Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: GridLand Survival 3: An Adventure in Trial and Error.  (Read 12566 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GridLand Survival 3: An Adventure in Trial and Error.
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2018, 08:26:41 am »

What would happen if I switched my 1st ability with my species ability?

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2018, 08:35:47 am »

What would happen if I switched my 1st ability with my species ability?

Well the draconic effects would only apply to you. Also, Everyone would gain the benefit of the Magic ability.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2018, 08:45:04 am »

Changed then.

0cra_tr0per? You could change your 5th slot to 1st so that it becomes inherited. And Cat-like Reflexes apparently work on our species as a whole.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2018, 08:56:36 am »

0cra_tr0per? You could change your 5th slot to 1st so that it becomes inherited. And Cat-like Reflexes apparently work on our species as a whole.

k
it's over

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2018, 09:16:11 am »

Also, why not let us be dragon-catpeople hybrids?

Mainly because I have been unable to think of a plotline that utilises an entire species of dragon-catpeople hybrids. In short, laziness.

Note: I have added a partial list of abilities to the OP but I am not finished.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2018, 04:53:49 pm »

0cra_tr0per is in no position to ask me to run Gridland Survival again. If you want a sequel so much why don't you just make it yourself? Actually... Tell you what. If 0cra_tr0per can handle running a decent quality Gridland Survival game for 33 turns (How long my game lasted), I'll make a proper sequel to it. (Note that if this somehow actually happens, this will reduce Gridhood's update speed.)

... You may need to point this post out to me when that day comes because I might forget about it. Also, I reserve the right to stop updating the aforementioned proper sequel if you stop updating your game.

If I am using the same bet, which I am, then I'm going to say that if everyone dies too early, it would be the "Decent Quality" condition that would apply instead of the turn counter (Unless of course the players were really asking to die). I don't think its fun to reset a game after like ten turns. The games I want to play often die within ten turns due to one reason or another. Its easily the biggest downside to playing forum games.

"Quality" is subjective, so if all the players are stupid stupid dumb then I may permit the turns to count even if everyone dies.

Edit: I also peeked at the abilities. I think the "Riding this character gives the rider the same fear and terror protection." belongs under "Causes Fear" and not "Durable". And the reference to the "Deep Thinking" ability may be irrelevant.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 04:57:38 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Oblivion2007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2018, 06:21:45 pm »

This whole stupid bet really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Not just the idea of it but the whole tone of the conversation around it.

You do know Supernerd that you could have just said "No I won't be running a Gridland Survival game anytime soon. These take more work than you would expect and I'm quite busy with my current game. You could run one though, I would love to play and there aren't many forum games available right now that I'm interested in."

The whole manipulative tone of this ordeal is off-putting, and the first one to bring it up in this thread is you. Why did you have to bring it up at all?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2018, 06:29:43 pm »

I brought it up in this thread because the GM of this game asked me about it in a PM. Then I brought it up a second time when the GM of this game asked me about it in a post.

Unless you are asking about why I made the initial bet. It was to bug 0cra_tr0per because he had the nerve to ask me to make that game immediately after he abandoned ASCIIhood.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 06:33:05 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2018, 06:39:16 pm »

Huh, I didn't actually realise that everyone's chosen species traits were all going together into a single species. In that case, orca's going to hate mine.

I mean, I'm not changing it.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2018, 07:01:59 pm »

0cra_tr0per is in no position to ask me to run Gridland Survival again. If you want a sequel so much why don't you just make it yourself? Actually... Tell you what. If 0cra_tr0per can handle running a decent quality Gridland Survival game for 33 turns (How long my game lasted), I'll make a proper sequel to it. (Note that if this somehow actually happens, this will reduce Gridhood's update speed.)

... You may need to point this post out to me when that day comes because I might forget about it. Also, I reserve the right to stop updating the aforementioned proper sequel if you stop updating your game.

If I am using the same bet, which I am, then I'm going to say that if everyone dies too early, it would be the "Decent Quality" condition that would apply instead of the turn counter (Unless of course the players were really asking to die). I don't think its fun to reset a game after like ten turns. The games I want to play often die within ten turns due to one reason or another. Its easily the biggest downside to playing forum games.

"Quality" is subjective, so if all the players are stupid stupid dumb then I may permit the turns to count even if everyone dies.

Edit: I also peeked at the abilities. I think the "Riding this character gives the rider the same fear and terror protection." belongs under "Causes Fear" and not "Durable". And the reference to the "Deep Thinking" ability may be irrelevant.

Unless the players are extraordinarily and repeatably stupid they should not die until around turn 15. Even then, At least two players should be able to survive the challenges I have for the first in game year with the game speed of slow which seems to have won.(which ends at turn 16 on a slow difficulty).

Thank you for pointing out those errors. I apologize that it is taking me so long to work through the abilities.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2018, 07:08:58 pm »

dgr, can you replace that full-cybernetic with skyjump?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2018, 08:05:26 pm »

Now its the cold lover ability that has the line about riding a character to get fear resistance.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2018, 10:21:01 pm »

Ok I altered my character
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2018, 05:15:22 pm »

Now its the cold lover ability that has the line about riding a character to get fear resistance.

This time around, we'll all die to the GM giving traits the wrong benefits than our stupidity! Also bumping because ynot and this is a good game
it's over

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2018, 07:10:03 pm »

High tyrol, just out of curiosity... If you were to rank the difficulty of my original game what would it be?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13