Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hot Elf-on-Elf Action  (Read 1151 times)

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hot Elf-on-Elf Action
« on: June 06, 2018, 08:15:50 pm »

I'm at war with three elf civs, none of which are at war with each other. Two of them decided to send ambushes at the same time, from the same portion of map edge. Now the elves are fighting each other:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I've seen an elf ambush fight a goblin seige, but this is new.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: Hot Elf-on-Elf Action
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 08:20:51 pm »

Clearly you should turn up the heat even further by bathing both sides in magma.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Mort Stroodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 08:34:46 pm »

Very weird. I wonder if all Invaders are hostile to each other because the devs assumed that if two invading armies are attacking, one would be a goblin civ. Might be a holdout from before raiding. Was it even possible to be seiged by two civs of the same culture before raiding was implemented?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 11:21:06 pm »

Very weird. I wonder if all Invaders are hostile to each other because the devs assumed that if two invading armies are attacking, one would be a goblin civ. Might be a holdout from before raiding. Was it even possible to be seiged by two civs of the same culture before raiding was implemented?
It was certainly reported a lot more once the raids release hit so it definitely seems more likely now.

Although I seem to recall being attacked by two civs while playing Fortress Defence once a few versions ago (40.24 or 42/3.x). Maybe not immediately (one turned up, while another mega-ambush was going on I think). They didn't fight each other as I recall.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 11:25:15 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 11:21:12 am »

I see this frequently due to Fortress Defense mod; despite invader civs all being peaceful with one another, they will all attack on sight when their sieges encounter one another.  I've mentally chalked it up as them fighting over spoils they haven't won yet; it's entertaiing to send in my dwarves for a delightful little "Battle of Three Armies" mini-scenario ("Sir, I've a message from the Eagles - they've nRSVP'd again"*)

* Tolkien reference or Ameripol reference?  Flip a coin...
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.