Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 154981 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star
« Reply #1215 on: May 29, 2020, 11:15:50 am »

We could fly up, so they can’t reach us

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: May 29, 2020, 11:25:41 am »

Ambient exterior temperature at 4000k
Quote from: Google Says
4000K = 3726.85 C
Quote from: Google also says
The melting point of stainless steel is 1510 C
Quote from: Google even says
Of all metals in pure form, tungsten has the highest melting point 3,422 °C
The surface temperature of Betelgeuse the red giant star is 3500 K
The temperature is what? Excuse me?

Um, I just got meta-informed about an Ant army? Do I see anything about this on the displays before me?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 12:49:18 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: May 29, 2020, 12:28:01 pm »

Yaaaay.  If they follow me, I can bring back many of them!

Chirp happily at the prospect of fighting.  Drop the corpse so it's easier to get aloft.

Puff up some so my scales go pointy-edge out and I float on the liquid rock more easily.  Then, try to move quickly and get airborne again.  Try to mostly weather attacks for now, as the plasmabreath will probably melt the makeshift ash furnace.

Also..

(Well, that is the plane of stars and radiance.)

(Furthermore, it was stated as being hot enough to overcome Freddy's heat resistance, at least some of the time.  His breath weapon is about 3000k, so he could probably take that at least for a time.)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 12:33:40 pm by Devastator »

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: May 29, 2020, 11:45:55 pm »

Great. Another horde attack.

Look for a way to eliminate the oncoming threat if it becomes necessary

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: May 30, 2020, 08:44:31 pm »

Get up, take a deep breath, and come out of the closet.   

...What? The janitorial closet I'm literally hiding in. Ugh.
Anyway, have a look around, see where I am and if anything's going on. Actually, maybe grab some cleaning supplies or w/e on my way out, so if anyone asks I can pretend I was doing something useful in there as opposed to, you know, hiding.   

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: May 31, 2020, 07:57:36 pm »

((So we need to transport this place back while somehow dealing with creatures capable of surviving in this heat))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: May 31, 2020, 09:07:03 pm »

((I'm not sure.  I think there will be some core or object you have the tools to manipulate, and there's a chamber inside the bug-ship build to hold it.  But yes, dealing with those creatures.

..also why Freddie didn't want to come along.  Firebreath isn't going to do anything against those.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: June 07, 2020, 06:17:02 pm »

((Yeah, similar concern here as well. my character can't really do anything here. All that really matters is what the ship as a whole does, and that's generally gonna be better managed by an individual with a plan instead of by some collective. So I'm just kinda burning time and waiting.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: June 07, 2020, 07:17:52 pm »

((Well.. you are on the weapons and there's an ant army coming at you.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: June 07, 2020, 10:20:08 pm »

((... the fact that the ant army is news to me is a sign of my lack of involvment / interest in this scenario. I should probably get back to the weapons station...))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: June 08, 2020, 12:35:20 pm »

Run away!
We could fly up, so they can’t reach us
You fly up and over the ant army. They are still in between yo uand the wooden door you were trying to get through, but they can't reach you until you land.

Ambient exterior temperature at 4000k
Quote from: Google Says
4000K = 3726.85 C
The melting point of stainless steel is 1510 C
Quote from: Google even says
Of all metals in pure form, tungsten has the highest melting point 3,422 °C
The surface temperature of Betelgeuse the red giant star is 3500 K
The temperature is what? Excuse me?

Um, I just got meta-informed about an Ant army? Do I see anything about this on the displays before me?
You pull up a temperature schematic. The hell is "Star Steel?" (1) you touch an icon to learn more, and the schematic disappears. Where ... how ... what?

Yes. the displays show a small tactical map with a series of dots indicating individual ants. a schematic off to the side shows a 3d model of one of the ants, in low detail, along with some guesses as to the enemy's resistance to various types of damage, like heat (probably immune) explosive (probably resistant), impact (probably relatively weak), cutting (probably resistant in general, weak at the joints.

Great. Another horde attack.

Look for a way to eliminate the oncoming threat if it becomes necessary
(2) you can't think of anything off the top of your head. Maybe make friends with them?

Get up, take a deep breath, and come out of the closet.   

...What? The janitorial closet I'm literally hiding in. Ugh.
Anyway, have a look around, see where I am and if anything's going on. Actually, maybe grab some cleaning supplies or w/e on my way out, so if anyone asks I can pretend I was doing something useful in there as opposed to, you know, hiding.   

(4) You wander around the ship for a while, idly mopping and in general trying to look inconspicuous. You end up in a big-ass cargo bay with some kind of giant claw thing i nteh middle. "Gonna need some clean mop water" you mutter, eying the dust in the air suspiciously.

Yaaaay.  If they follow me, I can bring back many of them!

Chirp happily at the prospect of fighting.  Drop the corpse so it's easier to get aloft.

Puff up some so my scales go pointy-edge out and I float on the liquid rock more easily.  Then, try to move quickly and get airborne again.  Try to mostly weather attacks for now, as the plasmabreath will probably melt the makeshift ash furnace.

Also..

(Well, that is the plane of stars and radiance.)

(Furthermore, it was stated as being hot enough to overcome Freddy's heat resistance, at least some of the time.  His breath weapon is about 3000k, so he could probably take that at least for a time.)
(2) you don't manage to get above the flock this turn. The corpse drops with a floop into the lava, sitting on top for a bit before the motion of the lava buries it. (2) a series of sudden dive attacks knocks you falling. you skid across the lava , spraying droplets in an arc before you. That ... that kind a hurt a little.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: June 08, 2020, 07:27:03 pm »

Use my airbag ring to break free of the surface this time, and try to keep on driving towards the portal.  If they knock me down into the lava a second time, turn around and just blast the lot with my now-charged plasmabreath.  If I get clear of the lava and then get knocked down, start striking back with claws and tail, as any bodies will be recoverable.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: June 09, 2020, 09:13:33 am »

try to look and see what weapons are on this thing
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: June 09, 2020, 10:37:33 am »

Find out if they’re capable of communication or if they’re just part of a hive mind

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: July 01, 2020, 12:26:11 pm »

Use my airbag ring to break free of the surface this time, and try to keep on driving towards the portal.  If they knock me down into the lava a second time, turn around and just blast the lot with my now-charged plasmabreath.  If I get clear of the lava and then get knocked down, start striking back with claws and tail, as any bodies will be recoverable.
(2) You do not break free. The flock keeps buffeting you about. You are taking injuries. (6)Your plasma breath tears through the lot of them, sending feathers and flesh flying. You strike the magma, creating a large magma explosion sending yourself and everyone hurtling outward. You crash into the hard, ash covered ground, dazed and choking, but free from the flock and the lava.

try to look and see what weapons are on this thing
a pair of smallish cannons on the front, and some configurable weapons that are in an unconfigured state and therefore are inactive. There is also a defensive burst shell that emits an energy wave to drive off creatures that attack the hull.

Find out if they’re capable of communication or if they’re just part of a hive mind
(6) you poke about with the controls until you find a broadcast command. you shout into the microphone "Hey! Can you understand me?" Your voice comes out of the speakers magnified immensely, reverberating through the hull and sending a visible shockwave along the carpet and through the air, blasting purple dust motes in colorful streaks away from the ship, and sending the carpet rippling like wheat in teh wind. The entire ant army topples backward away from the ship. those that regain their feet disappear with haste. "You didn't answer my question! Come back!" You shout, sending another wave rippling through the room.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 85