Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Gameplay sped up?  (Read 2034 times)

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gameplay sped up?
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2018, 01:03:05 pm »

I feel like the game has sped up... like within 2 migrants inflow i had over 100 dwarves and i sorta miss the more personal slow growth... now i have too many to keep up with, and i havent had any crimes happen or fun stuff like fights and tantrums and berserk rampages... its just been work work work.. did they tweak it or something? It feels so different.

The rate of immigration scales directly with how "successful" your fortress is. As your fortress management skills improve, there is a tendency to produce more expensive items faster. If you would prefer a slower start and can restrain yourself from making unnecessary junk, you will find that the game plays much like it did back when you started. In a recent test fortress I reached a population of 30 after 4+ migrant waves by limiting production to only the essentials.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gameplay sped up?
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2018, 04:01:42 pm »

That, or put in a recommendation in the suggestions subforum that we get some control over migrant waves. Even if it's something simple like a wealth benchmark like we have for titans arriving in the world generation choices
That probably won't get very far as the current migrant system is due to be scrapped, and Toady doesn't often like to replace placeholder systems with other temporary systems. But it won't happen until a comprehensive system is introduced which manages migration according to your fortress' relationship with its civ, which is Starting Scenarios, so several years yet.

In the meantime, looks like you can just order dwarves to leave, even if you don't have a hillocks to send them to, "for one of your hill settlements or otherwise. ", so you could be able to control migration that way for now, if you need to.
Pages: 1 [2]