Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 155030 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: Base Thread
« Reply #105 on: July 01, 2018, 08:15:48 am »

Gnomes?  What happened to me?  Look around the room and try to look at myself.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 01, 2018, 08:17:41 am »

"Is Bruford allowed to kill the thing and just bring the corpse back? It would probably be easier for Bruford to have it dead."
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 08:58:22 am by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 01, 2018, 08:36:06 am »

"Are we?"
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 01, 2018, 09:27:37 am »

"May I research some spells in the library before we leave? It may be prudent to restrain her magically.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 01, 2018, 11:25:54 am »

"Query chain, start:

This corrosive liquid, is it corrosive only to organic materials, or to non-organic material as well?
Do we know if she is in control of herself or her powers at all, or if she is just acting on instinct and/or stimuli?
Do we know the mechanics of this scream? Is it based on soundwaves, or is it magical in nature?
Please, define 'containment' in this case? What lengths are we allowed to go to?
Do we have an up-to-date description of the subject?

Query chain, end."

ask

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 01, 2018, 01:12:28 pm »

Is mayonnaise a mystic catalyst? Could I also do some research in the library?

Asked the Dream Demon

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 02, 2018, 08:05:37 am »

The bird-headed woman (whose name is Eliza) chirps up.
"How would creature react to... flesh-that-is-not-flesh? My body is of flesh, but lies; in truth, clay.
Secondly, would creature become less chaotically shifting if were to calm down using magic?"

It is possible that she wouldn't absorb you, but might corrode you instead. or break you. Clay is clay.
If you can overcome her own magical voice, a calming effect would probably help, yes. At least temporarily. Though, if she considers it an intrusion she may get defensive

The undead medical ghoul would also raise a hand
"Further more, is it able to regenerate and I thought there would be forces in that city? "
"She is able to regenerate by absorption. If you can get her away from living beings, you might be able to wear her down. Of course there are forces in teh city. they are otherwise occupied at the moment."

also raises handDoes diamond corrode?
"What am I? a chemist? Ask an apocathery or alchemist."

Gnomes?  What happened to me?  Look around the room and try to look at myself.
The room contains several brass encased machines. Some are at work, pumping fluids through exposed tubing, or rotating spindles, or advancing gears. A couple long robot arms extend from above and are doing something just out of sight.

You look back at yourself. It hurts to do so. You are missing one leg entirely, replaced by a straight, mechanical stump. You catch a glimpse of yourself in a mirrored surface and see one eye is covered in some dark material. Your wings are brightly  colored and shimmer vaguely. It's hard to look at tehm. You look like a pirate parrot and dragon all smushed into one. All you need is a naked little man sitting on your shoulder shouting about crackers. You note traces of wiring running down your back and along your limbs. Wiring? or Circuits? Small points of light race along the circuits as well.

"Is Bruford allowed to kill the thing and just bring the corpse back? It would probably be easier for Bruford to have it dead."
"We'd prefer if you didn't. She is an Omega, after all. If it comes to it, and that is necessary to protect citizens or yourselves, you may. But do try to bring her in alive if possible.

"May I research some spells in the library before we leave? It may be prudent to restrain her magically.
"Time is of the essence here. If you now of a scroll or spell you wish to collect, you may dash over and grab it, but no loitering."((do note that scrolls and spellbooks require spellcasting as a spec.))

"Query chain, start:

This corrosive liquid, is it corrosive only to organic materials, or to non-organic material as well?
Do we know if she is in control of herself or her powers at all, or if she is just acting on instinct and/or stimuli?
Do we know the mechanics of this scream? Is it based on soundwaves, or is it magical in nature?
Please, define 'containment' in this case? What lengths are we allowed to go to?
Do we have an up-to-date description of the subject?

Query chain, end."

ask
"She is able to corrode most things, though not completely indiscriminately. It takes time for her body to adapt to one form of corrosion from another.
At this moment, we do not know how much she is in control of herself. We suspect that she is mostly going on instinct.
her scream is at least in part magical.
You are tasked with keeping her in one location until she has been neutralized as a threat to the public, at which point you are to bring her to Omega. Again, do try not to kill her if possible. While Omegas are considered by many to be expendable, we don't see it that way. however, if she becomes a significant threat and you are unable to stop her except by death, it is an option.

Since she has absorbed several people, she will be as large as the group she has absorbed. She iwll be flesh in appearance, and will have chaotic features. currently she is expected to be fifteen feet or so in height and probably seven or more in width."

Is mayonnaise a mystic catalyst? Could I also do some research in the library?

Asked the Dream Demon
"as I said to the other, if you know a specific scroll you want, get it quickly. The group will be leaving as soon as possible."

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 02, 2018, 08:10:13 am »

Translation scroll. I just push some of my many into it right?

Buying spree. 1 Leather Armor, 1 Bow, 20 arrows. 15 coin.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 02, 2018, 08:28:36 am »

Is anyone talking to me?  Can I hear anyone saying anything?

..is there any pain?  Can I feel that leg?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 02, 2018, 12:37:00 pm »

Prepare to leave.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 02, 2018, 12:46:46 pm »

See how much it'd cost to buy some food
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 02, 2018, 12:52:51 pm »

I'd like an adventurer's kit, a potion to make my mind harder to manipulate magically, and a potion to regain stamina.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 02, 2018, 01:01:01 pm »

Buy a Dreamcatcher

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 03, 2018, 07:08:40 am »

"Reply: Thank you, no more questions"

Consider wether my cloak would provide protection against the magical part of this scream or not.

Also, go my favourite gnomes and ask them if they can't cook up some kind of anti-corrosive coating for my outer plating.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 03, 2018, 08:54:22 am »

« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 07:47:26 am by SuperDino85 »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 85