Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: GridLand Survival 3: An Adventure in Trial and Error.  (Read 12562 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: GridLand Survival 3: An Adventure in Trial and Error.
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2018, 07:56:07 pm »

#//"Caelum, I can tell that Cybernetics will be a difficult thing to research. I recommend starting with the prerequisites for Metal. This will give you a tech that will both work towards your goal and be useful in the near future"

#//"Dr. Diablito, If you plan to forage in this area again, I recommend using your Psionic Ability if you need to gather Nettles in the future. Needless to say, children are to be forbidden from coming here in the future. If something did 1 damage to you, it would likely be 3 damage to a child."

#//"Texcoco, I am under the impression that you have an ability that lets you determine if food is edible or not. That ability will come in handy sooner rather than later."

(Just so you are aware, the Psionic ability states that Psi-conversation should be in quotes)

Bernard moves from G6 to E6
Bernard forages for food at E6, using his large stature to access food in tree branches.
Free Research: Research begins on Gathering Tools
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 08:21:58 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2018, 08:02:42 pm »

#//"Dr. Diablito, If you plan to forage in this area again, I recommend using your Psionic Ability if you need to gather Nettles in the future. Needless to say, children are to be forbidden from coming here in the future. If something did 1 damage to you, it would likely be 3 damage to a child."

1: You misspelled your character's name

2: Children in this game are this-side-up fragile.

I checked your application and I don't see any misspelling of your character name. As long as Jaynie Morgan is the correct spelling.

That's right, my character's name is Jaynie Morgan, or just Jaynie.
it's over

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2018, 08:26:51 pm »

#//"I may have such an ability. Bernard, was it? Setting ourself up as a leader, are we? Hm. Supposing I have such an ability, what would you have me do with it, and what would you offer in return?"

Tex remains in E6 and:
A) explores the tile looking for more of those bird nests, while
B) invoking his shamanistic ability to research tree spirits and their connection to the land: what do they do, and what can I get from them?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2018, 08:35:50 pm »

#//"Don't fight.. We should be working individually. That way we can work together as necessary."

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2018, 08:39:55 pm »

((Is it Berard or Bernard?))

Dr. Diablito keeps following Bernard.  If it seems like he is glomming onto the biggest friendly he can find for protection, that's because he is.

#//"Yes, yes, that's very sensible, about the children and all that!  We must think about the children!  We must safeguard our backup food source, after all!  *forced diabolical laugh*  That was a joke, if you couldn't tell..."

Dr. Diablito:  Follows Bernard to E6.  Forages for food at E6.
Research:  Help with Gathering Tools
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 08:45:32 pm by Zazmio »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2018, 08:42:17 pm »

#//"If you want to eat things without knowing if they are edible or not, then I'm not going to stop you. And if you want me to collect food for our settlement without knowing if we are capable of safely eating it then I guess that is what is going to happen."

(Also, Bernard is actually the correct spelling, but I am starting to think I should change it to Berard because I've been using that spelling much more often for some reason)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 08:49:35 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2018, 08:49:00 pm »

#//"Yes, yes, that's very sensible, about the children and all that!  We must think about the children!  We must safeguard our backup food source, after all!  *forced diabolical laugh*  That was a joke, if you couldn't tell..."

He doesn't seem very nice... I'm a kid.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2018, 09:02:04 pm »

#//"If you want to eat things without knowing if they are edible or not, then I'm not going to stop you. And if you want me to collect food for our settlement without knowing if we are capable of safely eating it then I guess that is what is going to happen."
#//This statement is met only with vague muttering about the bourgeoisie.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2018, 09:25:09 pm »

#//"Your idea isn't completely without merit Dr. Diablito. If we had a younger generation to assist us with hunting and foraging for food, it could free up your time to allow you to pursue some more academic pursuits."

#//"Oh, are you a kid Star? I was under the impression that we were about the same age and that I was just abnormally big."

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2018, 06:27:57 am »

Just an OoC aside, that wasn't telepathic... And Petite Manakete, what did you expect from her.

Just a thought Star had.

Supernerd, you mind striking out that line directed at me? I didn't broadcast that line, so in game you wouldn't say that would you?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 12:16:30 pm by TricMagic »

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2018, 10:23:33 am »

I hope Caelum posts soon. I already have all of the update besides his action finished. I should have the update up 10 to 20 minutes after he posts his action.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2018, 11:35:00 pm »

So... Might I recommend putting a limit on how long players can take to get their actions in?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2018, 07:08:30 am »

So... Might I recommend putting a limit on how long players can take to get their actions in?

Yeah, if he keeps up the inactivity I'll turn into a ☼Masterwork Idle Player Cowboy Hat☼ that menaces with spikes of Yider bone after he's booted from the game.
it's over

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2018, 07:41:28 am »

I think I need a limit as well. I am not sure whether I should just post now, give him until 1:30, or whether I should give him till around 5:00 today. 

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2018, 08:27:32 am »

Why do I get the feeling he tried to cross the river..

We do have a replacement, maybe he needs a message.

PM him and ask what's wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13