Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 155358 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: Base Thread
« Reply #660 on: December 20, 2018, 06:13:36 pm »

keep an eye on that snowfall to see where it’s heading while using Gwyn to fire another HEI into the swarm and avoiding both hitting someone with and being hit by friendly fire
"Wheeeeee!"
Yay! Snowies go Pop!
The snow is sliding more or less away from the camp. No threat at the moment, unless ... [hidden roll] unless another snowslide should happen on this side of the ravine. You look up at the near slope. And up, and up. (1) Distracted by his ponderings, Kongor fires Gwen, completely misses both the snowies and the camp, and loses his grip on Gwen who goes tumbling away, far up the slope, where she gets lodged in an ice crevasse.

Try and drag wounded out of the way of the boulder
"Shout if you feel like you are about to be smothered in snow."
Boulder? what? Never mind, you continue fightign a losing battle against injury and mayhem, as more people are wounded than are healed each round. Still, at least hte fuiur sems to give the healed ones some measure of defense against the snow furies. In fact, the furies seem to more or less ignore the furred people.

(Well, that avalanche should be Bruford's time to shine.  Should be big enough to keep the aid station protected, and kneeling or lying down shouldn't take any movement checks, and withstanding the snow would probably be raw strength.)

Good!  They coulda bit my wings to pieces, but now that they aren't solid they gotta bite my hide.

Lash out at the attackers with my tail, turning in place to face the direction of the avalanche.  Fold up my insubstantial wings, hopefully they'll be back by the next time I need to fly.  If the avalanche is heading this way, walk towards it and get a big load of fire ready to try and keep myself and anyone behind me clear.
(6) you strike hard and fast, spinning in place as more and more furies pile in to get a bite out of you. They get more than they bargain for, and a dozen broken bodies lay at your feet. You wrap your formerly insubstantial wings close to your sides, incidentally smothering and crushing a few furies in the process. The feel of the world outside instantly disappears under your rather heavy feeling wings. Places not covered by them still feel the effects of the world, however. Also, o,l the avalache isn't immediately threatening your party.

Observe the rock that is coming sliding down. If it looks like it's on a collision course with the camp (or our team), try to use clockwork magic to bend the vector of it's slide so it misses the camp/team instead.
The avalanche doesn't seem to be threatening you. unless .... hmmm. You recall information regarding the banks of swift flowing rivers. Lots of material is rapidly moving AWAY from your current position. That could be a problem.

"Bruford must protect allies!"
Carefully move between the boulder and the camp. Try to stop it with my heavy and extremely large body made of solid iron.
alrighty. a movement action that requires a roll. (2) you take two steps and fall forward with a huge, ground rattling BANG! Killing several in the base camp, and dozens of the snow furies, who take this as their cue to scatter. Seems they've had enough of all this noise and earthmoving.

Also, that fall is hard enough to require another roll. (6) the snowbank above the camp comes sliding down,, half burying you in hard ice and debris. Your prone body protects the remnants of the camp from entombment however, as what seems like half the mountain slides down around and behind you. This slide goes on for what feels like hours, but is probably no more than a couple minutes. Miraculously, the whole team and what is left of the camp, including the pack animals you brought remain safe, sheltered by Bruford's body and the shape of the valley. The teleportation circle, the plateau it was on, and most of the flat area you traversed to get here are gone completely, leaving a surprisingly high cliff at the very edge of the little first aid station you had set up. Gwen remains, strangely enough, lodged in a crevasse fifty feet up the mountainside.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: They All Fall Down
« Reply #661 on: December 20, 2018, 07:18:14 pm »

(Not bad.  We saved most of the people, drove off the attackers, and didn't suffer any serious injuries.  We did do some damage, but we have a caravan full of all the materials required to build the place that is currently damaged.)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: December 20, 2018, 07:49:13 pm »

What.
wait.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: December 20, 2018, 11:38:48 pm »

How the crap...ugh, never mind. I’m coming!
Scale the mountainside and retrieve Gwyn

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: December 20, 2018, 11:53:48 pm »

Dig out Bruford and make sure he's okay
"Well...shit, what now?"
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: December 21, 2018, 12:35:09 am »

Go eat one of the furry attackers I just killed.  Yay!  Then see if I can skin the dead bodies with my claws.  It's cold here!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: December 21, 2018, 08:03:37 pm »

Bruford tries to clean the remains of those that were part of the camp off his body.

"Sorry, whatever you things were before being crushed. This happens all the time to Bruford."

Slowly try to change into a sitting position and try to see how much damage did I do to the camp. Don't even try to stand up again, I might have another small accident again if I try.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: December 30, 2018, 04:05:42 pm »

Observe the situation. Try and get a feel of what we should do next, considering the requirements of mission completion.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: December 31, 2018, 08:11:36 pm »

How the crap...ugh, never mind. I’m coming!
Scale the mountainside and retrieve Gwyn
What.
wait.
(2) Gwen's about 25 feet further up than Kongor can climb without some really risky leaping. He stands precariously on an outcropping of rock, clutching the cliff face tightly and pondering the situation.

Dig out Bruford and make sure he's okay
"Well...shit, what now?"
Bruford tries to clean the remains of those that were part of the camp off his body.

"Sorry, whatever you things were before being crushed. This happens all the time to Bruford."

Slowly try to change into a sitting position and try to see how much damage did I do to the camp. Don't even try to stand up again, I might have another small accident again if I try.
Bruford sits up, scattering snow and tents and survivors, and claims some responsibility for the death toll. Several shell-shocked faces turn his way at the apology, Their expressions are hard to read.

Go eat one of the furry attackers I just killed.  Yay!  Then see if I can skin the dead bodies with my claws.  It's cold here!
(5) you eat a few of the furry things, plucking them out of their skins, leaving the skins mostly intact. Looks like you have a real talent for skinning, even with one artificial foot.

Observe the situation. Try and get a feel of what we should do next, considering the requirements of mission completion.
Well, this is base camp. Your goal is up the mountain, following a set of trail markers - the first couple hundred yards of which have been torn away by the snowslide.
In order to complete the mission, you'll need to:
a) determine if the base camp is salvageable and if the remaining base personnel can continue with their tasks.
b) determine what, if any, effect the loss of the teleportation circle has on the mission
c) determine if the way forward is still navigable for you and your equipment. And possibly Bruford.

you have lost none of the equipment or pack animals, so, if you can get where you are going, and get the equipment set up up there, you shouldstill be able to complete the mission, assuming the destruction down here wasn't a mission scrub kind of thing.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: December 31, 2018, 08:15:35 pm »

Go help the gorilla get to the stuck weapon by offering my services as a stepladder.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: January 02, 2019, 08:45:16 am »

Start digging through the snow and see what I can find from the base camp
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: January 02, 2019, 11:21:36 am »

Go help the gorilla get to the stuck weapon by offering my services as a stepladder.
Accept help from the dragon so I don’t...you know...die

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: January 04, 2019, 09:39:01 am »

"Bruford can help!"

Use my giant hands to help Vladen dig the camp out of the snow.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: January 04, 2019, 09:44:55 am »

Wait patiently.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: January 04, 2019, 09:10:46 pm »

Start digging through the snow and see what I can find from the base camp
The gorilla and dragon seem to have digging our team member out under control, so join in in digging out the remains of base camp to scavenge.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 85