Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 58

Author Topic: Knights of the Skies: Verusa Thread - Early Summer 1916, Production Phase  (Read 59989 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Knights of the Skies: Verusa Thread
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2018, 10:52:41 pm »

I'll change my vote to Plan Not Alpha, with one stipulation: If possible, spent the extra PP to buy and shelve to Bird Watching sets for future squads. Hopefully that doesn't need to count as a new plan, since there is no downside if it is allowed.

I vote that our air force be known as the Blue Knights, because our brilliant Constitutional Monarchy (the best form of government) befits our pilots the title of Knight and Blue is both one of the colors of our flag, and the color of the sky, denoting our role in the armed forces. Not that I'm terribly opposed to Verusan Air Force if people would rather be less dramatic.

Quote from: votes
Production plans
Production Plan Alpha (1): Jerick
Production Plan Not Alpha (2): Happerry, Sensei

Deployment Plans
Deployment Plan Not Alpha (2): Happerry, Sensei

Insignia
Purple Winged Sword (1) : Sensei
Red Winged Sword () :
Wings at Hilt (1) : Happerry

Force Name
Blue Knights: (1) Sensei

Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2018, 10:55:40 pm »

Production plans
Production Plan Not Alpha (3): Happerry, Sensei, SC

Deployment Plans

Insignia
Red Winged Sword () :
Wings at Hilt (2) : Happerry, SC

Force Name
Blue Knights: (1) Sensei
Verusan’s Sky Crusaders: (1) SC

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2018, 12:27:52 am »

You should probably add your vote to the deploy plan as well. I'll second Sky Crusaders, I like it, assuming we're dropping the " 's " to make it grammatically correct.

Production plans

Deployment Plans

Insignia
Red Winged Sword () :

Force Name
Blue Knights
Verusan's Sky Crusaders: (1) SC,
Verusan Sky Crusaders: (1) Sensei
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2018, 12:34:06 am »

Production plans

Deployment Plans

Insignia
Red Winged Sword () :

Force Name
Blue Knights
Verusan Sky Crusaders: (2) Sensei, SC

Why not, but we still have some strategic questioning for our future turns. I think things like trying to get a requisition for a air-cooled General-Purpose Machine Gun (there, we’ll take whatever machine gun they got whether it shoots rifle calibers or heavier ones), but I think we might want to spend a Foster Mount for our aircraft before our airplanes before we get synchronization gear perfectly developed, unless we want to go bombing?, also the 5 dice system allows you to do three designs per two turns if necessary. All we have to do is for the revision phase just only spend 1 or no die, though it will be more Production Point intensive

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2018, 04:16:16 am »

Hello friends I am here.  Have we decided on an emblem? If not I can mock something up.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2018, 04:28:22 am »

Well since we're almost guaranteed to finish balloons with the next dice we invest I'd like to stick one in there if possible. Foster Mounts are a good idea. We'll need to spend a revision on it at least but I'd still also like to get grenades so we can do some basic bombing with our recon planes. So we'll need to decide between grenades and machine guns. If we're getting a machine gun it might be best to design a fighter to go with it. Still this is all stuff that will be heavily effected by our battle report. It'll be our first glimpse as to what direction the enemy is going in after all.

Hello friends I am here.  Have we decided on an emblem? If not I can mock something up.
Hello there! I came up with several possibilities (they should be linked in the vote-box under insignia) but more options are always welcome. The more people trying to make an emblem the more chance someone will come up with a really great one.

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2018, 10:25:06 am »

I'll change my vote to Plan Not Alpha, with one stipulation: If possible, spent the extra PP to buy and shelve to Bird Watching sets for future squads. Hopefully that doesn't need to count as a new plan, since there is no downside if it is allowed.

Good try, but you can't bank PP in that way. The VSC nevertheless will buy up all the bird-watching equipment it can this turn, and every last man on the aerodromes will get his own copy of "Barnson’s Guide to the Birds of the Grand Lakes".

Production plans are locked in, the Battle Phase will be posted shortly.

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2018, 12:11:28 pm »

Design Phase, Late Summer 1915

The artillery officers are requesting for more balloons, promising great advances if more balloons can be procured. On the northern front, the generals are annoyed that the Sky Crusaders are providing less intelligence than their Kolechian counterparts, and want the situation rectified.

There are unsubstantiated rumours that a cabal of navy officers are considering acquiring balloons for use by the navy.

High command has increased your budget by 2 PP, as the country devotes more factories to war. In addition, you have an extra 2 PP for this turn, as a result of having better insignias.

Spoiler: Projects (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Designs and Technology (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Squadrons (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Statistics (click to show/hide)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2018, 12:39:37 pm »

We should make a fighter this turn, if for no other reason than to ensure we get the first air-to-air kill that isn't also a murder-suicide.

Imagine the prestige!

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2018, 12:50:12 pm »

After that ram I suspect they'll be arming up (and to take out our balloons) and if we don't do the same we'll suffer for it. I propose we attempt to requisition machine guns from the army and revise a Foster Mount for our Rhinos to mount them, while spending a dice into the sky eyes. This should give us combat capable planes this turn while leaving us three dice to invest into a project.

Edit: Hold on. Why is the sky eye maintenance 1.5 now?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 12:53:16 pm by Jerick »

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2018, 01:08:36 pm »

Edit: Hold on. Why is the sky eye maintenance 1.5 now?

Because it's a prototype, which has 50% greater maintenance costs. If you finish the Sky Eyes this turn it'll drop to the usual 1.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2018, 01:24:27 pm »

What machinegun are our ground troops using?

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2018, 01:27:35 pm »

I think we should make a sniper rifle for our balloons, so they can both spot and support our artillery. In addition we should issue SMGs to everyone, for air defense. I can make a design in a few days, for the sniper rifle, with stabilization systems and stupid specs.
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2018, 02:00:33 pm »

I think we should make a sniper rifle for our balloons, so they can both spot and support our artillery. In addition we should issue SMGs to everyone, for air defense. I can make a design in a few days, for the sniper rifle, with stabilization systems and stupid specs.
No our Balloons are acting as arty spotters they are far enough back that even sniper rifles wouldn't be that effective. Generally speaking if snipers in our balloons were close enough to head shot an enemy then there's a good chance an enemy sniper would be able to hit the sniper/balloon's fuel stores or something else important. If our balloons are close enough to the enemy to take ground fire something has gone horribly wrong. They are far back but they have very long and very clear lines of sight to the enemy defensive positions which make them excellent for ranging artillery. On top of all that I'm reluctant to spend a design to make what is basically infantry equipment and will be largely irrelevant to the future advances of the air war. I'd much prefer to design air equipment.

As for SMGs the first practical sub machine gun was invented in 1918 and we are 2-3 years behind anyway so you are going to have to wait some time before we can issue SMGs to anyone.

Because it's a prototype, which has 50% greater maintenance costs. If you finish the Sky Eyes this turn it'll drop to the usual 1.
Ah I see. All the more reason to finish the sky eyes this turn.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2018, 02:04:35 pm »

Plus the balloon isn't the most steady of platforms - it sways quite a lot.

I say we rush jet engines.  I'm sure if we focus hard, we'll be able to get a working prototype by the time the war is over.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 58