Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 58

Author Topic: Knights of the Skies: Verusa Thread - Early Summer 1916, Production Phase  (Read 59925 times)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile

Holy shit everything is so God damn expensive

Quote from: votes
Retake the North (0):
Operation Anvil Amended (1): Jerick
Plan Thumbtack (2): Piratejoe, eS cancelled due to budgetary reasons
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 01:05:41 pm by evictedSaint »

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile

Retake the North (0):
Operation Anvil Amended (2): Jerick, Piratejoe
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uhh, guys, we need votes.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

Retake the North (0):
Operation Anvil Amended (3): Jerick, Piratejoe, Sensei

Screw it, why not.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Knights of the Skies: Verusa Thread - Late Winter 1915, Design Phase
« Reply #529 on: July 08, 2018, 11:48:27 pm »

Design Phase, Late Winter 1915

Squire 1 of Rhinos has reached Rookie experience level.

The generals previously responsible for the defence of Demisonne have been reassigned to the attack on Derboise. While perhaps a little optimistic, these generals are nonetheless grateful for the air superiority provided by Sky Crusader planes. They do call for more Sky Eye balloons, to take advantage of the current air superiority.

At the frontlines outside Dreidansk, the generals are looking to continue their push toward Estwice, which still seems the easier objective for now. They suggest devoting more planes to the bombing mission, or more to shooting down the enemy balloons to blunt the effect of Kolechian artillery.

In the south, the navy is shocked at the speed with which the Kolechians have gone for Basselton. They call immediately for more aircraft to match the KPAF there, especially to protect the Sky Eye balloons. The attack on Mizogorod has been temporarily shelved, pending the outcome of the battle for Basselton, and as such the photoreconnaissance squadron there can be reassigned. As for the surprise raid on Risleis, the navy has decided to write it off as a once-off occurrence for now, although there is some grumbling among the officers that Kolechian balloons can work off ships while Sky Eyes can’t.

After rereading the report, maybe we should redirect more of the northern forces towards center, since that is where our generals are pushing. Plus, I'd really like to push the Cravne Forest flank with some support.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I too would like to push into the Cravne forest, but for now, I have to say, I agree with Jerick's statement that "a major point of this game is that we'll never have enough to do everything we want to do" We need more resources, time, and aircraft before we can deploy a solid number of forces everywhere at once. Next turn we can try to do your plan as we will hopefully get the 3 pp from the ottomans and from further mobilization, or rather something similar to it, but for now, we should defend where they will certainty make a major push, and attack where they won't have many forces. We will certainty lose ground in the center, but we won't lose the city we took, at worst it will end up like Basselton where the fighting still was going on in the city....I hope... Besides, the attack up north should go well, and it will give us more breathing room to focus on the center and south.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know, but my point is we're pushing hard on north when most of the generals have been moved center.

I say we
1) Don't leave a theatre undefended; last time we did, they were pissed and we lost *so* much ground
2) Shift the north forces to center, where our generals are focused on fighting.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can understand why you feel that way but I think they will have the majority of their forces taking Basselton, in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if all their EMP's where on the southern front. I don't think they have the resources to do too much damage without giving up Basselton and getting the navy and army glaring at them and blaming them for everything going wrong. We will lose some land, I'm certain of that, but we won't lose any aircraft, experience, or cities in the center, not yet anyway... So for now, I believe it is fine. Besides, the last time we lost so much ground was because they had a bunch of their forces strike there when we weren't there. If they only send a couple of their forces, the damage will be no where near as catastrophic. Besides, I want a buffer zone so we have more time we can more or less mostly ignore the north and take a bunch of stuff in the center.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll budge on most of it, but I still demand that something be put into the center, if for no other reason than to assure our forces we haven't abandoned them.  A single Rhino on "Patrol" would be enough - we have very stark evidence that no forces in a theatre is very, very bad for both relations and the state of the front lines.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, but putting a single squadron of Rhino's in the center might not be the best. If they put as many forces as I expect them too, it probably will do okay, but otherwise I doubt it will end well...unless they didn't deploy anything there... Eh I just think we don't have the resources to spread out our forces more. Maybe we could take the one Rhino on air superiority from the north but I'm unsure about having no dedicated air superiority, even if they probably will put only one or at most two Feathers there...

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Remember when we didn't put anything north? They forced a route. Pull the air superiority Rhino from the north and put it center on "Patrol". If nothing's there, we get a bonus from not abandoning the ground forces. If there is an assault, it doesn't become a route.

We are short on squadrons, so pulling the northern squadron will hurt - but not as much as leaving the center open to attack.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eh, I don't like how we would only have 2 Rhinos doing non air superiority just ripe to be shot down by a squadron of feathers, especially when one of these squadrons will have reduced maneuverability and speed because of their bomb load... So if they have a single squadron there like I suspect they do, we probably would make a push just by shear numbers, but I don't like our chances with the survival rate of our pilots, specifically the bombers.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We have 4 balloons; what about putting one of them there, at least?

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I guess, although it possibly would reduce our inpact on the north. I'm fine with doing that though, much better then removing any air support from our squadrons in the north so the one or two squadrons the Kols send up there just do what they want with no consequences. Although I wouldn't be surprised if like in Basselton last turn, the balloons are just wiped out.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah...that tends to happen when you don't put up any air support, funnily enough. >:/
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 58