Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: GridLand Survival 3: An Adventure in Trial and Error.  (Read 12600 times)

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
Re: GridLand Survival 3: An Adventure in Trial and Error.
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2018, 08:31:29 am »

PM him and ask what's wrong.

Done.

I sent him links to this thread with the hyperlink's text saying "GRIDLAND SURVIVAL 3" and copypasted that a ton of times.
it's over

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2018, 08:35:20 am »

Even if he shuts down, may he rest knowing he gave us Psionics this game. It's useful, as long as people remember the Number for telepathic communication and regular speech.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2018, 10:06:38 am »

Even if he shuts down, may he rest knowing he gave us Psionics this game. It's useful, as long as people remember the Number for telepathic communication and regular speech.

The psionic talk prefix is #// by the way.
it's over

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2018, 10:16:40 am »

#//"Oh, are you a kid Star? I was under the impression that we were about the same age and that I was just abnormally big."

This was not from my telepathy.

#//"Yes, yes, that's very sensible, about the children and all that!  We must think about the children!  We must safeguard our backup food source, after all!  *forced diabolical laugh*  That was a joke, if you couldn't tell..."

He doesn't seem very nice... I'm a kid.

See?

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2018, 01:24:47 pm »

Sorry, I guess I forgot to watch this thread.
Caelum acts,
He explores D5
He uses his free research to study phsycic abilities.
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2018, 01:51:14 pm »

Sorry, I guess I forgot to watch this thread.
Caelum acts,
He explores D5
He uses his free research to study phsycic abilities.
Just to clarify are you trying to go int the cave, move into the part of D5 which is below the cliff. Or trying to get to the top of the cliff?

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2018, 02:03:25 pm »

Cave
My Power armor arms race

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2018, 02:19:51 pm »

GridLand Survival 3: Year 1, Turn 3(Spring)

#Tip 1#
Wheather effects can effect plant growth, combat outcomes, research and many more things.
#Tip 2#
Some research attempts may have multiple possible techs to discover. You will usually discover the best version you can for witch you have the required prerequsites.

It is an unusually rainy period. Some labor or research may be interuppted or reduced in impact.

Bernard(Supernerd) and Dr. Diablito(Zazmio): You move from G6 to E6.
You forage at E6. You find two birds nests in the trees. Bernards height allows you to collect 3 food worth of larger brown spotred eggs.
Bernard also finds some smaller person hand sized, hard shelled nuts.(4 food) You think that you would need some method of cracking the sheel to eat them. You also notice that many of the trees have flowers.
It seems that unfortunately most of the trees are not currently in bloom. However, you collect 1 long hairy vine from a tree. You also find many of the trees have moss on them. It might be edible so you gather enough for two meals(if it is edible.)
You take 1 food worth of pink flowers from some trees. You could have taken more but there is a possibility that these trees are fruit producing.
Dr. Diablito  sees that there is a ground cover with blue flowers in some areas . It has exactly four leaves and one flower on each tiny plant. You collect 4 food worth(If it is edible)
You also find some bushes with green berries. You collect one food worth(if it is edible). You could have collected more but you are unsure of whether it is ripe.
The rain makes it slightly diffucult to gather anymore from the trees. 

You begin Research on stone gathering tools. You make 13 progress.   

Texcoco(Maximum Spin):

You remain in E6.
Then You begin to explore for eggs.
You manage to find 3 nest full of bird eggs in crevises around tree trunks. You have found 8 food worth of eggs.

On the more mystical side, You notice that there are a decent amount of death sprites hanging around. You wonder why it took you so long to find any.
Also Why where there this many when you first discovered some.

You notice that there are less fungi sprites than there were last turn.

You also notice that the rain is increasing the amount of water sprites by a large amount. 

On the Research side you begin work on researching Tree Spirits(Practical/land connection) while invoking the Shaministic ability. You make 13 research points progress. So far you have learned that tree spirits can be formed when there is both a particularly old tree in an area and an adequate amount of tree sprites in an area.
You observe that tree spirits often eat water sprites and this seems to make them larger in size.

It may be possible that Trees Spirits could be convinced to directly aid you in combat. It may also be possible to convince one to make easier to make landscape changes to an area.
It may effect the success of your actions in this tile. You are sure it has done nothing to make you groups efforts anymore difficult.
But neither has it made things any easier. Your observations of interesting behavior from the Spirit has helped your research. 

Jaynie Morgan(0cra_tr0per):You forage in F6 for edible plants.
You gather 4 types of grass seed(2 of each type).Two of the types of seed have been gathered by your people before the others are newly seeding.
One of the grass seed types you gather has(#4) comes in small orb shabed flowers, the seeds extend on tiny stalks out of the flower. The petals droop downwards.
Another one of the grass seed types you gather(#5) come attached to tiny purple flowers which sprout all along a stalk. The seeds are large for the flower size.   
You gather some leaves from a ground cover. 1 food worth (if it is edible.)

You continue research on farming and produce 2 Science points.
You realise that some plant seeds could be placed in an area and they would grow.
You begin research on Writng and produce 2 Science points.
You managed to find some white stone on the ground to the north. You realized you could use it to draw in either the dirt or on the stone of the cliff on tile F5
However, when it rainned all of your drawings were washed away. The only thing you managed to draw before it washed away was a crude drawing of your self.
You spent so much time trying to find some thing to write with and on you made no progress on determining what should be written and how.
Do you want to continue trying to develop a method of writing, or would you like to continue with white rock drawing as your method of writing?

You add 1 point of science to the research on The Medicinal Propeties of flowers.

Star(TricMagic):You remain in F6.
Before you begin your experiment you gather your materials. You gather 7 small yellow flowers. Which you strip all the petals from the flowerettes.
You also gather 2 red flowers.

You use the petals in your Experiment(1#):

You start by sitting down near the pod and eat your first petals.
There is little effect
aprox. 15 minutes later, You eat another flowers worth of petals.
You feel slightly more calm.
You feel slightly lethargic.
aprox. 15 minutes later, You eat another flowers worth of petals
You stiil feel lethargic. But, then you feel a dull pain in your bladder.
You are no longer lethargic. A nasty bitter taste has accumulated on your tongue.
You have the runs(diarehia).-1HP adds status effect. The Runs.(Increases food consumption when applied. May cause dydration if water is not nearby. Decreases labor by 2 first turn. Decreases labor by one after that. Then it fades. Note currable with availible resources.) You decide to end the experiment.

Eating too much of this plant at once causes diarehia.
You had   

In your research, You make 5 research points towards The Medicinal Propeties of flowers.

Caelum(dgr11897):You enter the caves which have the entrance on D6 and move into it as i gowes into d5.
You have a small light source you can use embedded in your arm. You use it to provide (poor) quality light.
Note: You  have 1 point subtracted from defense here and 2 from attack/strength. Movement points also decreased by 1 here.
You can see the cave head straight for a while.
The ceiling gets taller as you progress. stalagmites and Stalactite are all around you. You can see guano near the edges of the wall.
Later the passage turns to the left. You are sure that the passage is now headed roughly west.
You then you hear a sound of water and the passage widens out.
You see that in this room there is a tiny stream which comes from the rock wall on one side. The stream then disappears into a small hole in the middle of the room.
After this, you find that the path forks. One path goes upwards and to the north. The other path goes down and to the southwest.
Which path do you choose? Or do you head back?   

You begin research on phsycic abilities. You make 5 research points.

Spoiler: Science (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Places (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character List (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Communal Inventory (click to show/hide)
Total Food Consumption per turn=8.5
9-12 turns until starvation.(dependent on what gathered materials are edible.)

If I made any mistakes please point them out.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 08:03:02 am by High tyrol »

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2018, 02:31:45 pm »

You didn't mark down psycic abilities as a research thing, and there are many mispellings/ cases of incorrect grammar. But since you presumably rushed this out I am OK with that. Sorry for holding everyone up!!
My Power armor arms race

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2018, 02:38:39 pm »

#// "Fascinating. It seems these sprites form an ecosystem atop the 'ordinary' ecosystem. I hypothesise that the harvesting of living things may have caused Death Sprites to accumulate."

Tex performs some experimentation on the sprite ecosystem with the help of his shamanistic ability by attempting to locate a cluster of related sprites near some lifeform, such as fungus sprites near a patch of mushrooms or tree sprites around a tree, then removing or destroying the lifeform to see what effect this has on the sprites. He politely asks the tree spirit's permission beforehand, however, seeing as he is in its 'home'.

He has planned a further experiment involving drawing water from the river into some kind of container and pouring it out near water sprites, but has placed this on hold for lack of a suitable container.

ETA: With his free research action, Tex begins research into simple containers, like buckets or something.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 03:19:22 pm by Maximum Spin »

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2018, 02:49:27 pm »

//# unit 11897, Designation caelum commencing report. unit discovered cave and wooden construct, entered cave
zero hostiles found- systems nominal, unit will continue exploration. End report.
Addendum, requesting research topic.

Caelum makes his move
He goes up and to the north, but not before punching a stable looking area to leave an imprint.
He uses his free research to run a diagnostic on his body, searching for features, abilities and anything else He can do.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 03:16:03 pm by dgr11897 »
My Power armor arms race

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2018, 03:00:27 pm »

#// "Fascinating. It seems these sprites form an ecosystem atop the 'ordinary' ecosystem. I hypothesise that the harvesting of living things may have caused Death Sprites to accumulate."

Tex performs some experimentation on the sprite ecosystem with the help of his shamanistic ability by attempting to locate a cluster of related sprites near some lifeform, such as fungus sprites near a patch of mushrooms or tree sprites around a tree, then removing or destroying the lifeform to see what effect this has on the sprites. He politely asks the tree spirit's permission beforehand, however, seeing as he is in its 'home'.

He has planned a further experiment involving drawing water from the river into some kind of container and pouring it out near water sprites, but has placed this on hold for lack of a suitable container.
Maximum Spin,

Experimentation actions are a use of labor and your own creativity. They are not a research tech that uses research points. You still have your free research to allocate.

Note: Creativity is not a mechanic. I am refering to you personal creativity rather than that of your character.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 03:09:20 pm by High tyrol »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2018, 03:00:53 pm »

#//"Yellow flower petals are not good for you!~ eh.."

#//"Has anyone found any other flowers? Also, what research have you done on the area?"

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2018, 03:20:18 pm »

You still have your free research to allocate.
Noted and allocated. Incidentally, I note that I don't see the practical tree spirits research in the science spoiler? And that there's an unclosed color tag in the character spoiler.

Ah, you added practical tree spirits while I was doing that! Sneaky. :P The unclosed tag is still there at this time, though.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2018, 04:14:55 pm »

Jaynie Morgan

Main action: Test to make sure the red berries are edible

Free research: Writing (3 science) The Medicinal Properties of Flowers (2 science)

Object renames:

Small yellow flowers: Dire Orchids

Red berries #1: Wrastberries

it's over
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13