Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: GridLand Survival 3: An Adventure in Trial and Error.  (Read 12561 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: GridLand Survival 3: An Adventure in Trial and Error.
« Reply #105 on: June 21, 2018, 12:57:20 pm »

”You may preform experiments. However, you must not touch anything near any of the older and larger trees. Neither may you experiment with anything toxic to life here.   ”
"Thank you for understanding. Of course I will abide by these restrictions."

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 22, 2018, 07:32:19 am »

So... Who are we waiting on now?
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 22, 2018, 08:09:32 am »

So... Who are we waiting on now?
No, everyone has posted. I just had a very bad day yesterday. I should have the update done by the end of the day.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 08:36:15 am by High tyrol »

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 22, 2018, 10:07:59 am »

GridLand Survival 3: Year 1, Turn 4(Spring)

#Tip 1# In some areas you may be to far from your camp to have your food automatically taken care of. In those cases you will bring food with you up to your capacity. Any Items foraged in such an area take up capacity space regardless of it's size. You can make areas like this more accessible with better technology or certain buildings. 

The rain has died down but things are still fairly humid. The temprature is getting a bit warmer though. One effect of this is any player who moved this turn had their labor reduced this turn. Everyone else is unaffected. 

Bernard(Supernerd) You move through F6 to get to F7.
For someone of your stature there is no problem crossing the river at this calm point. However it would be diffucult for you to get across quickly enough to reach the communal food supplies.
Because of this you opted to bring food with you. You originally brought 12 Mystery food but you ate four food worth.
Spoiler: Bernard's Inventory (click to show/hide)

You found 2 ornage and purple flowers. You also found some plants with blue flowers and large yellow fruit.
They look like a member of the nightshades extended family. Whether they are edible or not you did not know. You collected 2 flowers and two fruit from this plant.
You belive the blue flowers are edible because you saw some small ten legged brown creature eating them.
You also notice that there are some small bushes which you see the same crature eats the leaves of. So you collect 2 units of bush leaves.
After you eat next turn you should have the room to take everything you gathered back to your camp.

Spoiler: Bernard's Inventory 2 (click to show/hide)

You contibue your research with gathering tools. You make 5 progress.

Dr. Diablito(Zazmio): You move to F6.
You forage at F6.
You collect 1 of each grass type you also collect 2 extra of grass type #4.

You begin Research on Herbalism.   

Texcoco(Maximum Spin):
You remain in E6.
You begin Experiment 2#.
You start by looking for some mushrooms which have a large amount of fungi sprites around them.
Then you remove some of the mushrooms and place them somewhere alse on the ground.
You see that a small amount of the fungi sprites shrink. You see that some of the mid sized ones split into smaller sprite and shoot out the smaller sprites in all directions.
You also noticed that some of the lower mid sized ones started to follow you when you went far enough away. When you set down the fungi they stayed with the fungi you set down.
When you pick up some more mushrooms from the same area and bring them in an area with death sprites the sprites wich follow you eat the death sprites there. Then they grow in size. When you check your transplanted mushrooms the ones which you placed near the death sprites have grown into a larger patch. The other mushroom patch has not grown very much.
The patch witch grew, has larger sprites than when you last checked there.

You also try finding some trees with branches you can pull off. You don't really have the tools to remove a tree so you try removing branches. When you do, Sometimes the nearby sprites get smaller. Other times there are no effects.
However, One time when you removed a branch a extremely tiny tree sprite followed you. When you stuck the tree branch back into the ground somewhere else the sprite sat on top of the branch. That was a strange behavior because you rarley see sprites sit on anything.

You try tearing some moss, fungi, and tree branches to peices. It took you a while but after shreding quite a bit you managed to see a death Sprite appear in front of you.
It also takes less time to produce death Sprites when there are already death sprites nearby.       

You passively observe that the number of grass sprites have incraesed to the point that you some times stumble accross them. You also note that fungi sprites seem to be eating some of the death sprites.
Some of the tree sprites are eating some of the water sprites. You also noticed that grass sprites occasionally eat fungi Sprites and and water sprites. Also trees with moss often have grass Sprites nearby.

You begin research on simple containers(buckets). You make five progress. You have had a bit of trouble thinking of what to make your bucket from. The only material that you know of that could gather water is wood.
If you wanted to make a bucket out of anything else you would need to find a material to do so with.

Jaynie Morgan(0cra_tr0per):You forage in F6 for edible plants.
You test to see if The red berries are edible.
When You eat the berries, they taste good and are filling. But, about 30 minutes later you get an itchy red rash on your arm.
The red rash is painful and itchy enough it decreases .

You continue research on writing and produce 3 Science points. You also research The Medicinal Properties of Flowers and produce 2 Science points.
I am assuming that you are continuing with a white rock based writing system because you did not specify which direction you want to head. If you wish to change your writing method please notify me.

Star(TricMagic):You remain in F6.
You create a farm at F6.
You plant 2 Of Grass seeds 4# and 2 Of grass seeds 5#.

You begin research on Mana Sensing.

The Runs has faded away naturally but it did effect your work this turn. Removing the extra labor you would have had.

Caelum(dgr11897):You enter the caves which have the entrance on D6 and move into it as i gowes into d5.
You take the upper path. The climb starts gentle but becomes gradually steeper. You climb for a while when you reach another fork.
One way goes down and north. The other goes up and to the east. When you shine your light down the north tunnel you see a giant spider.
It is dead and on the ground. It has a stab wound and mushrooms are growing from it. There is also a log on the ground upon which grows the same blood red mushrooms.
Which path do you tread? Or do you head back? 
If you head back do you return to the last fork and go the other way?
Or do you exit the cave and do something outside the cave?

You begin a full diagnostic on your body. This will take three turns. No one else can assist with your diagnostic.

Spoiler: Buildings (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Science (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Places (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character List (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Communal Inventory (click to show/hide)
Total Food Consumption per turn=8.5
8-11 turns until starvation.(dependent on what gathered materials are edible.)

If I made any mistakes please point them out.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 01:36:17 pm by High tyrol »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 22, 2018, 10:14:00 am »

Um, I was planting two of each.. not 1 of each type...

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 22, 2018, 10:17:37 am »

Um, I was planting two of each.. not 1 of each type...
Thank you for telling me. I will redraft your section to reflect that. However, in the building section I said you planted 2 Of each.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 22, 2018, 10:20:14 am »

What is the formula for planting anyway. I thought it was 2 seeds for 1 labor. And the runs gave me minus 1 labor.

Star has 2 labor, she uses excitable to offset the runs negative. so it's 2.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 22, 2018, 10:23:34 am »

Your estimation of the formula is correct. You had 2 labor which was increased to three with excitable. Then it was lowered back to two by the runs. Then you planted 4 seeds total. This took two labor. So everything worked out with no extra or lack. Without the runs you would have had an extra labor.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 22, 2018, 10:31:59 am »

"Right, now for the others!"

Excitable: Plus One to Labor(3)

Action: Star creates another farm at F-6, planting one each of seeds 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, & 9.

"Time to figure out which seed grows which flowers!~"

Research Action: Mana Sensing
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 10:34:44 am by TricMagic »

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 22, 2018, 10:42:58 am »

I just realized that I can't remember whether I update the amount of research points for everything this turn. I am going to cross reference this update and the one befor this to see if I missed anything or accidentally added points to something two times.   

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 22, 2018, 12:58:35 pm »

Caelum, Readying himself and stealing his will, he delves down the northern tunnel, Combat skills at the ready
Even as he continues his diagnostic.
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 22, 2018, 01:11:58 pm »

hmm..
Quote from: Last Turn
Foraging Techniques:Increases foraging yeild slightly. Decreases chance of bad events while foraging. Decreases damage when gathering resources.
Basic Alchemical Processes I(Texacoco):5/?
Farming (Basic/Wild):You may now declare you have created a farm and a type 0 farm will be planted there. A type 0 farm may be planted with up to ten seeds.
Any plants placed in a type 0 farm must be either extremely easy to grow. Or Invasively easy to grow.Invasively easy to grow plants are self weeding. This method of gardening leaves theplant to fend for them selfs after planting.
It requires no labor to be maintained. But, One labor may be spent to remove unwanted weeds from a plot and check the plant to see if it is ready for harvest.  This form of farm is extremely susceptible to wheather and seasonal effects.
You may place multiple type 0 farms in an area. But only one farm may be created by a player a turn. The labor nessasary to create a farm is half the amount of seeds planted. The amount of labor required to harvest is half of the yeild, or as a rough hueristic the same amount of seeds planted.
If you weed a plot it also counts as checking if it is ready to harvest. Too many of these farms in a square many reduce gathering yeild. The amount of turns till the harvest is ready is dependent on the plant. Warning: You can accidentally (or intentionally) plant non-edible plants here.   
The Medicinal Propeties of Flowers I(Star and Jaynie):11/??
Cybernetics(Caelum):5/???-???????
Gathering Tools(stone):13/?
Writing(Jaynie):2/??-to-????
phsycic abilities:5/????
Tree Spirits(Practical/land connection) I:  Tree spirits can be formed when there is both a particularly old tree in an area and an adequate amount of tree sprites in an area. You observe that tree spirits often eat water sprites and this seems to make them larger in size. It may be possible that Trees Spirits could be convinced to directly aid you in combat. It may also be possible to convince one to make easier to make landscape changes to an area.
It may effect the success of your actions in this tile. This tech is an important prerequisite but provides little use on its own. 
Tree Spirits(Practical/land connection) II: 3/??

Current is-
Quote from: This Turn
Foraging Techniques:Increases foraging yeild slightly. Decreases chance of bad events while foraging. Decreases damage when gathering resources.
Basic Alchemical Processes I(Texacoco):5/?
Farming (Basic/Wild):You may now declare you have created a farm and a type 0 farm will be planted there. A type 0 farm may be planted with up to ten seeds.
Any plants placed in a type 0 farm must be either extremely easy to grow. Or Invasively easy to grow. Invasively easy to grow plants are self weeding. This method of gardening leaves theplant to fend for them selfs after planting.
It requires no labor to be maintained. But, One labor may be spent to remove unwanted weeds from a plot and check the plant to see if it is ready for harvest.  This form of farm is extremely susceptible to wheather and seasonal effects.
You may place multiple type 0 farms in an area. But only one farm may be created by a player a turn. The labor nessasary to create a farm is half the amount of seeds planted. The amount of labor required to harvest is half of the yeild, or as a rough hueristic the same amount of seeds planted.
If you weed a plot it also counts as checking if it is ready to harvest. Too many of these farms in a square many reduce gathering yeild. The amount of turns till the harvest is ready is dependent on the plant. Warning: You can accidentally (or intentionally) plant non-edible plants here.   
The Medicinal Propeties of Flowers I(Star and Jaynie):11/??
Cybernetics(Caelum):5/???-???????
Gathering Tools(stone):18/?
Writing(Jaynie):2/??-to-????
phsycic abilities:5/????
Mana Sensing(Star):5/??
Herbalism:8/???

Quote from: This Turn
Jaynie Morgan(0cra_tr0per):You forage in F6 for edible plants.
You test to see if The red berries are edible.
When You eat the berries, they taste good and are filling. But, about 30 minutes later you get an itchy red rash on your arm.
The red rash is painful and itchy enough it decreases .

You continue research on writing and produce 3 Science points. You also research The Medicinal Properties of Flowers and produce 2 Science points.
I am assuming that you are continuing with a white rock based writing system because you did not specify which direction you want to head. If you wish to change your writing method please notify me.

Writing and Medicinal Properties seems to be off..

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 22, 2018, 02:54:56 pm »

Well I'm looking in the direction of carving until we can get paper done.

Jaynie Morgan

Main action: Forage F6 for edible food, and seeds for edible food to plant in the farm.

Free research: 2 science spent on writing, 3 science spent on the medicinal properties of flowers
it's over

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 22, 2018, 03:34:38 pm »

#// "The sprite ecosystem seems to work as I expected. I believe we can manipulate these sprites effectively to help us gather resources. Does anyone have any specific suggestions for me?"

While waiting to hear back from the others, Tex takes another look at the branch which a tree sprite sat on, trying to figure out what might set it apart from the other branches, and especially taking note of whether it appears to be rooting.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 22, 2018, 03:40:05 pm »

#//"hmm, can you bring back some Green and Growth Sprites? Maybe some bark with moss as transport? Ooh, and dig around some of the flowers to keep them healthy."

#//"Actually, if you prepare some, I should be able to get it and come back to our flower field."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13