Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Wanderlust: Arrival! Welcome to the Wanderlust!  (Read 4539 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Wanderlust: It Begins!
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2018, 07:13:03 pm »

Ronald Woods begins to hyperventilate.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2018, 07:14:25 pm »

"I can tell from your body language that you are panicking. Stop doing that."

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2018, 09:45:11 pm »

"poor man"
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2018, 09:54:34 pm »

Ronald Woods begins to hyperventilate.
"Heh, you remind me of myself during my first summoning.", Damien reaches out a comforting arm and wraps it around his shoulder, "Calm down a bit, Epicurus. It's just a taste of the things to come...". He takes a sip of his blue beverage before continuing, "Now the question is whether that was slight of hand or actual magic. I'll have to beseech our host for an answer the next we see him."
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2018, 10:02:12 pm »

"Forgot to ask, Bjorn, where the suite from, did you build it yourself?"
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2018, 10:44:11 pm »

"Just a simple breathing mask. My people build them, sometimes."

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2018, 10:49:04 pm »

((Should have read the description better))
""Ah, ok"

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2018, 03:07:16 pm »

With the sound of a thud, the shaking stops.

The bar's bright yellow front door opens, revealing Benjamin. "And... you have arrived!"

Looking out the front door, you see a metallic corridor where before you saw a parking lot. "Welcome to the Wanderlust, our ship. Interdimensional space ship, that is. I'll give you a bit to settle in before we set out to our first destination. A word to the wise: even among interdimensional space ships, this one's abnormal. Please don't get yourself or anyone else killed. Resurrection is expensive. Shouldn't be too hard as long as you stay out of the red or black areas. If you do decide to go exploring in those areas, fine, but for crying out loud visit the armory and pick up a weapon first."

"If you have any questions, talk to Nico or Nikki. They shouldn't be too hard to find." Benjamin pulls another black sheet from his coat and throws it over himself. Naturally, it falls to the floor, revealing no trace of Benjamin.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wanderlust: Arrival! Welcome to the Wanderlust!
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2018, 03:48:14 pm »

"Well, I guess we go in, hope I don't need to risk my life for something intresting to happen"

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2018, 03:54:33 pm »

"Well, I guess we go in, hope I don't need to risk my life for something intresting to happen"
"That's exactly how interesting things happen..." Damien sighs loudly, shaking his head. "Nevertheless, it wouldn't hurt to be prepared. I wonder if this place has some kind of a library... or maybe there are books of strange magics in the armory? Hmm..."

Seek one of Benjamin's two assistants and ask them about any 'forbidden knowledge' this vessel may contain.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2018, 03:58:41 pm »

Valentine quickly grabs his hip flask and peers into it suspiciously. "Did one of you put something in my drink? I think that I may be seeing things."
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2018, 04:11:24 pm »

Valentine quickly grabs his hip flask and peers into it suspiciously. "Did one of you put something in my drink? I think that I may be seeing things."
((I so want to say it was the fish person but my charecter isn't cynical enough for this))
"That's exactly how interesting things happen..." Damien sighs loudly, shaking his head. "Nevertheless, it wouldn't hurt to be prepared. I wonder if this place has some kind of a library... or maybe there are books of strange magics in the armory? Hmm..."

Seek one of Benjamin's two assistants and ask them about any 'forbidden knowledge' this vessel may contain.
And I though I might have a death wish
Seek one of the assistent and ask them about any knowladge that isn't able to get him killed.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2018, 04:21:44 pm »

"You may be seeing things, but I assure you that all of the things you are seeing are quite real.
Now, first things first. No point going about a place like this without adequate protection."

To the armory! Probably something there small enough that I can handle yet powerful enough to splatter a bear. It is an extradimensional spaceship, after all.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2018, 06:29:28 pm »

Pick up the black cloth.
"Well, if... Benjamin won't be needing this..."
Mr. Woods continues down the corridor, slightly bewildered.
Look for signs or maps to make sense of this place.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2018, 01:49:00 pm »

Damien was the first to go, in search of a library of forbidden knowledge and one of Benjamin's assistants!

(5)

Truly, the vessel was vast. There had to be a library in here somewhere...

"You look a little lost."

Just behind Damien was a young woman in a red dress. She had pair of red draconic wings along with a lizard-like red tail. Considering the circumstances, they were probably real.

"Need any help?"

Damien was of course looking for a library.

"Well that's right down this way."

After a short bit of walking, Damien reached a yellow door which the woman threw open.

"And here you are. Be careful with the books, there's a moody ape in there who hates it when you damage them. The books are color coded for your safety. Don't spend too long in there, the Wanderlust will jump soon and you don't want to be in a non-shielded area when that happens. Any questions?"

Jacob left the bar shortly after.

(4)

While the ship was large and confusing, he soon heard voices in the distance. "Are you sure, Nico? You know how difficult piloting this thing is."

"Cmon. You know I've always wanted to fly the Wanderlust! And it's perfectly safe, you've seen the Void scanner readouts yourself--"

"The Void is never safe. But alright then Nico. You'll have your shot at it. I've waited long enough to give you a chance anyway. It's a wonderful thing, honestly, to fly between realms."

Benjamin and one of his assistants were nearby.

Bjorn wished to have some sort of protection for himself.

(5)

After a short bit of wandering, he noticed a yellow hatch in the ceiling. Climbing up a ladder, he found a room packed full of differently colored shelves and racks.

(3)

He had no idea where to start, though...

Mr. Woods was the next to leave the bar, leaving several confused others behind. While he was at it, he picked up Benjamin's sheet. Maybe he could use it for something.

(6)

After turning a corner, he found a yellow door leading into a room with a massive crystal pillar in the middle. Touching it, he felt... awareness. Of the ship. It wasn't exactly a normal map, and his headache was rapidly building. The ship... was changing. Shifting. This wasn't some static vessel. No, the location of everything was constantly changing. Navigation was going to be a challenge... but at least the change was slow.

(Headache. Navigation bonus: +1 to next ship navigation roll.)
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4