Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 57

Author Topic: Knights of the Skies: Kolechia Thread - Early Summer 1916, Production Phase  (Read 54541 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Knights of the Skies: Kolechia Thread - Late Spring 1915, Production Phase
« Reply #720 on: August 08, 2018, 07:14:31 pm »

They'd definitely switch to an EMU, and the squad XP difference is pretty small by this point. I doubt aces have problems swapping plane types.

The Ace Hunters variant is risky, shiny chasing bravado. Still, it may be our best time for it, and a success should give us a leg up on the XP race and a nice boost of prestige.

Quote from: Boxed Votes
Estwice is Ours (Regular):
Estwice is Ours (Ace Hunters): (1) Nirur
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 09:24:03 pm by Nirur Torir »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: August 08, 2018, 11:05:28 pm »

Estwice is Ours (Regular):
Estwice is Ours (Ace Hunters): (2) Nirur, Doomblade
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kpkdktswnw2018

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: August 09, 2018, 05:23:55 am »

Out of curosity, can we stack engines, like 2 rows of R5, with revision?

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 09, 2018, 05:25:05 am »

They'd definitely switch to an EMU, and the squad XP difference is pretty small by this point. I doubt aces have problems swapping plane types.
Maybe, but remember there's a bigger difference between their Emus and the starting planes than for our EFM (double vs. single seat) so the XP loss is likely to be greater. (Come to think of it, this may well be a factor in our continuing experience advantage).

My biggest criticism of the Ace Hunters plan is the production; I'd much rather upgrade all our EFMs with the new sight than buy another squadron.

And hey, I'll chuck in an 'honourable challenge' plan. Only differences from Nirur's Regular is that Piotr's squadron is swapped to the Northern front and that the possibility of a challenge is issued.

Estwice is Ours (Regular): (1) TopHat
Estwice is Ours (Ace Hunters): (2) Nirur, Doomblade.
Estwice is Ours (Challenge):
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: August 09, 2018, 03:42:48 pm »

I'm too indecisive. Today, I don't care as much about ace hunting, and focusing on quality planes looks better to me, especially because they're not costing more maintenance like this.

Estwice is Ours (Regular): (2) TopHat, Nirur
Estwice is Ours (Ace Hunters): (1) Doomblade.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: August 09, 2018, 03:44:45 pm »

I should probwbly actually vote.

Estwice is Ours (Regular): (3) TopHat, Nirur, Kashyyk

Khang36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: August 09, 2018, 03:47:18 pm »

Estwice is Ours (Regular): (4) TopHat, Nirur, Kashyyk,khang

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: August 10, 2018, 03:32:34 pm »

Attention, Crimson Eagle fans!

Do you want to fly like they fly?
Do you want to fly the newest planes, before anyone else?
Do you want to fly faster than any Kolechian has before?
Do you want to help win the war against Verusa, without even having to enter combat?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: August 12, 2018, 09:16:19 am »

Calling All Pilots!

Are you intelligent? Skilled? Daring? Do you want to test the limits of your abilities, whilst testing the abilities of the most cutting-edge aircraft around? Then the People's Air Force needs YOU! As a test pilot, you will provide invaluable support for the war effort, helping ensure that the equipment which reaches our boys on the front lines is the best it can be. With on-the-spot advice from our experienced pilots and engineers, backed up by the brilliant TEP Safety System - already on licence to other great powers of the world - even the most stubborn new planes will be a breeze to handle.

So don't hesitate! Sign up as a test pilot today!
Glory to Kolechia!

Attention, Crimson Eagle fans!

Do you want to fly like they fly?
Do you want to fly the newest planes, before anyone else?
Do you want to fly faster than any Kolechian has before?
Do you want to help win the war against Verusa, without even having to enter combat?

Anyone else have a test pilot recruitment pitch?

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Knights of the Skies: Kolechia Thread - Late Spring 1915, Design Phase
« Reply #729 on: August 12, 2018, 10:25:10 am »

A thing for the test-pilot-recruitment event:

Bring about a new revolution!
Did you miss out on the Summer Uprising? Didn't get to march in the Autumn Parade? Never fought in the Winter War? Felt left out during Victory Spring? That's okay, because the Kolechian People's Air Force is giving YOU the opportunity to participate in a new revolution! Not against our old tyrannical monarchy, but against the very force of gravity that seeks to confine men to the surface of the earth! Without ever facing enemy fire, you can bring about a new age, soaring above the earth like an angel, doing your part to secure victory for the Motherland against the forces of tyranny!
Together, we shall change air combat forever, discovering new and inventive ways to scour the Verusan scum from the skies!
Glory to Kolechia!

Here's Nuke's one. Think that's it.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Knights of the Skies: Kolechia Thread - Early Summer 1916, Design Phase
« Reply #730 on: August 14, 2018, 10:20:19 am »

Design Phase, Early Summer 1916

Squadron 1 and 2 of Equilibrium Fighter Monoplanes and Observer 2 of Hykib balloons have reached Regular experience level. Squadron 6 of Feathers and Observer 3 and 4 of Hykib balloons have reached Rookie experience level.

In the north, the generals are getting more frustrated with the lack of support from the KPAF. While the EFM is a great fighter and outmatches the Verusan Rhinos, that isn’t any use if the Verusans have artillery spotting balloons, and the army doesn’t. As little as a single squadron of Hykibs would have helped even out the situation. With the way the battle here is progressing, the generals warn that the Verusans might make slight advances here in the upcoming months, even accounting for the air superiority that the KPAF enjoys here.

On the central plains, the army is happy that Estwice has been captured, but less so at the news of Dreidansk falling and a new Sky Crusader fighter appearing, albeit in limited numbers. For now, the generals are planning to recapture Dreidansk, although the threat of Verusan bombers weighs heavily on every commander’s minds. However, the army is still confident of recapturing Dreidansk, assuming that the new Swallow fighter does not appear in greater numbers next month.

To the south, the marines continue the slow push toward Basselton. Their commander requests that you order the Equilibrium squadron here to take on a more offensive role, speeding the advance by actively hunting and shooting down Verusan Sky Eyes.

High command has increased your budget by 3 PP, as the country devotes more factories to war. In addition, your budget is increased by 2 PP from the licensed sale of designs to the Ottomans, and by 1 PP from the ticket sales of the Crimson Knights airshows.

Spoiler: Projects (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Designs and Technology (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Squadrons (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Statistics (click to show/hide)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: August 14, 2018, 10:22:32 am »

We really need to remember to give the North contingency orders.

Also, the enemy appears to be seriously outdevelopping us.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: August 14, 2018, 10:46:14 am »

That actually went okay.

Quote from: Event Reward
The side which can come up with a better advertisement to attract test pilots will have a lowered developmental cost for the next two turns. This consists of -1 PP from each die’s cost spent to progress a project, and also includes the initial cost of starting a new project.

I think we can easily afford to finish the Levib this turn, as well as start developing a new plane. I would like to do a single-seater biplane that we can launch off of a carrier personally, although I'd be open to other ideas.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: August 14, 2018, 11:08:40 am »

We really need to remember to give the North contingency orders.

Also, the enemy appears to be seriously outdevelopping us.
The only strong out development I see is the steel frame, and towards that, I suggest aeroluminum. (Will edit in my earlier design.)

A Shiny New World

For as long as we have known it, the world of aeroplanes has been one of wood and canvas. It's time for that to change. The recently cheapened metal "Aluminum" shows promise as a metal light enough to lift into the air (with some engine upgrades) but strong enough to truly surpass wood. Our goal is to order some samples from the captains of industry in whatever formulations they possess, and to generate a truly innovative airframe material.

The samples are to be accompanied by a shipment of stock aluminum. Our engineers have some ideas regarding possible designs, and would like to explore alloying it with Zinc and Magnesium.

((OOC: my goal is a primitive version of this: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/7075_aluminium_alloy ))
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 11:17:03 am by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Khang36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: August 14, 2018, 11:36:51 am »

Should we consider making our next fighter using a Monocoque body?

So instead of using a structural skeleton we can make the entire skin of the plane out of laminated wood creating a shell that can bear the load instead. This will not only reduce the weight of any aircraft it also reduces drag as we will not be using fabric skins. For anyone not convinced monocque bodies are used on every commercial airliner and on almost every ww2 fighter.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 57