Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 155016 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: Base Thread
« Reply #120 on: July 03, 2018, 09:16:40 am »

(It does, btw.  And burn.)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 03, 2018, 09:23:09 am »

Isn't diamond made of the same thing as coal, after all?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 03, 2018, 05:44:57 pm »

You can burn anything if you try hard enough!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 03, 2018, 07:50:05 pm »

It takes a high amount of heat, but before it'll even burn it'll shatter like glass.

Edit: apparently it has to deal with the internal structure and quality of the diamond if it will shatter, either way it can burn. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TPyuDY3iq1Q 
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 07:57:04 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 04, 2018, 07:46:34 am »

Ok...nvm about the apothecary then. Just be mission-ready

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 04, 2018, 07:50:47 am »

Translation scroll. I just push some of my many into it right?

Buying spree. 1 Leather Armor, 1 Bow, 20 arrows. 15 coin.
Note your purchases on your character sheet.

Scrolls work best with spellcasting spec. without it, it's basic rtd for effectiveness. translation scroll: 3 coin

Is anyone talking to me?  Can I hear anyone saying anything?

..is there any pain?  Can I feel that leg?

That one Gnome was talking to you a minute ago, and you did hear him. Your auditory sensors work fine.
(6) You receive an overload of sensation from the leg. It causes a bit of a neural cascade. You yowl and attempt institutionally to thrash about. This sends signals into the neural matrix, but their effect is scattered and dulled. Well, you are learning to feel again, so that's something.

Prepare to leave.
You turn around and look up. Now, how the heck are you supposed to get up there, out of the canyon?

See how much it'd cost to buy some food
Like, travel food? You can eat in the cafeteria for free. Not that you need to. Your ghoulish appetite is dormant, and your natural appetite is long gone. Just like your skin.

I'd like an adventurer's kit, a potion to make my mind harder to manipulate magically, and a potion to regain stamina.
adventurer's kit: 8 coin. a mind protection potion will do one of several things to make you mentally harder to manipulate: could cause you to become OCD for a limited time, focusing on one specific thing to blot out all other input, cold give you temporary adhd - causing your mind to race, but settle on nothing, could dull your mind down to near inactivity. Three coin for each type. 3 coin for the stamina potion.

Buy a Dreamcatcher
5 coin. Catches up to 5 lesser dream class entities 3 minor dream class netities, or one average dream class entity.

"Reply: Thank you, no more questions"

Consider wether my cloak would provide protection against the magical part of this scream or not.

Also, go my favourite gnomes and ask them if they can't cook up some kind of anti-corrosive coating for my outer plating.

Your cloak will probably not counter that effect. Do you remember what we designed it to do originally?
They'll cover you in ceramic or glass plate for 8 coin, or in epoxy for 4.

Ok...nvm about the apothecary then. Just be mission-ready
You sneaky editor. did this while I was making the turn. I was gonna RP the apothecary babbling at you and doing demonstrations and stuff. You're as mission ready as you'll get unless you want to purchase something.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 04, 2018, 08:10:40 am »

Okay, stop that.  That didn't work.  Just try to zen out and go neutral for a bit until all these feelings go away.  Hope my brain doesn't get fried.

..when I do reorient, did any fire come out while I was thrashing about?  Can I still do that?  Don't try, just try to remember if any did.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 09:09:58 am by Devastator »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 04, 2018, 09:23:50 am »

No, that way is a guaranteed death roll. Instead, ask the Omega guy for a transportation method to reach the target.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 04, 2018, 10:00:54 am »

See how much it costs for thunder stones, otherwise ready to go.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 04, 2018, 10:09:04 am »

3 Lesser ones will do

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 04, 2018, 10:12:17 am »

(I think it comes empty, and that's just the capacity.)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 04, 2018, 10:29:56 am »

Want to know how much a Wind Jump scroll costs.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 04, 2018, 03:16:30 pm »

Your cloak will probably not counter that effect. Do you remember what we designed it to do originally?

I believe we designed it as "dampens magics harmful to the wearer somewhat".
What's the difference betwene ceramic, glass and epoxy? I'm assuming ceramic and glass would provide better protection than epoxy, since they're more expensive?
Also, is it possible to buy a scroll of "silence"? Preferably either a spellscroll that silences a particular target or silences an area.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 04, 2018, 06:51:22 pm »

Ready.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 05, 2018, 03:19:33 am »

Okay, stop that.  That didn't work.  Just try to zen out and go neutral for a bit until all these feelings go away.  Hope my brain doesn't get fried.

..when I do reorient, did any fire come out while I was thrashing about?  Can I still do that?  Don't try, just try to remember if any did.

(2) They poke you a bit more. Your brain doesn't get fried, but it IS very uncomfortable. You don't remember any fire. The gnomes don't have that 'duck and cover' look, so probably you didn't.

No, that way is a guaranteed death roll. Instead, ask the Omega guy for a transportation method to reach the target.
He points you to a low grade side ravine. Looks like it goes up into the city.

See how much it costs for thunder stones, otherwise ready to go.
one coin per 3

3 Lesser ones will do
sure ... if that's what stumbles by. It starts empty.

Want to know how much a Wind Jump scroll costs.
Depends. What does a wind jump do?

I believe we designed it as "dampens magics harmful to the wearer somewhat".
What's the difference betwene ceramic, glass and epoxy? I'm assuming ceramic and glass would provide better protection than epoxy, since they're more expensive?
Also, is it possible to buy a scroll of "silence"? Preferably either a spellscroll that silences a particular target or silences an area.

ceramic is a good ablator, but is brittle. Glass is ... (1) ... It's just glass, yo. Epoxy is a sticky resin that will coat everywhere and allow for natual movement. Side effects include possibly sticking to things. Epoxy will protect best, as it is able to coat all the places while ceramic and glass leave joints exposed. though, you probably wnat your sensory units and maybe your hands free from the epoxy.

"Query: why are the glass and the ceramic more expensive, if the epoxy works better?"
"Well, we have tubs of the stuff, for reasons. Resin reasons. Heh. It's a reasonable resin. but for the others, gonna take some time and effort to get them fitted, made, and mounted. We can just dunk you in the epoxy. Easy peasy. Hardly any chance of explosion at all. Unless Jurdis is there."

4 coin for the scroll of silence.

Ready.
allright

Make your final actions. Next post, you are going. Time is critical.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 85