Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 155151 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: They All Fall Down
« Reply #900 on: June 26, 2019, 05:37:24 pm »

Profile -> look and layout -> change theme -> darkling
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: June 26, 2019, 06:38:29 pm »

Profile -> look and layout -> change theme -> darkling
Thanks

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: June 26, 2019, 11:54:18 pm »

((I was going to suggest that Bruford could try becoming Gwyn's wielder, but she seems happy enough with the gorilla and Bruford already bought an axe, so...))

Try to find some large and empty area in which I could practice swinging my new axe. Considering my size, is it one handed or two handed?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: June 27, 2019, 10:13:15 am »

go find an empty area and practice dual wielding Gwyn and my spiked mace before letting Gwyn practice by herself

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: July 02, 2019, 08:08:45 am »

Yup.  And if it creates to any problems related to basically stealing stuff.  Also would like a size update at the end of the downtime.
You bring back:
1) a four foot tall clay pot which is sealed tightly, with a wax seal, an intricate metal clamp, and a rope net keeping the lid on. About a third of the way down the pot is a ring that progresses from one color to another around the pot. A hollow black triangle outlines a sort of glittery blue section of the ring. (1) hauling this item away does cause a bit of an outcry, and you are confronted by three angry ogres as you slither out of their cave dragging your loot. (2 v 3) they grip the pot and engage in a violent tug of war with you (2) breaking the pot and spilling it's contents - what looks like brilliant blue sand. It goes everywhere, but a pile of it remains at the feet of the ogres, and about a fifth of the contents remain in the pot. You grab the broken pot and scurry home while hte ogres try to scoop up the rest of the sand.

2) about a dozen gold rings. These are large enough that you carry them gripped in your mouth, like a puppy carrying a hula hoop. (6) Seven fairies flutter around the gold rings and accompany you back t o your cave when you get this item.

3) ... (6) oh.
You find a silver mechanical beetle. you nose it, and it cicks and flips over on it's back. you nose it again, and it clicks and flips onto it's stomach. You go to pick it up and it screams - the sound of dying salamanders - and leaps onto your forehead, where it's seven legs each burrow into a different part of your skull and mechanical parts. (1) the world around you goes rather psychadelic. nothing looks familiar, nothing makes sense. you can't feel your functional leg or left wing. The salamanders keep screaming.

hmm. adjust these measurements to make sense: 2 tons, 30 foot wingspan, 40 foot from snout to tail, of which about 2/5 is tail, 2/5 torso and 1/5 neck and head. (basically going off the "modest rhino" and bumping it up a bit. I forget what your previous dimensions were and don't see them on your charsheet.)

Find a rat or something small to practice fighting
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
there are rats around, and there are sapient creatures who can spar with you. wanna fight a rat or a sapient, or even a training dummy?

Purchase two runes of absorb person and one empty spell book
Spoiler: Vladen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: inventory (click to show/hide)
alright. done.

((I was going to suggest that Bruford could try becoming Gwyn's wielder, but she seems happy enough with the gorilla and Bruford already bought an axe, so...))

Try to find some large and empty area in which I could practice swinging my new axe. Considering my size, is it one handed or two handed?
It's one handed for you. (2) you attempt to climb onto the center plateau to prectice, but you keep tumbling, so you decide to stand still in the middle of the canyon and swing the axe overhead. It whispers for you to swing it at nearby creatures, or to climb the wall and go into the city to practice.

go find an empty area and practice dual wielding Gwyn and my spiked mace before letting Gwyn practice by herself
(2) you find it extremely cumbersome to duel wield a double ended morning star and a large scythe. (5) You let Gwen become humanoid and you spar. It's like a little dance. You are hesitant at first, but she seems quite responsive to your actions, and moves accordingly, to both avoid your attacks and avoid hitting you with her swings. You do discover that, with the double ended morning star and your size advantage, you outclass her in fighting ability. You feel that, were you to use your own natural weapons instead, you might be at an even greater advantage. On the other hand, in spite of your unfamiliarity with edged weapons, you find that using her as a weapon still has it's merits - a sort of combined energy between the two of you that makes your movements a bit more powerful than when alone.

Edit: reading the wrong character sheets or something. not sure where my brain was. Gwen has journeyman melee with +3 natural weapon skill and is a Small creature, while Kongor is a Large with basic melee and +1 unnatural weapon skill, but with a blunt weapon specialization. They are more or less evenly matched when she is fighting with her blades and he is fighting with the morning star, though she has advantage unless he goes into animal rage. With natural weapons, his skill is on par with a journeyman skill level, so she's have skill advantage, but he'd have reach and power advantage that overshadowed it, and would be at sigificant but not insurmountable advantage in animal rage.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 08:57:09 am by Ozarck »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: July 02, 2019, 09:14:13 am »

Fight a rat

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: July 02, 2019, 10:00:42 am »

What's a salamander?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: July 02, 2019, 10:22:17 am »

What's a salamander?
An amphibian from the group Caudata, also known as Urodales. They look like lizards but don’t have scales. That’s the real life ones, not sure on the fantasy ones, maybe similar?

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: July 02, 2019, 11:17:02 am »

(Well, I thought about those three stat things and I finally reached a conclusion)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: July 02, 2019, 07:44:13 pm »

..I'm aware there are a bunch of different interpretations.

(Anyway, since they're metaphorical salamanders..)

Enjoy the pretty colours.  Make them more fun by producing fire everywhere and rolling in it.  I want to see those colours dance and melt!

Also, those dimensions are those of a huge creature, but two tons is about the top of the large scale.  I've bumped the dimensions down to match.  IIRC, he was about thirteen feet from nose to tail previously.  He's still very young and quite small for a dragon.

If you feel he should be larger to better match your impression of him, I'll change the mass instead of the dimensions to make sense.  It would be about 35 tons, and would put him into huge.  Bruford would be a fair bit larger, and much heavier, but they'd be close enough to be pretty comparable.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 01:31:36 pm by Devastator »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: July 03, 2019, 07:15:31 am »

What? That's ridiculous! I would never do that! Does this thing think I'm stupid?

Don't climb the wall, that's obviously an attempt to get me killed. Instead, wander around and try to find some wild animals to chop.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: July 03, 2019, 07:40:48 am »

Wander through the city, see how that place is fairing since it's accidental teleportation we had no involvement in what so ever.
((Also if someone could link me the char sheet thread, I lost the link to it))
Spoiler: Vladen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 10:26:58 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: July 03, 2019, 09:54:30 am »

Charsheet fixed - i misunderstood substats, was corrected over discord.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: July 03, 2019, 11:19:58 am »

((Hey, in the arena, are 2v2 fights legal?))
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 85