Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 155328 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: Base Thread
« Reply #585 on: October 20, 2018, 07:18:17 pm »

Apply a dose of antifreeze to myself, then help out where needed so we can get going.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: October 20, 2018, 10:07:29 pm »

Follow along, hoping that my clothes are adequate for the weather on the other side.
Watch the ranch hands, and try to learn as much as possible about dealing with the beasts.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: October 23, 2018, 03:10:34 pm »

Thank the man and tell him where vlads from before turning to "allies"
"Alrght guy's, gonna make a simple request, once we're in the otherside if you feel like you are going to freeze to death or die, tell me. Might be able to absorb you and keep you safe till the we're done or safe then spit you out afterwards"
you know that rune has no 'reverse' option, right? Ah I think everyone forgot about the tempdeath items, or I made them too expensive or something. Whatever, on a good roll, maybe you'll be able to store someone organic for regurgitation.

Really?  Food to these herbivores?

Climb on top of the barn and look down upon them, wings outstretched.  Be ready to glide down and intervene physically if any of them start fighting on their own.
(5 )you climb right up, flapping your wings to stabilize and perch, shimmering in the sun. You cut an imposing figure. The yakthings seem a bit twitchy, attempting to bakc away from your perch a bit.

Start crawling outside and have a look around the nearby area. I'm tall, so I can probably see a wider area of our surroundings.
You see a building to the north in a little hollow - the administration building. You see a large spell circle to the south, down the hill a ways and in a wide field with a wide cart path between the barn area and the circle. Otherwise the surrounding area is pretty much as I already described it.

Do as I'm told so I can pet the fluffies! Maybe even ride them? Thatd be fun!
(4 )you pet the fluffies and make various calming noises at them. are you going to attempt to climb up on one? The hadlers are moving them out toward the transportation ring now.

put on one set of weather gear and make sure Gwyn doesn’t get hurt by one of the animals
alright, you're all bundled up and ready for winter. The gear make you hot after a few minutes. That's good, right? means it will keep you warm in the cold, right?

Gwen seems to be having a good time patting and talking to the giant yakthings.t They seem to accept her touch without issue, if they even notice. The handlers are movign teh yaks toward the transportation ring.

Apply a dose of antifreeze to myself, then help out where needed so we can get going.
alright, you get the convoy moving southward to the transportation ring. and zre antifreezed up.

Follow along, hoping that my clothes are adequate for the weather on the other side.
Watch the ranch hands, and try to learn as much as possible about dealing with the beasts.
Did you get some cold weather gear from the shop? If not, you're gonna have a bad time. Better run up to the admin building and see if they have supplies you can purchase.
meanwhile, you train up with the animals along with the rest of the gang.

alright, you guys spend a while familiarizing with the animals and then get them moved toward the transportation ring. When you're ready, we'll activate the ring and send you to the frigid mountains. Any last minute actions before we head off?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: October 23, 2018, 04:00:53 pm »

Ask the fluffy handlers if I can ride one? If they say no then I won't try it but I mean Id really like too ya know?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: October 23, 2018, 07:29:17 pm »

Sssshhh oz. Shhhhh that's to worry about once back at base.

Anyways play dress up with freddy and ready to go
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 07:50:10 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: October 23, 2018, 08:13:06 pm »

what do you need?
"U-um... some more warmer clothes, please? Maybe, ah, some armour what I can fit under 'em? Not sure where we're goin' or why, but 'pparently it's real cold."

Thrips makes his vague request to the as-yet-undefined person at the desk, shrugs, and bites determinedly into the lump of food he brought from the cafeteria.

Attempt to acquire cold-weather gear! Maybe also some armour that could work with it!
Snack while I wait, and if I am provided with adequate gear, say my thank-yous and head to my quarters to get dressed for action.

Five coin for a full set of cold weather gear, five for armor. The armory attendant idly brushes the crumbs from your snack off his desk.
((I kinda took this as meaning I'd already made those purchases, but in hindsight you didn't actually say that. No idea how many coins I have, can I afford the cold weather gear at least?))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: October 24, 2018, 04:13:19 am »

Bring up the rear of the group.

(I'm assuming someone dressed Freddie already, because he can't dress himself.)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: October 24, 2018, 07:50:24 am »

((I got you covered)
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 24, 2018, 08:15:04 am »

Walk to the magic ring and sit, awaiting transportation.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: October 24, 2018, 08:52:20 am »

stick with the group and try to GENTLY pet one of the animals

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: October 25, 2018, 01:24:12 am »

Will be unable to post for approx 2 weeks.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: October 25, 2018, 08:23:58 am »

I'm good to go

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: October 25, 2018, 10:40:59 am »

Alright, at teh bottom of the turn, you guys move on, so look there after you look at your own stuff.

Ask the fluffy handlers if I can ride one? If they say no then I won't try it but I mean Id really like too ya know?
They don't mind. There's a mount seat up between their first set of shoulders, and another between their second set of shoulders, so riding seems to be a thing that is done, at least sometimes. Anyway, Kongor boosts you up and puts you on one's neck just behind it's head - forward of the mounted seat. You're small so if you sit on your knees and hold onto the thick fur you'll be fine. The world looks different from way up here, and sways and bumps a bit. The animals' fur gives off a different less musky and more woody scent than Kongor does. It's stronger too, but not overpowering. It's part of the mix of smells you guys experienced on coming into this area.

((good luck out there. See ya in a couple weeks))

Sssshhh oz. Shhhhh that's to worry about once back at base.

Anyways play dress up with freddy and ready to go

You get Freddie all bootied and hatted and coated. The coat is hardest because of his wings, but you manage. It actually has wing cover that you can strap down close to his body to keep them warm as well. You gonna start with his wings strapped in close or let them hang loose?

what do you need?
"U-um... some more warmer clothes, please? Maybe, ah, some armour what I can fit under 'em? Not sure where we're goin' or why, but 'pparently it's real cold."

Thrips makes his vague request to the as-yet-undefined person at the desk, shrugs, and bites determinedly into the lump of food he brought from the cafeteria.

Attempt to acquire cold-weather gear! Maybe also some armour that could work with it!
Snack while I wait, and if I am provided with adequate gear, say my thank-yous and head to my quarters to get dressed for action.

Five coin for a full set of cold weather gear, five for armor. The armory attendant idly brushes the crumbs from your snack off his desk.
((I kinda took this as meaning I'd already made those purchases, but in hindsight you didn't actually say that. No idea how many coins I have, can I afford the cold weather gear at least?))
you made them if you have enough. For the sake of "eh, whatever" we're gonna say you had enough for those purchases and nothing more, since you don't have any funds listed on your sheet.

You tag along until you allk get to the big ol magic circle in the field. The circle and it's runes are made of stone. Mostly it's a light grey stone, smooth and without aggregate in it. but some of the runes are a black stone and others are quartz and granite-like - bits of sparkly and bits of aggregate. The whole Circle tingles your senses a bit, like trying to drink carbonated water out of a waterfall. Anyway, everyone else enters the circle and arranges themselves, and you've experienced vaguely similar tingles without harm before, so, with  it of prodding, you go in the circle too. You have booties, a fluffy kniot cap, and a big ol blanket-like coat with wing holes. there are flaps that cover your wings if they are tucked against your body, and those flaps can be strapped down for added warmth but restricted mobility. You and spaz can decide if they are strapped or not.

Walk to the magic ring and sit, awaiting transportation.
The handlers stop you before you enter the circle and order you onto all fours. They then direct you, limb by limb, on entering the circle so as to prevent damage to the transportation ring. They are quite particular about it and this takes some time. Something about not crushing the sigils or something.

stick with the group and try to GENTLY pet one of the animals
Teh animals are significantly bigger than you, like a large horse or an elephant would be to a smallish adult human, so you don't need to be super cautious about patting them - they won't break. Anyway, you gently pat one of them. Gwen looks up at it, rapt, and after asking the handlers if she could ride it, looks up at you expectantly, eyes wide with hope. You pick her up and plop her onto the beast behind the head. It kinda rears its head up a little, and snuffs at you. A second animla kinda pushes against you with it's nose and forehead, enough to make you move forward a step. They're pretty strong, it seems.

I'm good to go
You enter the circle and watch carefully as the animals are led in and Bruford the giant heavy chunk of iron is carefully navigated into position such that he is not actually putting weight on any of the stones that make up the sigils or circle. You file that information away in your mind hole, aware that you will likely not have as much help for the ride home.

When everyone is arranged, the handlers step back, and a set of thin, clear creatures with helical limbs undulate out of a copse of trees, flowing forward and dividing around the edge of the Circle, each stopping as they reach a designated point. The observant among you notice that they are not evenly spaced. The rationale behind their arrangement eludes you, however, and before you can give it much thought, a clear, shimmering white light flashes up from the edge of the Circle, rising high into the air above you, forming a translucent cylinder around you, like a shiny soap bubble. And much like a soap bubble, it lingers a moment, then wavers, then pops, splitting into a thousand short-lived stars and tiny little bubbles which flow around you before wining out of existence. As soon as the bubble pops, the world goes bright white and frigid. Those of you who have breath see it come out of you as thick white fog, and when you breathe in it stings your nose, throat and lungs. Through the sunglare on the ice all around you, at first you see nothing but the blue of the sky and the vague outlines of enormous mountains surrounding you. You are at the top of a long, winding valley, and it is ice and snow covered and white as far as you can see. Once your eyes start to adjust - those of you who have eyes - you notice brightly colored flecks several hundred yards up the valley. Must be the base camp you are to start from.

Every one of you feels the cold in one way or another. Every one of you suffers some discomfort from the stinging brightness as well.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: October 25, 2018, 10:47:24 am »

let's keep them start heading towards the base camp
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 09:34:00 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: October 25, 2018, 09:01:50 pm »

cooperate with what the rest of the group does
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 85