Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Chronicles of Martian Aggression War! Game/IC Thread!  (Read 7919 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Chronicles of Martian Aggression War! Game/IC Thread!
« Reply #105 on: June 19, 2018, 07:23:41 am »

Josephine looked at her weaponry, then at the scattered debris on the battlefield, and decided to finish this all up.

Scan...the general area! If possible, emphasize the blown up wrecks of those unknown Martian mechs!

And then all guns, boop the last Flygun!

Until she remembered that there was still no computer update to her system. She swore that would be a priority. And given everything was a burning, unidentifiable wreck, there was only one thing to do now.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 07:36:00 am by Tiruin »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 19, 2018, 07:40:59 am »

Quote from: Josephine vs Flygun H
Hit: 85+5-35 = 55
Hit roll: 83, miss!

Quote from: Josephine vs Flygun H
Hit: 85+5-35 = 55
Hit roll: 76, miss!

Surely the targeting computer needs calibration? Or maybe it's those invisible gnomes. Must be the gnomes, yes.

Spoiler: PC Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemy Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Friendlies Stats (click to show/hide)
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 19, 2018, 08:08:03 am »

Surprised that the FlyBot was still standing floating. Jason shot it.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 19, 2018, 08:38:55 am »

Bzooom.

Quote from: Jason vs Flygun H
Hit: 85-35 = 50
Hit roll: 56, miss!

The bot beeped rather tauntingly.

Spoiler: PC Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemy Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Friendlies Stats (click to show/hide)
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 19, 2018, 08:45:50 am »

Don't tell me after all those big mechs we're gonna choke on the last little drone.

Blast the flygun!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 19, 2018, 10:16:14 am »

Quote from: Luis vs Flygun H
Hit: 85+4-35 = 54
Hit roll: 4, hit!
Damage: 39-5 = 34 damage

Fortunately, Luis managed to shoot right in the middle of the bot. The resultant explosion threw robo-debris across large area.

Mission 1 Complete!

Few distant explosions soon were silenced, as the radios in pilots' cockpits cracked into activity.

"Zeta Squad, this is command. All enemy forces have been vaporized and the Trans-Gate phenomena is in process of destabilization. The assault on our base is over. Code yellow. You may return to the hangar now."
SigFlags!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 19, 2018, 11:36:54 am »

Don't tell me after all those big mechs we're gonna choke on the last little drone.
I'm too used to the stability of the long rifles...

((Hey Haspen? Thoughts on "cohesion" points as compared to FEFs support system? The more we rp or bond, we get points that can lead to squad bonuses effective like active boosts!))

As Josephine returned to the hangar, she scanned the surroundings of allied wrecks or casualties...which were minimal! (With a range of error due to the EMP fuzzing up the scanning, resetting after degaussing protocols in the hours that would come)

She chipped into the mech intercomms as the maintenance crew approached.
Who'd have thought that mere hours from transfer and this happens. I wonder if our location is compromised?

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 19, 2018, 11:53:19 am »

Satisfied after having taken down the last enemy, Luis returned to the hangar.

No idea. Guess we need to wait until further instructions. I wonde if you'll get a commendation for taking down a priority target.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 19, 2018, 12:47:27 pm »

The computerized intercom spoke up.

"Code yellow. No immediate hostilities in the area. Code yellow. All combat personnel maintain battle readiness. Engineering squads prepare for assessment and maintenance of base facilities and vehicles. Medical teams prepare emergency rooms for approximately hundred wounded.  Zeta Squad report to Commander Petersen for debriefing."
SigFlags!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 19, 2018, 03:44:10 pm »

Copy that Command. Zeta squad returning to base.

Jason switched frequencies, before comming his squad.

There is no way this was a coincidence. The timing is just too perfect. Beyond our pay grade to think about that though. We just have to worry about shooting the Reds in front of us. Josephine's got that part already. Putting us lads to shame!

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 19, 2018, 06:36:59 pm »

"Either way, it looks like the fun has ended for now. Now all we have left is the post-mission drudgery." He then turned off the comm briefly, yawning for about four-to-five seconds before resuming his message. I do hope the martians aren't just faking us out, and have actually stopped for now. How am I gonna get any sleep if they keep taking us like a thief in the night?"
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 20, 2018, 04:09:53 pm »

I dunno Kenneth, I think we may have a bit of light left still. Back in my regardless, we need to celebrate. Back in my platoon, we had the tradition that each trooper was owed a drink by each of his squadmates for each confirmed kill.  Now the question is, do drones count or is Josephine the only one to be getting hammered tonight?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 21, 2018, 11:29:02 am »

There is no way this was a coincidence. The timing is just too perfect. Beyond our pay grade to think about that though. We just have to worry about shooting the Reds in front of us. Josephine's got that part already. Putting us lads to shame!
Beyond our pay grade to restrict thoughts, honestly. Also thank you! But I couldn't have done anything if it weren't for the rest of you! I'm wondering how those trans-gates work, however. It is not a coincidence given it was led by...erm, a notorious individual. Even more that this may be a reconnaissance squad; interest resumes with 'one whole squad disappeared and mission failed', to our benefit!

I dunno Kenneth, I think we may have a bit of light left still. Back in my regardless, we need to celebrate. Back in my platoon, we had the tradition that each trooper was owed a drink by each of his squadmates for each confirmed kill.  Now the question is, do drones count or is Josephine the only one to be getting hammered tonight?
Josephine leaned back and busied herself with drafting mail for the local weapons/ordnance officers, and her taxes! She had to remind herself she was still in her mech, so nobody else could feel the increased temperature of her blushing.
Everything counts in my book. I was just lucky to be in a position to fire on them first! "Also I don't drink but I still have no idea what and how to tell the rest of you fine folks that..." -ahem, honestly I believe the kill is to the works of every single one of us! Party on the house from me!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 11:42:40 am by Tiruin »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 21, 2018, 11:30:16 am »

Once at the Commander's office, Petersen shook each pilot's hand.

"Very well done, pilots. You've exelled in your duty and once again, welcome in Plymouth. Get used to fighting at moment's notice; lately the Martians are concentrating on Europe. Also, your badges now."

Commander Petersen opened up a small box handed to him by one of aides, and pinned small red strips to the breast of each pilot.

Lieutenant Josephine Valle Tala receives Combat Baptism badge!
Lieutenant Jason Thrace receives Combat Baptism badge!
Lieutenant Luis Augusto dos Santos Oliveira receives Combat Baptism badge!
Lieutenant Kenneth Parley receives Combat Baptism badge!

"I must congratulate Lieutenant Tala on her triple kill during her first mission. Rarely I've seen anyone score so many dead Martians so fast. Keep it up, and after next sortie I will pin an Ace badge to your uniform."

"Because I've seen your usefulness, prowess and loyalty in combat, your files have been uploaded into UNMDF Interstore and your names were authorized by the High Command. You may now inquiry other bases for equipment replacements or spare units, as well as offer Pilots posted anywhere your own Mecha parts you no longer use. Of course, do that through the computer terminals in your quarters"

//You can now search UNMDF Interstore via quarters for random pieces of equipment being available. You can ask for them, but chances are higher if you offer some other piece in return.

"High Command will also be expanding your squad in near future, hopefully we can reach the standard number of 6 within a month. That is all. Dismissed."
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 12:00:14 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 21, 2018, 11:50:46 am »

Post-badge and fun stuff...
Josephine whistled a song of her homeland as she strolled down the halls to contact the UNMDF Interstore. Pay was up in a few days or so, and she spent her spare change bonding with the guys and checking out the ordinance, all in between regular maintainance of her mech and small parts. She knew the UNMDF Interstore was much like a free-traders area where people could requisition items or modules for free, especially if they have one to offer back; it reminded her of the 'honesty store' back in the northernmost parts of her archipelago and how successful it was despite no constant watcher and the only influence being one's own deliberation. Although this one was crewed.

She did also remember, as she approached the communications terminal, that she promised someone something and it had to do with the Interstore...maybe it was best to just ask and let them decide to feel around for familiarity, so she wouldn't end up undercutting anyone?

"Hello there, this is the first time I've visited this place and...can I ask for any equipment you can spare?"
Ask for a random thing from the UNMDF Interstore...

She also inquires other bases for selling off her Type13-TWEET mech for a Type-13BESPECTACLED, and what anyone would buy to sell her a(nother) Dragunov or a Ordnance Guidance Computer, and noted down offers and responses...

There was always the idea of breaking away from the conformational...SRP, or the suggested retail price back when she was merely a trainee pilot. This was very new grounds to tread on.

How she wished there was some salvage that was available, but the battle did take place on military grounds...
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 11:52:41 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12