Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Godslayers  (Read 2191 times)

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Godslayers
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2018, 03:05:25 pm »

The Child was falling. Wind rushed past his ears creating a loud howling sound and beneath him the ground approached him at an unsettlingly rapid pace. It seemed being granted god killing power did not make the world any less hostile to his existence. His powers increased and the world only stepped up it's efforts to crush and destroy him. His mind raced searching for a means to save himself. The answer to his dilemma came in the form of a charging dragon that was fast approaching the little group. He reached out with his mind and like a thief tried to slip past the mental defenses of the great beast. He was trying to seed lies into it's mind and convince it the falling figures were people that needed to be saved if it was ever to truly get what it wished.

The Child uses Presence to make the dragon catch the falling godslayers

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2018, 05:08:30 pm »

Octal grabs onto Grognor's vehicle and swings up to its top, then shoots off a blast of Destruction magic at the dragon to reduce its complexity - specifically, removing its vocal cords and understanding of speech.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2018, 05:11:48 pm »

Ravana looked left and right over the lesser comrades around him. Seeing one attempt to twist the mind of a dragon, he smirked, and hurled a spear of nothing into the monster's thoughts, aiming to shatter its resistance.

Ravana rolls Destruction to weaken the dragon versus mind control, and spends a might point for the Child's action, I guess?

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2018, 11:15:34 pm »

John opens his eyes wide. The wind rushing past him is exciting, so is the weightlessness he feels as he plummets toward the sand. He begins to laugh hysterically. It's been a long time since he felt this eager... but he'd stop to smell the roses later. Right now there was a petulant little dragon to deal with.

Channel my spite for the dragon into it, aiming to reduce its insides into mere ashes. That'll teach it to even think about defying me!
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2018, 01:11:56 pm »

The wind whistles by as the Godslauers fall through the air.

(6)
Grognor the mechanical tank acted quickly, forming thrusters on the sides and bottom of his body. They rumbled to life, arresting his fall with a roar. The Dragon dived at Grognor with a roar, but the tank nimbly dodged out of the way.

Grognor is no longer falling, and has Great Position for his next action.

(3)
The Child’s aura seemed to grow darker, swelling with lies he crafted to turn the Dragon from a foe to friend. His voice would not carry well in the wind, so he attempted a mental link.
The Child reached out with his presence. The Dragon roared as he fought against the confusion filling his thoughts . But dragons are strong willed creatures, and this one hardened its will against the Child, and his mental assault was rebuffed. The aura faded around the Child as his lies were defeated.

The Child is still falling, and his attempt to turn the dragon failed, will have to try a different approach. Suffers level 1 harm Drained, can be resisted with 2 might

(4)
Acting quickly, Octal swung up on the now flying Grognor, narrowly avoiding the darting dragon. He focused his power and an ... emptiness formed in around his hand clutching the spear. With his will he sent the bolt of power into the dragon. It cried out as its vocal cords and understand of speech withered. Angrily it turned and whipped its tail into Octal, spikes tearing into his skin and sending him flying off of Grognor.

Octal is still falling, sustained Level 2 harm Slashed chest (can avoid damage for 2 might).

Causes 2 damage to Dragon ( 6/8 health left)

(1)
Ravana falls freely through the air, watching the dragon fly past with his 20 eyes. He forms a spear of nothingness in his hands and flings it towards the dragon’s mind with a thought
The spear homes into the dragon, but it twists in the air, seizing it in its talons. The spear turns black from the remaining lies harrying the dragon. With a diminished, croaked roar it sends it screaming back into Ravana’s body.

And then Ravana knew that the dragon was actually his friend and ally, and the other Godslayer’s were actually assassins sent to kill him.

Level 3 Harm suffered: Enthralled. Can reduce by 2 to Level 1 dazed by resisting.
Still falling.

(Critical success, 2 6s!)
John falls, arms wide and joyful. The Dragon circles back around the Godslayers and John’s joy turns to spite. Is boiling red magic pours out of him , and with a shout sends it shooting into the Dragon.
The Dragon tried to dodge the attack, but the spiraling red magic sinks into the dragon’s scales, enveloping the dragon. It cried out it pain as it started to dissolve its organs. It begins to plummet to the ground.

Causes 4 damage to the dragon (2/8 health remaining)

John is still falling.

Clocks:
Dragon calls for aid: 2/4
Crash into the ground: 2/4

Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2018, 01:19:49 pm »

I create a skyship, the starlady, a small flying ship about the size of a cutter, just large enough to hold six people comfortably, with a special space for me.(creation 2d6 great position).
Then I leap off to pick up Octal, the child, and john, tossing them towards the ship.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 03:32:30 pm by dgr11897 »
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2018, 01:48:24 pm »

No worries about my chest! I am certain it will heal into a magnificent swashbuckler's mark! :))
Another might to help Grognar with doing their thing and grab us all!
...and also, try to sever Ravana's mindlink.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 04:25:30 pm by Glass »

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2018, 03:29:34 pm »

The effort in trying to bend the dragon's will to his own was something the Child found unexpectedly immense. The attempt left him feeling drained. These powers were new to him and he had made the mistake of overestimating what he was capable of. As he fell he lost track of what everyone else was doing in the chaos of the rapid descent and the attacking dragon. There was nothing for it but thankfully there was something the Child could do to prevent his approaching collision even if the efforts of his teammates failed. The Child pulled off a strip of rags from his clothing and poured some power into them stretching them out and turning it into a parachute. Teammates. He reflected on the word as he worked. He'd never been on a team, he had never worked with anyone else. This whole concept of having allies was new to him and he glanced at his allies with barely contained suspicion. He had no idea how he was supposed to interact with them. But he set aside such thoughts as he finished his parachute and the dragon came round for another pass.

The Child crafts a parachute using rags and the creation skill

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2018, 03:35:34 pm »

"Assassins! Assassins everywhere! To me, O great dragon! We must kill these fools before they kill us!"

Ravana rolls Prowess to land on his new ally so we can properly begin killing the enemy!

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2018, 10:01:06 pm »

"THAT'LL TEACH YOU TO EVEN LOOK ME IN THE EYES, FOOLISH DRAGON!", John screams into the wind like a madman. Snapping out of his rage for a moment, he realizes that the ground is starting to look dangerously close. He curses under his breath and tries his best to concentrate on his desire to not hit the ground.

John rolls Creation to grow large and colorful wings from his back.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2018, 12:51:30 pm »

(6)
Power crackles out of Grognor, twisting about and reforming the particles of the air around him. The lines of electricity start to take shape into a streamlined cutter. Octal, landing upon Grognor’s chassis, helps him channel and direct the power, catching stray arcs and putting them into place.

The electricity begins to die away, leaving behind the starlady (describe your creation dgr, like what it looks like, and how does it fly?)

(4)
After assisting Grognor create his ship, Octal aimed to free Ravana from his mental domination. Seeing the thread connecting the two, Octal empowered his spear with anti magic, making it shimmer in the light with distorting waves. He then threw it through the mental link connecting Ravana to the Dragon. The spear cut clean through, sailing away into the air. While it freed Ravana from mental domination, the delusion remained in place, making it hard for him to concentrate.

(3)
Ravana was joining the friendly dragon plummeting to earth. He would crush those assassins seeking to kill him! He would . . . A spear flashed by, and suddenly Ravana felt very woozy. He dropped.
Ravanna remains incapacitated, though no longer mind controlled. He can push himself costing 2 might to take an action, or just ask for help while dropping through the sky.

(5)
The Child forms his parachute, ballooning out and slowing his fall. While he does have control of it, it’s not fast and could be an easy target for, say, a fire spitting dragon.

(5)
John cackles as wings begin to sprout from his back. He turned and looked at them and smiled. They were large and beautiful! John is no longer falling.

The Dragon, unharassed for the moment, regains control of his flight. He swerved around to a pillar and lands on it, and raises his head. Fury fills his eyes as he summons his rage, and launches a fireball at the the Starlady. The driver or someone can spend 2 night to dodge the attack, or make a roll to avert it. (Changed the consequence from calling for aid because his vocal cords have been damaged.)

Clocks:
Dragon calls for aid: 3/4!

Crash into the ground: 3/4 (I believe only Ravana is currently in danger of this)

Dragon Health: 2/8
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 04:10:02 pm by chubby2man »
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2018, 12:55:34 pm »

Ravana shouts: "I WOULD LIKE TO NOT BE FALLING NOW."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2018, 03:41:08 pm »

A. Do I need to recover my spear?
B. How would the dragon call for aid? It can't make any noises, it lacks vocal cords.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2018, 04:08:23 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2018, 04:14:31 pm »

Destruction magic. Dragon wings. Wouldn't they be so much simpler if they didn't exist?
Make it so.
Pages: 1 [2] 3