Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Chronicles of Martian Aggression War! Game/IC Thread!  (Read 7916 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Chronicles of Martian Aggression War! Game/IC Thread!
« Reply #120 on: June 21, 2018, 12:31:24 pm »

@Josephine:

Quote from: User #PLT00001601
Password accepted!
Joining UNDMF Interstore...
Joined!
Reminder from Interstore Sysadmins: No anti-earth Propaganda items are allowed. No dating inquiries are allowed. No sharing of personal data or photos is allowed. Barter offers are in order: 'Item offered by user' for 'Item requested by user'. Manual queries will be checked by censorship officers of UNMDF Communications and Logistics Staff before addition to UNDMF Interstore.
Downloading current offer list (0600:01:09:2245)...
Downloaded!

#PLT00001339:
Offer (barter) / Date: 18.08.45 / THUNDERBLASTA for: Solarian MkI
Offer (free) / Date: 29.08.45 / YokohamaPTS-16 (2 units)
Communications: O allowed by user

#PLT00000724:
Offer (barter) / Date: 18.08.45 / ARMSTRONG Chemtrails for: "A Martian pilot's uniform in mint condition, more badges the better. I like souvenirs, and their black uniforms are damn nice looking."

#PLT00000983:
Offer (barter) / Date: 20.08.45 / Type-13 Karamazov Launcher for: Type-13 Dragunov-144
Communications: X this user does not accept communications

#PLT00001005:
Offer (barter) / Date: 20.08.45 / Type-13 Plasmarc for: Spark MEC

#PLT00001420:
Offer (free) / Date: 23.08.45 / Type-13 Peashooter

#PLT00000808:
Offer (free) / Date: 23.08.45 / SGMG Yokohama

#PLT00000739:
Offer (barter) / Date: 24.08.45 / Ionic Disperser Shield System Mk1 for: "SUNDIVER or Magnetic plate, man, our shields suck, should've not bought this and shops wanna scam me with cheap cash. Will toss in some fire emblem XXXVI figurines if ya would like"

#PLT00001539:
Offer (barter) / Date: 27.08.45 / YokohamaLW-3 MFC for: aCrodyne MFC-75

#PLT00000666:
Offer (free) / Date: 28.08.45 / YokohamaPTS-88

#PLT00001320:
Offer (barter) / Date: 28.08.45 / Ordnance Guidance Computer for: Micro MMInterface
Offer (free) / Date: 28.08.45 / R&T Co. Microkit

#PLT00000350:
Offer (free) / Date: 30.08.45 / TuC Bi-Alloy Plating
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 12:35:31 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 21, 2018, 12:53:49 pm »

A Martian pilot's uniform in mint condition, more badges the better. I like souvenirs, and their black uniforms are damn nice looking.
". . .I wonder if I didn't shoot off that guy's corpse. And...if there is anything sold to weapons dealers on base, it is with a 10% tax. Hum!"

Josephine goes to inquire with...err, the officer in charge of salvage and maintenance if there was any salage of a Martian pilot's uniform as said by the above! Also she sets her OWN BARTER!

Quote from: Barter Request
'Item offered by user' for 'Item requested by user'
Type-13TWEET & 2  PBBT "Blasta" for Type-13BESPECTACLED (W/ Message: "I really need more space on my mech, please contact!"
"-And this button does. . ."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 21, 2018, 12:56:00 pm »

The salvage officer reports that nothing of note was salvaged. Scrap metal, computers and computer data are off-limits.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 21, 2018, 03:41:49 pm »

Jason reviewed the interstore catalogue and noted how sparse it was. He understood the concept, passing on used modules to other pilots to avoid the price gouging from the manufacturers, but it was still so... limited.

What if a pilot couldn't find someone who would trade him a module? What if no one would trade for a module?
They were forced to turn to the manufacturers and their 90% price difference.

What the pilots needed was a second hand store. Somewhere they could trade their old modules for credits to fund an upgrade, or look for improvements at a budget. Jason accepted all the free item offers, before writing his own entry:
Offer (barter) various second-hand  items at better prices than the manufacturer. Registered pilots only. Items available to buy and sell. All transactions final. Message for details.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 21, 2018, 04:04:22 pm »

@Jason:

Soon the terminal popped up a message from Interstore Sysadmins:

Quote from: msg@PLT00001602
Interstore does not allow trading of military-grade items for money. That is violation of UNDMF Contractor License Agreement, article 38 paragraph 3.
Your offer has been rescinded.
SigFlags!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 22, 2018, 11:08:55 am »

What the pilots needed was a second hand store. Somewhere they could trade their old modules for credits to fund an upgrade, or look for improvements at a budget. Jason accepted all the free item offers, before writing his own entry:
Offer (barter) various second-hand  items at better prices than the manufacturer. Registered pilots only. Items available to buy and sell. All transactions final. Message for details.
"How's the mail going, Jason? It seems I'm all out of options here with the store and Interstore; might as well take the Microkit and Alloy Plating. I'll probably take the former anyway now that I've a recognized license to tailor the mech internal systems."

Josephine checked her offer and noticed the...variance in price and range of it in such a public network. She tacks on another barter request on there, while claiming a few offers herself.

Quote from: Interstore Input
Take:

#PLT00001320:
Offer (free) / Date: 28.08.45 / R&T Co. Microkit
==+==
Cancel:
    'Item offered by user' for 'Item requested by user'
    Type-13TWEET & 2  PBBT "Blasta" for Type-13BESPECTACLED (W/ Message: "I really need more space on my mech, please contact!"
==+==
Repost:
#PLT00001601:
Offer (barter) / Date: 01.09.45 / PBBT "Blasta" for: "THUMPER" Electric Disperser
Offer (barter) / Date: 01.09.45 / PBBT "Blasta" & R&T Co. Microkit for: 400p SMRK

She also heads off intermittently to inquire about any possibility of 'mech swaps', basically by the end of the month, she goes off and transfers the TWEET-13 for the upgraded BESPECTACLED version...
(Trade-ins, like my mech costs 7k, and the next tier is 9.5k; if I had 2.5k credits, may I get that higher tier by swapping the base cost and additional funds?)
Also asks any rules regarding the Interstore, like what she just did--grab and retrade...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 12:57:59 pm by Tiruin »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 22, 2018, 01:06:28 pm »

The computer processed the first query.

R&T Co. Microkit from :#PLT00001320 to: #PLT00001601
Offering user has been notified, and item has been queried.
Expected delivery time: 5 days (6th September 2245).

Then there was a notification:

PBBT "Blasta" (1 unit) has been added into Interstore inventory and a removal query has been sent to your chief engineer.

And a red pop-up followed:

There is no R&T Co. Microkit registered in inventory of PLT#00001601.
Offer 'Offer (barter) / Date: 01.09.45 / PBBT "Blasta" & R&T Co. Microkit for: 400p SMRK' rescinded.
SigFlags!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 22, 2018, 01:34:21 pm »

"I am glad we can get as much as we want, but also that I'm learning many things I should have known but forgotten somehow."

Josephine shoved an email to all her fellow pilots to tell them about how fun the Interstore was, and delivery times with free shipping.

No other questions, other than continuing to ask about trade prices (as mentioned prior) and if there's any way, outside saving 9.5k credits, to barter up from a 7k credit mech...to the authorities handling trade and marketing on base.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 22, 2018, 02:17:05 pm »

Hmm... How did I miss that one. That's annoying. There's got to be a way around this problem.

Jason claimed the offered TuC Bi-Alloy Plating. It should keep him alive for a little longer.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 25, 2018, 11:17:17 am »

The armor plate was claimed and the offer list updated accordingly.

2th September 2245

3th September 2245

4th September 2245

5th September 2245

6th September 2245

7th September 2245

19:35

A cargo plane has landed on the base's strip.

Terminals in the pilots' quarters lit up.

"Engineering to Lieutenants Thrace and Tala. Engineering to Lieutenants Thrace and Tala. Your Interstore deliveries have arrived. Please consult with engineering team about possible modifications to your units."

Another notifications followed.

"UNMDF Council administrative order #0024853: Zeta Squad (base station Plymouth) capacity to be expanded to from 4 to 6 pilots, effective on 8th September 2245."
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 11:22:40 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 25, 2018, 12:00:06 pm »

Lt. Tala cheered as she had her equipment all fitted in once more--now with her own modifications (and all her spare time allotted to calibrations), she could both fire, arm, rearm, and target weaponry while having spare power and diversion to other resources. Why in the world are there no power cables in this universe?

Equip R&T Co. Microkit

CC: Lt. Thrace; Lt. Oliveira; Lt. Parley
Busy days everyone? Feeling a bit idle myself here...Any plans for the future? I've docked a weapon for a repair module, and calibrated my mech to be able to both scan, shoot, and repair if needed. Thanks again Luis! I've also heard we are accepting at most two more pilots! Hooray for them!

Also inquire with the...erm, officer in charge of overseeing mech pilots if there's any way we can train (our stats) in between missions. ((Hello suggesting 'base' or 'team' upgrades that we can shove our credits or other cumulative resource into, for benefits!))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 25, 2018, 12:05:55 pm »

Finally have my orders.. Hope I get along with everyone.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 12:07:53 pm by TricMagic »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 25, 2018, 01:53:55 pm »

The engineers did as asked and installed the Microkit onto one of T1-RU1N's empty slots.
SigFlags!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 25, 2018, 02:20:53 pm »

Equip Armor Plate

Hey Jo! I've making the most of the simulator they have here. Been keeping on top of my training. Pretty sure I saw you in there too?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 25, 2018, 02:29:18 pm »

The engineers had the armor plates installed within an hour!
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12