Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: GridLand Survival 3: An Adventure in Trial and Error.  (Read 12553 times)

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
Re: GridLand Survival 3: An Adventure in Trial and Error.
« Reply #150 on: June 26, 2018, 10:37:53 am »

Jaynie Morgan

#//It may be a good idea to get yourself healed, Diablito. Although since the cause of injury probably has to do with being poisoned, we know we'll need some form of antitoxin and not something to help with physical harm.

Main action: Go underneath the tree at F6's shade, and begin cracking nuts. If they have seeds, put them in the farm.

Free research: The Medicinal Properties of Flowers
it's over

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 26, 2018, 11:52:41 am »

Which one?

Also cost labor to plant seeds, so you would be checking to see if you could get them.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 29, 2018, 07:29:08 pm »

So... Is this game still a thing?
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 29, 2018, 11:04:22 pm »

Yes, I just had an unexpected tragedy happen. I have about two thirds of the update done. I might finish it tonight. Even if I do I won't be posting till tommorow morning anyways. I have had a fairly frustrating few days. 

Edit:

By the way, If you want to name something you need to have a second player accept the name before the item is referred to by that name in the game.
I think this piece of information was already in the OP. But no one has seconded anyone else's name suggestions this game despite multiple players submitting possible names. 
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 11:30:23 pm by High tyrol »

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 30, 2018, 12:44:28 am »

GridLand Survival 3: Year 1, Turn 7(Summer)

#Tip 1# When you have sufficent momentum, Damage is doubled. Your effective attack is doubled. But so is the enemies attack.

It is still very hot, any actions in a tile without trees or water would have -1 labor due to the heat. However, your desert dwelling species ability protects you in fact, any non-injured players(full HP) have a 1+ labor boost.
Also you see a large bald animal appear in G7. It appears to have been following the river. It also looks skinny. It has two very large spikes growing from its forelegs. It has four legs. it is currently heading northeast.
It looks scary it has yellow reflective skin with large black protruding veins. It has a patch of tiny black spikes which come from between the sharp horns on its head.
There are death sprites sitting on it's horns and red colored sprites grab hold of it's tail. Any oyher sprites nearby flee from it.

Bernard(Supernerd)
You move from E6 to F6.
You create 1 sharp shiny black stone gathering tool.
You create 1 dull orange yellow stone gathering tool.
You create 3 Light, large, bubble filled, red stone gathering tool.
You create 1 small red stone gathering tool.

You assist The Medicinal Propeties of Flowers I research. You make 5 research points in The Medicinal Propeties of Flowers I

You eat two small petalless flowers and two petalled small yellow flowers.

Dr. Diablito(Zazmio):
You eat some of the small, thick, knobby root. It calms the churning sensation in your stomach. You also find you seizures slowly reducing in intensity. 
As you rest you feel more relaxed. It become easier to breath but you still have semi-frequent attacks of labored breathing.
1HP is resrored. You think that the knobby root may have contirubuted. 

You complete firemaking. You made 7 progress. 
You have started a campfire on the tile F6.

Texcoco(Maximum Spin):

You use your shaministic ability to help Star study the farms.

When you get here you notice that there is a large amount of Fungi sprites here. That is strange because you don't see many mushrooms here. You also notice there are more grass sprites here than in the forest. The transplanted sprites did make a difference to the numbers.
You also notice there are quite a few earth sprites of both the brown and grey varieties. You also see a small amount of water sprites. This area seems completely devoid of death sprites. 
The overall number of fungi sprites is increasing.

In the older farm, you notice that there are brown colored earth sprites near the small yellow flowers.
You notice that both of the plant types in this farm have grass sprites around them. There are no fungi sprites around the garden.
There are also a small amount of water sprtie nearby.

In the newer farm, you notice that there are not any earth sprites. Youn notice that there are fungi sprites in this plot.
There is a decent amount of water sprites here. The amount of water sprites here is slowly decreasing. The grass sprites that sre here are smaller.
A small amount of the grass sprites here are yellow tinted. the yellow tinted sprites are slowly shrinking away. 
You also spot a few death sprites pop up in the course of your study. They pop up near the yellow tinted grass sprites.
You see the death sprites eat the shrinking yellow grass sprites.

You research simple containers(buckets) further. You make 5 progress.

Jaynie Morgan(0cra_tr0per):
You begin cracking nuts in the trees of F6 shade. You fing they do not have seeds. You crack all of the nuts.

You research the Medical propetries of flowers.

Star(TricMagic):

You study the farms with Tex. You help him to identify which plants were which.
You also mote that the soil in farm one looks to be a darker color thn the soil from farm 2.

You notice that all of the plants from farm 1 are doing well. You also realise that seed #4 grows into many petalled small yellow flowers.
It might be a good time to name this plant. If you wait one turn you can collect more of seed #4. Or you can collect flowers now.

Seed #5 has grown into the same purple flowers you picked them from. They look healthy.

In farm #2, everything is a mess. Some of the plants you planted choked each other out, while others died from the heat. When you look through it you find it unlikely that this plot will give you any harvest. If you wanted to plant new plants you would need to remove the old ones, somehow. maybe you could try to find out all the reasons why this plot failed.     

You research Mana sensing. You make 5 progress.

You eat small yellow flower stems. It takes 2 small yellow flower stems to fill you up.
Caelum(dgr11897):
You dash away from the spider and it has difficulty keeping up with you. You duck into one of the side passages that you remeber was filled with crystals.
You hide behind a very large cloudy crystal. The spider loses track of you and turns away. You notice the room has larger crystals on one wall and smaller on the other.
When you shine your light at the crystals it reflects a decent amount of the light in an unfocused way. You notice that the floor is jaged because of the crystals embedded in the ground. In one corner, you notice that the crystals are surrounded and mixed with somkme shiny yellow rocks. You find that it is softer than most rock but the crystals there are firmly secured into the wall.
some of the crystals one the floor are loose so you collect four from there. You also grab some elongated rhombus shaped crystals with a dull red color these crystals absorb your light when you shine it at them. When the light is pointed in another direction the rock glows red at the spots the light shined at. 
You notice that this crystal passage has a fairly steep incline downwards further in. The passage down is lined with many crystals and gems which glitter different colors. 
When you look outside this passage, you see that the giant lizard is sitting right outside this cavern.

Do you attempt to get out to the main chamber so you could explore more or retrace your steps? Or do you progress deaper into this crystal filled tunnel?

You continue with your Diagnostic. It will take one more turn.
No one else can assist with your diagnostic.

Spoiler: Buildings (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Science (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Places (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character List (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Communal Inventory (click to show/hide)
Total Food Consumption per turn=8.5
7-10 turns until starvation.(dependent on what gathered materials are edible.)

If I made any mistakes please point them out.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 09:45:44 am by High tyrol »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 30, 2018, 12:57:55 am »

I was supposed to have eaten 2 of the flowers that did have petals and 2 that did not. Instead of 4 that did not.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 30, 2018, 01:11:23 am »

I was supposed to have eaten 2 of the flowers that did have petals and 2 that did not. Instead of 4 that did not.
I compared this one with the last update and there used to be 11 petaled flowers now there are 9. For the I pearled there used to be 3 now there are 1

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 30, 2018, 01:14:56 am »

Oh. I was confused because the update stated "You eat four small petalless flowers."

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 30, 2018, 01:17:50 am »

Oh. I was confused because the update stated "You eat four small petalless flowers."
oh... oops. I think I left that in there from the last update I must have forgotten to delete the copy pasted stuff from the last update.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 30, 2018, 02:10:54 am »

#// "I believe the second farm plot is suffering from inadequate irrigation. We should work on a way to move more water there."

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 30, 2018, 07:00:19 am »

((What's with The Medicinal Properties of Flowers taking forever? And why are the nuts not giving seeds for the tree they came from, if acorns are a type of IRL nut that are seeds for oak trees?))

Jaynie Morgan

Main action: Find something to bandage my wounds with so they can heal more easily and hopefully prevent infection.

Also designate safe food as the large nuts, eating 2 per day and the rest being mystery food.

Free research: The Medicinal Properties of Flowers
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 07:32:32 am by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 30, 2018, 09:18:12 am »

You can get an estimate on how long it will take to finish researching something by the amount of question marks there are in the tech screen. One question mark means it will only take a few turns, Two question marks means it is either a difficult tech or you are missing prerequisites and it will take a fair bit longer. No more than five question marks will be displayed, but the scale goes beyond that. If a tech would have more than five question marks it will display as if it had five question marks, but can potentially require thousands of research points to complete or even be literally impossible to do. You will not be told if something is completely impossible or not.

It is a two question mark technology. A one question mark technology can take up to 20 research points, so we can expect a two question mark technology to cost... somewhere between 21 and 100 is my estimate. Its not an error. Its a difficult tech and we were informed that it was a difficult tech the very first time someone started research on it.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 30, 2018, 09:31:21 am »

#//"If anyone is going foraging, make sure you don't forget to grab one of the Gathering Tools."

#//"I'm willing to try eating anything that has been demonstrated to not be lethal. Let me know if you want me to eat a specific thing"

Bernard returns to food collection duty. The forest area seemed like the best place to forage right now because of both the shade provided by the trees, and the gathering tools that make tree gathering more effective. Bernard considers eating one of the Yellow Tree Fruits, but decides to let some of the smarter tribe members take care of the testing as they appeared to know what they are doing.

Bernard moves from F6 to E6
Bernard uses a gathering tool (As below) to collect food at E6 with a moderate emphasis on fruit.
Free Research: Continue research on Shelter

Equipment used this turn: 1 Light, large, bubble filled, red stone gathering tool.

Spoiler: nitpick (click to show/hide)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 30, 2018, 09:51:24 am »

#// "I believe the second farm plot is suffering from inadequate irrigation. We should work on a way to move more water there."

"That isn't the problem here Tex.. Something is killing them, and I believe I know the culprit.."

"The red flowers I picked early on had Fungi growing on them, their roots specifically."

"That red flower is in here somewhere."

#//"Everyone! Seed 4 is the Yellow many petaled flower. I think it's time we named it!"

#//"Also, the 5th seed is the purple flower, for now, it should be temporarily named the purple flower seed for convenience."

Also, new safe food: Small yellow flowers, minus the petals.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 10:10:55 am by TricMagic »

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 30, 2018, 10:03:36 pm »

//# "
Naming action: Bernard names the Large Yellow Flower "Sunflower"
Naming action: Bernard names the Small, white, flaky Stones "Chalk"

Dr. Diablito seconds these names.  Now, if anyone would second these names, it would be appreciated:

I name the green and yellow grubs "Googrubs" and declare them safe.
I name the small thick knobby roots "Mediknob" and declare them for medical use but not normal food use.
I name the needle shaped purple roots "Purpleroot" and declare them safe.
I name the yellow fruit "Firepears" and declare them extremely hazardous.
" #//

For his action, Dr. Diablito rests.

Research:  Herbalism
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13