Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 155521 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: Base Thread
« Reply #270 on: July 25, 2018, 08:50:35 am »

Alright! Start to tear off the head(s) with my hands.

"Bruford remove head! Problem solved!"
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 07:08:32 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 25, 2018, 09:47:53 am »

Wait! Bruford! We need her back alive!!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 25, 2018, 09:54:13 am »

"...If possible. Bruford think it's not possible to carry such a big thing to Omega, so it's better to just grab the head!"
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 25, 2018, 10:11:48 am »

"WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR WHAT YOU ARE SAYING!"
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 25, 2018, 02:16:20 pm »

Clunkers, if he were conscious, would be absolutely livid at his teammates' plan to kill the abomination he just spend so much effort on calming down. But he is not conscious, and thus does not feel any kind of seething anger. Rather, he is pleasantly zen at the moment.

"Internal pondering: This one should go into standby more often. This one finds this existence cut off from the outside world rather pleasant."

Keep attempting to reboot. While rebooting, monitor if we're still linked with the abomination.

If it seems like turning myself back on will also make the abomination turn back on, limit the reboot only to thought processes (not any bodily fucntions) and try to get a channel of communication open with the abomination.

If it doesn't seem like that's the case, just reboot completely.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 25, 2018, 02:23:39 pm »

(I think the flesh horror in question actually has more than one head.)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 25, 2018, 02:30:06 pm »

"No! Don't hurt her!"

Prevent the golem from harming the mass of flesh by putting my body between them. (Yes, I know that will probably just get me crushed.)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 25, 2018, 03:02:28 pm »

Well, can't worry about that too much.  Lets try to see if I can stop that leg from kicking, and if I can reach its claws with my mouth.  I'll think about the fake leg later.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 26, 2018, 12:19:56 am »

"Oh. Do you know where I could get some?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 27, 2018, 10:14:12 am »

"Hrm. Don't got blood or hair, but I have metal. One sec."

Cut off one of his fingers, he didn't say it had to be mine Scrape some flecks of metal off of myself. S'about as close to hair and/or blood as it gets for me.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 29, 2018, 12:15:45 am »

Turn Ten
in which
we try to make things harder for ourselves ... and succeed

please check the bottom of the turn for status update.
also, hey, I have a visitor to my discord channel! Guess I better let you guys know i have one. Link in my sig.

ask the flesh horror for some food
(5) You walk right up to the flesh thing and open your mouth wide, stuffing parts of it in and biting. You swallow without chewing, and keep on eating. This goes on far longer than your size should allow. The sleeping monstrosity seems untroubled by this turn of events. And then Bruford falls on her and everything goes to hell.

Alright! Start to tear off the head(s) with my hands.

"Bruford remove head! Problem solved!"
"No! Don't hurt her!"

Prevent the golem from harming the mass of flesh by putting my body between them. (Yes, I know that will probably just get me crushed.)
(2)v(4) The bird thing flies up into Bruford's face but is simply swatted away. (1) Bruford, meanwhile, looks around the mass and finds a head. It's a tad out of reach, so he leans waaaaay forward, placing a hand on teh creature to stabilize himself. The flesh beneath his hand gives way, and Bruford topples forward into the creature.
[Fleshorror reaction roll. High is good, low is bad](1) She wakes with a jarring start and screams a sonic wail in sheer surprise and agony. Who of you still has working ears? Bruford, I think, so I'll roll for you (5) Bruford bangs his head against one of the buildings, and the ringing masks the wail a bit. That, and his natural dullness of wit keep him from going batshit insane. The wail is pretty powerful though, and immobilizes Bruford momentarily. He forgets entirely what he is doing or why.

Alright, sanity checks:
Bruford: passed
Bird thing: (2) The sonic wail drives you into a state of delirium and delusion. You see demons all about, and terror fills your soul. You try to crawl into the smallest hole in the ground that you can find.
Kongor: Deaf
Vlad: already insane anyway. Eating fleshhorror cancels the effect.
Clunkers: unconscious and unhearing. I'll roll for you in your turn though.
Feyline: Distance gives you a bit of a bonus to the roll, but the wail reaches you nonetheless: (5) it's terrifying, and you fel a wave of dizziness pass over you. You sit before you fall over and try to clear your head.

Alright, now for the caustic explosion that comes from Bruford falling full body right onto the vulnerable being:
Bruford Con Roll: (5) Though you are in the midst of the explosion, most of the spray flies outward. Even so, you lose 2 points of constitution from the corrosion eating away at ... everything.
Kongor: (5) Having seen the inevitable, Kongor runs away and dives behind a building. The initial blast misses him, but teh caustic mist is spreading. Gonna need to do something about that.
Vlad: again, this barely slows his meal.
Clunkers: (3) The caustic spray reacts with the epoxy, causing it to bubble and peel, and harden in place. Clunkers wold be mildly irritated at teh inconvenience, if he knew it had happened. This irritation would, of course, be overshadowed by the livid rage at Bruford for totally fucking up all his hard work.
Bird: (5) between being clay and crawling into the ground, bird misses the worst of it. The mist does settle into your feathers though and starts to sting.
Cat: no roll. The mist doesn't come this far out.

Clunkers, if he were conscious, would be absolutely livid at his teammates' plan to kill the abomination he just spend so much effort on calming down. But he is not conscious, and thus does not feel any kind of seething anger. Rather, he is pleasantly zen at the moment.

"Internal pondering: This one should go into standby more often. This one finds this existence cut off from the outside world rather pleasant."

Keep attempting to reboot. While rebooting, monitor if we're still linked with the abomination.

If it seems like turning myself back on will also make the abomination turn back on, limit the reboot only to thought processes (not any bodily fucntions) and try to get a channel of communication open with the abomination.

If it doesn't seem like that's the case, just reboot completely.

(2) You remain blissfully unaware of the circumstances at hand. For an all powerful robot wizard, you sure do nap hard.
Hmm, may as well roll the link though: (5) well look at that. Dream You experiences Dream Her's state. She was pretty calm while asleep and you cold sort out the Omega underneath it all from the multiple partial consciousnesses you realize come from her recent victims. You isolate her mind from theirs. This gives the Omega full control of herself. You experience her sudden shock and pain as Clunkers crashes into her. Can't do much about that, but perhaps you can guide her a bit. Gonna be real simple though, as your boot -up is still incomplete, meaning you have only basic instincts here.

On Base

Well, can't worry about that too much.  Lets try to see if I can stop that leg from kicking, and if I can reach its claws with my mouth.  I'll think about the fake leg later.
(3) it takes you three full attempts to get the leg to your mouth, You bite your talons and chew softly on your ... not ankle, really, but the part behind the toes? It kicks away again, but you get hold of it one more time. The feel of your mouth on your foot feels like a light buzz. If you bite hard, it feels like a bright flash of harsh light.

"Oh. Do you know where I could get some?"
"Got no time for lolligaggers. Can't you see I'm busy, girl? either help or get out." This is followed by more clattering, more cursing, and a sudden cloud ofsteam boiling out int othe cafeteria.

"Hrm. Don't got blood or hair, but I have metal. One sec."

Cut off one of his fingers, he didn't say it had to be mine Scrape some flecks of metal off of myself. S'about as close to hair and/or blood as it gets for me.
Hmm. Gonna have to ask which of your knives you are using here.

Mission status
Alright, just to clarify everyyone's situation:
Bruford is prone on top of a very angry fleshhorror and is losing constitution to the caustic cloud he provoked. He's in a bit of trouble and needs to get away or he might die.
Kongor is being pursued by the caustic mist and needs to do something about that.
Vlad is eating.
Claybird is burrowing in sonic induced terror. Caustic mist is starting to affect her.
Clunkers is unconscious and mildly inconvenienced by the mist. He has a direct link to the target's mind, but currently can only access very basic functions, as he is still in sleep mode.
Feyline is disoriented and still several blocks away. Otherwise is unaffected.

The Omegabomination is awake, angry, and in pain from Bruford's attack. She seems completely unaware of Vlad's actions. She is sane.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 29, 2018, 02:20:14 am »

"Help, tweet. Fizzy... they are going to eat me. Do I mind? Um, I remember something. Something like... milk? No, like water, with something in it. Isn't that what milk is? What is milk?"

Chug down my mind-dulling potion, quickly.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 29, 2018, 02:53:32 am »

Well, that was interesting.  Lets spend a few minutes trying to return to belly side down again.  Can I feel anything about the meat that went down?

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 29, 2018, 07:26:36 am »

keep just out of range of the mist

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 29, 2018, 07:34:37 am »

Climb the tallest building. Preferably with stairs.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 85