Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 155148 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: They All Fall Down
« Reply #917 on: July 03, 2019, 10:05:39 pm »

character sheet thread

alright, now is a good time to do some battle simulations so yu guys get a better feel for who is capable of what, and why.
basically, Gwen and Kongor are sparring, and have dramatically different stats in the places that matter: size, strength, dex, speed, agility, and skill with their current weapon. I will be exlaining that, then rolling a mock battle or two to see an example of how the battle could go.

plus, naturegirl is fighting a rat, so we'll do that one too.

Spoiler: Delia's stuff (click to show/hide)

So, Delia finds a rat scurrying along teh edge of the canyon, and flies in above it, feeling somewhat intimidated. Do you want to engage in melee combat with your thorn sickles?

well, I can't in good conscience run this battle without more player input, so we'll leave that one as is: Delia is at a distinct disadvantage against the rat in melee.

now for the main event.

Spoiler: comparison (click to show/hide)
so, Gwen is facing a much larger, more robust and physically adept creature. Gwen's advantage is her skill with her blades. Kongor is far less adept with unnatural weapons, but has some skill with blunt weapons. should he switch to his gloves, his skill will ... well, it will remain the same, effectively.

The combat:
I will roll (Gwen) v (Kongor), in that order, unless I specify otherwise. Also, Gwen's blades are blunted for this, and Kongor's weapons have their magic effects disabled. I won't trigger Kongor's animal rage for the sparring because that is effectively a berserk mode, and coul.d be dangerous to both participants.

The two square off, eyeing each other, ready to strike.
Who gets the first attack? Kongor has advantage due to higher speed and dex (6)v(2)(3) Gwen rushes in, darting low under Kongor's weapon
Gwen gets advantage due ot skill difference, so two rolls v one
(4)(6) v (5) Kongor pivots dual mace, blocking her swing with the shaft. but her other blade comes in from the opposite side, tapping his forearm (her reach is a little short to get his torso). roll constitution (1)
Kongor acknowledges the hit as disabling, and puts that hand behind his back.

Kongor drops the mace and uses his glove instead, since the mace is cumbersome for one hand.
Kongor attacks: (1) v Gwen (6) But Gwen is able to dart in behind him, getting another attack
(1) v (1) both are off balance from the last exchange. Gwen's swing goes wide.

round 2: (2)v(5)(2) Kongor recovers first and presses in
Kongor: (5) v Gwen (3) Kongor lands a heavy blow against Gwen's shoulder, sending her tumbling. Con roll: (2) Gwen is disoriented and stunned, giving Kongor an opportunity to attakc again
Kongor: (1) v Gwen (2) Kongor starts to swing with his 'injured' arm, but recalls 'the rules' and swings short with his uninjured arm, missing.

round 3: (6) v (5)(6) Kongor's speed and dex are showing their battle advantage
Kongor: (5) v (2)  a decisive blow. Con roll (2) Kongor lands a strong hit to Gwen's stomach. She slumps over, 'winded,' and acknowledges defeat in this sparring match.

questions, comments, or suggestions about the mechanics and how I decided what to roll and all that? I can roll up another sparring match later.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: July 03, 2019, 10:46:48 pm »

Fixed char type and race, also posted on character cheer thread
Throw magic nuts at the rat.
(How many of those do I have? I know they are on a belt)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 11:16:01 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: July 03, 2019, 11:45:49 pm »

”You have done well, Gwyn. Sorry if I punched you too hard though.”

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: July 04, 2019, 04:32:30 am »

"Hehe, thanks!"
now that I understand the stats better, id like to reassign my levelup slightly if I may. Done.

Awaiting next mission.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 04:19:08 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: July 04, 2019, 10:40:03 am »

"Hehe, thanks!"
now that I understand the stats better, id like to reassign my levelup slightly if I may.

((That should be fine))

Go find that undead cannibal guy and challenge him to a spar

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: July 04, 2019, 10:42:21 am »

Walk back to Omega and see if I can spar with anyone or anything.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: July 04, 2019, 02:25:28 pm »

Just wanna jump in and say that I've (finally) done my levelup over in the character sheet thread.
Also, I'm up for some friendly sparring if anyone needs a partner.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: July 04, 2019, 07:01:20 pm »

Well, Freddie would be up for some, assuming he can get the silver thing off his head.

Also, be good feedback for deciding to get spec slots so he can properly use his natural weapons.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: July 04, 2019, 07:50:58 pm »

Try to find the center of Omega
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: July 04, 2019, 08:35:22 pm »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: July 04, 2019, 08:40:14 pm »

* Devastator grumbles about how characters were supposed to pick their attunements upon creation.

If the answer is "I'm not attuned to anything" it should at least be "I'm attuned to whatever my wielder is."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: July 04, 2019, 09:54:32 pm »

The answer is her affinity is Magical Weaponry - self, and she has a specialization to allow her to be able to be attuned to something else while at base - not mid-mission.

to be clear, her affinity never changes.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 10:29:50 pm by Lenglon »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: July 13, 2019, 03:33:28 am »

Sorry I've been absent. I lost internet connection last weekend, then other things had me distracted.
See the bottom of the post for a discussion on the next mission.

Fixed char type and race, also posted on character cheer thread
Throw magic nuts at the rat.
(How many of those do I have? I know they are on a belt)
You have five nuts. (1) you miss. The nut explodes into a thornbush. You get entangled in the bush and catch a glimpse of the rat scurrying away while you untangle yourself.

"Hehe, thanks!"
now that I understand the stats better, id like to reassign my levelup slightly if I may. Done.

Awaiting next mission.
waiting commences.

"Hehe, thanks!"
now that I understand the stats better, id like to reassign my levelup slightly if I may.

((That should be fine))

Go find that undead cannibal guy and challenge him to a sparVlad is nowhere to be found, but Cunkers offers to spar instead.
Try to find the center of Omega
So, Kongor is challenging Vladen to a spar. Vladen is trying to get to the center of Omega. You guys were at the center of Omega once - that's where the mechanico-organic magical heart machine is. (1) Neither of you see the other, and Vladen somehow keeps ending up at the cafeteria or one of the arenas instead of down in the depths of Omega. Which is weird, since there is no apparent reason for Omega to prevent him from visiting that place.

Walk back to Omega and see if I can spar with anyone or anything.
as you walk along the floor of the canyon, calling out for a worthy opponent, what looks like part of the canyon wall peels away and stands ahead of you. On closer inspection, it is not rock, but some tan/grey woodform. It is easily as tall as you, with more limbs than a humanoid would have, and no identifiable face. A klaxon sounds, and several creatures begin flying and floating around the area warning other beings to clear the space. The greyling stands unmoving and silent.

Just wanna jump in and say that I've (finally) done my levelup over in the character sheet thread.
Also, I'm up for some friendly sparring if anyone needs a partner.

I could pair you with Kongor if you like. he seems ready to do a little sparring.

Alright, we have two things going on right now.
1) looks like there are two sparring matches shaping up - One between Kongor and Clunkers, and one between Bruford and NPC that may or may not have appeared before, but has been around Omega since the beginning. I can't remember if I got it involved when the dark dragon attacked or not, but otherwise it hasn't had reason to show itself. I can spend a turn or three writing up the action for those sparring matches.

2) next mission. I have to ask you guys if you want this game to continue for a while after this or not. I've been a much slower Gm than I was at the beginning, and I'm not sure the quality of my GM'ing has been where I want it to be. I have an idea for a 'final mission' if you guys wold like to wrap the game up neatly, but I'm cool with keeping going as long as people are enjoying what we do. If We do end the game after next mission, I will probably GM another deep fantasy game afterward - maybe even one with a more concrete system. I can't guarantee I'll be any better as a Gm in the next game though - I am who I am :D
a) I won't talk about the details of the 'final mission' unless you guys want to do that.
b) Other mission options include:
-a straight up battle mission. I will create a specific , set area and group of antagonists with specific skills and abilities. Because the setting and opponents would be set in stone at the mission start, the mission may be quick or long, easy or easy to fail, depending on how it is played.
-some kind of world building mission to explore some of the lore and culture of this half-assed universe
-something lighthearted and silly, just for fun
-a quest into other planes, like the elemental planes or Fey or the Hells or some such.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 85