Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: GridLand Survival 3: An Adventure in Trial and Error.  (Read 12543 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: GridLand Survival 3: An Adventure in Trial and Error.
« Reply #165 on: June 30, 2018, 10:12:59 pm »

Bernard seconds all of Dr. Diablito's name suggestions.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 01, 2018, 09:04:02 am »

#//"K then, I would think Sunbursts would be better, but if you say so."

Also still waiting for Tex to talk.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 08:15:37 am by TricMagic »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 05, 2018, 12:37:30 pm »

Bump to Maximum spin and everyone else.

Study the Failed Farm and Identify each flower there, by roots if necessary. Then Determine which seed corresponds to which flower at their locations.
{Should remember which seeds I planted where, so figuring out which seeds are which will help in future endeavors.}

5 Research into Mana Sensing. I will get this skill active.

Excitable Labor Boost.

[Note, I am scrapping this farm. Pull everything out during my study and figure out what's going on. The fungus grows on the roots. Check the dirt too, and make heavy use of my Psychic abilities to turn the earth up and generally Study EVERYTHING!~ in this plot. I need to figure out which ones are growing the Fungus.]

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 05, 2018, 08:03:31 pm »

I'm honestly not too sure what to do.

I guess I'll move back to E6 and go gathering some more, while I continue researching buckets.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 05, 2018, 08:18:26 pm »

Is this game still a thing? I want to know if I can start making a new game, or if I need to wait to see if I am going to be obligated to do a Gridland Survival.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 06, 2018, 07:34:12 am »

Holidays I'm guessing. Give it 2 more days.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 06, 2018, 08:00:09 am »

Is this game still a thing? I want to know if I can start making a new game, or if I need to wait to see if I am going to be obligated to do a Gridland Survival.
I was going to update before the holidays but not everyone had their actions in. I have been looking through earlier updates and found some problems with the inventory that I am partially through fixing.

I probably could get it done tonight If I did not have a sword fighting competition tonight. I should have the update up within the next three days. Two days If I write quickly enough.   

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 06, 2018, 01:02:27 pm »

caelum's action
I retreat away from the lizard, gathering as many crystals as I can before running the heck away.
#// I might need some assistance...
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 10, 2018, 12:23:29 am »

GridLand Survival 3: Year 1, Turn 8(Summer)

#Tip 1# In the future someone should specify that they are feeding the fire, if you want to keep it fed. This time I gave you a pass and had Dr. Diablito keep the fire fed.
#Tip 2# There are many creatures which like to eat weakened prey.
#Tip 3# You can use fire as a weapon.

It is cooling down a bit and it is fairly plesant. People who are resting or doing light enough work are healed more if they are injured. Also you see the large bald animal in G7 move to the southwest corner of F6. It looks at Dr.Diablito hungrily and seems to be heading towards him. it is currently moving slowly. It looks scary it has yellow reflective skin with large black protruding veins. It has a patch of tiny black spikes which come from between the sharp horns on its head.
There are death sprites sitting on it's horns and red colored sprites grab hold of it's tail. Any oyher sprites nearby flee from it.
The grass sprites in the fields are moving to were they are on the side of the farm furthest from this creature. 

Bernard(Supernerd)
You move from F6 to E6.
You use the Light, large, bubble filled, red stone gathering tool to gather fruit. Becase of the tools light weight you find easy to move. It works decently for gathering fruit but would be ill-suited to any digging work.
You gather a 4 yellow tree fruit. They look slightly overripe and have become a slightly brown yellow instead of the dull red-yellow they had in earlier pickings. you also see some black versions of the same fruit and note that these fruits have pits as seeds.
You also find some red tree berries that hang from some trees. You gather 10 Units.
You also spot a small amount of half-a-hand sized green fruits with a rough skin. You gather 10 Units of it. 
You assist The Medicinal Propeties of Flowers I research. You make 5 research points in The Medicinal Propeties of Flowers I

You eat four small petalless flowers.
Dr. Diablito(Zazmio):
You rest.
In your rest you regenerate 4 HP you seem to be recovering at a decent speed, although the symptoms still affect you.

You also briefly fed the fire. You fed one stick to the fire.

You research Herbalism. You made 8 progress. 

Texcoco(Maximum Spin):
You move to E6 and gather.

You notice many grass sprites are migrating from F6 to E6 as you travel. You also notice that the sprite ecosystem in E6 seems almost swarming with sprites. You see mostly grass and tree sprite, but there are still quite few stone/earth sprites there. The earth sprites are diffuclt to find not because they are not there but rather because there are so many other sprites that it is hard to get a rough count of them at all. Death and fungi sprites seem to be strangely absent from here. They mushrooms here look to be either suffering, or alternitively they have released spores already. 

You research simple containers(buckets) further. You make 5 progress.

Jaynie Morgan(0cra_tr0per):
You look for some thing to bandage wounds with. You could tie a leaf to your wound but you are not sure if that would help.
You also consider that if you had a flexible material you could wrap it to help it heal. You also consider washing it out with water to clense it. the water looks clean but you are still slightly suspicious because you know how much disease can come from the water.
Your body has already scabbed over the injury. (I probably should have given you some health back already but I actually forgot that you cut yourself on a rock until now ops.)
So 2hp of it has healed so far.
the last point is healed by your choice of such a light activity.
You research the Medical propetries of flowers.

Star(TricMagic):

You study the failed farm.

You find that there is a fungus growing on all of the plants which you previously observed as having death sprites around them. Also, the red flowers usually have the same fungus. The red flowers with 
the fungus did better. Another thing you noticed when digging up the roots is that several of the plants had extensive root networks which seemed to choke out some of the other plants. One of the plants started growing horrible thorn covered stickers. which is not what you remember planting there.
Most of the higher numbered grass seeds were mangled very badly by the compination of heat, fungus, and being choked out by what seems to be
8# is growing everywere and killing the other plants by choking them out by surounging them whith its expansive tiny roots. Appaently the root tips of this plant can sprout into plants. Also all the plants you planted close enough to each other connected their roots together. Some of the seeds did not even receive a chance to sprout because their roots could not penetrate well enough in the soil they grew in. 9#, 7#, and 6# were hit the hardest.   

You research Mana sensing. You make 5 progress.

You eat small yellow flower stems. It takes 2 small yellow flower stems to fill you up.
Caelum(dgr11897):
You gather as many crystals as you can indescriminately before running past the lizard as fast you can. As you run the lizards tail smashes into you and launches you across the cave were you smack into the sloped wall. You suffer -3HP

Your diagnostic is interupted by you taking damage. You continue with your Diagnostic. It will take one more turn.
No one else can assist with your diagnostic.
Spoiler: Buildings (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Science (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Places (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character List (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Communal Inventory (click to show/hide)
Total Food Consumption per turn=8.5
7-11 turns until starvation.(dependent on what gathered materials are edible.)

If I made any mistakes please point them out.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 10, 2018, 07:26:52 am »

#//"Dr. Diabolito, best move over to the sphere. I've got a plan."

Excitable-Labor boost
Actions: Prep the failed farm to burn, place some grass there over it all. Pick up the ball of Nettles Psychically, and use it to grab some of the fire. Be careful, and keep a firm grip on the non-spiky part of the nettles. Set fire to the failed farm. Finally, dip a torch in the flames to light it.

Research this Turn, Mana Sensing

If the Doctor wouldn't mind wrapping some more of the Nettles around the base of the torch-head, that would be appreciated. (Unless I can also do this prep)
Oh, and let's grab that fire-pear too. I'm ready.

Preps mental voice #//"Hey you big bully!! ~Come pick on someone more your size!!~~ Weakling Prey!"

Planning is as follows.
  • It seems to use it's horns to charge. They're either super sharp or super dull, either way is good for me.
  • It's tail is surrounded by red sprites. It either is a symbol of flame, or blood. If the second, it uses force and the gravity of it's opponent to attack/smash it's prey to death.

Advantages on my side-
  • I'm much small than its usual prey. This is a weakness until you consider this-
  • Levitation~
  • Psyonics~
  • And Fireproof~

My weight and size become huge advantages with a Pole-arm like this Torch. I can use it and my levitation to lift myself off the ground!
Psyonics also allow me to add a boost to my movement by using the torch to pull me around. So I'm no falling beast to be skewered.

It likely uses it's tail to smash and lift before piercing, but that's where I can attack. The force of the tail works off it's opponent's weight, but by removing friction and gravity around me, I can use it to be pushed around instead.

By Manipulating my weight and movements, I can remain safe as long as I'm not on the ground when it attacks. And I can push off it's charge by using it's head. Free Airtime for me~

This Firepear's juice is also something I can squeeze in it's eyes to blind it. And I can use my torch to burn it as I pass by~ It might also help if I throw it in it's mouth afterward, if I can.

Smart is active for battle~Plan is set~ to~ Execute!

OoC Note[The mental challenge will activate at turn.]

#//"So, What do you think?"

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 10, 2018, 06:15:32 pm »

#//"I'll assume that your choice of words meant that you intended to summon me"

Concerned that his comrade may be greatly overestimating her own abilities, Bernard returns home to assist in the hopes that the creature would prefer to avoid getting into a fight with someone as large as himself.

Bernard moves from E6 to F6
Bernard uses the ability "Guardian" to protect Star and Dr. Diablito, and raise his defense from 8 to 10 for this turn.
Free Research: Continue research on Shelter

Equipment used this turn: N/A
Naming action: Rename "Light, large, bubble filled, red stone gathering tool" to "Red Tree Gathering Tool"

Spoiler: nitpick (click to show/hide)

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 10, 2018, 08:30:46 pm »

//# "Hells bells!  That thing is being controlled by those sprites, I just know it!  Those sprites have it in for me, I tell ya!"

Dr. Diablito:  Dodge any attacks from the thing.  Stay behind the meatshield Bernard.  Use stealth to hide if given the opportunity, and throw rocks and things at it from a hidden position.

Research:  The Medicinal Properties of Flowers I

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 10, 2018, 09:18:20 pm »

#// "Do I need to take part in this fight? I think I'm just going to stay here."

Tex searches E6 for any useful-looking rocks littering the forest floor, especially sharp ones. He probably knows that rocks are most easily found near runoff streams where rainwater collects, washing away the soil. In the process, he researches cutting tools.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 11, 2018, 07:56:29 am »

#//"Mou.. If you guys are nearby without a weapon, you'll get hurt too!"

#//"Stay a bit back unless I get seriously hurt, okay?"

"Dr. Diablito! Keep the fire fed, would you?"

"And could you wrap nettles around the torch for me? Here, just use your Psy to do it."

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 11, 2018, 09:36:57 am »

Jaynie Morgan

Main action: Cook the eggs with the fire after feeding it with a few sticks.

Free Research: The Medicinal Properties of Flowers
it's over
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13