Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: GridLand Survival 3: An Adventure in Trial and Error.  (Read 12560 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GridLand Survival 3: An Adventure in Trial and Error.
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2018, 04:30:44 pm »

If I am allowed an OoC, GM, can we do a previosly researched tech without learning about it from the others. I want to start a farm with those seeds.

Also, why in the world are they named Dire Orchards? It's only the petals that seem dangerous. That name fits the Red Flowers more.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 04:34:01 pm by TricMagic »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2018, 04:49:07 pm »

If I am allowed an OoC, GM, can we do a previosly researched tech without learning about it from the others. I want to start a farm with those seeds.
Since we have telepathy, can we simply assume that we always share our research results unless otherwise specified?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 20, 2018, 04:52:49 pm »

The Medicinal Propeties of Flowers I(Star and Jaynie):11/??
Cybernetics(Caelum):5/???-???????
Gathering Tools(stone):13/?
Writing(Jaynie):2/??-to-????

I'm guessing we actually have to communicate the info to others.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 20, 2018, 04:58:41 pm »

I'm guessing we actually have to communicate the info to others.
Yes, I was making a suggestion.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 20, 2018, 05:10:38 pm »

Small yellow flowers: Dire Orchids

Red berries #1: Wrastberries
Note: I can assure you that the yellow flowers are no orchid. They are in no way a member of family Orchidaceae. On the contrary I can tell you that this is a real plant and that it is a member of family Asteraceae. Although since there are over 30,000 species in that family. That probably won't help too much.

Also, I think I may have caused a misunderstanding about how much of what you have. When I say you gather 1 or that there is a certain number of an item in the communal inventory If it is possible to be eaten I don't mean that it is literally 1 items worth, rather that if it is food. Then that 1 unit is enough to feed a person for a turn. So part of the reason for the results you got was that you ate a large amount of a laxative. Most of the effects won't hurt you. Having less labor on the turn you ran the experiment, and next turn it will only decrease your labor by one so it only has a small effect. I thought about instant curing it with the item you have that you know can purge things. But, I decided not to because you did not mention keeping any on hand and I did not think at the time that the effects were that bad.   

Also, why in the world are they named Dire Orchards? It's only the petals that seem dangerous. That name fits the Red Flowers more.
Because of telepathy, All completed research can be used by other players as long as it does not have a partial(or full) prerequisite in an ability or have a
an advanced degree of complexity. Although It would be nice if transmission of knowledge is role-played. I am not going to require it.

Edit:I can't figure out why some of my question marks are appearing as emojiis.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 20, 2018, 05:11:50 pm »

(I believe that Research is shared between all players once completed. I think the 1 turn delay between research completion and usability represents the time it takes to share knowledge?)

#//"Star, I have located a flower in the western forested area. You're free to investigate it if you want. As of now, the research topic Foraging Techniques that Dr. Diablito and I worked on should be in effect."

#//"Dr. Diablito, I believe that I will be able to complete this tech on my own. If you have another idea on what to research then I recommend getting a head start on that."

Bernard personally takes a look at the river. Do the currents appear to be light enough for someone of his stature to safely traverse? He also takes a glance to see if there are any obviously visible flowers on the other side and goes to take some if the river seems to be safe for him, or makes a brief attempt to grab one at a distance using Psionics if it does not.

Bernard moves from E6 to F7 (Exact path taken is from E6 to F6 to F7)
Bernard forages for food at F7
Free Research: Research continues on Gathering Tools

Spoiler: Nitpicks (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 20, 2018, 05:17:49 pm »

I don't know how to fix the emojii issue as for Star I should fix it.

What do you think if I run a mini-turn tonight tomorrow morning  which just has Tex's conversation with the tree spirit and  Supernerd's attempt to cross the river.    I want him to actually be able to dialogue with the spirit but I don't want to bog down the game. How about 7:00 Central Standard Time?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 05:23:30 pm by High tyrol »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 20, 2018, 05:26:51 pm »

I don't know how to fix the emojii issue as for Star I should fix it.

What do you think if I run a mini-turn tonight tomorrow morning  which just has Tex's conversation with the tree spirit and  Supernerd's attempt to cross the river.    I want him to actually be able to dialogue with the spirit but I don't want to bog down the game. How about 7:00 Central Standard Time?
Three question marks in a row produce: ???
It's just like the 8) problem, where that emoticon shows up accidentally in numbered lists at item 8.
The primary solution is not to put three question marks in a row.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 20, 2018, 05:32:51 pm »

Grass seed 1#:5
Grass seed 2#:3
Grass seed 3#:3
Grass seed 4#:2
Grass seed 5#;2

"Hmm, let's see."

At F-6, near the Landing Site, say, 50 meters from it.

Excitable: Labor Boost to 2

Action: Create a Farm(Flower Patch!) and plant Grass Seeds #4 & #5, 2 of each.

"Grow Little Flowers!"

Research: Mana Sensing(Because why not give myself the ability to sense the World's Mana)

Also, I'm guessing I'm the .5 food eater?

Also, Mini Turn seems fine.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 05:35:40 pm by TricMagic »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 20, 2018, 05:39:52 pm »

I actually know how to fix the emoji problem.
Spoiler: Solution (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 20, 2018, 06:54:42 pm »

Dr. Diablito:  Go to F6 and study the 8 grasses there in the same manner that Star studied the flowers
Research:  Fire Pit (for cooking)

//# "Well, here goes.  If I die, just bury me here.  Don't let those sprites dance on my grave, they're kinda creepy.

edit:  Apparently that was an ability only Star has.  All right, changing my orders

Dr. Diablito:  Go to F6 and forage the 8 grasses
Research:  Herbalism
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 08:33:21 pm by Zazmio »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 21, 2018, 07:13:21 am »

Um.. That was due to Star being Smart. You're a Genius, so you get a research boost. You don't have that ability.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 21, 2018, 07:36:37 am »

Tex:

You attempt the get the Spirits attention.
At first, the spirit does not seem to understand you. Then you can sense that the spirit is casting a spell.
When it finishes it says,

”Whatever you want to say, it must be said quickly. I can only understand you so long as I maintain this spell.”

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 21, 2018, 12:05:42 pm »

”Whatever you want to say, it must be said quickly. I can only understand you so long as I maintain this spell.”
"I wish to conduct experiments here to better understand the sprite ecosystem and our effects on it. This will alter that ecosystem, but I will do my best to avoid causing any lasting damage. Will you permit me to do so? If I succeed, I believe it will benefit us all."

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 21, 2018, 12:35:02 pm »

"I wish to conduct experiments here to better understand the sprite ecosystem and our effects on it. This will alter that ecosystem, but I will do my best to avoid causing any lasting damage. Will you permit me to do so? If I succeed, I believe it will benefit us all."
”You may preform experiments. However, you must not touch anything near any of the older and larger trees. Neither may you experiment with anything toxic to life here.   ”
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13