Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 58

Author Topic: Knights of the Skies: Verusa Thread - Early Summer 1916, Production Phase  (Read 60132 times)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
Re: Knights of the Skies: Verusa Thread
« Reply #150 on: June 09, 2018, 03:14:31 pm »

1 dice to the emu?! I know we are going to revision it to be cheaper before its finished but a single die seems...a bit to little... at minimum we should do two. This turn we probably won't do a design, just a bunch of revisions, and as such I believe using a revision on the sky eye to make it more stable and a ailerons upgrade to our rhinos would be good and we can use the last dice on a revision to the VRAC A.1 Emu to make it a bit cheaper or on a camera if we want to make one instead of asking for one.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 09, 2018, 03:50:56 pm »

I'd love to vote to invest more dice into the emu but it costs us 2pp for every dice we invest and there's likely going to be a big battle this turn so we're going to need to have some pp to spend if we want to win.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 09, 2018, 04:02:04 pm »

Well, if we don't rush the Emu it's going to be an average of 4 more turns before we get it out.  The Kol's could have their own fighter out before we do, even if they start a comparably-long project this turn.  I say do 2 dice this turn and fix the bug if it appears.  That leaves us with enough to buy a new Rhino and a Sky Eye...or do you pay maintenance the turn you acquire the equipment?

Also, can we requesition civilian cameras?

For our dice this turn:
Quote from: Plan Checkmark
-2 dice to rush Emu
-Cheapen the Emu
-Aileron Rhino' s
-Save the last dice

Quote from: Votes
1 dice to Emu (1); Jerick
2 dice to Emu (1); eS

Requistion
Standard Army Stick grenade (2); Jerick, eS
Standard civilian cameras (1): eS
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 04:05:05 pm by evictedSaint »

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 09, 2018, 04:30:51 pm »

Well, if we don't rush the Emu it's going to be an average of 4 more turns before we get it out.  The Kol's could have their own fighter out before we do, even if they start a comparably-long project this turn.  I say do 2 dice this turn and fix the bug if it appears.
So invest 1 dice and rush 1 dice? Invested dice cost pp, rush dice don't nor do they subtract from our dice total so we'd still have four dice left over for revision phase. I can get behind that but since rush dice are very different things to invested dice you need to make it clear what is what in the vote box.
That leaves us with enough to buy a new Rhino and a Sky Eye
I was thinking a new Rhino and a bolt machine gun to equip them with.
...or do you pay maintenance the turn you acquire the equipment?
The turn after thankfully

Also, can we requesition civilian cameras?
I have it in my head that we can only requisition stuff the other branches actually use and that that wouldn't cover cameras but on a quick scan of the thread I can't find where I got that impression so maybe?

Quote from: Votes
1 dice to Emu, 1 dice rushed (1); Jerick
2 dice to Emu (1); eS

Requistion
Standard Army Stick grenade (2); Jerick, eS
Standard civilian cameras (1): eS

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 09, 2018, 04:42:20 pm »

Oh! I had misunderstood, I thought additional investments and rushing were the same thing.  Hmmm...I dunno what would be better, then?  Maybe a rush, because there is a chance we won't have to spend an extra dice at all?

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 09, 2018, 04:55:50 pm »

Yes I think so and if we do 1 invest, 1 rush we can still afford a new Rhino squadron + machine guns. Currently we're at 14pp and we have 8pp maintenance, the 1 dice invested will cost 2pp which will leave 4pp for the Rhino squad and machine guns. If we invest twice we can't afford it.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 09, 2018, 05:03:00 pm »

Hmmm...can we invest AND rush?  With 3 dice we'd have to get more than 13 to complete it, so we'd likely still have another turn to fix it if a bug pops up.  4 turns is a long time to wait...

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 09, 2018, 05:08:50 pm »

We must invest if we are to rush. We cannot rush more dice into it than we are investing into the project on any given turn.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 09, 2018, 05:09:45 pm »

I mainly want to see about adding ailerons to the Rhino this turn so we can match the enemy in a turning fight.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 09, 2018, 05:10:01 pm »

We still should make the sky eye more stable sooner or later but this plan is one I so far can get behind.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 09, 2018, 05:10:28 pm »

Well, yeah - I meant invest 2 dice and a rush.

I haven't played spires race, so I'm not 100% on the optimal strategy.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 09, 2018, 05:19:54 pm »

We still should make the sky eye more stable sooner or later but this plan is one I so far can get behind.
Personally I think the next stage of balloon tech would be a new helium balloon, hopefully with separate gas cells as to be more resistant to machine gun fire, and maybe with a machine gun of their own mounted on it for AA fire.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 09, 2018, 05:29:27 pm »

Well, yeah - I meant invest 2 dice and a rush.
Ah right I see. We could do that but I'd be against it because we wouldn't have enough PP left over to make a new Rhino Squadron and with a battle for one of our cities looming we really need those planes imo.
I haven't played spires race, so I'm not 100% on the optimal strategy.
The fact that we're acting as back up rather than the main force and the addition of things like prestige means I don't have much of a handle on the optimal strategy either.
Personally I think the next stage of balloon tech would be a new helium balloon, hopefully with separate gas cells as to be more resistant to machine gun fire, and maybe with a machine gun of their own mounted on it for AA fire.
Well making Sky eyes more stable is something that could be done with a revision where as helium balloons are a design and will take a while to implement. I think it'd take us a while to get around to making another balloon design so I see no problem upgrading the one we have.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 09, 2018, 05:37:58 pm »

Ah - okay, I see.  The first investment isn't free.

So it would be:
-1 Emu investment
-1 Emu Rush (no dice cost)
-1 Aileron Rhino
-1 Cheapen the Emu
-1 Sky Eye Stability
-1 Dice left Over

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 09, 2018, 05:45:05 pm »

Helium is expensive, very expensive. Also, once we have a good chunk of squads we can give proper missions that are world war 1 style, though we probably should do that anyway. Said missions being things like Defensive patrols (The proper name for what we just did) Line patrols (Aka kill anything flying you spot while flying over our side of no mans land, including enemy balloons) Balloon attacks (Aka just kill balloons, ignore other targets unless they engage you) and of course offensive patrols (Going over the enemy lines while engaging anything that flies) Then there are the more well known missions like ground attack, recon and all that.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 58