Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 154992 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: Base Thread
« Reply #90 on: June 28, 2018, 06:35:46 pm »

Yew Longbow: More Power, More Range. More Pierce, More Death. Requires Journeyman Body in Strength and Constitution.

"Holy" Staff: A staff blessed by a priest or equivalent of some god or faith. As the meaning of "holy" varies between faiths, the exact abilities granted by this blessing varies. But on average, it boosts spells that align with that god's Dogma.(Example: Kill it with FIRE!!!) Charge of ten. 10 coins. 1 coin may be spent on a single recharge, but it must always be recharged to full. WARNING: Gods do not like it when you use more than one staff.
Thanks for inspiration Egan.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2018, 03:32:35 pm »

alright, I've been kinda avoiding this a little. I'll work up the inventory stuff this weekend. You guys have done fairly good adding stuff, though I'll have to modify a lot of it.
we'll talk about cost as we go. I'm making this all up on the fly after all.

finally, for now i might reorganize the character sheet and explanation a little for clarity. Nothing will change - no need to rewrite your sheets again. But maybe it will help new players a little more.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Welp, I did my best, didn’t add the level ups yet because I want the character approved first, and I may also need a refresher.

two options:
1) lower your body and movement to basic level. This will pay for the special stat.
or
2) lower one of those to basic, and then lower any two basic stats/skills to weak, and bump specializations up to apprentice. Then put your animal rage under specializations.

first option costs less, I think.
then you can raise your stats/skills with the points i awarded you:
2 points will raise a weak stat to basic
1 point will raise a basic stat to apprentice
2 points apprentice to journeyman
4 journeyman to master
8 master to exceptional

once you've done that
add in your substat/subskill points
if you have a weak stat/skill, +2 in a substat will make it act like basic
basic only needs a +1 to act like apprentice (+3 to act like journeyman)
apprentice needs +2 to act like journeyman (+6 to act like master level)
and so on.

gah. I was hoping to make this less confusing, not more confusing.

Edited post
You have 6 main stat/skill points and 21 substat/skill points to spend.
You have 45 coin and a Boon that you can hold onto or ask for right away.

the boon is some reward from Omega itself, rather than a stat or skill thing. It's a reward for Success on the Lathal mission.
You also have a Boon from the City (Bridge City, the place that came with you).

I sure hope this is my last question regarding this: how does raising my stats affect my substats?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 30, 2018, 02:44:42 am »

Yes, Bruford actually has 20 coints because you decided to give him more starting money. I was asking if any of the new items is something giant sized AND also affordable by him. Otherwise, I'm fine saving my money for later and going with only my fists as weapons, unless the urban mission is actually highly dangerous.

I know prices are to be done later, but do you feel that any of the new stuff is cheap and usable by him?
In terms of weapons or armor, no, not really. outfitting a giant is costly. some of the other things, maybe. Some stuff is usable regardless of size.

Oh, I've got an idea! Thanks dream.

Omni-stick: A metal handle with an array of buttons and knobs on it. Can transform/unfold into virtually any mundane melee weapon - sword, spear, whip, halberd, club, spiked club, hammer, stave, trash grabber, you name it. Does require a relatively high intelligence to use effectively, however, because the user's manual equivalent for it was lost long ago and so the user needs to figure out how to make it form the weapon or tool they desire.
I'll add this to the list. It'll probably cost about twice the cost for a basic weapon, unless you want ranged functionality as well.

-Demon's greatbow: A bow made of the bones of lesser demons, commonly wielded by greater demons. It's very big, and can fire spear-sized arrows or plain spears to enemies with great power. This greatbow has no magical powers, but the strenght it takes to pull it is enough to pierce and impale any common opponent without mercy.

-Demonbone greatarrows: Big bone arrows meant to be fired with the demon greatbow. They can be used as a spear if you lack the greatbow.

-Triple crossbow: A special rapid-fire crossbow designed to fire three bolts at the same time. It's very cumbersome and takes a long time to reload, but it's of high quality and very deadly in the right hands.

-Angel wings. A pair of living wings ripped from an angel and attached to a strange mechanical device. Designed to be worn in the back, it gives the wearer temporal flight. If overused, the wings become too tired to continue flying and stop working for a time. Let's hope ghis doesn't happen midflight.

-Singing blade: An enchanted sword, it becomes stronger with music and songs. It also constantly hums tunes and occasionaly sings, so it's not recommended for stealthy characters.
Oz, you attributed these to me. Don't wish to take credit for something someone else did. Also, Random, were you inspired by a certain volley crossbow?
oops. I'll edit that. Also, I didn't realize I left angel wings in there. I'll add wings to teh list, though. gonna cost hella.

also, don't worry about attribution, that's not going to show up in the OP, but I might give a credit or two bonus for lots of suggestions. Nopw, fopr the tedious task of movingthis stuffto the OP and assigning costs.

Bang Bang Bang.

"Holy" water: (4 coins. additional 3 for each extra sphere)
Vial of water blessed by a priest or equivalent of some god or faith. As the meaning of "holy" varies between faiths, the exact nature of this water varies. For example, holy water blessed by a god of fire might burst into flames on contact with air, or water blessed by a water sphere might simply expand into more water than should be contained in the vial. Multiple spheres can be imbued (eg fire+chaos, lightning+cleansing) at additional cost. Do not drink.

Multisymbol: (7 coins)
Mechanical contraption that be configured to take the form of a variety of different holy symbols. Useful for those who follow multiple faiths, but if the device is converted between contradictory spheres too rapidly, it will overload and explode in a shower of unpredictable divine retribution. Comes with a handy "auto-overload" button. DO NOT press the "auto-overload" button.
Both good suggestions.

Yew Longbow: More Power, More Range. More Pierce, More Death. Requires Journeyman Body in Strength and Constitution.

"Holy" Staff: A staff blessed by a priest or equivalent of some god or faith. As the meaning of "holy" varies between faiths, the exact abilities granted by this blessing varies. But on average, it boosts spells that align with that god's Dogma.(Example: Kill it with FIRE!!!) Charge of ten. 10 coins. 1 coin may be spent on a single recharge, but it must always be recharged to full. WARNING: Some gods do not like it when you use more than one staff.
Thanks for inspiration Egan.
As the Yew Longbow is just a modification of an existing bow, it'll cost the base cost for hte bow, plus a given amount for the modification.

Staff looks good.

-snip for space-

I sure hope this is my last question regarding this: how does raising my stats affect my substats?
The substat will be unchanged in terms of the bonus numbers and such. For example: one has Apprentice Stat in Movement, and +2 in Dex (so their Dex is at Journeyman). the Player raises teh Movement stat to journeyman - the Dex substat still is at +2. This is not enough to raise the substat to mastre though - you would need 2 more points invested there.

Alright, The armory is operational.

make your way to the briefing room for details on the next mission (AKA post "got to briefing" so I know you are in.
Costs haven't been implemented for most things though. For now I'll make them up as we go.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 03:28:10 am by Ozarck »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2018, 08:00:19 am »

Go to briefing, request snacks
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 30, 2018, 08:10:53 am »

Wake up.  What happened?

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2018, 08:40:20 am »

There we go....I’m pretty sure I followed the rules with the upgrades. Further thoughts from Ozarck?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2018, 09:11:11 am »

Resume from hibernation mode and go to briefing.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2018, 09:12:36 am »

basic fired weapons cost 10 coin. ammo costs 1 coin for 10
[this still costs ten?]

Go to Briefing

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 30, 2018, 09:36:05 am »

Go to the briefing along with the rest of those sad clowns

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 30, 2018, 11:43:52 am »

Go to briefing, if I can fit inside the mission briefing room. Try not to break the celling.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 30, 2018, 08:41:36 pm »

Go to briefing.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 01, 2018, 05:17:48 am »

Alright, First, for those of you who just returned from LAthal; I kinda left that as a cliffhanger, so let's resolve that.

the Brilliant Light fades. Looking about, you see a much smaller space than before. The Heart is in overdrive - pumping rapidly and frantically, leaving you, for the moment, forgotten. Gak and Vladen stand on the Heart, dazed by the transition, while Freddie lies nearby, random limb movements accompanied by some piteous cries -a strange sound to come from such a beast. Kongor and the Inspectors float down and pick you up on the cart, tossing aside what remains of the supplies, and you fly up in search of an exit. The ceiling is much lower here, so you have much less room to navigate. But as the Heart settles into a more stable rhythm, a being flies toward you on wide wings, the Omega Brand prominent across the wings themselves. You are directed along a passage almost too narrow for the cart before emerging into a wide, concrete room, steel pillars in two lines supporting a low ceiling, giving the room a cramped feeling in spite of it's width. Several groups come along at this point, and before long it is clear that the beings that arrive fall into three categories: medics, officers, and guards. You are examined, questioned, poked, prodded, and watched carefully. The inspectors are eventually led off by a portion of the guards and a couple officers, and you are then questioned endlessly about the trip. Food is brought, and comfortable furniture, and you are allowed to rest. A cadre of Gnomes arrives and carts off Freddie, poking at his new cybernetics and jabbering at each other as they disappear.

Finally, after several hours, you are released, and guided to the surface - to the floor of Omega Canyon, and home.

alright, I rememberthe names ofthe veteran characters, but everyone else, please put your character name in your posts for me.
also, please put your character sheets in This Thread

Everyone who has posted about the briefing arrives - the Giant must stand outside - there is a window through which he can peer.

A scarred man in heavy armor stand at the front of the room, eyes blacker than coal. He exudes an aura of calm control, and of something deeper, more troubling.
"Omega has suddenly undergone some dramatic changes. Currently, there is a great deal of confusion and activity. As a result of the successful completion of a mission no one thought would occur, Omega Base has become stable once more. Evacuations will be ceased immediately, and personnel will be recalled from their places of refuge.

In the midst of the chaos, though, some unfortunate side effects have manifested. Of most importance for you is the escape of several Omegas from tehir confinement. this isofconcern to you because we are sending you out to retrieve one."

The man in steel turns to a map: Omega at the center, and a vague rendering of city streets spreading out form there.

"She didn't get far. there's not mcuh space to run to, after all. She's located in the tradesmen's section of the industrial part of this ... Bridge City.

The target was once humanoid, but has lost control of her Flesh Magic. She has the capability of transmuting flesh to shapes suitable for her purposes, but at the moment, this transmutation is out of control, and she is a danger to herself and others. It is reported that she has already absorbed several civilians and ... dissolved at least a few more.

beware, she has the capability to spray corrosive liquid, and to emit a disorienting scream that can leave you acting irrationally.

Your goal is to contain her, and to bring the body back to Omega Base.

I will pause here to take questions."

Wake up.  What happened?
You awaken to the familiar smells, sounds, and sights of Gnome town. You turn your head nd blink, and a few Gnomes cme into view. One applies a dropper of liquid to each of your eyes, another begins speaking at you - or maybe to you? The third begins feeling your neck and moving along your body. Strange sensations niggle at your brain as the gnome pokes along your side.

There we go....I’m pretty sure I followed the rules with the upgrades. Further thoughts from Ozarck?
looks fine. Consider yourself up in the briefing above.

basic fired weapons cost 10 coin. ammo costs 1 coin for 10
[this still costs ten?]

Go to Briefing
say, 8 forthe bow, and 1 for a set of 10 arrows.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 01, 2018, 05:34:45 am »

The bird-headed woman (whose name is Eliza) chirps up.
"How would creature react to... flesh-that-is-not-flesh? My body is of flesh, but lies; in truth, clay.
Secondly, would creature become less chaotically shifting if were to calm down using magic?"

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 01, 2018, 07:23:32 am »

The undead medical ghoul would also raise a hand
"Further more, is it able to regenerate and I thought there would be forces in that city? "
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 01, 2018, 07:56:30 am »

also raises handDoes diamond corrode?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 85