Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: GridLand Survival 3: An Adventure in Trial and Error.  (Read 12570 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: GridLand Survival 3: An Adventure in Trial and Error.
« Reply #135 on: June 24, 2018, 05:38:07 pm »

Hold on a moment... Your brother made the map and your mother is helping you come up with ideas...

If updating this forum game is like an activity for your entire family, then you'll almost certainly make it to turn 33! Uh oh. I guess I better start thinking about how I'm going to actually set up the sequel!
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 25, 2018, 01:40:58 am »

Caelum takes his actions.
#\\ Hostiles identified, engaging combat systems.
With that he jumps and goes to town on the things that are clinging to the ceiling. As well as anything else living within the cave.
He continues his thing from last turn( the systems diagnostic/analysis, I can't remember which it is.)
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 25, 2018, 09:43:56 pm »

GridLand Survival 3: Year 1, Turn 6(Summer)

#Tip 1# When you have sufficient momentum, Damage is doubled. Your effective attack is doubled. But so is the enemies attack.

It is very hot, any actions in a tile without trees or water has -1 labor due to the heat.Due to cold lover, Jaynie would suffer double penalties. However as she spent only one labor point this turn nothing was dropped. 

Bernard(Supernerd)
You move from F5 to E6.
You forage in E6 for sticks and fruit.
You find 8 decently sized sticks on the ground. You find 2 larger branches on the ground. You find 4 hand sized nuts. You find 8 yellow tree fruit. 

You research Shelter. You make 5 research points in Shelter.

You eat four small petalless flowers.
Dr. Diablito(Zazmio):
You taste test first.
The grubs do not make you feel sick. They are goey and a bit bland they would taste better cooked but are better tasting than mystery food. 
The knobby nice-smelling root taste somewhat spicy. It also feel calmimg to your stomach. You suspect that in large amounts it would be more intense so it likely can not be used as your normal food It may have a medicinal use. It also could be used as a cooking ingredient to inprove the flavor and qualities of something else.   
The purple needle root is crunchy. It tastes a bit earthy. It causes no adverse reaction. It does not make you feel sick.

Then you start eating some of the yellow fruit. The iside of this pointy fruit is filled with seeds. The yellow fruit is extremely spicy. Your mouth feels like it is on fire. You are not even able to swalow it because of how hot it is.
It is the most spicy thing you have ever eaten. You attempt to induce vomiting. You succeded. However, your vomit became spicy as soon as it entered your mouth. Your eyes are watering.
You wish you never ate this fruit. You wash your mouth out with water. It is still hot, but the heat has slightly deminished. However, You brgin to have the runs. (Same effect as last time.) You take -15HP. You are in severe pain.
You have labored breathing.(-1 labor, incapable of"heavy labor".) You also start to shake with seizures periodically.(May randomally interupt labor or actions making them useless.) You also have diffuculty swallowing.
Damage was reduced due to use of red flower which removes the labor penalty . Decreased penalties of the runs due to red flower. Decreased penalties of labored breathing due to red flower. Labored breathing will only last one turn instead of two.   

When your stomach calms down enough that you can actually eat something you eat a Mystery food.
You start research on firemaking. You make 6 progress.   

Texcoco(Maximum Spin):
You pick up peices of moss and check to see if you can get grass sprites to follow you it takes a while but eventually you do.
Then you travel to F6.
You brought the moss with you and sat it oni the ground.

When you get here you notice that there is a large amount of Fungi sprites here. That is strange because you don't see many mushrooms here. You also notice there are more grass sprites here than in the forest. The transplanted sprites did make a difference to the numbers.
You also notice there are quite a few earth sprites of both the brown and grey varieties. You also see a small amount of water sprites. This area seems completely devoid of death sprites. 

You research simple containers(buckets) further. You make 5 progress.

Jaynie Morgan(0cra_tr0per):
You find that any stone harder than the red stone can crack the nut. Inside the nut is a brown nut flesh that smells good. 

You continue research on writing and produce 5 Science points. You continue working with trying to carve and scratch stone with stone. You use the non-sharp black stone in your writing attempts because you think it would be safer.   
You decide to try writing on the dull orange-yellow stone. As they are round stones you find it somewhat diffucult to tell what order you should write and read things in. You carve straight lines in various orientations.
 Such as down, right, down right, and down left. When you try other orientations it is diffucult to identify any difference between them and the marks you already have.

Star(TricMagic):
You begin testing the roots.
The roots are sparse and tangled but are somewhat filling.
You eat 1 root.
It has no ill effects
You wait 15 minutes.
You eat 1 root.
It has no ill effects.
You wait 15 minutes.
You eat 1 root.
It has no ill effects.
You wait 15 minutes.
You eat 1 root.
You feel full.
It has no ill effects.

As you are full, you do not test the stems.

You check the Flower farm to see how the plants are doing. Half of the flowers are small yellow flowers. They have bloomed and could be picked. If you wait you might be able to harvest more seeds though.

The other half of the plants are covered with tiny purple flowers. They seem to be wilting slightly under the heat but they look to have their seeds ready so you could gather them.

You have leftover labor.

You research Mana sensing.

Caelum(dgr11897):
You run up the sloping walls to get some hight and speed. You fly through the air and launch yourself at the nearest ceiling dwelling creature. That creature happens to be a spider.
With a fierce cry, You plunge into the spider and deal 10 damage with the aid of your momentum. You rip of one of the spiders legs in passing. However you also stab yourself in shoulder on the same leg you ripped off. This deals -6HP to you. The spider then drops from the ceiling and trys to stab you when you reach the ground. It grases you and deals -3HP 

Due to the large amount of damage suffered your diagnostic was delayed. It will take two more turns because your calibration was interupted. 
No one else can assist with your diagnostic.

Spoiler: Buildings (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Science (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Places (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character List (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Communal Inventory (click to show/hide)
Total Food Consumption per turn=8.5
8-11 turns until starvation.(dependent on what gathered materials are edible.)

If I made any mistakes please point them out.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 02:08:36 pm by High tyrol »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 25, 2018, 09:47:19 pm »

I guess Desert Dwelling doesn't help with summer heat? Or maybe it does and prevented it from being even worse?
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 25, 2018, 09:52:33 pm »

I guess Desert Dwelling doesn't help with summer heat? Or maybe it does and prevented it from being even worse?
Well the penalties did not effect anyone anyways because anyone who would have been effected had actions which only required one labor.
I actually forgot about desert dwelling. I think that I might have that make things easier next turn.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 25, 2018, 09:54:44 pm »

Caelum.
Having taken some damage I fall back to the crystal caves, seeking to grab a sample of these crystals, along with some of that fungus.
I continue the diagnostic.
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 25, 2018, 09:59:00 pm »

I found another thing. The buildings and research spoilers are sort of merged in a way that is not good. (Fix this with an /spoiler tag at the end of buildings)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 10:14:49 pm by Supernerd »

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 25, 2018, 10:17:10 pm »

Dr. Diablito:
I name the green and yellow grubs "Googrubs" and declare them safe.
I name the small thick knobby roots "Mediknob" and declare them for medical use but not normal food use.
I name the needle shaped purple roots "Purpleroot" and declare them safe.
I name the yellow fruit "Firepears" and declare them extremely hazardous.
Note that I don't see Googrubs or Purpleroot in the inventory.  You might have forgotten to add them in.  There's also "Yellow fruit" and "yellow tree fruit".  Are these the same thing?
Dr. Diablo will eat a small amount of Mediknob and rest.

Research:  Firemaking

//# "Attention everyone:  If you see native animals eating something, don't assume it's safe.  Don't eat the Yellow fruit!  Now, if you'll excuse me, I think I'll lay here for a while and possibly die...."
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 11:01:44 pm by Zazmio »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 25, 2018, 10:28:05 pm »

#//"The stems of that particular flower are probably non-toxic Star. I may have already eaten some."

#//"Dr. Diablito, You seem unwell. Should I try to stay near you until you recover? I will also mention that the Yellow Tree Fruit is definitely a different plant. The bad fruit came from a plant that grew blue flowers too. The unknown fruit came from a tree."

Noticing that Dr. Diablito was in distress, Bernard rushes over to where he is. While there was little he could do to actually help, his presence would deter all but the boldest opportunistic predators from making a move.

Bernard decides to create Gathering tools for the entire settlement. He wasn't sure which materials were good for which tools, so he instead focused on using the most abundant materials to minimize negative impacts on research.

Bernard moves from E6 to F6
Bernard uses 1 labor to craft a Gathering Tool using 1 Branch and 1 sharp, shiny, opaque, black Stone
Bernard uses 1 labor to craft a Gathering Tool using 1 Stick and 1 dull orange-yellow stone
Bernard uses 3 labor to craft a 3 Gathering Tools consisting of 1 Sticks and 1 Light, large, bubble filled, red stones
Bernard uses 1 labor to craft a Gathering Tool using 1 Stick and 1 Small Red Stone
Free Research: Assist with the tech The Medicinal Propeties of Flowers I

Dietary modification: Consume 2 of the petaled type of small yellow flowers this turn, following normal dietary preferences after that.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 26, 2018, 12:44:01 am »

#//"Still taking suggestions..."

Tex otherwise stays and watches the sprites some more while researching buckets; if this completes, he moves on to fire.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 26, 2018, 06:33:43 am »

"Ah, you see sprites Tex?"

short explanation later

"Hm. Pretty sure the reason for all the fungal sprites is the fungi on the red flower roots. No death sprites probably mean it's safe for the plant."

"It may also be linked to their sickness properties."

"Hey!~ Let's study some of the interactions, maybe find an earth sprite or two!~Come on Tex!"

Excitable: Labor Boost

Assuming Tex agrees, we will Study the farms(Flower Fields) and sprites this turn. How they look and how the sprites are and where they gather.~

Also, Research Mana Sensing.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 26, 2018, 07:58:59 am »

Assuming Tex agrees, we will Study the farms(Flower Fields) and sprites this turn. How they look and how the sprites are and where they gather.~
Suuuuure, let's do that. My research action is still the same - in fact, this is basically what I was already planning to do, so the previous post still counts. I'm just acknowledging that Star wants to participate.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 26, 2018, 08:04:30 am »

Yeah, but I'm good at studies~really good.

[In other words, I actually have an action that allows me to gain alot of info, together, we can get even more.]

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 26, 2018, 08:29:25 am »

Star:
I just realised I forgot to write how the plants were doing last turn when you wanted to check on them. I need to fix that. I hope it did not cause any confusion.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 26, 2018, 08:33:14 am »

Was wondering.

Also, 4 roots equals one meal for me, so 8 is the standard.

All I need is to see how the stems factor in.

So, I'll eat the stems until I'm full this turn.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13