Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 155373 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: Base Thread
« Reply #450 on: September 10, 2018, 09:55:11 am »

"Observation: This one seems to have hit a sore spot.
Explenation: This one is aware that you all feel a certain sense of duty to protect and keep your fellow Omegas alive. This one shares the sentiment, to a certain extent. However, while there is a sense of duty to keep our fellow Omegas safe, there must also be a sense of responsibility to keep the outside world safe from our fellow Omegas. We, as an organisation, have as much a duty to protect ourselves as we have a duty to keep ourselves in line.

What happened with the subject in question in the city just outside our base was regretable. It shows what happens when we fail in our responsibility. Omega can ill afford a repeat of the incident. The loss of life and the structural damage is both a tragedy and a blemish upon the legion as a whole. This one believes it is as much our duty to try and keep the subject alive, as it is our duty to stop a similar event from happening should our effort to contain her errant power fail.

Addendum: You may think this one a cold, unfeeling machine for saying so. That is your right. But this one will not turn a blind eye to the very real danger of another containment failure just because the subject in question is one of us. Feel free to disagree if you wish, we are here to discuss after all.

Curious query: Could someone please recount what happened in Aginville to this one? A permanent solution that leaves the subject non-dangerous and not in solitary containments seems like a wonderful solution, but this one is unfamiliar to what happened in Aginville."

Discussion part 2: the electric boogaloo.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: September 14, 2018, 10:23:59 am »

I thought I was waiting on someone to post. Sorry for the delay.

"Freddy, Catch!"

Go grab the ball and throw it really far away!
Approach the ball. Be ready for if it attacks
Kongor's still on my back, so not so fast.

Head over to the ball.  Mostly, head away from the clumsy giant golem, but in the general direction of the ball.

Continue my duck and cover. Listen and make sure I don't get hit by that thing.
Let's see:
(5) Bruford gets up, trundles across teh arena while everyone else kinda scoot away from him in alarm. He bends down and grabs the ball (2) Which causes his arm to go numb as the ball squirts out between his thumb and forefinger and plompfs down in teh sand next to his feet. (4) the ball kinda sparkles and hums. As it flies out of Bruford's hand several tiny versions of itself scatter around the the same area. a couple land in the sand, but most either cling to the low arena wall, or just sort of float in the air. They all move slightly, and whenever two of them get close, the tentacles between them glow and expand for a few moments,reaching toward each other, until just as they touch they emit a small bright flash and the balls are pushed apart n opposite directions.

(2) Freddie seems to be breathing pretty heavily, and he kinda sags to the ground. He cranes his neck to look at Kongor and mewls plaintitively. Looks like he's gotten tired.

Carefully and silently study the probable maintenance procedure. I may need to mimic it to maintain my human appearance sometime in the future.
He scrapes the ahir off his face, washes in water, then dresses rather carefully. his clothes are sharp and clean. He talks to you a bit once he's noticed you awake. After he dresses, he gathers a few items from his nightstand and a locked box before heading to the door. He turns to you on the way out. "I think the chef is expecting you. You can go over there for now if you want. I'll be in my office for the morning. at noon, I'll be in the cafeteria to give out a mission."

"You might be able to get something from those. Least I can do for the information you have given. If ou are ever out of this cell, do find me, I owe you a favor too."
Get up and walk out

((What can I do withh that sub skill point again?)
"Thank you. I don't know what I did to earn your favor, but thank you. And thank you for the visit."
Off you go. mission incoming.

"Observation: This one seems to have hit a sore spot.
Explenation: This one is aware that you all feel a certain sense of duty to protect and keep your fellow Omegas alive. This one shares the sentiment, to a certain extent. However, while there is a sense of duty to keep our fellow Omegas safe, there must also be a sense of responsibility to keep the outside world safe from our fellow Omegas. We, as an organisation, have as much a duty to protect ourselves as we have a duty to keep ourselves in line.

What happened with the subject in question in the city just outside our base was regretable. It shows what happens when we fail in our responsibility. Omega can ill afford a repeat of the incident. The loss of life and the structural damage is both a tragedy and a blemish upon the legion as a whole. This one believes it is as much our duty to try and keep the subject alive, as it is our duty to stop a similar event from happening should our effort to contain her errant power fail.

Addendum: You may think this one a cold, unfeeling machine for saying so. That is your right. But this one will not turn a blind eye to the very real danger of another containment failure just because the subject in question is one of us. Feel free to disagree if you wish, we are here to discuss after all.

Curious query: Could someone please recount what happened in Aginville to this one? A permanent solution that leaves the subject non-dangerous and not in solitary containments seems like a wonderful solution, but this one is unfamiliar to what happened in Aginville."

Discussion part 2: the electric boogaloo.
"look. Once we start installing death traps for Omegas, where does it end? where do we draw the line? We were all either convicted crimnals pulled from death row, or considered dangerous or undesirable when we were thrust into Omega. So ... who among us should NOT have a failsafe? You? Me? who?"

"I agree that some sort of safeguard could be put in place though. Perhaps the Alchemists or Runists could inscribe a Ward. A sufficiently large and powerful Ward could prevent escape while leaving a minimal risk of killing the subject."
"for something like that, you'd need to ring Omega itself, I think."
"Well, maybe we should."
"Yeah, but where do we draw the line of what is Omega and What isn't? That city is in our territory now. We don't owe those people anything. They came uninvited and should be sent packing anyway."
"maybe. But for now, what is, is. And the Bosses want us to prevent unnecessary death out in the city, so we will."

"Well, there seems to be some disagreement about what really happened at Aginville. I'll try to give as clear a description as possibe, if the others will refrain from butting in. Basically, there was an outbreak of sickness. Doctors could do little. So, a team of Omegas went in on request. one of the group had some transmutation skill and thought to transmute the sickness into something inert. Or something. that's what we think. Could have been tryign for something else. Anyway, the illness seemed to react poorly, and spread rapidly. It didn't kill many people, but it left the whole town senseless. Lots of folk seemed to have body parts turned into other things - stone, feathers, glass, water, air ...

Some of us think all the misfortunes were the result of Omega's involvement. Others think most of it was the nature of the disease, and only a small part had anything to do with us at all."

At the noon meal, which everyone is told to attend, an officer announces an upcoming mission. "A ley line has gone dark, and we need to find out why. This ley line runs through a swamp filled with gatorfolk. We have lost contact with this group. The Spider is concerned, apparently. Hard to tell with the Spider, really. Never mind that, though. We need someone to go in and investigate the trouble. the last information we have received from the area suggests the undead in the area are ... dying, or disappearing, or going dormant. these undead are generally harmless, so if you see them, try to communiate before cutting off their heads. might be friendly. Anything but gatorfolk and undead might be less friendly."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 14, 2018, 10:43:01 am »

Vlad raises his hand also spend remaining 10 coins on thunderstones, because that worked out well last time.
"Is it a good idea to send an undead in if undead keep going dormant and dying There?"
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 07:52:39 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 14, 2018, 11:03:42 am »

Stare angrily at the giant golem.  I never even got to taste it, and now it's all the way over there again!

Sit down, as I'm tired, so that Kongor doesn't have anywhere interesting to ride to.  Hopefully, he'll get off then.  If he does, time to go to my cave, or if I'm that tired, find a place to sleep in this courtyard area.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 11:32:02 am by Devastator »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 14, 2018, 06:54:34 pm »

Stare cluelesly at the dragon and ask if I can have the coins for playing with the dragon.

I'm not sure if I have the correct ammount of money in my sheet. I think I should have 30 instead of 25 and 35 after the pay from doing the job, but I might be wrong.

What are going to be the prices of armory equipment? Some things are missing the price, like the Executioner's Axe.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: September 14, 2018, 07:29:04 pm »

welp, the dragon is now exhausted, so I better get off, pet his head for a moment, then close in on the ball, but be ready in case it attacks

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 14, 2018, 10:47:13 pm »

When my wielder talks to me, I'll be pretty open and friendly in my responses.

in the morning, my intention is, since i've been allowed to roam free, to assist the cook in order to sustain the supply of ice cream! yay ice cream!

afterwards, rejoin my wielder. If allowed then I want to stand within arm's reach of him, but behind him and out of the way, being quiet and unobrusive.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 16, 2018, 10:48:01 am »

"Reply: So out of fear of having to draw a line somewhere, you will rather draw no line at all? Fascinating.

Statement: This one will capitulate to your aversion for a lethal killswitch. However, this one would like it that it is noted in whatever records are kept that this is your choice, not this one's. If the subject manages to somehow escape and devour the queen's favourite shopping district, this one will not be held accountable.

Hopeful statement: Regardless, this one is quite intrigued by the process that failed at Aginville. If this one understands correctly, it would remove the need for the facility and countermeasures, and also allow the subject to remain free rather than live out the rest of their natural lives in what is basically solitary confinement.

This one moves to pick the transformation process as the best-case solution to our problem. Thoughts?"

Converse

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 18, 2018, 08:17:55 am »

Vlad raises his hand also spend remaining 10 coins on thunderstones, because that worked out well last time.
"Is it a good idea to send an undead in if undead keep going dormant and dying There?"
"Good question. We don't know what will happen to you, if anything, should you go on this mission. It is a risk that you'll have to decide whether to take or not."

Stare angrily at the giant golem.  I never even got to taste it, and now it's all the way over there again!

Sit down, as I'm tired, so that Kongor doesn't have anywhere interesting to ride to.  Hopefully, he'll get off then.  If he does, time to go to my cave, or if I'm that tired, find a place to sleep in this courtyard area.

You glare at the metal guy, let Kongor off your back, and go back to your cave and sleep. You wake refreshed and hungry. You stand up and turn about looking for food. You raise your head and sniff the air for the scent of food. (2) you don't smell any nearby. Looks like you'd have to go to the gnome kitchens or the slaughterpit to get some.

Stare cluelesly at the dragon and ask if I can have the coins for playing with the dragon.

I'm not sure if I have the correct ammount of money in my sheet. I think I should have 30 instead of 25 and 35 after the pay from doing the job, but I might be wrong.

What are going to be the prices of armory equipment? Some things are missing the price, like the Executioner's Axe.

If you have 25 in your sheet, you have 25, unless you can find where you got the other five and show me.
I haven't decided all the costs. The demonic executioners axe is going to be fairly expensive though. say, hmm, requires large or giant, add in extra ability ... 45 coin.

The Gnomes are happy with your efforts at exercising the Dragon, and pay each of you who went according to whatever it was I said you were to get.

welp, the dragon is now exhausted, so I better get off, pet his head for a moment, then close in on the ball, but be ready in case it attacks
You bid Freddie a farewell and walk over to the ball (3) as you get close, a couple of the smaller balls start to roll toward you, their translucent purple and pink tentacles getting fuzzy and waving about slightly eratically. Your hair stands on end. You brace yourself to run or attack.

When my wielder talks to me, I'll be pretty open and friendly in my responses.

in the morning, my intention is, since i've been allowed to roam free, to assist the cook in order to sustain the supply of ice cream! yay ice cream!

afterwards, rejoin my wielder. If allowed then I want to stand within arm's reach of him, but behind him and out of the way, being quiet and unobrusive.
You and your wielder have a nice morning chat. He smiles at one point. It creases his normally smooth face around the eyes, between the edges of his mouth and his nose, and in the cheeks and forehead. You then go and help out in the kitchen and eat the ice cream that is offered. There's nuts and strawberries that you can add if you like. You then stand behind your wielder at the meeting, face and fingers still stained with icecream.

"Reply: So out of fear of having to draw a line somewhere, you will rather draw no line at all? Fascinating.

Statement: This one will capitulate to your aversion for a lethal killswitch. However, this one would like it that it is noted in whatever records are kept that this is your choice, not this one's. If the subject manages to somehow escape and devour the queen's favourite shopping district, this one will not be held accountable.

Hopeful statement: Regardless, this one is quite intrigued by the process that failed at Aginville. If this one understands correctly, it would remove the need for the facility and countermeasures, and also allow the subject to remain free rather than live out the rest of their natural lives in what is basically solitary confinement.

This one moves to pick the transformation process as the best-case solution to our problem. Thoughts?"

Converse
You get a variety of responses to that last idea, from interest to outright horror. The meeting kinda devolves into unpleasantness after that. About the only useful bit of information you get is "The Officers will require you to gain consent from the subject before transmuting her into a non-flesh form." This seems legitimate as the person telling you doesn't seem particularly emotionally invested in the argument, but you make a note to confirm that with an Officer.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: September 18, 2018, 08:40:28 am »

I don't have to do the same thing as always, lets try something different this time.  Lets see if my wings are cooperating enough to let me fly.  If so, I should be able to get some kind of game on my own, or failing that, a stray gnome.  If not, I'll have to trudge down to the meat pit.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: September 18, 2018, 12:47:00 pm »

?.?
A dirty blade is a dull blade. I don't want to be dull!
There's gotta be a napkin or a towel or something to clean myself with. Find it. Use it.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: September 18, 2018, 01:59:15 pm »

"Well, I don't have much else to do...it's just stick around here in undeath or go out there and get to explore...I might just stay."
The ghoul thinks for a bit
Flip a coin, heads, Vlad goes
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 06:51:24 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: September 18, 2018, 05:34:26 pm »

Oh crud, oh no, oh crud, will it actually attack me? Prepare to counterattack if it strikes

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: September 18, 2018, 07:16:24 pm »

Okay, try to find some minor jobs to do at Omega in the meanwhile to get some extra coins before the next mission.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: September 18, 2018, 08:02:30 pm »

"Reply: Well then, if you'll excuse this one for second, it will go and ask the subject. If she doesn't give her consent, any further work on how to accomplish the transmutation is moot anyway."

Clunkers will seek out the subject, and tell her the following.

"Greeting: Hello. You may not recognize this one, but this one was one of the members on the mission to retrieve you after your powers went out of control. This one has now been given the responsiblity of overseeing the efforts to make sure your powers do not go out of control a second time.

Explenation: Currently, there are two camps as to how we can succeed in keeping your powers in check. The first camp advocates for putting you in a special room. The room would have both active and passive ways of resisting and dampening your powers, to make sure nobody in the base gets affected by them. This option entails the least amount of change to you, but will in essence leave you in solitary confinement until either a better solution is found, or you perish of natural causes.

The second camp advocates using a transmutation procedure on you. The idea is that your powers stem from flesh, so if we turn you into a being made of something other than flesh your powers will cease to work. This would leave you free of any kind of prison, but only if it is succesful.

Addendum: The transmutation option does carry a certain amount of danger with it, as all magics that bring such drastic change do. Some on the council would rather see you locked up for the rest of your life, because the last time this operation was tried it ended badly. The team that tried that was under-equipped, under pressure and had little time to prepare, things that are not the case here. However, this one cannot deny that the hesitation those council members have shown does have merit.

Query: What would your choice be? We cannot do the transmutation proces without your consent, so the choice is entirely yours.

Statement: If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Despite this one's appearance and manner, this one is not entirely without empathy. Take your time, this is a lot to process at once."

Lots of talking.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 85