Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 58

Author Topic: Knights of the Skies: Verusa Thread - Early Summer 1916, Production Phase  (Read 59933 times)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile

Anyway, once this turn is done, we are working on a new aircraft yes? I think I'll have the African Swallow use the Barnett 1915, and with that any and all issues people had with the thing should be solved.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Back from vacation...

So, we're abandoning a front again?  I really don't think that's a good idea.  At least leave a token balloon and rhino to defend it.

Also, our hard push mid was completely countered last turn because they had plenty of photorecon, while we still have only one photorecon squadron.  I'd rather see Rhino 5 converted into a photorecon bird than a shitty bomber that'll be obsolete in two-three turns anyways.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Urgh damn computer troubles. Anyway I'd be okay with reassigning a balloon squadron to help out with the forest flank. Hopefully their fighter aircraft in the central theater will be focused on the city which if we're lucky will mean this balloon squadron won't get shot up. Also there's a chance our guys on the ground push that flank and center doesn't lose much ground we could encircle the enemy forest forces.
Everyone okay with me editing the plan to have a northern balloon squadron moved to the central forest flank?

Edit: I frankly don't think we can reliably push more than two fronts right now. Seeing as our Koletchian counterparts were focusing on two fronts last turn and may do so again this turn then spreading ourselves out across all fronts is a terrible decision and will allow them to outnumber us on multiple fronts. As for token defenses we really don't have a Rhino squadron to spare. Most of our northern based craft are on missions that either take them away from or make them vulnerable to dog fighting missions. We need the Rhino squadrons to protect them in case they deploy a solid number of air superiority fighters north and the south is guaranteed to be a furball.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 09:24:15 am by Jerick »

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile

Yeah, switch to mid.  Our generals were clear about pushing that lane this turn.

A Rhino would be best, but leave at least a balloon in a theater.  Leaving it empty hurts relations and causes "route" situations.  Maybe Squire 3? It sucks to make Knight 2 do all the air supremacy, but it hurts even more to leave it undefended.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Es, I think taking squire 3 away from the only place we are certain that they will support in force is a bad idea. If they didn't put the majority of their forces to Basselton I would be shocked. I know that they will take some ground, but I'm quite sure that route situation only happened because they made a large push there when we had nothing. I'm sure we won't lose the city, and feel we can afford to lose some ground there.

I say if we want to make sure we don't lose the center we move almost all of our forces in the north down to meet them or not at all.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 01:54:29 pm by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile

My objections stand as-is for the reasons stated.  I disagree with our course of action, but I won't contest the issue any further.  The vote totals 3, which should be enough to progress without me. 

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd just like to state that I'm in full agreement with EvictedSaint about this plan and how it's a bad idea to abandon a battlefront.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile

I am in full agreement but too preoccupied to post a plan of my own
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Since you want other plans, have two.

Quote from: Plan Screw the Rules, I have Money!
New Purchases.
1x VRAC A.1 "Emu" Squadron Knight 3
1x Bar’s Shelf-AABR for Knight 1
1x Bottled Fury Bomb for Knight 1
1x Sky Eye Squadron Rook 4
1x Rhino's Feet Ailerons for Squire 1
Equip Rook 4 with Bird watching Essentials

Disband Rook 4 & 5 +1 PP

Total cost 9
Maintenance 12
Current pp 21
Remaining 0

Deployment
Northern Front
Knight 3 is to Preform Arial Superiority, if no enemy aircraft, Balloon busting, if no enemy aircraft or Balloons, Recon.
Squire 4 is to Preform Recon Patrols for both the army and for good places to bomb.
Squire 5 is to Preform Bombing runs on the targets found to be good to blast to bits.
Squire 1 is to Preform Balloon Protection, if no enemy aircraft, Recon.
Rook 1 & 2 is to preform Artillery Spotting.

Central Front
Squire 3 is to Preform Arial Superiority, if no enemy aircraft, Balloon busting, if no enemy aircraft or Balloons, Recon (I pity these poor, poor souls flying this mission)

Southern Front
Knight 1 is to Preform bombing runs on enemy naval assets.
Knight 2 is to Preform Arial Superiority, if no enemy aircraft, Balloon busting, if no enemy aircraft or Balloons, Recon.
Squire 2 is to Preform Balloon Protection, no enemy aircraft, Recon.
Rook 3 & 4 is to Preform Artillery Spotting.
Quote from: Plan Screw the Rules, I'm buying the shoreline
New Purchases.
1x VRAC A.1 "Emu" Squadron Knight 3
1x Bar’s Shelf-AABR for Knight 1
1x Bottled Fury Bomb for Knight 1
1x Sky Eye Squadron Rook 4
1x Rhino's Feet Ailerons for Squire 1
Equip Rook 4 with Bird watching Essentials

Disband Rook 4 & 5 +1 PP

Total cost 9
Maintenance 12
Current pp 21
Remaining 0

Deployment
Northern Front
Squire 3, Air Superiority, if no enemy aircraft, Balloon busting, if no aircraft or Balloons, Recon.

Central Front
Knight 3 is to Preform Arial Superiority, if no enemy aircraft, Balloon busting, if no aircraft or Balloons, Recon.
Squire 4 is to Preform Recon Patrols for both the army and for good places to bomb.
Squire 5 is to Preform Bombing runs on the targets found to be good to blast to bits.
Squire 1 is to Preform Balloon Protection, if no enemy aircraft, Recon
Rook 1 & 2 is to preform Artillery Spotting.

Southern Front
Knight 1 is to Preform bombing runs on enemy naval assets.
Knight 2 is to Preform Arial Superiority, if no enemy aircraft, Balloon busting, if no aircraft or Balloons, Recon.
Squire 2 is to Preform Balloon Protection, if no enemy aircraft, Recon.
Rook 3 & 4 is to Preform Artillery Spotting.

The Screw the rules plans both have the same purchases and the only difference between them is that one has multiple aircraft in the north, and the other has those aircraft doing the same thing but in the center. There is also a Squire going out there in the one place we have no other squadrons so we have some aircraft everywhere.

Edit: I noticed I forgot Squire 3 in the shoreline plan.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 03:21:31 pm by piratejoe »

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So...guys? Thoughts on the plans?

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looks good to me.

Quote from: votes
Retake the North (0):
Operation Anvil Amended (3): Jerick, Piratejoe, Sensei
Plan Screw the Rules, I have Money! (1): Happerry
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile

Retake the North (0):
Operation Anvil Amended (3): Jerick, Piratejoe, Sensei
Plan Screw the Rules, I'm buying the shoreline (1): NAV
Our generals want to push center so lets push center.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, there is bound to be enemies in the center anyway and possibly taking the fight to the next city would be good for us, even if I want a buffer.
Retake the North (0):
Operation Anvil Amended (2): Jerick, Sensei
Plan Screw the Rules, I'm buying the shoreline (2): NAV, Piratejoe

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Forenia Forever!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

Eh fine.

Retake the North (0):
Operation Anvil Amended (1): Jerick
Plan Screw the Rules, I have Money! (0):
Plan Screw the Rules, I'm buying the shoreline (4): NAV, Piratejoe, Happerry, Sensei
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 58