Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Dark Rolls - The Last RTD [5/6]  (Read 9528 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Rolls - The Last RTD [5/6]
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2018, 05:10:20 pm »

You think? Either way, knight or no, I'm not letting that guy go in alone.

Head on after the Idiot knight who thinks going into the dark tower alone is a good life decision. Granted, I am following him...

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Rolls - The Last RTD [4/6]
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2018, 05:32:25 pm »

You think? Either way, knight or no, I'm not letting that guy go in alone.

Head on after the Idiot knight who thinks going into the dark tower alone is a good life decision. Granted, I am following him...

Alright, now I know who not to protect from the team.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2018, 05:49:02 pm »

OoC: Sorry, but it is. And this is Emir, he's a cautious sort in this sort of situation.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2018, 06:18:24 pm »

Barrik, having freshly awoken and gotten his bearings, would spot the others and begin to shout and run as fast and loud as he could to catch up to them, given he was just past his prime.
"Hey, you there, wait up please!"
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2018, 02:54:12 am »

Barrik, having freshly awoken and gotten his bearings, would spot the others and begin to shout and run as fast and loud as he could to catch up to them, given he was just past his prime.
"Hey, you there, wait up please!"

I forgot to mention your wake up in the turn, so it'd happen during the next one and your action will be included.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2018, 09:02:24 am »

Turn 3

Emir sighs, loosening his draw, but keeping it at hand. Are you alright? - he asked, examining others. After a few deep breaths, Erin replied: ...huh. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm fine.

So what do you guys think is inside? My guess is maybe something enlighten the path down. - Alexandra joined them.

Ferreolus chuckled at the sight the corpse jumping to its... Death? Can the undead die? But he still had a feeling that there must be something important inside of the bell tower.

[1] He rushed inside before anyone could stop him. Just two seconds later a bone chilling scream came from the tower!

You think? Either way, knight or no, I'm not letting that guy go in alone. - Emir said, heading on after the knight who thinks going into the dark tower alone is a good life decision.

[2] The three were about to enter the bell tower, but a strange force field suddenly blocked the doorway!

Ferreolus rushed inside the tower and hastily moved towards stairs, but then a monster jumped down from the top of the tower! It was bulky and tall, with metal plates sewn into its dry, purple skin. The creature had curved blades mounted to its arms with metal screws and chains, and it looked that its teeth were razor-sharp! The monster screamed menacingly and a force field appeared, blocking the way out!

[Frightdweller: 2,2,5,6]
[Ferreolus: 1,6,5,6]

The frightdweller slowly leapt at the knight with double side slashes aimed perfectly at his neck, but Ferreolus blocked the attack with his shield! The strength of the attack was enough to knock him off balance! Ferreolus fell backwards and hit a shelf, smashing it. Several books fell down and hit him in the head, though helmet blocked most of it.

[5] Another of the coffins thrown out by previous earthquake opened. A somewhat old man in a  slightly bloodied white apron over his robes lifted the lid and thrown it away, then got out of it. He looked around, then heard some people above him. Hey, you there, wait up please! - he shouted and ran past a strange knight with a beaked helmet, up to the bell tower and people waiting outside.

Enemies:

Frightdweller: [80/80]

Players:

Ferreolus: -5 HP [35/40]
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 09:36:36 am by Dark One »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2018, 09:18:16 am »

Damn beast...

Ferreolus realizes that this creature strikes are too strong to just block, so instead he takes position and tries to deflect the next attack with his shield, turning aside the creature's blades and leaving an opening for him to take advantage of. After the attack has been parried, Ferreolus carefully aims and impales his blade into the space between the creature's plates. If this doesn't work, he instead attemps a Mighty Strike against the monster.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2018, 09:36:17 am »

Force my way in through the forcefield, bow readied.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2018, 10:26:30 am »

"how rude, leaving me in a coffin to rot. How'd we even get here? Where is here?"
probe the forcefield for weaknesses using my chimes. The holy power Imbued in them should make the sound capable of affecting whatever dark magic powers it."
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2018, 10:29:31 am »

...Examine the field for any runes linked to it.

"Do any of you know how to disrupt this?"

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2018, 07:15:11 pm »

using my knowledge of the arcane, i will find what powers the force field
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2018, 12:14:06 pm »

Updating soon©

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2018, 04:34:44 pm »

Updating soon©
You got it backwards. It's soon™ and  progress©.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2018, 10:04:06 am »

Turn 4

Damn beast... - Ferreolus thought.

[Ferreolus: 5,4,5,2]
[Frightdweller: 6,6,5,5]

Realising that strikes of this strange creature are too strong to block, Ferreolus assumed a defensive position and waited for it's next attack. Once the beast struck, he deflected the attack with his shield. The force was strong enough to lightly dent it, but frightdweller's claws were heavily damaged as well! Taking the opportunity, Ferreolus had thrusted his sword forward at a space between metal plates on the beasts body, but it jumped away in the last moment!

[Ferreolus: 2,5,1,5]
[Frightdweller: 6,3,4,3]

Seeing that his previous attempt yielded no satisfactory results, Ferreolus charged with a mighty strike against the beast... hitting the floor as frightdweller flied up the tower!

[3] Erin attempted to force his way through the barrier, but it pushed him back!

[4] How rude, leaving me in a coffin to rot. How'd we even get here? Where is here? - Barrik caught up with others and yelled. Seeing Erin being pushed back by the force field, Barrik rang his chimes, sending waves of holy energy towards the entry. They resonated upon contact with it, and the doctor was able to tell that something from inside the building is keeping it up!

[4] Do any of you know how to disrupt this? - Emir asked, looking at a wall of energy within a doorframe. He came closer and carefully examined it and nearest area. There were no runes linked to the barrier, meaning that it was casted by someone from inside.

[3] Without any words, Alexandra approached the force field and touched it with his staff, trying to sense what powers it. The charge of energy he sent was blocked by a being inside the tower, yet he can't determine what dwells inside.

Enemies:

Frightdweller: -15 HP [65/80], -20 Stamina [100/120]

Players:

Ferreolus: -25 Stamina [50/75], Mighty Charge: 4 turns cooldown

GM Notes

TricMagic, could you post your actions in bold and write OOC with normal text? This way it is easier to distinguish it, and I'm so used to bold actions that I had nearly ignored your action this turn.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 12:41:54 pm by Dark One »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2018, 10:10:04 am »

Look for a window/opening, and if I find one unblocked, call the others, then climb up to it.

After which, send a rope down. and help some of them up.

"I'm going to look for another entrance. I'll call if I find one."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5