Wait around on bore to go mission. Continue offering checkups. Perform personal checkup to look for anomalous effects due to vision dreaming.

Drett, team Doktor.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1964 on: June 09, 2019, 12:31:22 pm »

[PLACEHOLDER TEXT TO BE REPLACED WITH PAYMENT STUFF]
Transport mission people, take a looksie here pls: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=171145.msg7980127#msg7980127

Send out a message for Deepwalker Leon to request a personal meeting with him. Mention that it is about the recent arrival of the Messenger, but don't mention anything more for now.

(Question: any actual meeting would probably take a bit, since it'd require some back-and-forth, so would it in principle be ok to do this over pm should the opportunity arrive, so as not to hold up the game for the other players?)

You head to the local messaging office and get them to send off an official message to Leon, along with a duplicate of the credentials you were given.  They tell you it may be a bit before an answer returns.

"Payment will be rendered once I have detained John the Kneebreaker."

Hold the money very securely, and above head height, to ensure nobody grabs at it.  Fools who try will be shoved away and admonished.  Otherwise, step into the building and wait; if anyone tries to leave, politely ask them to stay, and if they refuse, grab them and drag them back in--then stick a few fathoms in their mouth and repeat the request, firmly, while forcing them to sit down next to Nyw.

If Johhny boy appears, grab him and stomp his knee.  If he doesn't appear, wait wait wait until people start getting hungry.  Honored Dead are good at that.

Wrangling a bunch of addicts and making them behave is relatively difficult, but after a series of admonishing strikes and some firmly worded instructions they finally settle down. You sit down and wait for a while....several hours later, after several more addicts have come and been...is held hostage the right phrase? Detained in the service of justice sounds better. After several more addicts have come and been detained in the service of justice, a new man appears. You recognize his face immediately and he seems to recognize your purpose just as quick.
[1]
You launch yourself off from the wall, losing hold of your bag of coins, and slam directly into the man as he tries to turn and run.
[19]
You attempt to drive a foot down onto his knee but miss as he worms around under you. Your movements box him in, even if they fail to hit.

collect the payment that was agreed to in the OOC (180 fathoms).

Head over to Polyantha, wait for her to be alone if she has company, then give her 100 fathoms and my own severed eye. (Will subtract from my sheet after transaction is confirmed)

You sit around outside and wait for Kara to finish.

"A-a statement any corven would agree with." Kara agreed, even as she took a trembling step backwards.
"However corven also say that the value of things is relative. So, erm, we should determine what has value to you and what I would be willing to trade, yes? I, erm-"
Kara rooted around in her pockets and produced one of the golden fragments from the messenger path, raising it next to her head so that the thing could see it.
"I got this from the new messenger path. We will be returning there soon. Would something that can be found there interest you?"

Continue talking

She looks at you with cold dispassionate eyes. "Circuitry of the divine interests me little. To seek that which is given is blasphemy. Grant me a blasphemy in return"

Play Song 1 (Gold Vision) using, first, the haunted bone guitar, and then the crystal guitar.

[11][1] Weapon skill guitar 1/3 improvement
The first play on the bone guitar shows what looks like organic life, as it illuminates all living creatures around you.  The crystal guitar seems to have a similar gold sensing effect as the original.

Tanau wanders into the first vaguely hospitable looking bar she can find in Anvil.

She reaches into her pocket and procures two 1 Fathom coins. Rubbing them together nervously, she emits an unhappy groan.

"Bartender! Do you sell any intoxicating beverages for this many coins?"

Tanau hold up a pair of fathoms, hoping she's not too poor to get drunk tonight.
The bartender offers you an entire bottle of what can only be called Rotgut. Its borderline industrial solvent but boy is it effective at getting people drunk quick. It is generally stored in metal drums and is occasionally mistaken for bore fuel. It works about as well.

Head out and try to find Nyw.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
You find Nyw outside a flophouse, struggling with a gangster while addicts sprint away with handfuls of fathoms.

Huh.

"Ah, much better than what I had in the dream," Drett murmurs aloud, cleaning the space and tidying up, "Of course, it would be difficult to cart around an entire medical ward on-foot."

Wait around on bore to go mission. Continue offering checkups. Perform personal checkup to look for anomalous effects due to vision dreaming.

Drett, team Doktor.

"Free check ups! SERIOUSLY! FREEEEE! Come on people!"

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 231