Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 155048 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: Base Thread
« Reply #165 on: July 07, 2018, 06:08:38 pm »

"Silence scroll? Why didn't I think of that...certainly seems more reliable that a bunch of stones that go boom...If less spectacular"
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 08, 2018, 06:50:24 am »

feel around the walls for an opening

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 09, 2018, 06:59:14 am »

Turn One
Or
 "Let's hope the big clumsy giant trying to turn around in a confined space doesn't fall and crush us all."

(Well, at least the good thing about being paralyzed is that uncontrollable movements can't destroy much.)

Look down.  Did I vomit in front of this gnome?  That would be embarrasing.  Avoid eye contact since I can't move.
(3) a clear smell of antiseptic is prevalent in the area. Who knows if the old gnome was here when the antiseptic was applied though. You don't remember seeing him between your first awakening in Omega and now. Your lightheadedness and nausea are fading, and you become aware of those sensations from before again. Not as powerful at the moment, but still confusing.

Want to know how much a Wind Jump scroll costs.
Depends. What does a wind jump do?

Basically, a wind boosted jump for crossing buildings, leaping tall regular buildings, and generally boosting your jumps with Wind magic.

So, Cost for this GM?

Also,
Bow- 8 Coin
Translation Scroll-3 Coin
10 Arrows-1 Coin
Wind Jump- ? Coin

from character sheet.
hmm, say four coin for the wind jump.

Search about for any maps of the area
"Well, search about for any way out of here or signs of the...lady we are looking for."
You pull a map of the city out of your pocket. Good thing the Omega Officer stuffed it in there. There is a black circle at one point with a dotted line leading from a little archway into the city to the circle - your current location. The archway is the tunnel entrance, so you must be at the circle. ABout five blocks from teh circle and ten from Omega is an angry red circle - last known location of the target.

Fly from the omega canyon to the city, because that's a saner path than going under.
(6) you fly back down the tunnel, out into the canyon, up and over the center of Omega, and across to the city wall on the opposite side. (stamina roll: 1) You get to the base of the wall and have to land to catch your breath.

Start walking in the opposite direction. Back to the base!
(2) Lucky for everyone else, you only turn sideways and get wedged tightly into the narrow space.
In a voice surprisingly small for such a big being, you utter: "I'm a little stuck, guys. Can someone get a pry bar?"

Use the translation scroll. That's probably not a dead end.

"Hello? We just want to talk."
You ... what? (1) You use the translation scroll for some reason, and then shout into the corner. Your own voice echoes back at you, screaming in languages you don't believe exist within the realms of humanoidkind. It's rather disconcerting. Translation scroll will be active for (1) more turns. Hey, could be worse. Buford cold have rolled that 1.

"Annoyed statement: It would seem the gnomes failed to mention the epoxy would not have enough time to harden. If someone would like to take the silence scroll from this one, that would be swell, seeing as it would inevetably stick to this ones frame.

Statement: This one will now run a probability check, in order to figure out the most likely route to our target. Please hold..."

Let someone else grab the silence scroll. Then run Robutt Computing to try and determine the most probable route to our target. Once aqcuired, start heading over there.
hmm. I guess Vladen can hold it, he commented after you, so whatever. (no-roll) The most probable route to your target was to follow Buford at a safe distance, let him tear through the street overhead, and move five blocks to the location. THe Most probable route now is to abandon the giant to his fate, turn around, and head out of the tunnel, up one of the several narrow trails to the plateau above, find one of the many doors in the city wall, and go in through there. It's still possible to have Buford break the ceiling above his head, though, or to make a hole yourselves.

feel around the walls for an opening
(2) you are stymied by the huge chunk of iron blocking your way forward.
"Buford, could you move a little? I'm looking for clues."
"Uh ... no? No, I don't think I can."

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 09, 2018, 07:00:52 am »

Help with the clue searching

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 09, 2018, 07:51:50 am »

continue with the clue searching while watching to see if I need to dodge Bruford

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 09, 2018, 08:01:02 am »

Forcefully get out of there using my golem strenght. If this causes the ceiling to collapse, shield my body with my arms.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 09, 2018, 09:06:31 am »

Try to push the stuck guy and then stroll out through the arch way and take a look around.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 03:59:33 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 09, 2018, 09:16:07 am »

"So... Which way to the target?"

Run on ahead to speak with her before the scroll runs out. Try and calm her down.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 09, 2018, 09:29:32 am »

"Go down the tunnel, about five blocks from there."
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 09, 2018, 09:51:50 am »

"I think that the cat is going crazy. Do I stomp on it? It's making weird noises."
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 09, 2018, 10:39:35 am »

Okay, good.  What do I feel, exactly?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 09, 2018, 10:47:29 am »

Gonna try to save you guys a round of wandering about:

the archway on the map is the tunnel entrance in Omega.
The tunnel leads from Omega to your current location.
From your current location the target is either:
a) up through the ceiling and then five blocks.
or
b) back to Omega, up a side trail. through a door in a tall wall, and ten blocks out.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 09, 2018, 10:53:10 am »

Might have been nice to know before I used it. I also don't have enough for the Wind jump scroll.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 09, 2018, 11:32:28 am »

I think we were told multiple times, you probably didn't pay attention.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 09, 2018, 11:33:14 am »

How in the world did we end up in the canyon then?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 85