Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Godslayers  (Read 2194 times)

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Godslayers
« on: June 14, 2018, 11:50:57 am »

Godslayers

Blessed with unstable, wild power, they fight to free mortals from the grip of tyrannous gods. They wield powers of Creation and Destruction, to purge gods who cling too long to their rule. They travel from realm to realm, bringing them into reality with each god they slay. There is little rest for them, being driven onward by their will and power until they die or become gods themselves.

Skills

Creation: The ability to magically create and restore. Can heal, create life and objects. Use must result in an increase of complexity.

Destruction: The ability to magically destroy and damage. Can wield forces of nature, disintegration beams, despair. Use must result in a reduction of complexity.

Prowess: Physical skill, strength and/or agility. Can be augmented, used to resist physical damage as well. Physical health.

Presence: Social ability. Can give commands, deception, inspiration.  Mental Health

Create and command legions of warriors. Wield storms to crash against foes. Duel giants, lead mortals to freedom.

The Godslayers are not bound by space or time. They are drawn ever onward, until they relinquish their power and die, or become gods themselves. The magic that fuels them is a wild one, harnessed just barely by their will. Some are mortal, driven to take up this power. Some were divine creations themselves, driven to take power.

Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

Game Stuff

You start with 6 might points, which you can use to resist injuries both physical and mental/spiritual, add a dice to your roll, assist another, and generally twist things to your advantage. You restore your might after slaying a god.

Corruption: The power you wield is that of the gods themselves, and can corrupt the Godslayers into god. You take corruption when you die and return, and can take corruption as part of a dark bargain or to automatically succeed on a roll. When you fill the corruption bar you transform into a god, and are whisked away. When you kill  a god, your corruption is rolled. If the roll is equal to or less than your corruption level you become a god (perhaps replacing the god you just killed). Passing the corruption test after killing a god resets your corruption.

Might costs:
Resist: 2 might
Add dice or +1 effect to own roll: 2 might
Assist another with their roll: 1 might

Health: Consequences for rolls could include damage, based on a scale of 1-4. You can have 2 of each level of damage. Level 1 damage causes -1 effect level, level 2 causes -1d in relevant stat, and level 3 requires you to spend might or receive assistance to act. Level 4 causes death.

Effect/Position
Effect is generally how strong an action is in relation to the strength of the target. Position is the risk level of your action, helping define potential consequences for failure.
Most of the time it’ll be risky position/ normal effect, but if you get the upper hand in a situation it can show in an improved position or effecf

Making a desperate position roll is risky, but it grants you an experience point. You can have your action become desperate if you want the experience, but it may be hazardous for your health!

Complicated spells/crafting: Creating new beings, armies, earth shaking storms and other marvels takes a bit more time than casting a fire ball. Based on the complexity, it could take multiple successful rolls (or a crit).

Misc. Stuff
When you are describing an action, feel free to describe what you are doing, stopping just short of the results.

Go big! Take epic actions!

The game is inspired by Mythender, which is free and you should check it out! http://mythendersrd.com/index.htm

Discord will be used to help facilitate rapid communication about your actions and effect level/position and such. Available here:
https://discord.gg/tD7bVr7

I’m looking for about 4 Godslayers to start. Let me know if you have any questions!
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Godslayers
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 12:01:49 pm »

PTW, May sheet.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 12:23:35 pm »

What he said. Sheet will be in this post.

Spoiler: sheet(wip 1/6) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 12:25:53 pm by The_Two_Eternities »
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 12:57:11 pm »

Name:Grognor,

Appearance: Monstrous, a massive crawling vehicle resembling a mechanical eye with tentacle like legs, within lies a gnome. The gnome is dressed in the traditional garb of an artificer, and can leave the machine to talk to people. But doing so forfeits his god-slaying powers for a short time.

Why do you fight the gods?: The gods have Long since worn out the goodwill of mortals, the time has come to strike them all down.

What is your strongest weapon?: My skill at artifice, with it I create vast factories, and powerful machines to slay my foes.

What will you become if the power consumes you?: A god of the machine. My domain would be robotics and robots. As a sign of my corruption every so often my Image flashes, revealing a Gnome, trapped within and horrified at what he, and his invention, have become.
Health:

Might: 4/6

Corruption 0/6

Experience 3/6

Stats:
Creation-2
Destruction-0
Prowess-2
Presence- 2
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 01:05:48 pm by dgr11897 »
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 01:56:39 pm »

I'm interested.

Spoiler: A person is in here (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 02:20:42 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 03:27:15 pm »

Name: The Child

Appearance: A small, disheveled, crippled child adorned in rags.

What is your strongest weapon?:The Child is a deceiver and a manipulator beyond compare.

What will you become if the power consumes you?: The Child will become the God of Lies where in the people around him will start hearing whispered lies just beyond the range of clear hearing. These lies whisper and scratch at the mind of anyone who listens to them seeking to take root.

Health:

Might: 6/6

Corruption 0/6

Stats:
Creation-2
Destruction-2
Prowess-
Presence- 2

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2018, 09:35:00 pm »

The Darkness rises. The Godslayers are drawn to this corruption, and from the Hallowed Halls they must set forth.

The group march down the bright hall, wide enough for legions of warriors. This day, it is empty except for the 4 Godslayers and the Oracle. The portal lay in front of them, connected to the realm of Ashernipath. The Oracle stands before the group, steel grey eyes looking at the Godslayers and nods in approval.

“Your first task lays before you. You have begun to master yourselves, and proved able to harness the ancient Power. You alone posses the ability to end the gods that tyrannize mortals across hundreds of worlds. But they will not go down easily.”   

“Ashernipath is a fearsome god, a giant with cruel appetites and tendencies. He rules over a wasteland of his own making, stripped bare by his greed. His domain lies over fire and the sun, be prepared for attacks from those sources. He sired giants from the mortal human stock, and they are just as bad as their father. They sacrifice men, women, and children in dark blood sacrifices, and feast on their corpses.”

“Ashernipath is empowered by these rituals and the worship of his dark heirs. Their society will need to be disrupted and purged to weaken the god. Save the mortals if you can, though rest assured that a quick death would be better than a fate from these monsters. “

“When you are ready, go through the portal. Stay strong, and may you return to us as Godslayers. “

(Glass, Jerick, and dgr11897 are accepted as first 3 Godslayers. Still have time to join in, and if you don’t make it in the first 4 there are will be reserves/ waitlist, and maybe a second team. So if you got a badass concept, create a character!)
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 09:36:59 pm »

OK. Can we take actions yet?
My Power armor arms race

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2018, 09:43:47 pm »

OK. Can we take actions yet?

You can move through the portal  :P

But good question! The Hallowed Halls have wards set up that prevent magic, and hides it from divine notice. So you can’t use your magic to create or destroy things in between missions.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2018, 10:05:44 pm »

ok sure

Name: Ravana the Holy Tyrant
Appearance: He has ten heads and doesn't afraid of anyone.

Why do you fight the gods?: Because they are there.

What is your strongest weapon?: The ineffable charisma of terror and strength.

What will you become if the power consumes you?: Some might say a god of fear and shadow who sips the nightmares of the dreaming dead. Others, a god of conquest unbound, doomed to unmake the universe. The reality, though? Probably a god of awful things like love and charity, because of the cruelty of fate.

Health:
- Might: 6/6
- Corruption 0/6

Stats:
Creation-0
Destruction-2
Prowess-2
Presence-2

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2018, 10:06:39 pm »

PTW
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2018, 10:08:42 pm »

Can most of you who are playing please join the discord
Plan v1,
1. establish base of operations and gather info
2. Begin sun dimming operations
3. create cursed swords (design is in the discord) and distribute them to several giants
4. Kill any giants that catch on, or prove problematic.
5. while the above is occuring, and all throughout really gather army of commoners, arm them, create robotic warriors to augment them.
6. when the sun god catches on, begin final confrontation.
My Power armor arms race

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2018, 02:37:10 am »

Heyo. I'm definitely interested here.

Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2018, 11:05:02 am »

(Going to retcon the 4 Godslayers to 5, so both Max Spin and Mallos are accepted. )

The Godslayers enter the portal and emerge from the other side, into the open air. They drop, falling to the ground. Grognor the machine begins to tumble. 

Before them lays an wide expanse of sky, blue with wispy clouds trailing through the air. The sun blazes harshly overhead. Below lies a yellow desert, broken up by jutting stones carved by the wind. The sand might provide a cushion for your landing

Oh, and an angry dragon looks ready to devour you.

Nearly a hundred meters long, bright red scales flashing in the sunsFuriously beating its wings, it is charging at the falling Godslayers. It roars a challenge at them, flames spitting from its mouth.

Unfortunately it seems your entrance was somewhat prepared for.
What do you do?

(2 situations here. First one is the dragon charging you. Second one is you are quickly approaching terminal velocity as you fall to the earth. I’m going to make 2 clocks to represent these two dangers. These clocks will advance by 1 every turn, but may be reduced or increased due to consequences.

Due to the circumstances, your position is desperate, which increases the consequences but grants you a point of experience! Since this is the first battle, I will also give bonus experience for using might to aid others, giving yourself a bonus die, and resisting injuries. To aid others, consider if your regular action could assist another character narratively. If it does, consider spending a might point to add a bonus dice to their roll! Also, you should be able to roll on the discord. Good luck, feel free to ask questions!)

Clocks:
The Dragon Calls for Aid: 1/4
Crash into the Ground: 1/4

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2018, 01:27:30 pm »

with my first action in this new realm, I grognor, Retrofit my robotic body, creating and activating thrusters attempting to slow my fall. (Creation, 2 Dice?)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 03:10:42 pm by dgr11897 »
My Power armor arms race
Pages: [1] 2 3